Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bazaar of the Four Winds

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Blocked?" That was a curious way to put it. Amber shimmers would ripple over her skin in contemplation. Did it have to do with his physique, or was it mental? There were lots of questions regarding it, but she didn't want to make Aris feel bad about it.

Instead, Zaiya decided to focus on the whole, trying to do things with the Force, "Does one have to do anything in particular to make yourself stronger?" That would be a nifty thing to do, especially since Zaiya was already physically weak to begin with.

"Like read books on how to do it and such?" Zaiya was still approaching it from the viewpoint of an academic student, having to study and memorize subjects to be able to apply them in real life.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Blocked. I'm not sure how else to explain it."

That was the most difficult part of it. He didn't understand it, and because he didn't he wasn't sure what else to say. Instead he smiled a bit and glanced to Zaiya. "I imagine there's a couple different things you can do to get stronger. Books have theories that you can put into practice, there's other physical things you can probably do like working out." He paused for a moment before glancing towards her with a brow raised.

"Why? Are you looking to get stronger?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Aris’s smile caused Zaiya to broaden her grin, but it was the perk of his brow that made her iridescent blue eyes twinkle in mirth and light blue hues to dance over the markings of her cheeks and shoulders.

“Well I’m not really screaming body builder material,”
she chuckled out, feeling more comfortable talking to Aris. It was nice to be able to talk to someone so freely without it having to be a professor.

“But maybe strong enough to make sure someone doesn’t try to make of with my mother’s satchel again.”
Her gaze fell to his lightsaber now that he finished putting it back together. She’ll have to ask him more about it later.

“Or make sure I don’t get tossed around by a good brisk wind,” she joked, meeting his gaze again with a chuckle.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"I could likely toss you, but not with a brisk breeze. You don't seem that light." Aris tilted his head and brought his hand to his chin to actually think that over. How much did she weigh? Was it actually a worry for her that she could be tossed around with ease? Perhaps it was her species, and she was actually a lot lighter than she looked. There were all sorts of reasons going through his head for her worry.

But he still believed that she didn't need to be that worried.

"There are other things I imagine you'd be able to learn to defend yourself anyway. The Force can do quite a bit."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Haha, what, can you actually just toss me far? Like a ball?" The thought of Aris tossing her like a ball made her laugh, shoulders shaking, and a small medley of teal blue of amusement once again rippled over her rosy golden skin.

"I'm not as strong or robust as others. My kind aren't the best at anything that requires great physical ability. Only when a mate is in danger but even then... that doesn't mean we can survive it." Zaiya explained but then hesitated. There was another reason she didn't dive into, her vibrant hues fading into somber shades of dark grey, tinged with melancholy at the thought of her parents.

The devastation wrought by orbital bombardment on Commenor had claimed their lives as they were buried under rubble, the hellish experience leaving her with a deep-rooted fear of confined spaces and being buried alive. It had been a week before they found her in the shelter of her nest under the rubble. By then, Zaiya lost her voice with all her crying and, worst of all, had felt the loss of connection the moment her parents passed, dulling her colors and leaving her feeling utterly alone.

"So anything that can help with that to protect myself would be great," Zaiya said, trying to smile again. The dark greys lightened slowly back to their normal cerulean hues.

"What other things do you suggest then that would work with the Force to defend myself?"
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

That wasn't a color Aris had expected to see. He blinked in surprise. Found himself unsure on what to say or do. It was clear that she was talking about a personal loss of some kind, but what he wasn't sure. He wasn't even sure how to ask, or even if he should. They'd only just met, right? Was he supposed to ask her more? Did he have a right to ask more of her?

She ended up changing the subject some, and he smiled just a little as he nodded. Better to focus on the next step, then. He wouldn't argue against that. "I know people who can turn invisible. Others can control the elements like fire and water. My sister can create barriers from runes to protect people. There's even healing. There's a lot more, on top of that, that I don't even know."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Hearing just a small list of what could be done with the Force just seemed so surreal. Like something out of a holoshow or fantasies. Zaiya’s eyes went wide and the vibrant orange hues mixed with light blue flecks made her expression light up with bewildered wonder.

“If I hadn’t seen Seszil fly or what you can do with heating up your hand, I’d have thought you were making up stories.” Zaiya admitted, brightening again. The topic was cheering her up. “Great stories, but tales none the less.”

At the subject of a sibling however, Zaiya perked, lifting her chin from her palm and asking with interest. “Oh! You have a sister?”

There was a ripple of green over her skin in mild jealousy. Lovalla very, very, rarely ever have more than one child. The concept of a sibling was so foreign but awesome at the same time. Especially when he mentioned runes that can protect people.

“Tell me more about her! And oh, how can runes protect people?”
Oh she was subtly glowing again, radiating citrine hues of avid curiousity as she leaned forward on the modification table towards him again, not wanting to miss a word.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"I have four sisters and two brothers, actually."

It was a good number, now that he thought about it. Though only Vera and Colette were actually older. He didn't think about explaining further though, instead focused more on the rune side of it. He understood those better, actually, simply because of how he was told they were used. "Runes are like codes. You can use them to make the Force act in a certain way to get the result you want. The barrier would be like a shield generator, but the runes are the device and the Force is the energy supply."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Four sisters and two brothers?!” A look of incredulity flooded Zaiya’s expression, brows arching high in bewildered surprise. The concept of having such a huge family simply overwhelming her, a medley of ombré orange hues resonating her wonderment.

“Wow… that’s… so many. Your parents must be very lucky. “ that is what Lovalla considered as luck for any mated pair to manage to birth two children with how hard it was to get pregnant to begin with.

Yet it was the thought of being able to use codes through the force to make a barrier for protection that equally thrilled her. Once again giving off soft luminescence, Zaiya eagerly asked, “ Is it hard to learn that rune for the barrier? How long does it keep it active? Can it keep anything out? Oh! Is it able to move around too?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"They do say they're very fortunate." Triplets were a rarity for certain, and they were always very happy about having children. No that he understood what Zaiya meant by what she said. Epicanthix seemed to always have a lot of children. And a lot of wives and husbands. His parents were certainly the abnormality among the species. Though, he shrugged at her questions.

"I don't have an answer on those, unfortunately. They're not something I can do myself."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

“Oh okay… so that would be something someone else in the Order would know more of? Or can I search for that on the holo net?”Zaiya’s hues dampened slightly in disappointment, but she perked right back up again when she realized she could just ask him more about his lightsaber now.

“May I also study your lightsaber more closely?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The emitter?” Zaiya asked for clarification, already bouncing lightly in excitement on her feet as she carefully took the saber hilt in her hand. It was unlike anything she’d ever seen before. Certainly nothing like the droids or prototype cybernetics she’d seen at the university. Bright blues and a faint aqua glow radiating from her in pleasure.

Is there a reason why you have a wood handle here?” She asked curious as her fingers ran over the fine grain.

As for the runes and who to talk to regarding them. Zaiya mused on how to go about it. Not like she could ask Aris if she could come visit and chat up his sister or father and go - Hi! I just met you, and this is crazy but can you tell me all about these runes and the Force?

I don’t want to scare Aris off so fast… he’d think that I’m odd,
Zaiya mused, doing her best to hold her tongue, but by the swirl of kaleidoscopic colors and her expression, it was clear she was holding back on asking something.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Where the blade extends from."

He motioned to the tip, looking slightly nervous now. Just a little. He did want her to be safe and unharmed, especially from his own lightsaber. Though his expression softened a she mentioned the wooden accent of the blade. "It was my mother's, originally. It had been lost, but I happened to find it with her, and she let me have it. I changed it some to suit myself, but I wanted to keep the wood part that she'd originally made it from."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
As Zaiya absorbed the explanation, her broad grin softened into a gentle smile and over her delicate features, the vibrant hues of her cheeks taking on a serene turquoise and light blue shimmer of delight.

"That's beautiful. I like that. It's like carrying a piece of her wherever you go," she remarked, her iridescent blue eyes meeting Aris's green gaze with a warmth that mirrored her words. It was the same reason she carried her mothers satchel with her.

With newfound awareness of the blade emitter's potential danger, Zaiya adjusted her grip on the weapon, ensuring the emitter faced away from them both.

"Safety first," she murmured, a hint of caution underlying her tone. Bringing it closer to inspect the blade handle, another wave of amber went dancing over her markings, curiosity piqued regarding Aris’s customizations. Lifting her head, she turned her attention back to Aris.

"What other personal touches did you add to make it your own?" she inquired, intrigued by the idea of customization. Would it be akin to adjusting software settings on her solid-state holographic band, or were the modifications purely hardware-based?

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

He blinked slowly before glancing to the saber. Carrying a part of Valery Noble Valery Noble with him wherever he went? He smiled slightly. He liked how that sounded. Not that he'd say as much aloud. That's just how he was. For now though, back to logic. He tilted his head in thought. "I know others add more detail to theirs. Some have different emitters or even multiple. A crossblade, or a dual blade. Some have different lengths. There are even some with different shapes. You can really personalize it quite a bit, and I'm not even sure where to start on just how much is available."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

“Is there a benefit to the different emitters?” Zaiya only had a basic understanding of swords from Verpine technology, so she wasn’t sure if any of that knowledge would even translate for a light saber.

Yet as Aris continued with his explanation that there were many ways to customize the hilt and blade, Zaiya’s eyes would only continue to widen. Different blades? Shapes?

“Whoa, okay wait. So then how do you know what to choose then if there is such a variety?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Normally people go with their gut. The Force tends to guide people with how to make their lightsaber. And some go further to explore their options and figure which seems to suit them best once they get more experience." He paused for a moment, looking to his saber before smiling just a little. "I'm going to master all forms of weapons. Help others find which suits them best. That's what I plan to be."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Going with their gut instinct? The more Aris described the Force, the more it seemed to be just some sort of energy that let you know what to do or assists in doing extraordinary things. This made her wonder what was guiding the Force itself. Was there something or someone else powering the Force to do what it did?

Or maybe it was some sort of invisible organism or pathogen that lived in a symbiotic relationship, causing those infected to have some kind of hive emotive mindset and change their genetic makeup in a way that allowed them to have such crazy abilities. It was a big galaxy, and if one took the Lovalla as an example, the fact that a bonded mated pair could sync their hues and build a telepathic and emotive bond was almost similar to the Force, right?

Something to put in the back of her head for now. Zaiya didn't want to overwhelm Aris with too many Force questions, especially since he said he couldn't feel the Force like others. Maybe that was a subject he really didn't want to discuss, perhaps because of his block? Zaiya wanted to become friends with him, and prodding him on more Force information wasn't the best idea.

Discussing what Aris was passionate about, however, was a go. The Lovalla caught how Aris seemed to brighten and smile when talking about becoming someone who could master all types of weapons.

“So you want to become a…"
She slightly frowned, amber glints dancing over her markings in contemplation, trying to word it correctly: "… a professor of weapons?"

That was interesting. She set the hilt down on the table and gave a grin, intrigue sparkling in her eyes as she rested her chin on her palm again.

“How does one find out which weapon suits them best?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Battlemaster is the term the Jedi use. But more or less." It was what he could do best. Even without being able to use the Force, he could at least know how a Lightsaber worked and how to help another use their own. Though he ended up shrugging. He wasn't sure how people figured out how best a weapon suited them. That was one of the things he hoped to learn, at least.

"All I know is just trying it out, seeing how it works until something clicks."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom