Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beast of Burden

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Link
Appearance: Link
Necklace: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Vera nodded in response to his explanation for mom's absence, and happily kicked her feet back and forth while he was preparing pancakes for them. She had really missed her father's pancakes... because they definitely weren't Valery's strength. She was good at cooking dinner and all sorts of food, but baking or making pancakes was not her strength at all. "Pancakes, yum! Mommy is not very good at them," she said with a devilish giggle.

But at the question that followed from her father, she remained quiet for a moment.

"It was very hard sometimes," she then admitted quietly. "I missed you, and leaving home and friends was hard too." She frowned, but only briefly as better memories quickly resurfaced. "But mommy comes home a lot and I made new friends. But now I'm really happy again! Because you're back."

Valery then entered the living room, dressed up and with her hair loose and wavy for once, and she was wearing a very familiar necklace. Not a new look, necessarily, but it had been a while since she had gone through so much effort. "Heyyy, good morning, sweetie," Valery stepped over and pressed a kiss against Vera's cheek before she sat down. "Daddy's pancakes, huh? Seems we're both lucky today." Vera of course believed her mom was just referring to pancakes, but the grin she flashed her husband showed a different side to that comment.

"Mhmm!" she hummed happily, "You look pretty, mommy!" she then added, which got Valery to smile. "You always do, and I had to put in a little extra effort now that daddy is back home."

"Daddy likes it," she said with a big nod, which got Valery to snort.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh? Valery wasn't the best at his pancakes?

He'd have to fix that up, then. At some point. Certainly no hurry to do so now. All he wanted to do was make as many pancakes as he possibly could for the both of them. Not that his smile lasted for too long. It dimmed as Vera spoke up, and all he could do was nod in understanding. At least she was able to make new friends. "I'm glad you're happy here. And that you've been able to find new friends."

His gaze shifted just before Valery came through the doorway, his smile back in force. He snickered just a little as he focused back on cooking, but it was Vera's last little comment that had him go into a full belly laugh.

"Yes, yes. But your mother has never needed to dress up for me. That certainly hasn't changed."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery picked up on his snickering after her comment and grinned a little to herself. Even after all this time, some things just weren't going to change, and she loved it. Of course, her sneaky comment wasn't nearly as funny as Vera chiming into the conversation, so while Valery snorted, Kahlil burst out in laughter, which in turn got Vera to giggle again too. If anything really made Vera happy, it would be moments like this.

Just her, mom, and dad all together at home.

"Awwe, daddy is trying to score points with mommy," Valery said playfully in response to him, and Vera giggled at the whole interaction. "But he's right. I just do it for fun and because he still likes it." She looked over at Kahlil, hoping to catch his gaze for just a second, so she could shoot him a quick wink and a very loving smile. When they met on New Cov, neither of them was exactly in good shape — she was still in her old, torn tunic, and completely drained from the experience, and he had gotten roughened up by some predators.

None of that had mattered.

Meanwhile, the smell of pancakes was reaching Vera, which got her to bounce excitedly in her chair. "Hmm! Are they ready yet?" she exclaimed.

"Almost sweetie, and once we finish them, why don't we make some birthday plans? Vera's is coming up soon, and I think a family day out could be fun."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't try, I do."

He smirked this time, returning Valery's wink with his own as he flipped the pancake one final time before starting to plate it all off. Piles of pancakes for the three of them, one each. Once they were set out and all the syrup in the world could be offered for them all. And whipped cream. Definitely whipped cream.

"Birthday plans, huh? Yeah. Absolutely. First one I've been around in a little bit, right? Have to make it super special."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Very Clever," Valery said with the biggest smile and even a slight blush coloring her cheeks. He had only just returned, so the tension she felt within herself because of her feelings for him were strong. It almost felt like meeting him all over again, but without the nervousness and uncertainty, and just the fun butterflies of spending time together. Vera's birthday was coming up, and that would be a big family moment, but she needed some time alone with him as well to express those emotions.

She wants to embrace that bond again.

"Mhmm, she's turning six, and that is a big number," Valery nodded at Vera, who seemed a little lost in devouring her pancakes at the moment. Nothing new. "She really loved that festival we went to with Amani and Alicio, so maybe another day out like that?" she looked at both Vera and Kahlil.

"Another idea I had was a trip to Keshi with the three of us."

Vera blinked and paused eating her pancakes for just a moment to look at mom and dad, "I wanna go!" she said without explaining where she wanted to go. All of it sounded fun to her, as long as she was there with both her parents. "Will Bee come, too?" she then asked.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Keshi, huh?" Valery's home world, technically. That actually brought an interesting thought to his mind. His gaze shifted to Vera, watching as she happily ate. As she seemed excited to go. His smile faded after a moment.

Right. Panatha.

"I'd like that. A lot. All of us together. And I want to teach you some things. Both of you, actually. About our people. The Epicanthix. I was planning to teach you before.. Y'know. But I'm back now. So, I want you to know our people, okay?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery seemed quite happy that Keshi seemed interesting to him. She had never visited it after she went with the Jedi, and while she had talked about it before, she never ended up going. To visit it with the two most important people in the Galaxy would be the absolute best.

But it seemed Kahlil had some extra plans for the trip, and both mother and daughter perked up at the idea. "I'd love to learn more about them, and maybe we can even visit one of the refugee sanctuaries they built for the Epicanthix," Valery offered. With the Bastion, they'd be able to bring along some supplies as well, so they'd be able to learn and help those people at the same time.

"What will you teach mommy and me, daddy?" Vera then asked, curious about what he had planned for the lesson. She wanted to know more about everything, but some things definitely excited the young Noble more than others. Valery just smiled at the question and turned to Kahlil — she was curious too.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Martial arts, mostly. The heart of an Epicanthix is the heart of a warrior. But unlike my father, I'll show you honor. Peace. That war is not everything." Which was as much for himself as it was for them. He smiled ever so faintly, his eyes glancing between them both. His wife. His daughter. His family. He didn't need to feel shame or anything from his past. Not with them.

"Asides, I want you to be able to defend yourself."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

The mention of martial arts sparked a fire in both Vera and Valery's eyes, practically at the same time. But while Valery kept herself calm and composed, Vera was bouncing up and down in her seat now. "That sounds fun!" she called out. Through her Jedi training, she was learning more about peace, balance, and the values of the Jedi... but she was also a kid and a Noble at that. So learning how to defend herself was the most fun thing for her.

That and working on her control of visions.

"I like the sound of that as well. It has also been too long since we sparred," Valery then added with a grin. "I could use a good workout with you, and no holding back~" She knew that she'd lose that with the way he could tap into their bond and read her, but she loved a challenge and would wipe the floor with his face if he even thought about holding back.

"Can I watch? Can I watch?!" Vera asked right before shoving another pancake into her mouth.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ohho. Like mother, like daughter I suppose." He snickered ever so faintly as they basically had the same reaction. Even as Valery tempered herself, he could feel her excitement anyway. A spar, though? No holding back? Kahlil just flashed a grin. A rare moment of excitement from him, no less. He was just as much looking forward to it as they seemed to be.

"You absolutely should watch, Little Star. Watching is just another way to learn, yeah?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery snickered at his words and reached across the table to place her hand over his. Her eyes then shifted up and she flashed him a bright smile that showed she was feeling true joy again in her life. He was the link she needed, and Vera seemed to be very thrilled about it all too.

"Mhmm! Mommy says she can't beat you, so I wanna see!" She offered a big nod. Vera wasn't too young to understand who her parents were, and as far as she was concerned, nobody could beat mom. Except for dad, apparently. It was just another reason why he was the most amazing person in the Galaxy to her.

"Heyy now, I can beat him..." Valery said with a smirk — a challenge for sure. "But daddy is very strong, and he knows me too well. I think you'll learn a lot from watching us, and we'll have you practice with us too." Now Valery almost seemed more excited than Vera. They could finally teach their daughter the things that Valery loved the most in her training.

"Okay!" Vera said excitedly before she went about finishing her plate of pancakes. Valery just watched her for a moment, smiled softly, and turned back to Kahlil. "Vera will soon have some Initiate trials as well, which she is very prepared for... but that also means we won't see her for a few days. I'd... like to plan something with the two of us."

"You know... because it has been so long."

Vera perked up and looked between her parents for a few seconds. She seemed to be realizing something, or perhaps she was just in deep thought. Either way, she remained unusually quiet, and just smiled a little.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I never fight to win, but.. I can make an excuse for you two." He smirked rather wide at that. Especially to Valery. She wanted to be challenged? Well, good thing he wanted to show off to Vera and show her just how strong her dad could be. He didn't each much himself, more watching the two nom away with a patient smile. Then blinked. The initiate trials? So soon?

No, it wasn't soon. He just wasn't around. He nodded slowly, glancing to Vera with a calmer expression.

"I'd like that. A date, then?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"I don't fight as a competition either," Valery quickly clarified, "...but you're the one exception, love~" Valery smirked just as wide as he did, and accepted the challenge. She also wanted to show off for her daughter, even though Vera already had seen her in action a few times. Most notably when she stepped in to stop a group of mercenaries from assassinating Vera. Paired with her mom occasionally making the holo, and she knew a lot.

But still, dad was a special kind of enemy.

Both Valery and Vera soon finished up their meals, and the conversation shifted briefly to a possible date. Valery looked at him with a sparkle in her eyes, and somehow brightened up even more when he accepted. "A date," Valery said with a nod, but before she could say anything else, Vera chimed in.

"Blegh..." she said, having noticed her mother's lovey-dovey eyes, or perhaps she had seen something more.

"Heyy, we need our moments too, sweetie."

Vera just stared at them, then seemed to freeze for a second or two, before she giggled. "Okay!"

Valery blinked and turned to Kahlil, a tad confused but still smiling. "Any ideas for where you'd like to go with our date?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm not sure. I never did spend much time on Coruscant if I could help it. You'll have to show me around town, mm?"

He chuckled just a little as he listened to the back and forth between Vera and Valery. Kahlil was all smiles at this point. How could he not be? Just seeing them again.. Dream come true. A dream he'd had for a long time, but never did think he'd see it again. Vera was at that age huh? Where romance was gross?

Yeah, he wasn't going to miss out on anything else. He stood up then, stretched his arms overhead.

"First, why don't you show me where we can get that spar. I could use the workout."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"I can show you around, but we can go off-world as well," Valery offered but either way, it was going to be a special time for her. Sure, they already kissed and had their brief intimacy, but that intense desire she felt inside was a burning fire that needed a lot more attention from him. Perhaps it is a bit selfish but he really is back, and while she had desperately hoped for it so many times, it was actually true this time, and not just her dreams and imagination blinding her to a harsh reality.

It was still so hard to believe, but there was no way she'd ever take this for granted again. Her family.

Kahlil then got up, and Valery looked between him and Vera with a smile as he made the offer to spar. Vera was quick to let out an excited squeal, and Valery already took off her jacket, "That sounds like a plan, but I am getting out of this dress then." She chuckled and quickly escaped into the bedroom to put on some simple training shorts, a tank top and she tied up her hair into a ponytail again. Her classic training look, but obviously slightly distracting on purpose.

After returning, she guided Kahlil and Vera to the room she had turned into a training room. There were mats on the floor and walls to cushion hard impacts and to make it more sound proof, and all of her equipment was neatly stored in the back. From training droids to long sticks and exotic weapons.

"Lightsabers or hand-to-hand, babe?" Valery then asked with a smug look.

"Fight! Go daddy! Go mommy!" Vera meanwhile called out from the sidelines. She was very excited.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Off world too? He raised a brow, but smiled all the same. Ah. Yeah. Maybe off world would be good for the two of them. A chance to connect. Reconnect? It's not like he felt unconnected, but the time away.. Yeah. He wanted that. For sure.

As Valery was changing Kahlil went about cleaning up, having a laugh with Vera here and there. At least until Valery came back. Lead them to the training room. He stretched his arms overhead, really stretched out.

"Your choice. Whichever you think is more challenging."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Are the joints not cooperating, babe?" Valery asked with a playful smirk when she watched him stretch again. It had likely been a while since he fought or sparred, so it made sense he needed to warm up, but at the same time... she knew how good he was at tapping into their bond. Being a little rusty was no problem when he knew exactly what she was planning to do. It was going to take trickery and perseverance as always.

"Let's do hand-to-hand, as a little teaser for your upcoming lesson." They also dueled many times before, so this seemed interesting to her and gave her a chance to show off a little for him.

Also important after such a long time.

Without wasting any more time, Valery closed the distance with elbows tucked in and hands guarding her head. She stood strong, and each step showed her confidence, strength, and the immense pool of experience she could draw from. But to start things off and give Vera an idea of some basic moves, she decided to start simple — she opened up with a few quick jabs, and a straight punch but after it connected with his block, she already felt that need to show off.

Using her flexibility, she raised her right foot off the mat and aimed a powerful high kick at the left side of his head. Both speed and strength were amplified by the Force, making it powerful enough to shatter bone, but she knew he could handle it.

"Woah!!" Vera exclaimed, seeing her mom and dad fight like that.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Just getting limber."

He let out a breath, then lowered his stance. It wasn't anything like before. His eyes were in utter focus, his hands up. One pointed for Valery, the other closer to his chest. Side facing as he let one leg take the forefront, toes pointed right for her. It was an uncharacteristically aggressive looking stance. Valery moved first, and Kahlil followed. Rather than block her strikes he moved through them, weaving between each until her leg came up and swung.

Kahlil had already moved. He closed in on her, right in her guard as he sent a fist right for her chin. With the same might, at that.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Despite the speed and strength in her kick, Valery had started off mostly slow, at least for their standards. So when Kahlil slipped into her guard with unusually aggressive tactics, there was nothing she could do anymore. Her eyes briefly widened, and the powerful fist connected with the underside of her chin, sending her stumbling back with a tremor of pain echoing in the room until she hit the ground and rolled back over onto her feet. Seeing this, Vera's jaw dropped and she wanted to yell for her mother, but Valery was already finding her balance again.

The look in her eyes that followed was nothing short of a proper death glare, and there was no holding back anymore.

"Okay, I see how it is, babe," Valery grinned and pressed forward again, this time taking into account his new tactics, and unlike before, she started to tap into their bond as well. She threw punches to measure distance and force him to move, whilst using her speed and nimbleness to weave and defend herself as well.

But after a few moments of going back and forth, she came in fast with a jab at the head that was meant to get him to move. Her follow-up, this time, was a powerful uppercut aimed for the gut from the side, so she could strike the liver or knock the wind out of him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

There was only a smile for the briefest of moments as he watched Valery recover. Gave her the chance to, at least. She wanted him not to hold back, but he couldn't help but show some leniency. For that brief moment, anyway. She came rushing back the moment her footing was caught, and he was ready. He didn't passively evade her strikes this time. With her tapping into the bond, he did the same.

Blow for blow, striking with lightning quick jabs. Not as fast as her, but with much more strength. Trading blocked blows one for one until she slipped past. He gritted his teeth as he saw the blow coming, knowing full well just how much it was going to hurt. But he wasn't going to just take the blow. He brought a fist down, not in the quick jab. A full hammering blow to try and catch her at the same moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom