Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bounty Before Total Darkness

Lars Orndatti made his way quietly through the streets of Arcadia in the dark. His alchemized stealth armor blended into the darkness. The Anzat had a single goal in mind: a Voidhuntress-class Heavy Starfighter that was owned by some bigwig corpo. He figured with it in his possession, he might could catch that damn Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher by surprise in space and blast him to oblivion. And she was a gorgeous ship. The Jensaarai wouldn't take too kindly to him stealing, but he had left them. They had frowned upon some of the ways he handled things. Said he was too aggressive, too hateful. Too much like the Sith, despite the fact that the Jensaarai were born from Sith teachings. Well, if they were those kinds of weaklings, then they were just holding him back.

He approached the building that housed the starship. It was a tall building, with a single hanger garage at the top. It was private luxury, not for the commoners for sure. Not that anyone would want to live here. But for some reason, this corpo kept his starship locked up here. He activated gravpack on his armor, and engaged the repulsorlift in his boots, and set his jetpack on low. That would keep him quiet and still have plenty of maneuverability, even if he wouldn't fly at a very quick speed. Speed wasn't necessary at the moment, only staying hidden.

Landing on the roof, Lars threw up a Force Cloak to make sure no cameras spotted him. He walked up the garage. It actually had a physical bay door, probably and energy wall behind it as well. He reached out with the Force and used Mechu-Deru to try to flip the lock. He had just managed to hear a click and see the bay door open and the energy wall deactivate, when a siren sounded. He had somehow trip an alarm.

Of course the business had plenty of guards who reacted instantly to the alarm, swarming the rooftop. At this point, Lars was growing rather exhausted from maintaining a Force Cloak and having used Mechu-Deru. "Oh well", he said aloud. He dropped the Force Cloak, revealing himself. Better to conserve the energy. The guards aimed there blasters at him and began firing. He pulled his lightsaber, igniting the area with a red-orange light. He deflected the blaster bolts away, even directing some back into the shooters. He cut down the closest ones and ducked inside the hanger. He reached out with the Force again to open the ship and get it running as he continued to deflect the bolts. The fire ceased when he leapt into the cockpit; nobody wanted to so much as even scratch the ship. He fired the laser cannons, causing the guards to go running. He closed the cockpit and gunned the ship, rocketing away.

Later, reports would be filed, and news would spread. The owner of the ship was furious, but there wasn't much he could do now. The ship had last been detected headed toward Corva Yag, but then the tracker had been deactivated. The incensed owner immediately put out a bounty for a Force User with goshawk-themed stealth armor, a red-orange lightsaber, and a stolen Voidhuntress-class Heavy Starfighter.

He had no idea of knowing, that no matter how successful or unsuccessful the bounty was, he would never see the ship again.

Last edited:
Sitting aboard his starfighter, the Highway to Hell, Percival put on some music. The hunt for Force Wizards had begun, and he was eager to make his first catch.

Bounty boards were normally the last places he would look, not wanting to poach bounties and risk the wrath of other hunters (or the powerful people who posted the bounties themselves). But in this case he wasn't overly concerned about a random corpo who was mad about a stolen starship. He was interested in the thief who had apparently used the Force to commit grand theft starfighter. Probably not a Jedi, then - although it would be hilarious if it was some self-righteous knight who had justified stealing from the rich because of some mission or another. More likely, this was a Sith or a member of another Force tradition with lax morals.

Another reason for targeting the thief: he actually had an image of what he looked like. Sure, he was clad in armor, but the armor itself was unique. Percival used his droid brain to scour the Holonet, tapping into surveillance systems across the galaxy as he tracked the mysterious man's movements. Wherever he was last spotted could provide vital clues as to his current whereabouts. Corva Yag was a good place to start, but if this thief was smart, he would keep moving until the hunters lost his scent.

Well, the mortal ones, anyway. The tireless droid Percival would not give up so easily.

SCGcxdj_2.png

Sahan Dragr studied the hangar garage where the stolen starship had been kept. "Are you even listening?" the fat corpo whined. "I'm not paying you unless you bring me his head and the ship back!"

The Mandalorian gave an unseen roll of his eyes. Typical. "You will pay me part upfront. That's how it works. I made the trip out here, after all, to answer your bounty call. You have to at least compensate me for that. Then you pay me, each, upon confirmation of capture of the bounty and retrieval of the stolen ship. That is both reasonable and unnegotiable." He glared at the man from behind his T-visor. The slob of a man cringed where he stood at the intimidating presence.

"Ok, ok. Fair is fair, I guess. Just get it done!"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. Send me the data of the trajectory of the ship before it disappeared and the security footage." The corpo man waved to his assistant, who promptly sent him the data wirelessly. He pulled the footage up on his visor HUD. "Hmm... Definitely a Force user. Well trained as well. Not a Jedi, that's for certain. Can't see the armor that well from the footage. You should spring for higher quality cameras. Of course, he could also have properties in the stealth suit that were interfering. Or it was some bizarre magick trick. Those sorcerers can do some strange things. Nothing that can't be combated though."

He ran his hand along the electronic lock. The man had used some sort of way to force the door to unlock physically, no tech involved. As he touched the lock, he suddenly caught a solid image in his mind, as if he had seen it himself. He saw the man, clear as day - or, well, night in this case, but still clearly - even the bird-like design of the armor. There were stories, myths, of a rare gift amongst his race that let them use an ability that was very similar to a Jedi magick trick. It let them view the memories of inanimate objects. He hadn't believed it, but he had been raised amongst Mandalorians, not Kiffar, so he didn't know the culture all that well. He didn't even have any facial tattoos. He had no idea what clans his birth parents had belonged to. Didn't really matter to him. He couldn't miss what he didn't remember. And he had a family amongst the Kestri Enclave. That was all that mattered. That, and becoming the best damned Karjr anyone had ever seen. He had to live up to the Dragr name, after all.

Still, that armor on the ship thief looked awfully familiar... The bird design brought to mind the raven design on the beskar'gam of Shaman Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher . Come to think of it, he was a Force user who came from Susevfi, which was on the old Little Minos Run from Cotellier up to Kabal. He brought up the trajectory of the stolen ship. It has disappeared headed up the Minos toward Corva Yag. But as he looked closely, he noticed that it was angled to go past Corva Yag, not to it. That would take him up toward Andelm. No reason to go there, plus it was Trade League territory. It was unlikely the man was Sith if he was headed that way. And past Andelm was Suarbi, which is where the moon of Susevfi was. Bird armor, Force using, This couldn't be a coincidence. He had never heard of Corbin using a lightsaber, but apparently the guy was some kind of genius. Probably was smart enough not to show it around in front of the Enclave. But there had to be some kind of connection. Perhaps he should go to Susevfi and pay Corbin a visit.

Sahan looked to the corpo. Honestly, the man seemed like he secretly wanted to be a Hutt. Gross. "I've got a lead. Give me my front cut, and I'll be off."

Last edited:

Lars was most definitely impressed with the starfighter. He'd made sure to disable any tracking on the ship and had been making good progress cruising around in the space near Corva Yag, when he had encountered pirates. They had been dumb enough to try to rob him and were now rubble and slag floating in space. This ship had definitely been worth the trouble.

He made his way up the Little Minos Run, cutting straight through past Alakaha and Andelm IV. Wouldn't be too long before he made it to his base on an uninhabited moon in the Suarbi system. He could hide right under the nose of the Jensaarai and the damned Trade League that way. The moon itself had no breathable atmosphere, but he had an energy dome over a completed hanger that had breathable air inside. The actual base itself was only maybe a third of the way finished. He had nanobots programmed to build it, so it would take time, but they worked constantly without him having to keep an eye on them, so it had been worth the expense. Once he was back there, he'd be able to plot his next move. For now, he'd just relax and enjoy the trip.

SCGcxdj_2.png

Location: "4STECK," the Force-Tech mobile factory and shipyard in orbit around Susevfi in the Suarbi Sector

Sahan waited in a little private lobby of Force-Teck's shipyard. The whole thing was quite impressive. The whole thing was twice as big as a dreadnaught. How long and how much money had it taken to build the thing? Despite his misgivings about Corbin Vasher's loyalty, the man was apparently an engineering genius and a great businessman. Though, Sahan figured Corbin had plenty of employees to help actually run the business.

It wasn't very long before the man strode into the lobby. He wore a full-body set of beskar'gam. It was rather peculiar, not at all standard, with its raven design and interlocking plates leaving no exposed areas at all. It looked extremely heavy and cumbersome, yet Corbin seemed to move easily in it. "Dragr, right? What can I do for you? Feel to remove your helmet and get comfortable. I can get you a drink, if you like."

"I'm good thanks. And I'd rather keep my helmet on. I won't be here long. I just want to ask a few questions, and I'll be out of your hair. I'm after a bounty, and I figure you might be able to give me some information about the target."

Corbin shrugged and took a seat. "Sure, shoot."

Sahan brought up a holoimage on his vambrace computer. "This is the target. Unknown name, uses a red-orange lightsaber, uses the Force, has a bird-style armor not unlike yours. The armor and Force ability seem like too much to be coincidence. You have any idea who he is?"

Corbin stared silently for a moment, as if thinking deeply on what to say. He then sighed. "Yeah, I know him. He's from Susevfi. He used to be part of a certain Force order, before he left."

"So, you're a Jedi after all? You both wear the same armor. Except, I don't hear of Jedi using armor too often."

Corbin shook his head. "No, not Jedi. Jensaarai."

Sahan tilted his head. "I've never even heard of that term. Is it like the Jedi at all?"

"It has some similarities. It basically began as a blend of Jedi and Sith teachings but eventually became something all to itself. And even the people who have heard of the Jensaarai tend to believe we're just a myth. That's the way we like to keep it. We tend to just keep to Susevfi and protect our home and citizens, though we've also expanded to help with the entire Trade League territory. Do what we can to try to keep the Sith at bay."

"Anyone in the Enclave know of this?"

"Speaker Runi Kuryida Runi Kuryida does. She's the only one. Only one who needed to know. My walk in the Manda is a bit different from others', but it is my own walk. That doesn't make me any less Mandalorian. Actually, it may make me more Mando'ad than some."

"Uh huh." Sahan was rather skeptical, but he wouldn't raise the issue. It wasn't his place to question. Regardless of his personal feelings and doubts about the man, he did follow the Resol'nare. Sahan would always respect that, even if they saw it differently. "And this guy?"

"That is Lars Orndatti. He is an Anzat and rather gifted in the Force, as most Anzati are. I'm not entirely sure why he left. Some kind of disagreement or something. I do get the feeling he has struggled with the Dark side most his life. If he has taken to committing crimes, he might have gone over, or is on the very edge. Perhaps being captured and doing some time would be good for him. Last I heard, rumor said he was still hiding somewhere in the system, though nobody knows exactly where. And nobody honestly cared. I'd check one of the moons around Suarbi 3 or 6. Uninhabited, but there's solid ground to at least land a ship on and stay. That's about all I can give you. I wish you good fortune on your hunt." Corbin gave Sahan a polite bow followed by a Mandalorian salute. Sahan returned the salute.

"Thank you for the information. I'm sure you're quite busy, so I'll be going now." With that, Sahan left and headed back toward his ship. Before too long, he was off and headed toward the inner part of the system to check a few moons for signs of his quarry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom