Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beast of Burden

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Night Gown
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

If it wasn't for the fact that she had been up for so long, Valery probably would have never fallen asleep. Only one night ago, she had been going through yet another normal day and night, when her daughter had suddenly alerted her to something so hard to believe, that she still almost thought she was dreaming. Kahlil was alive, and she had actually managed to get him back from the Wellspring of Life. The deal she had made to make it happen still lingered in the back of her mind, but she felt no need to be overly concerned about her duties beyond death. Serving the Wellspring was something to be proud of in the afterlife. So now, she was going to enjoy life the way she should.

Very little of this actually crossed her mind in the morning though — she woke up, rolled out of bed, and with Vera still sleeping, Valery shuffled through the apartment on bare feet to get to the kitchen. She was still wearing her nightgown, her hair was loose and a little wild, and she was definitely a bit sleepy. The exhaustion was going to take some time to fade entirely, but a good breakfast would be-

Valery stopped and blinked, as she realized that someone was sleeping on the couch, and for just a few seconds, she felt embarrassed that she hadn't been thinking about that. Kahlil had apparently chosen to crash on the couch, instead of the guest room, and he was waking up...

"Good morning..." Valery said with a sheepish smile, as she increased the pace of her shuffling towards the kitchen to hide just a little bit.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil stared up at the ceiling from where he laid on the couch. Too many different thoughts weighed on his mind. What it meant for him to be back. What it meant for Vera, for Valery. For the others. What place did he still have in a galaxy he thought he was dead and gone from. Arms behind his head he just.. Stared. At nothing, at the different lines on the ceiling. Trying to at least calm his mind down so he could sleep.

Which, before he knew it, he did. Turned out the comfort of having a couch instead of the barren landscape he could shift into something similar to a bed was too much for his body not to pass out on.

It was movement that had him wake. His eyes shot open as Valery stepped into the doorway, turned to look directly at her. Focus. Intruder? .. No, wait. He blinked as his expression laxed and his gaze turned away. He was technically the intruder, right? Slowly he sat up, giving the ever normal calm smile.

"Ah, hey. Morning. You look.. Comfortable."

Oh. He blinked slowly as he realized she was hiding away. And how she was dressed. And the sheepish smile. He immediately looked away, scratching at his cheek.

"Oh. I uh. Sorry. The bed was uh, too soft."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Uh yea, very comfy..." she said with a slight blush on her cheeks, but having no reason to linger in the kitchen any longer, Valery decided to step away and back into the living room. Kahlil had turned his gaze away from her, likely because of how she had responded initially, but she didn't actually mind or feel uncomfortable. The two had a daughter together, and the only reason she responded the way she did was that she hadn't expected him there.

And, of course, because it had been a while.

"You look pretty comfy yourself," Valery added, now with a smirk and slight sparkle to her fiery eyes. The look he had likely gotten used to over their years together. She then looked him up and down for a moment and raised a hand up through her long hair, to fix it up a little and sweep it over and onto one shoulder only. It was still a messy look, but it didn't bother her.

"I hope you slept alright. Vera is still fast asleep, so we have a little time before breakfast. Unless you're starving or want some coffee?" She asked with a bright smile, and still somewhat rosy cheeks from standing together with him like this. Barely dressed, with a complete morning look, and in her own home.

How couldn't she look?

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked slowly, turning his gaze to watch Valery for a moment. Just watched. There was some recognition in his gaze, how his silver eyes found hers. Never strayed. Years is what Silas had said. He stood up, stepped over without a response. Looked down towards Valery with that other emotion still in his eyes. Hesitance. He'd never been one to hesitate before. He also hadn't been dead before. Or told her to move on.

He lowered his gaze, though paused as he caught the flash of metal on her hand. That had the hesitance leave. He reached up, took the hand in his, looked it over. And smiled.

"Still wearing it, huh?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery's eyes followed him as he got back up to his feet, and as he stepped closer, she was reminded again of just how much taller he was. It forced her to raise her chin to look him in the eyes, but despite some lingering hesitation between them both, she did not struggle at all to look into those familiar silver eyes. It brought a smile to her lips and helped ease some of the tension, but when she caught his gaze lowering, Valery's breath hitched.

He reached for her hand, his finger tracing over her much smaller ones, and he took note of the ring she was wearing. It deepened the rosy color on her cheek, and she had that loving smile tugging at her lips again.

"I am, and I see you are, too..." her voice trailed off, and even trembled a little as a rush of emotions made her feel very warm inside. Even after all this time, he was still wearing it. After telling her to move forward in life, and accept that he wouldn't ever be with her again. Valery looked him up into his eyes again, searching for a connection that she found instantly, and that familiar echo of emotions felt so strong through their special bond.

"I just... couldn't move on," she admitted, not with shame but just honesty. She had been able to move forward, and focus on Vera, friends, and even a new partner, but moving on entirely from him? It felt impossible. "I really missed you."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"It's alright, I'm just... really happy that you're back," she said with a loving smile. It wasn't just selfish either — she was also happy for him so that he could still watch his daughter grow up, and of course, she was very happy for Vera, who had felt so much brighter since he returned. For some reason, all miracles in her life seemed to happen around life day. From Kahlil's return to find her pregnant years ago, to now coming back after being believed to be dead.

It was... something else.

Kahlil then intertwined his fingers with hers to bring their rings together, and Valery looked up while she slowly inched even closer to him, and raised herself on her toes a little. There was some hesitation, and fear that he wanted a lot more time, but this moment had Valery slowly push herself forward, and...

"Am I getting a new sister?"

Vera looked at her two parents, who were standing awfully close together, and blinked once. She had snuck out of bed quietly after hearing them talk, and now she giggled before running back into her room. From the sound that followed, it seemed she went straight back into her bed to relax even more, and probably fall asleep all over again. Today was a lazy day for her.

"Heh..." Valery watched Vera run off with a nervous grin, before turning back to Kahlil to look him in the eyes, and shift back into the moment a little.

Kids...

Kahlil_Div2.png

He leaned down. No hesitation, just leaned down as he squeezed her hand. Leaned in to take something he should've the moment he saved her. Only he stopped. Just a moment before Vera came into the room. Kahlil blinked slowly before glancing to Valery with a brow raised waaay up. All he could do was chuckle once Vera stepped out of sight. Shook his head.

Never let go of her hand.

"Where'd she learn something like that, exactly?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

"I'd blame you but I think we both know she's got a little bit of me in her too..." It had definitely been some Noble genes to tease and giggle like that, and seeing her daughter do it was a proud momma moment for Valery, who smirked and looked back at Kahlil with a burning fire in her eyes. Even though their daughter had interrupted the moment, she hadn't lost the spark, and withdrew her hand, only so she could bring it up to cup his cheeks with both hands.

"But before we get interrupted again..."

Her thumbs gently passed through his beard, and with a soft smile, she leaned in closer, shut her eyes, and pressed her lips against his to start a gentle kiss and test the waters with him. It had been a long time since they held each other, let alone kissed or expressed their feelings in a setting that wasn't a near-death experience. Too long.

She really had missed him so much.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Her master's gonna have a hell of a time."

He snickered lightly, thought the laugh faded as he just leaned into her hands. They were warm. Comfortable. Familiar. He leaned down, not wanting to make Valery have to jump or anything. And just returned the kiss. Something simple, familiar, gentle. He cupped her cheek in turn, letting his thumb glide over her skin as he leaned back up.

".. I missed you, so much."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

His comment before the kiss got Valery to grin — this was only the beginning. She just hoped that Kahlil's more calm nature would be able to balance out her chaotic energy eventually. But it was very likely that her younger years as a Padawan were going to be a challenge for Iris or whoever else was going to be involved in her training.

Those thoughts were quickly set aside for now, as he leaned down and returned the kiss. It was sweet and gentle; a reminder of how it had been between them before that awful day in Imperial space. To experience it again after so long, and to feel his thumb brush over her skin made Valery shiver, and she looked up at him with joyful tears in her eyes.

".. I missed you, so much."

She could feel her lips trembling because of what he said. It wasn't surprising, given how close they always were, but hearing him say it sparked a hurricane of emotions inside of her that she couldn't control anymore. "I missed you too, so so much," Valery said before she pushed herself up for another kiss, this one longer and more passionate than the first, now that the ice had broken. His touch, his presence, and the way he looked into her eyes were familiar, and she couldn't let go of that feeling.

"Why... don't you stay a little while longer?" she then asked with her heart pounding in her chest, as she remained close to him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Familiar, safe, warm. Kahlil didn't bother leaning back down, instead letting his hands fall to just lift Valery up from the ground. Bring her eye level in their kiss. He'd missed her. He couldn't bring himself to close his eyes, even as he was tempted to loose himself into the passion the second kiss brought. He wanted to see her. Not as a memory, not as a vision. With his own eyes.

He nodded once. He'd stay, for sure. Though he chuckled as he let his forehead rest against hers.

"I do owe Vera breakfast. I can put off looking for an apartment for a while, I think." There was a subtle tug at the corner of his lips, making it all too clear just how much he was teasing her. It seemed years of isolation ruined his pokerface. Somewhat, anyway.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery's cheeks blushed a brighter red again when his hands slipped down to lift her off the ground. It brought a smirk to her lips, and to keep herself steady in their second kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck. The kiss lasted... she didn't even know how long, but when her eyes briefly opened during it, she noticed that his own eyes had already been open, and he was looking at her. She met his gaze and felt another shiver traveling down her spine.

She had missed this so much, and it was so difficult not to get completely lost in the moment.

"Even after all this time, you still tease poor little me," Valery fake pouted and kept her forehead gently pressed against his. She then chuckled and pulled back a little, her hands tracing over his back until they settled on his shoulders. "You want to go wake her up and make some breakfast, then?" Valery asked while she looked him in the eyes and gently caressed his cheek with her hand. It took a lot of self-control not to just lean in for another kiss, but a third and she'd never be able to stop.

It was already so difficult.

"Or do you want to let her sleep a little while longer?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

".. I think we should probably wake her up, if she's not still awake anyway. Less we get too lost in this." Any more and there wouldn't be stopping. And he promised Vera breakfast. There was a hunger in his gaze born from years of recluse. Ignited by her kiss. He reached up as she stepped back, holding her cheek. Brushing a thumb over her lips.

"Should really go and make breakfast."

He made no attempt to.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

With his strong hand gently settling against her cheek and the thumb brushing over her lip, Valery's breath hitched, her fiery eyes began to burn brighter, and she gave him an I know you type of look. It was the responsible thing to wake Vera up and make her breakfast, but neither of them could get themselves to do it. A part of her also wondered if it was really what Vera wanted — their little star was a lot more clever than most could imagine, and her parents coming together like this made her really happy.

"You should," Valery finally said, but with a playful grin. "But I think she won't mind waiting a little longer..." her voice trailed off, and she caved in. Her arms shifted back up around his neck, and this time she pushed herself off the ground to lock her legs around his waist. "Momma also needs some attention~" She immediately searched for yet another kiss, one more passionate and lust-driven than the two before had been.

After it broke to allow them a chance to breathe, she pulled him back in for another, and another...

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil watched for all of a second as she pulled herself up. There was no words he could think of right now. Instead he caught her as she pulled up, eagerly returned the kiss, and brought her right to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~

He let out a sigh as he fixed his shirt. Chuckled as he glanced towards Valery. Just smiled.

".. Probably shouldn't bother with an apartment at all, huh?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Tag:

Somehow, Valery's face had gotten even brighter red, likely from exhaustion, and her hair was messier too. She adjusted the nightgown and let out a few breaths before glancing up at him with a smirk. It had been far too long since they were intimate together, and this was only the beginning. Vera was still in her room, after all.

"Mhmm, and no couch sleeping anymore either," Valery added with a waggle of her eyebrows. But the thought of living with him again and bringing back the family did remind her of one other thing she needed to address. "I will also have to talk to Aldric and make sure it's handled properly. He has been good for me while you were... yeah, so I don't want to just disappear on him without a word or explanation." It was not going to be an easy conversation, but she hoped that he'd understand.

"But for now..." she stepped closer, her fingers slipping into his shirt to stop him from buttoning up further for just a second, allowing her to take a good look at him "Let's enjoy the time together. I'm going to get dressed and if you can get Vera up for breakfast, we'll have it with the family."

---
Of course, Vera was already awake, but innocently unaware of what had happened between her parents. All she knew is they had opened their feelings for each other again, and that's all she cared about. Mom and dad, and her, the way it used to be, and the way she wanted it to be again.

"Good morning!" She called out after her father finally did enter the room, and she was already dressed and ready for that breakfast he promised her.

Kahlil_Div2.png

No couch. Right. His smile did falter for a moment at the name, though. So she had tried to move on. Aldric. He did at least understand. Kahlil just nodded. He wouldn't pressure her to do anything she didn't want to.

Especially something like this. It was her choice on how to do.. He wasn't too sure what she was going to do, but it was up to her. He smiled again as she stepped over. Nodded. Leaned down to steal another kiss before stepping away.

"That sounds like a plan, Valery."

He stepped away then, finishing buttoning up his shirt before opening the door to a still awake Vera. Who thankfully didn't seem to notice anything. The relief was obvious as he nodded.

"Morning, little star. Lets get you some food, yeah?"

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Link
Tag:

"Alright, I'll see you in a moment," she said with a warm smile after he stole another kiss. Valery then headed for the bedroom and bathroom, so she could go through the lengthy process of getting changed and ready for a simpler day. She already knew exactly what she wanted to wear, and it also meant a good bit of effort for her hair.

Especially after it got even messier because of a certain someone~

Meanwhile, Kahlil entered Vera's room and offered to get some food. "Mkay!" She grinned, hopped off the bed, and rushed over to the kitchen, where she sat down and watched while Kahlil began to prepare some breakfast. It had been a long time since Vera was able to see her father like this, so her eyes never left him for even a second.

"I'm happy that you're staying with us, daddy," Vera then said — she had already seen that he would. "It makes mommy smile again, too." With a few exceptions, Valery had barely been smiling and rarely seemed genuinely happy, so Vera noticed the change immediately.

"Hmm... where is mommy?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"She's getting dressed, I imagine." Fixed up really, but he wasn't going to tell that to Vera. A soft smile formed as he glanced to his little girl. How excited she was to see him back. For him to cook. He'd put his all into Breakfast for sure. Which he made. Pancakes. It'd been so long since he last actually made them, and yet it was like he'd never stopped. Muscle memory was a surprising thing sometimes.

Even now.

".. I'm glad she's happy. But, what about you? How have you been while I was away, little star?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom