Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Behind Walls of Stone

She listened to the answer his provided. His people had come here a long time ago from somewhere else and invited people to join them then. So far though, she Ailuros had only seen humans and no other races.

He said they lived in the town and had tried to extend further, but her former Empire had stopped them.

"What are considered crimes?"

For a moment, she broke eye contact with him and looked to the floor before looking back at him. Having been within that Empire, she had seen what they did. Not one to pull the trigger herself, but still maybe guilty by association. This was actually the first time in her life that there was a sign she was maturing and not quite the child she had been before.

As he spoke on about gaining respect and loosing it, she nodded.

"I think it would be difficult to build a house alone."

Typical of the feline nature of Ailuros, she did want to hear the answer about what was considered a crime, but she also wanted to know more about the art he had.

"The trooper that brought me here mentioned you had local art. May I see some?"

[member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Ailuros"]

Eddak looked puzzled from the girls question. 'What are crimes?' May as well ask if it's okay to eat others food. "Well, we aren't really different from the rest of the galaxy, in terms of laws. Don't murder, don't steal, don't harass or brutalize others. We have very few laws that are not typical and we don't really criminalize those who break one of them and don't quite know it. We teach rather than punish. The only exception is to well known criminals wanted throughout the galaxy. We either sentence them to death or hand them over to others." Eddak rolled one of his shoulders as he felt a little tired, concerned as he was going to need his energy for the upcoming work. "Listen, I'll give yopu permission to visit the halls of our former leaders. The hall has portraits of those that ruled Galderra before I took the throne. Once I'm done here, I'll come and find you and we can tour the town. It's been awhile since I took a peek around, anyway. Sound good?" Eddak gestured to his advisors to start handing him paperwork so he could look some things over.

Eddak answered her question and she relaxed almost visibly at what he said. The laws were more common sense than anything else.

"What about war crimes on a grand scale? I saw what the Empire did on Charros, but they were following the orders of the men in charge. Does that make them guilty of a crime?"

It wasn't exactly what Eddak was speaking on, but Ailuros wanted to know if she might be considered a criminal. Based off her limited knowledge, she did not think so. They were just as much a military as the one she had just left. Small in number and more intimate, but still military.

When he said she had permission to look around at the portraits, her features lit up and excitement filled her.

"That would be wonderful! I promise I won't break anything as I look around."

[member="Eddak Manod"]

[member="Ailuros"]

"We don't immediately kill those who are criminals. If a formal request is made by another government for us to hand over a criminal, we usually do our best to capture said criminal and hand them over. But if no formal request is made, or if the crime doesn't seem worthy enough, either way - even with average criminals - there is a call to court. I, and two other judges determine the fate of an individual after all evidence is exhausted. Now hold on, before you run off. There are guards posted just about anywhere on Pzob, this includes the hall of prestige. Don't try to sneak off. I'll see you in a moment." Eddak nodded, he gently ushered the girl away as the advisors began speaking to him, telling him of things he needs to address at the time being and get them fixed or set up a new law, or figure out items necessary for an event and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom