Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Behind Green Eyes

MOSHED-2022-8-18-22-57-25.jpg

Behind Green Eyes
Lothal
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider.png

Jasper had history with Lothal. He had found his clone brother here, his village burnt to ash. He had fought his first imperial storm trooper here when they invaded for recourses back when he was still a padawan. Now he returned for a simple follow up mission. The abandoned Jedi Temple Ruins had been infested by Sithspawn, which Valery had lead a team to clear out. Now he was coming in to reevaluate the situation and assess local damage, a part of his duties as the leader of the Shield Core, the NJO's relief unit. They'd set out from the Dawnbreaker in a transport shuttle. They, of course, being himself and a padawan he had yet to meet, a boy named Braze.

As a member of the Jedi council, Jasper liked to interact with as many students as possible. It was good to establish a strong relationship with those you were supposed to lead after all, right? That's what the knight figured, anyways. This young Braze fellow was no exception.

"Right then," Jasper began, getting to his feet as the shuttle entered the atmosphere of Lothal. "I'm not expecting this to be anything insane. Just a quick check in with the locals to see what damages need to be addressed and treat the afflicted. Sithspawn have a nasty tendency to corrupt victims. If there's anything like that, I'll take care of it."

He was naturally skilled in Force Light after all, weak as it may have been. He was, at least, capable of purifying an individual who had been afflicted with darkside sickness. The man frowned, scratching the scruff on his chin with his mechanical hand as he assessed the green-eyed boy.

"Tell me about yourself, kid," he finally stated. "I find it's best to work with people when you have a little context." A grin spread across his face as he shrugged. "Or don't, I guess. I don't mind either way."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Jasper's words hung in the air as they descended towards Lothal, the planet that held significant memories and emotions for him. As a leader he understood the importance of assessing the local damage and providing aid to those affected by the Sithspawn infestation. Beside him sat Braze, the young bright eyed Padawan he was about to embark on this mission with.

Braze shifted in his seat, his gaze fixed on the floor of the shuttle. But the youth had been as silent as the grave for the entire trip. He had been sitting down with his arms crossed, wrapped around himself and his head lowered. He couldn't help but feel a sense of nervousness and uncertainty in Jasper's presence. The Council member's reputation preceded him, and Braze couldn't help but wonder if he was truly deserving of the opportunity to work alongside someone of such high stature. Braze had been displaying body posture that made him look smaller and less noticeable and made no attempts to draw attention to himself nor attempt any kind of friendly interaction. He spoke only when spoken to and only spoke the bare minimum or what would be expected from him.

Jasper's words drew Braze's attention from the floor. He glanced at the man but didn't meet his gaze unable to make let alone keep eye contact.

"Well...Master Jasper," Braze started, his voice slightly hesitant. "I'm Braze, a Padawan... or, well, I'm training to become one," he corrected himself, his tone betraying his self-doubt. Braze had long, soft snowy-white hair, tied back into a small, fluffy pony tail, yet the style was devoid of that traditional padawan braid, nor any sort of decorative beads.

"I'm still new to field assignments. I guess I feel like I don't quite measure up."

He glanced up briefly, meeting Jasper's gaze before quickly looking away again. "I mean, it's an honor to be here with you, but I can't help but feel nervous. I've never been on an assignment like this before, especially with someone from the Council. It's, um, a bit overwhelming."

Braze's fingers fidgeted with the edge of his soft silken robes, a sign of his uneasiness.

"I'll be honest with you Master Jasper. I'm not particularly fond of mercy missions. I mean, I understand their importance and helping others is a Jedi's duty, but I've always been much more excited about putting my saber skills to the test. Saber combat is... well, it's something I'm really good at."

He couldn't hide a hint of pride in his voice as he spoke about his swordsmanship. Braze had spent countless hours training and honing his skills with the lightsaber, finding a sense of comfort and confidence in his abilities. It was the one thing he reveled in and permeated his actions and compelled a lot of his decisions. He was always anxious for a scrap be it with an elder and better, or to prove himself amongst his peers. He was exceptionally competitive and sought out confrontation with an affinity for it.

"But, um...I know that being a Jedi is about more than just fighting. It's about protecting and helping others. And I want to do that, I really do," he continued, his voice growing slightly more resolute. "I just... sometimes doubt myself. Or my purpose or if I'm really mean to be here. I'm still learning, still finding my place in all of this. Part of me feels like maybe I wasn't meant for this, or that maybe if i had been different when I was younger things wouldn't be what they are today. Lately, I often feel like I'm a mistake and a burden to others. "

Braze took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves. "So...although I'm not the most experienced, I'll do my best, to assist you, Master Jasper. I'll try and learn from you and follow your lead. Together, I hope my contributions can assist the people of Lothal and make a difference," he said, a flicker of determination shining through his uncertainty.

He hoped that his honesty would be met with understanding, that Jasper would see that he was going to try and make a real effort not to screw things up.

Braze was eager to prove himself and grow as a Jedi, to become a true protector and defender.

He didn't think lying to Jasper would be a particularly good foot to start things off on. And truthfully Braze was rather overwhelmed with the fact if the situation with this assignment, believing himself unworthy of this opportunity. Normally he had Ember Tide to calm and steel his thoughts and right now it felt like he was going through withdrawal from that warm aura of assurance that made him feel it was okay to just be.

Last edited:

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"That was... a lot more open than I was expecting you to be," Jasper reacted. "Most people just give their name and where they're from to start with."

That was already a lot to work with, but one thing stuck out to Jasper. Not wanting to feel like a burden was a scenario he knew well. he had felt like one all throughout his time as a padawan, struggling to prove his worth while being weaker in the force than his peers. He knew what that was like all too well, alongside the extremes that it pushed him to to succeed.

"Well, for starters you aren't a burden," he insisted. "You're just learning. It's natural. Even without training I can guarantee you that you're stronger than me in the force, if that's any consultation. Letting your value lie in your worth to others can be a... slippery slope. I know that seems maybe a little vague at the moment, but you'll see for yourself."

Now it was on to the next point that stood out to him.

"Second off, it isn't an honor to work with me," the knight corrected. "Despite what my reputation may lead you to believe, I'm just a guy. I'm here because of the decisions I made, but having a title or authority doesn't make any different than other Jedi in the order. So don't get yourself all twisted over formalities, yeah?"

He really was just a guy ultimately. While the respect that his title got him was novel back in his early days on the council, Jasper did miss being some nobody. It made it harder to meet people where they were and have more genuine interactions, especially when everyone was so worried about respect and reputation. He wasn't some kind of inter-galactic hero, even if the rest of the Galaxy seemed to think he was.

"And lastly, it's good that you're doing something you don't like," Jasper noted. "You can swing a lightsaber, fine, but you won't be able to cut your way out of every scenario. A Jedi seeks balance, not specialization. Problems can only be solved when all angles are considered, and sometimes combat has a tendency of making more problems to solve later. There's a time and a place for everything."

The shuttle had by this point landed and the lift door lowered. He grinned, patting the kid's back with his cybernetic hand.

"Don't think about all that too hard though," the knight chuckled. "It's just food for thought. Let's get goin."

Braze listened attentively to Jasper's response, finding comfort in his words and the genuine understanding that emanated from him. He appreciated the man's reassurance that he wasn't a burden and that learning was a natural part of the journey. It eased some of the pressure he had placed on himself.

"I'm sorry I don't talk that much normally- not that I don't like, ever talk at all..." He trailed. " I've just had a lot of time to ruminate on things..." Braze trailed but padded along after the taller scampering slightly to keep up with his larger gait.

Braze blinked at that pat and thought it felt odd. Well of course it was odd it was rough and hard- not fleshy-like. He let his green eyes sweep over the man with curiosity perhaps less concerned about being noticed or feeling awkward himself. The whole ride he kept his gaze adverted but now that he followed after Jasper he couldn't help but take in his appearance.

His eyes seemed to gravitate to that odd arm the adult had. Braze didn't say anything but he was certainly gawking at it and how it moved and functioned. It looked a bit more complex to him than what he had seen of Loomi's legs and it was the one thing on Jasper that seemed to keep Braze's attention.

"What are you good at? Or are we paired together because we were both found lacking?" Braze seemingly just asked without a second of thought on filtering this question that bubbled up to the surface of his thoughts. It was in fact milder than his initial thoughts but it was still an incredibly rude way of wording it and went to show the caliber of social graces, or lack there of Braze possessed.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"What are you good at? Or are we paired together because we were both found lacking?"

Jasper cracked a grin at that. He thought just like that when he was a padawan, though he'd certainly never say it.

"I'm on the Jedi Council, remember?" he reminded with a smile. "I chose this mission and to be paired with you. I like to get to know the people I'm supposed to lead. Good leadership is built on a foundation of trust with the people you lead." The knight chuckled a little. "I'm not mad, by the way. That's all stuff I need to know so that I can provide guidance. You're not lacking, you're learning."

He glanced back as they began walking, heading in the general direction of the village they were intended to check in on. Jasper noticed that Braze's eyes were gravitating to his right side, which was pretty much clear as day focused in on his arm. The knight reached over with his organic arm, grabbing hold of his cybernetic shoulder before removing the prosthetic.

"Curious how it works?" Jasper asked. "Catch."

With no warning Jasper would toss his arm back. It wouldn't get damaged. It was, after all, a robust piece of hardware that he invented. He just wanted to test the boy's reflexes.

Last edited:

Jasper certainly held the center of attention for Braze's world presently. " If I'm learning I must be lacking in either experience knowledge or both. " Braze stated seemingly choosing a mildly argumentative reply though brought it out in a matter-of-fact tone.

When questioned about his curiosity about the prosthetic Braze started to nod his head and was going to accompany that action with a verbal reply-
however, Braze's initial nod turned into a brief expression of horror and disgust. He hadn't expected Jasper to casually pop off his own arm, and the sight took him by surprise, momentarily robbing him of a verbal response or reaction.

However, Braze's instinctive reflexes kicked in, and he swiftly reached out to catch the detached arm. His movements denoted reaction- no thought just trained response. When thought kicked in he almost dropped it but thought better of dropping the arm he had latched on to. His initial shock and terror gave way to a mix of emotions that played across his face, finally settling into a frustrated expression. He couldn't help but snip at Jasper, attempting to find some semblance of humor in the situation trying to mask his frustration.

"Remind me to never ask you for a hand!" Braze huffed, his breathing quickened as he grappled with the surreal experience of holding Jasper's limb. Initially, he held it out and away from his body, unsure how to handle the unexpected object. But then, he made the decision to draw it in and rest the heavy arm on his shoulder, a symbolic act of supporting and shouldering the burden presented to him.

"I didn't think I'd be shouldering this kind of burden to help you out..." Braze murmured, his voice a mix of disbelief and acceptance. The weight of the moment sank in, but he was determined to rise to the occasion and assist Jasper in any way he could.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

" If I'm learning I must be lacking in either experience knowledge or both. "

"You're not wrong, I guess," Jasper shrugged, "I'll be sure to expect you to understand intergalactic economics and the housing market for our next mission then."

It was funny how young he was, yet he felt so incompetent all the same. Of course he was lacking. He hadn't had the chance to learn. There was nothing wrong with that. It was just something that Braze was gonna have to learn, one way or another.

"Oh, I see what you did there," he noted upon Braze's remark of asking for a hand. "That's a good one."

His reflexes were good, something to be expected of someone who focused on dueling. He was quick to frustrate though. It seemed that out of the blue occurrences easily got under his skin. That was something that required some work, which was fine. Overall though there was a semblance of maturity and duty that lie beneath. That's what he would need to hone. Jasper turned back, a warm smile on his face.

"I didn't think I'd be shouldering this kind of burden to help you out..."

"That's an interesting way to think about it," the knight noted. "But sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. I could have been making a symbolic gesture that represented a passing of trust onto you.." With a grin he plucked his arm from Braze's shoulder, reattaching the prosthetic. "Or I was just telling a joke. I suppose its just what we make of an experience that shapes it."

Jasper turned back, continuing to walk. He tucked his hands into his pockets as he did so, gazing out into the distance.

"Sorry," he added. "I'll be the first to admit I'm a little odd... but there's a method to my madness. You just gotta catch on to see it."

His smile remained plastered on his face.

Braze blinked feeling his eyes become glassy. He blinked rapidly as he felt that tightness in the back of his throat and he compelled himself to take a slow deep breath and let it out trying to banish any remnants that threatened to break free quickly rubbing the back of his semi gloves hands at those large intense eyes. Why was he on the verge of tears? He wasn't sad or upset. No, but he was overstimulated briefly by emotion. It was because he felt out of control, overwhelmed with pressures and things in his life that were unpredictable. He couldn't be sniveling like a small kid in front of Jasper now either! That was NOT becoming.

With subdued sullen indigence, Braze banished such sentiments as quickly as they started trying not to be too obvious about it. "I didn't pay much attention in economics class, or math... I prefer science classes just not the political sciences. " Braze offered. He failed to mention the fact that he rather often liked to skip out on his academic pursuits. "Does having bought a house recently count for knowledge in the housing markets?" Braze asked.

"Oh... no I think I've 'caught' on already. " Braze chirped seemingly having formulated some ideas about Jasper in their short time together. He didn't dwell on his frustrations, however- he experiences emotions intensely sharply and was quick to shift into a new one.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Oh... no I think I've 'caught' on already. "

"Okay," Jasper shrugged. "If you say so. Uh, the economics thing was a joke by the way. I couldn't tell you the first thing about the housing market. I live in a starship."

There was a lot of emotion bubbling up in the young man now. A ball of something overwhelming that had yet to be released. What was it? Whatever it was, keeping it down was frustrating the young man quite so. They had a while before they made it to the village. Jasper wondered if he could manage to get it out.

"I came to Lothal once when I was a padawan," he began, "Older than you I think, but not by much. I was looking for someone, a brother I had just come to learn I had. I remember feeling so excited. I grew up alone you see, so the prospect of having family was one that I was quite eager to embrace."

Jasper's smile faded, his tone growing more somber.

"I found his village up in flames," Jasper explained. "All who lived there were dead, all except for my little brother Jalen. He was shattered... rendered blind from an injury. The thought of what may have happened if I had arrived to find him even an hour sooner has haunted me for a long time now..."

The young man continued to walk forwards, his posture still solid. He spoke of regrets, but it was clear that, at least to some extent, it was an event that he had come to peace with.

"Bottling up your emotions isn't healthy you know," he noted. "They can lead to frustration, hatred, rage. When you can't focus your hatred on the world around you, you focus it inward. Before long all you can do is tear yourself apart. If your goal is to help people, tearing yourself down only causes more issues."

Jasper turned back, a huge smile on his face. Quite paradoxically, however, there were tears streaming down his face. He was quite good at remaining composed, but to think of his little brother laying in his childhood home as it burned, his sight stolen by those who had no write to take it, he always struggled to keep it all in.

"It's okay to cry, kid," he assured. "I'll do it with you."

Braze absorbed Jasper's emotional response and the weight of the situation, his expression growing somber in response. Witnessing the tears of an adult was an unfamiliar sight for the young would-be Padawan, and it stirred a mixture of sadness and uneasiness within him. It challenged his perception of adults as individuals who always had everything under control.
Feeling a deep sense of empathy, Braze instinctively reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a bandanna-like cloth made of soft cotton-like material. He held it out to Jasper, a small gesture of comfort and support. While words may not have felt adequate at that moment, the offered cloth carried a message of solace and understanding.

"I'm sorry that happened," Braze murmured softly, his voice filled with genuine compassion. He recognized the pain and vulnerability in Jasper's tears and wanted to offer whatever comfort he could. Braze understood that adults, like everyone else, had their own struggles and vulnerabilities, and it was a reminder that maturity and strength came in various forms.

Seeking a closer connection, Braze gently pressed his forehead against the side of Jasper's arm, a silent gesture of solidarity and shared understanding. In that simple act, he conveyed his support and willingness to be there for the knight, offering a small piece of his own presence to provide solace in a difficult moment.

Together, they stood in that moment, the weight of their respective experiences and emotions shared silently, united in their journey as mentor and student. Braze understood the importance of connection and empathy in this moment, and he hoped that his presence and small gesture would bring a measure of comfort to Jasper.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

Jasper was expecting some tears. What he got was, arguably, a much better response. Empathy. That was the foundation of the Jedi Order. He took the boy's cloth, but simply only held it in his hand.

"I'm sorry that happened,"

"Don't apologize," Jasper shrugged. "It's history. It cannot be changed, only better understood."

Jasper turned to look down at the boy, his face now miraculously quite dry. It gave the impression of genuine emotion, but also great control.

"I apologize that I got a little personal at the end," he continued, "But it was important. You've passed a very important test. You have a clear tendency to conserve your own emotions, but you have a strong sense of empathy and a drive to prove yourself. I'd say you have the making of a great man, so long as you have a push in the right direction."

The knights composure remained stalwart, almost as though he hadn't been crying at all, yet every word he said was filled with compassion. To that end he was certain that Braze would walk out of this somewhat confused, but he had a good read on the boy now. Sheltered and perhaps even a little spoiled, but there was the foundation of something good in there that was worth fostering.

"Don't worry," the knight added with a grin. "You certainly wont be seeing me cry anytime soon again. Let's keep moving, yeah? The village is close."

Before long, the two would find the silhouettes of structures in the distance.

Last edited:

wb1.png
alexboarder.png

Braze considered Jasper for a while offering him an odd expression. He fell silent and looked contemplative over what the man had said. Braze nodded, taking in Jasper's words and the wisdom they held. He understood the significance of history and how it shaped individuals, unable to be changed but open for deeper understanding. He respected Jasper's perspective and recognized that dwelling on the past wouldn't bring resolution, only the knowledge to move forward.

He listened attentively to the knight's words, absorbing the wisdom and insight being shared. Jasper's composed demeanor and controlled emotions made a lasting impression on Braze, solidifying his initial sentiments.

The boy's initial uneasiness began to subside, replaced by a newfound sense of purpose and confidence. The knight's assurance that he wouldn't let his emotions get the better of him resonated deeply with Braze, reinforcing his resolve to maintain composure.

"Don't worry... I'm ready to assist in any way I can, Master Jasper. "
Braze reassured him uncertain what else to do from his own thoughts seemingly keeping them to himself for the time being. He wasn't good at discerning what to say and when to say it but he felt perhaps being quiet was better for the time being.

As the two of them continued on their path, the silhouettes of the village structures grew closer. After some silent contemplation and the gears in his little mind whirring away. "So... being here... must be difficult for you hmnn?" Braze reasoned perhaps making strides in his empathy for others.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Good," Jasper nodded. "We'll have much to do."

Jasper tilted his head a little at the mention of difficulty being here. He smiled a little.

"Not exactly," he shrugged. "I understand the circumstances that set my brother on his path. It was one forged in the lawlessness of the Outer Rim. That gives me more of a resolve to help these people if anything else."

It was exactly for that reason he wanted to be here, to make this world a safer place for children who could very well end up like his little brother. Jalen felt the same, even if he wasn't much of a talker.

They were at the entrance before long. An older Nautolan man stood waiting for them, a smile on his grizzled face.

"Welcome, Master Jedi," the man greeted. "I must thank your Order again for helping clear out those beats. They were a blight on this place, a real nasty blight indeed."

"No need," Jasper assured. "I'm just glad my people could assist you. Any sick or wounded? We've come to treat any corruption that may have occurred from contact with the Sithspawn."

The Nautolan scratched his chin, nodding.

"An older fellow, yeah," the man nodded. "Killed one of those buggers and fell ill. He hasn't gotten better. You think he's been corrupted?"

"It certainly sounds likely," the knight responded, his tone now serious. "Could you lead us to him?"

The Nautolan nodded, turning and beginning to make his way into the Village proper. It was very rural, with mud dome houses and moisture harvesters scattered around. Not too far past the village lay a stretch of fields comprised of some sort of grain. It was a far cry from the towering megastructures of Coruscant, but the place certainly had it's charm. Jasper turned back, gesturing for Braze to follow, then set off after the village elder.

Braze kept to himself as they reached the entrance of the village, his eyes fixed on the ground. He felt a mixture of nervousness and curiosity, unsure of how to engage with the villagers and hesitant to intrude on their lives. Nonetheless, he followed closely behind Jasper, almost like a lost puppy trying to keep up with its master. His quiet steps barely made a sound as he padded along after Jasper, and Braze carefully absorbed the details of the village, his eyes wide with curiosity. He was like a sponge, eagerly soaking up every bit of information and observation around him.

As they were greeted by the older Nautolan man, Braze stood a few steps back, observing their interaction. His reserved nature made it difficult for him to initiate conversation or ask questions, but he watched intently, taking in the nuances of Jasper's interactions and the way he listened attentively to the village elder.

Braze's shyness manifested in the way he occasionally stumbled over his words or fidgeted with the edge of his soft silken robes. He had a habit of tilting his head slightly when he listened intently, as if trying to catch every last word.

This quiet reserved demeanor laced with shyness was not typical of Brazes' character. This was the result of him being somewhere new in a situation that was unfamiliar with unfamiliar people. There were too many new and different experiences he was being exposed to all at once. That alone helped to tame his usual brazen facade. The fact he was accompanying a master on an actual field assignment helped to give him reason to pause and think about his actions before committing to them.

Curiosity got the better of him, and he mustered up the courage to ask a question, albeit quietly.

"Master Jasper," Braze began, his voice barely above a whisper, "What should we expect to see from someone who has been affected by the Sithspawn's corruption? How can we help them?" He hoped that Jasper would share his knowledge and provide some guidance on dealing with the aftermath of such affliction.

It was as if Braze was venturing into uncharted territory, seeking knowledge and guidance with genuine sincerity.

Last edited:

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"What should we expect to see from someone who has been affected by the Sithspawn's corruption? How can we help them?"

"Depends on how long they were exposed," Jasper frowned. "Fever, headaches, hallucinations, paling or darkening of the skin in the face, sunken eyes. In the worst of cases nightmares or even coma. How I'll treat it is pretty simple."

Jasper opened his mind to the force for a moment, letting a radiant light spill out from his body. It was faint, but notably warm and comforting. As soon as it came it was gone, fading away.

"Force Light," he explained. "It purifies darkness. Unfortunately due to natural limitations, my light is not very strong. It's enough to treat corruption though."

Before long they were in a small dome-shaped hut, with a man present on a makeshift medical bed. He was an older, pale Twi'lek man with a wrinkled sagging face. His eyes were dark and sunken, his breath heavy. The man seemed to be asleep, and not by his own choice. Coma? It could be likely. If that was the case than it was most likely recent.

"He's stable..." the knight noted, "But I'll need a bit of time to work with him. Stand back for a bit, but keep your eyes open. Maybe you'll learn something."

With that his light returned and he got to work.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze watched attentively as Jasper explained the symptoms and effects of the affliction, his brows furrowing in concern. The gravity of the situation became clear, and he understood the urgency of finding a solution. The mention of Force Light caught his attention, and he observed Jasper's brief display of the warm, comforting light that emanated from him. Braze marveled over the feat that Jasper briefly performed, with all the wonderment of a youth. He always liked seeing new things displayed that he hadn't understood just yet. It always captivated his attention.

"Force Light... It purifies darkness,"
Braze repeated quietly, as if committing that to memory.

Braze followed Jasper's lead keeping his eyes open and a wary demeanor of the new surroundings.
He listened intently as Jasper instructed them to stand back and observe, a chance to witness the healing power of the Force firsthand.

Braze took a step back, keeping his eyes fixed on the scene before him. He felt a surge of anticipation, wondering what he might learn from this experience.

As Jasper's light returned and he began his work, Braze held his breath, silently hoping for a positive outcome. He was filled with a sense of gratitude for the knights like Jasper who dedicated themselves to using the Force for healing and restoration. It reminded him of the potential of the Light side and the importance of its presence in the galaxy.

At that moment, Braze felt awestruck as he witnessed the healing process unfolding before him.

He seemed to remain respectfully quiet and tried to stay out of Jasper's way but he did seem fairly curious and Jasper held his attention. Braze watched the poor afflicted fellow as Jasper worked as well and occasionally offered a glance around keeping aware of their surroundings. In his mind, his job was to protect Jasper as he worked and ensure he was un uninterrupted.

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

Jasper allowed himself to reach into the man's mind, his light piercing into the darkness that had festered. In the physical world he was calm, at peace, but within it was a battleground, pushing for the old man to unshackle his soul from the corrupted state. At first there was pushback. The man began to recoil, his corrupted body rejecting the light as it grew more intense. Before long, however, the sickness was unable to maintain it's hold. It began to retreat, out from the depths of the old Twi'lek's mind and crawling back into the real world.

It would form into a black cloud that rose from the man's chest before quickly withering into dust in the direct exposure to Jasper's radiant aura. His eyes opened, a smile coming to the Sentinel's face. To his relief the old fellow seemed to stabilize.

"There we go," Jasper nodded. "He should be good now. His body will be able to pick up the pieces. I imagine he shouldn't be asleep for much longer."

He turned to Braze, giving a warm smile.

"I suppose it's hard to tell exactly what I did just by watching," he laughed, "But hopefully that broadens your horizons on the capability of the force, yeah? Come on. We got more work to do."

And with that he'd gesture for the boy to follow as he set back out into the village. Now would be a time for questions, if the padawan could manage any.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze's initial morbid curiosity quickly transformed into a mix of awe and wonder as he watched Jasper in action. His eyes widened, captivated by the sight before him. He absorbed every movement, every technique with an insatiable thirst for knowledge. The scene unfolded like a captivating story, and Braze was the eager audience, hanging onto every moment.

As Jasper's skilled hands worked, Braze couldn't help but sense a tinge of pain in the man's expression. A sense of admiration and respect blossomed within Braze's chest, reflecting in the wide-eyed expression on his face.

"He should be good now. His body will be able to pick up the pieces. I imagine he shouldn't be asleep for much longer."
"That's very good. He's lucky you came by. " Braze observed. When Jasper glanced at him and offered a warm smile, Braze couldn't help but smile back at him.
"I suppose it's hard to tell exactly what I did just by watching," he laughed, "But hopefully that broadens your horizons on the capability of the force, yeah? Come on. We got more work to do."
Braze followed after Jasper and a somewhat comical expression crossed his features as he looked at his hands seemingly trying to focus on them with little to no avail.

"How... How did you do it?" Braze asked uncertain as to how Jasper could just become a glow worm. "Can you teach me how to do it too?"
Braze asked excitedly before thinking better of his words and belatedly adding " I mean, could you please, Master Kai'el?"

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

" I mean, could you please, Master Kai'el?"

"I could try," Jasper stated, "But I've been trying to figure out how to do that... See, I developed the ability sort of out of nowhere, and though a very specific set of circumstances mind you... It's a long story."

A frown came to his face. Something was off. Shifting darkness in the surrounding area. That... couldn't be right. The area had been cleared out of Sithspawn. That was quickly a notion that he put in the back of his mind as his reflexes kicked in. Jasper reached out his mechanical arm, catching a creature that had lunged out of the nearby tall grass towards him by the throat. It was snarling, canine like in it's form but dark and oily, almost made from a sludge of sorts. It had gnashing rows of razor sharp teeth and a scattering or red eyes more like a spider's then a dog's.

"Looks like they're not gone," the man frowned. "Step back for a moment."

And in an instant he had blasted it with force light, reducing the beast to an ashy puddle on the ground. People were in danger still. Action had to be taken.

"Iota," Jasper began, getting on his commlink and radioing back to the Dawnbreaker, "Send down a team to secure the perimeter around the village. The nearby area is still infested."

<Copy that, boss.> The AI responded.

With that out of the way, Jasper turned back to Braze.

"Alright, change of plans," he began again. "We need to do a sweep of the village before anyone gets injured."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom