Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bazaar of the Four Winds

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya relished the warmth of their connection; as Aris gently squeezed her hand, a soft rush of contentment filled her, transforming the orange citrine hues into a serene turquoise, accentuating her gentle smile. Yet, her expression faltered when she noticed Aris studying their hands, his demeanor thoughtful and introspective. Did he not want to share their contact information? Or maybe he was reconsidering holding hands? Uncertainty flickered in yellow notes over her rosy gold skin.

She was going to ask if everything was okay, but her worries dissipated when Aris expressed his interest in becoming holo pals and having her visit. Relief flooded her features, and she radiated joy, her face and arms aglow with vibrant teal hues. With an excited squeeze of his warm hand, Zaiya's enthusiasm bubbled over.

"You think so?" Zaiya's eyes lit up with interest, her head tilting eagerly at the thought of meeting Aris's friends. The prospect of making more connections, especially with others who could wield the Force, filled her with anticipation. How did they use the Force? Were their abilities similar to Aris's, or were they different? Questions swirled in her mind.

"I'd love to meet them!" Zaiya beamed, her excitement infectious as she rocked her shoulders in a happy shimmy.

Nothing their hands and how she kept holding him, a sheepish expression came over her face, "Sorry...I know I tend to forget people want their personal space. If you don't want to hold hands anymore, it is okay," she offered, but her expression relayed she hoped it wasn't the case, but she would respect whatever he decided. It just felt so nice to be able to touch someone again, and the more she held Aris's hand, the more she seemed to resonate with him. It was faint, but there. Was it because of the Force Aris said was inside him as well?

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"They tend to like people, from what I've seen. They're better at talking." Especially better than him, now that he thought about it. Communication was by far one of his weakest points. As was understanding intents and such. Like right now. Again he looked down to their hands, humming in thought on just what she was worried about with it. He wasn't used to it, sure, but was there more to it than he'd assumed?

"I think you've been connecting, somewhat. Does physical contact help with that normally?" He didn't say yes or no with actually letting go, but he also didn't pull his hands away. Now he was more curious on just what she could do now, without training. She certainly seemed to have some affinity beyond the average.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Oh! Umm... yes, and no. Touch, time, and our physiology," Zaiya began, flushing a little bit in embarrassment, pink tinting her mottled spots over her face. The notion that physical contact assists with connecting and creating social bonds wasn't far off -- for Lovalla under normal circumstances.

This was not normal, which is why it was so surprising.

"Touch is a big part of building our social bonds. Holding hands, grooming --like if I ran my fingers through your hair -- really whatever can be done to spend time with one another." As she spoke, Zaiya directed her attention to their hands. She relaxed her fingers against his, spreading them wide over Aris's warm palm, and then began to playfully connect each pad of her fingers with one of his own. Curiosity lightly flared over her mottled spots in subtle amber hues, the faint resonance she felt from Aris. Or was that her own? This was such a curious, weird thing.

"That time spent allows us to sense each other's presence and feel connected when combined with seeing our color cues."

Zaiya observed their hands as she placed her palm against his, each finger finding its place against his own. She shot Aris another half-smile and playfully fanned her fingers against his until they settled against his again. The soft, delighted joy she felt at the touch would resonate ever so subtly, like the gentle vibrations of a spider's web, followed by a sense of contentment that had an ombre of teals and turquoise dance over her skin.

"It is practice for when we are adults. By then, that's when our physiology comes into play, hormones and all, "she blushed a bit explaining but continued anyway since he had asked, "And the bond becomes more intense with our mate so that an empathic bond is formed, allowing us to sense the emotional state of our partner over short distances." There was more to it, but she didn't want to bore Aris with the details. It was not something she had to worry about for a few years anyway.

"That's why I was surprised when I held your Kyber crystal and felt what it felt for you. I normally wouldn't be able to do that with a crystal, let alone someone else who wasn't my family and a Lovalla. It makes me wonder if perhaps it is the Force you mentioned that connects everyone that is allowing this."
qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris was very, very quiet. His gaze was focused on their hands now, his head tilted to the side. Her people were much closer than his own were. Culture, species, there were many differences that were starting to get clearer and clearer. He paused her hands by just gently curling his fingers around hers as he smiled ever so faintly. "Epicanthix do not share bonds like that, so the only logical conclusion is that it is indeed the Force. .. This is a lot of insight into your people. They sound beautiful. Epicanthix themselves have their own way of connecting with others, though I'm not sure it's something we should do ourselves."

It would be rather unfair for them to fight. Still, he squeezed her hands again.

"I don't fully understand everything you're saying, but it sounds like finding someone to form that kind of bond with is very important to your species. I hope you can one day. And that perhaps the Force will help."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
A rush of giddiness flooded through Zaiya as Aris smiled again and intertwined his fingers with hers, squeezing her hand again. A tangible comfort. It was nice to be able to do this again, to connect with someone. To find a new friend.

Today is totally the best of days, Zaiya mused, beaming an abashed smile in his direction.

"Thank you... I'm glad you think so," Her heart fluttered as Aris expressed his admiration for her people, not just for their color-changing abilities but for their close-knit bonds. To have someone appreciate that aspect of her kind, of herself, felt incredibly validating. The teal hues of her markings brightened, illuminated by a golden bioluminescence that reflected her heightened pleasure.

"I hope so," Zaiya confessed, feeling the warmth of Aris's hand permeate against hers as their fingers curled together. "That's why I want to learn more about this Force," she added, her voice carrying a hint of longing. Maybe then, I wouldn't feel so alone anymore.

Her iridescent blue eyes fixed on Aris's face, filled with a newfound curiosity. She felt emboldened to inquire about his family and the ways of the Epicanthix and wanted to learn more.

"In what ways do the Epicanthix connect with others?" she asked, her voice tinged with eagerness. "I'd like to hear more about them, if that's okay."

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

It was surprising to see just how much she could brighten. Surprising, and endearing. By now the calm, content smile he normally wore was long gone, replaced by one of admiration and actual joy. In part it was her own shifting his emotions to a point where he could truly express them. The only difference between him being made to feel something and this, though, was the fact he was aware that these were, in fact, his emotions. Heightened by hers, yes, but very much his own.

He couldn't shine like she did, but she could feel it clear as day. He did chuckle, though.

"Sparring. The Epicanthix are a warrior culture. We fight. Sometimes to settle disputes, sometimes to prove ourselves, sometimes to bond. Sometimes just to defend ourselves. But every family has their own take on the fighting style of our people. Usually it's born from refinement over the years or a focus on a specific aspect, but some other families also incorporate that of their spouses, their peoples. Many Epicanthix are simply other species and cultures who's beauty and honor have captivated the hearts of those born on Panath- .. Of the Epicanthix, I suppose."

Right. Panatha was gone. He didn't dwell on that, instead shaking his head with another laugh.

"You can tell a lot about someone by how they carry themselves and how they fight. This way is much more peaceful, though." This way being even just hand holding. He paused for a moment, once again glancing to their hands before he intertwined their fingers again. It was fascinating how much of a bond she could form just a simple touch like this. He blinked after a second before looking right back up at her. Sudden and serious eye contact at that. He'd picked up on something, which equally surprised him that he had, and suddenly had him determined.

"We are friends now. I don't know if I can really do any of what your people need, but I won't let you feel alone."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
When Aris mentioned his culture's warrior background, intrigue sparked in Zaiya's eyes. It was a stark contrast to Lovalla, who preferred nonviolent resolutions unless their loved ones were threatened. The differences in their physical traits and approach to bonding with each other fascinated her.

Then Aris laughed again, his silvery hair somehow defying getting into his eyes when he shook his head. She chuckled as well, delighted to observe that he had a nice laugh. This was more so because this was truly Aris's joy he was projecting. It revealed a different side to him beyond his initial reserve, and she felt privileged to witness it.

Yet Aris's expression turned serious before she could ask her questions regarding learning more about another with fighting. His green eyes leveled with hers. Was everything oka--

That's when Aris said that he considered her a friend, and while he might not be able to do exactly what a Lovalla needs, he was determined not to let her feel alone—and he meant it. She could feel it -- and Zaiya believed him. She wasn't sure how he knew about not wanting to be alone anymore - perhaps the force again? Were they truly connecting that he was able to feel what she left unsaid? Zaiya wasn't sure, but ultimately, hearing that meant everything to her.

Unable to find the right words, Zaiya softened her expression, conveying her gratitude and trust through her eyes and the subtle shift in her aura. Her skin glowed with a pearly luminescence, and her markings danced with hues of teal and gold, radiating happiness and gratefulness.

Finally finding her voice, Zaiya admitted, "That would mean a lot to me. I am grateful that you consider us friends now. I was hoping you would." Her tone was earnest as she gently squeezed their interlocked fingers, emphasizing her sincerity. She took a couple of moments to float in those emotions before she took a deep breath. Another warm smile, and then she asked what she had originally intended regarding more of his culture.

"So just what can you tell about another when you fight with them? How does that work?" those were the first questions regarding what one can learn from their opponent from how they fight. The other was more personal in nature, "And what's your family's specific fighting style?"

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

He watched her colors, her expressions, for a moment longer. For the first time, however, he didn't need to ask to know what someone was feeling. Even without their bond, without her colors, he just understood the expression she made. And he smiled. He squeezed her hands in return, tighter this time. He didn't say anything further. They were friends now. And in his mind, that meant they always would be.

"Like how a person carries themselves, more or less. Someone who chooses to wait and watch is someone who is patient. Someone who jumps right in and throws the first punch might be impulsive, or sure of themselves. There is a lot you can see in a fight by how they fight." He paused though, watching her. Chewed his cheek. There was a hesitation in sharing with her second question.

"It is.. A very old line, would be the best way to explain it."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya sensed Aris's hesitation in responding to her second question. In an attempt to ease any discomfort he might be feeling, she gently swayed their intertwined hands from side to side and offered him a reassuring smile. "It's okay; you don't have to tell me about your family's fighting style if you're not comfortable."

Despite her saying that, Zaiya's curiosity remained piqued. A very old line? Was their fighting style ancient, passed down through generations? It was something to ponder.

Nevertheless, she was still eager to explore the initial topic further. "Hmm... wouldn't how someone acts in a fight be directly correlated to how they were trained?" she mused aloud. "Like, if a fighting style was more aggressive or focused more on defense, then wouldn't that be what you are studying rather than the person? How would you know the difference?"

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"I'm not sure if I'm allowed to, is all." The royal line wasn't something that was supposed to be openly shared, right? He hadn't thought about it much at all before, but now that he was faced with the option to explain, he found himself wishing he had asked. He certainly wanted to talk to her about it. It was one of the biggest parts of him and how he was able to connect with the rest of the Nobles.

"Yes, and no. All our fighting styles are derivative of the first. You can tell a lot about a lineage by how it differs. And a fighter themselves will naturally put their own spin on it. Two people from the same family might have the same basics, but their choice for engagement can be drastically different."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Oh, okay," Zaiya nodded understandingly, thinking that it made sense that if Aris wasn't sure if he could share it then he wouldn't. It told her a lot about his nature, that he would be sure to keep things to himself if he wasn't supposed to share it. Her smile softened, and a sense of tranquility washed over her, casting a gentle turquoise hue over her skin. "Mmm, that makes sense then regarding the person putting in their own spin to the style. Personality would contribute to it then."

She gave a small laugh, her eyes twinkling amusingly in self-reflection as she looked at him. "I bet I'd be the sort to wait and watch."

As Zaiya released their intertwined fingers, she didn't withdraw but instead took Aris's hand in hers, gently turning it over to examine his palm. She noticed a few calluses, piquing her curiosity with bright amber swatches brightening her mottled spots. With her other hand, she delicately traced the lines of his palm with the pads of her fingers, a ticklish sensation that maintained the desired contact.

"You can also tell a lot about a person by their hands," she observed thoughtfully, flickering up to meet Aris's green eyes as her fingers followed the contours of his palm. She recognized the signs of constant practice with his saber. "You must train a lot with them."

qXrM5Mv.png

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Wait and watch, was it? Aris tilted his head in thought. And surprise, really. She'd been very against fighting from what he was able to gleam from her, but the idea that, because it was important to him, she was thinking about it with a smile on her face? It brought him a much warmer smile that he hadn't expected to wash over him. It was simply the fact that she was so willing to accept a part of him that made him overjoyed.

And possibly more aware than he had been. He blinked slowly, glancing down to where she traced over his palms. Despite his age, his hands were well worn with use. She could really tell all that just by touch, though?

"I do, yes. I am very strong."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

At the sight of his surprised expression, Zaiya couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle of amusement, her skin adorned with a lovely delicate ripple of pale blue, as if her very essence reveled in the delightful connection she felt with him. It was akin to the gentle flutter of butterfly wings, gradually growing stronger, but still subtle. The first stirrings of discovery. Perhaps with further practice and training, she could refine this newfound ability. It intrigued her how she hadn't experienced it before. Was it exclusive to those attuned to the Force?

"Why the surprise?" she queried, her head canting in a mirror of his motion, flashing a grin at him, her fingertips playfully tickling his palm as she spoke. This was the second time Aris mentioned he was strong. It made her wonder how much. She'd seen him move so fast within the blink of an eye, but not really in terms of strength. Did his training directly correlate with how strong he was?

"And is your strength because you are training a lot or is it just a natural ability because you are an Epicanthix?"
qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"No it's.. I guess it's my connection to the Force. I can't do anything like you are now, or like many others can do. But everything of mine is.. Heightened. Smell, sight, hearing, touch. Strength. .. It can be scary, to some, I guess." His expression faltered just for a moment. The expression on Braze Braze 's face when he caught a lightsaber with his bare hand. It was scary, in hindsight. In context.

But for Aris, it was just something normal that he could do. The more time he spent around others though, the clearer it was on how truly different he was from the normality of his peers. It was.. An odd feeling.

"A lot of my training is honestly to make sure I don't use too much strength."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

As the conversation unfolded, it became increasingly apparent that Aris harbored concerns about his abilities and the potential unintended consequences they might entail. Zaiya, sensing his unease, ceased her idle doodling on his palm and instead intertwined her fingers with his, offering a reassuring gesture. She didn't want him to feel burdened by his gifts; they were admirable qualities that he possessed.

"Not everyone possesses the same strengths, Aris," Zaiya remarked, drawing from her own experiences.

"For instance, my interests and strengths lie in anything with cybernetics and high technology, while anything physical isn't my strong suit. Lovalla physiology, you know? I imagine it may be the same way with the Force, but then again, I only just discovered it was a thing today," she added with a shrug, attempting a small joke to try and lighten the mood. Not that she didn't think it was a serious topic for Aris, but because she wanted him to see that it was okay. That he didn't have to be scared of what he could do.

That it could be tempered.

"From what you've described, you excel in utilizing your own body, and your training only serves to enhance those skills." She continued, emphasizing the importance of recognizing and nurturing one's inherent abilities.

"I may not know just how strong you are compared to me, but I can appreciate it," she stated emphatically, her hair brushing against her cheeks as she nodded. "Especially when you helped me catch the pickpocket earlier and allowed me to retrieve my mother's purse."

"The fact that you're taking steps to prevent any unintended harm speaks volumes,"
she remarked, her markings displaying a ripple of determination as dark orange hues then flashed a brief glow of blue. "I count that as a win. It would be different if you weren't aware of what harm you could do unintentionally."

With a gentle squeeze of his hand, Zaiya urged Aris to embrace his strengths with confidence. "So be proud of the progress you've made and the strides you're taking to make sure that you and others stay safe," she affirmed, her smile genuine and bright.

"And who knows... I don't know how the Force works, but maybe, the more we hang out, the more it might help you out in noticing things like I do?" Zaiya's iridescent eyes twinkled, and then she gave a sheepish laugh, flushing pink a bit in abashed humor, pale blue swatches waterfalling over her face and down her arm.

"O-or that can just be my blatant attempt to ensure I can hang out with you more so I can do more of this with you," she said, bringing their interlocked hands up and giving them a little playful sway. It was clear she was enjoying the physical contact like a Lothcat wanting attention, but she didn't want to make Aris uncomfortable.

"If you don't mind, that is."
qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris smiled softly as Zaiya began to speak. She was right, of course. And the empathy through the bond that had been created by her was fully felt. But even Aris couldn't fully keep up as she continued. He blinked rapidly as she rambled, but his smile only grew. Eventually brought up a hand as she turned to a more embarrassed color, just to press one of his fingers to his lips without letting her hand go in the process. Just to get her to pause, even for a moment.

"Just ask, and I'll swing by. My sister's been harping on me to learn how to fly so maybe I should get on that sooner than later so I can more freely visit you. Whether you're a Jedi or not, I still will."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
As Aris raised a finger to his smiling lips, Zaiya felt a rush of embarrassment wash over her, her markings flushing a vibrant coral pink. She understood what he meant, to get her to pause her speel.

Oh, stars above, did I just blurt all that out? She chided herself inwardly, feeling a tad foolish for her enthusiastic outpouring. It was clear she had let her eagerness to connect with Aris and try to help him work thing through got the better of her.

"Umm... Yeah, sure. That sounds like a plan," she replied, flashing him a sheepish smile before averting her gaze, suddenly feeling self-conscious about her earlier burst of enthusiasm.

"Sorry about that... I tend to ramble when I'm excited or trying to troubleshoot an issue," she admitted, flexing her fingers against his before intertwining them once more. "I guess I just got a little carried away."

Feeling a bit flustered, Zaiya shifted the conversation, hoping to steer it away from her momentary lapse in composure. "Oh... Do you think they'd let you fly a ship by yourself if you do?" she inquired, bright orange swirls coloring her skin again in her curiosity about Aris's level of independence.

qXrM5Mv.png

[/QUOTE]

xiqfVVX.png

"I'm not bothered by it. I just wanted you to know that I don't mind."

In truth he wasn't actually bothered. Which surprised him the most, given how quiet he usually was. The introvert that he was. Social events often drained him of any enjoyment, especially among numerous people, but right now he was just happy to be talking to her. No, understanding her. Maybe that was the real problem for him; he wasn't an introvert, he just didn't like not understanding things.

With that revelation in the back of his mind he nodded his head.

"I'd be able to, yes. I'm currently building my own speeder back home from parts I've been scavenging, and I am allowed to drive that. My sister can already fly our dad's freighter alone. Once I get a handle on flying, I'll be able to. .. It's just a matter of getting a handle on it, heh."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The relief on her expression was evident, even without the color-shifting hues that would slowly start to make sense to Aris what each color combination tentatively meant.

"I'm glad," she replied, only to perk at the mention of Aris building his own speeder from salvaged parts. Her eyes brightened, and she leaned closer. She hadn't been kidding that anything with technology drew her interest. And while building a speeder from salvaged parts may not be high technology or cybernetics, just building something and getting it to work was interesting.

"Oh, really?! Whoa, that's neat. How far along are you with the build? Are you thinking of adding any advanced systems to it?" Her mind was already wandering toward what neat aftermarket parts and frills could be added to it.

"Wait... did you want it to be a ground speeder or an airspeeder?"

qXrM5Mv.png

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

"Ground speeder. Flying isn't really easy." At least not to him. Once the vertical controls were introduced it got a little too complicated for him, but he'd get there. He knew that much at least. "Right now it's a lot of just getting the basics into place. I don't plan on doing anything too crazy with advance systems for the first I build on my own. It all scavenged parts, so I don't think I'll find anything too special."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom