Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bazaar of the Four Winds

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Oh, okay. Lucky you. They won't let me pilot anything," Zaiya remarked with a hint of jealousy, a brief flash of green rippling over her intricate patterns. Yet, it was softened by the gentle glow of golden edges, hinting at a positive spin to the emotion. She was envious, but in a way that sparked a desire within her to have the same opportunity.

"I don't know how to pilot anything either, and even though I've asked to be taught, they tell me no," likely because it would take time. There wasn't an available speeder or starship that would be properly insured for a teenager to try and take out for a spin, "I spend most of my time at the university, and any travel is done by public transportation or one of the university's research ships like this one," Zaiya added, withdrawing her fingers from his to brush playfully against them again. It was clear the young teen enjoyed being affectionately playful, not one to sit still for too long without the desire for contact.

A cant of her head, she mused on Aris, mentioning that most of it was scavenged parts. "Oh, is that why you are here? To look for scavenged parts for your speeder?" The bazaar was a great place to haggle for parts.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris blinked in surprise at such a vivid, new color to cross her skin. Jealousy. It wasn't hard to take a guess on what it was, but as he watched the colors shift over and pass through her till they were replaced with the brighter colors from before. It was nice to see that she didn't linger on such feelings but he still ended up squeezing her hands, letting his fingers fold around hers as she toyed with his palms.

"This was a stop on to my next mission with my master. I might explore for parts, but that's not why I'm here. Do you want to learn how to drive? I can't really teach how to fly, but driving, that I can d-" He paused, leaning back a little to look her over. "You should be tall enough to reach the peddles, at least. So yeah, I can teach you, if you want. When we meet up again."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Aris would feel the enjoyment Zaiya felt at seeing him return the comforting gestures on his own, folding his fingers over her hands and giving her a reassuring squeeze because he wanted to. It was nice to see him relax more. Smiling and laughing. Plotting fun adventures with her.

Joy illuminated Zaiya's face with teal ripples and a soft golden glow over her markings. This time, she bounced on her tippy toes, giving an excited shoulder shimmy.

"Really?!" Zaiya exclaimed in delight. "You'll teach me? Oh, that would be so awesome! I'd love to learn!” Already, her mind was racing about when she could visit. He said he had a mission to go on. How long would that take?

However, the comment about being tall enough to touch the pedals made her give him a mock glare, her face scrunching up as if insulted, but in reality, the true amusement she felt was evident in the pale blues swatches over her rosy gold skin with wry cyan hues.

"And I'm not that short...I'm supposed to get taller once I'm older," she added, giving a small laugh. Maybe even taller than you!" she added with a teasing challenge, her iridescent bright blue eyes dancing with mirth.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Given how tall you are now, no. No you will not be."

Aris had a grin this time. Was he teasing her? Yes. By how the colors had shifted around she was trying to do the same, so.. Why not? "Your species doesn't seem like it'll end up much taller. I will. It's simple biology, really. You will always be the shorter one, Zaiya."

Even on her tippy toes she was still a head shorter than him after all. The facts were on his side this time around. ".. But yes. I will teach you. Best I can, anyway. I'm not the best teacher yet."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya immediately gave a mock gasp of shock, straightening in a jingle of jewelry and wrist bangles as she finally let go of Aris’s hands to lay them flat on the table. Not that she broke the connection for long.

“I will too!” She insisted, her face scrunching up in determination, a swirl of dark orange with a pale blue glow flurrying across her skin as she skittered in a rush of her robe’s skirts to round the modification table until she was at his side.

“I’m just a late bloomer!” She insisted, bringing up her hands to grab at his forearms to position him where she wanted him. She was determined to see just how much of a difference in height they had. It was now going to be her goal to try and beat him. “I won’t be this short forever!”

Okay let me see how tall you are compared to me…” she began, only to have to tilt her head back and of course, see that Aris was rather taller than her.

Another flurry of kaleidoscopic hues that indicated her amusement, competitive spirit, and determination, Zaiya tried to stand as close to Aris and took his hand. Another jingle of bangles and she brought his hand up so it would work as a sort of measuring level by putting it on top of her head so he can show exactly just where it would reach against him.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

A bemused smile was all Aris had as he watched her walk around the table. He didn't fight her guidance, just standing where she wanted at his full height as he quite literally looked down at her. There was almost pity in his gaze, though it was more the hint of a teasing glint. This was something he would likely end up teasing her about for the entirety of their friendship. Specifically this moment, as she came up to barely his chin.

"Zaiya I'm going to end up around eight feet tall. You're not going to ever reach my height."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Stepping back to gauge their height difference, Zaiya found herself looking up at Aris, her wide eyed expression a blend of comical shock and amusement. She took his hand that she used as her temporary height level and let it fall between them, fingers unconsciously curling around his hand anew again.

"Eight feet tall? Eight feet?!" she exclaimed, her features animated with a mixture of surprise and a hint of jealousy, evident in the swirling hues of dark greys and amused pale blues dancing over her skin, momentarily punctuated by a fleeting flash of green.

However, her envy quickly gave way to determination as the colors shifted once more, now infused with a vibrant orange and blue glow. "Well... you can't be fully sure you'll actually be eight feet tall," Zaiya retorted playfully, her chin lifting in defiance as she placed her free hand on her left hip, the jingle of her bracelets adding to the spirited exchange. "I can get just over six feet for a Lovalla when I grow up!"

"Every Epicanthix can't possibly be that tall."
she added, unsure of the validity of her words but wanting to make some sort of headway in her mind that would make the probability that she just might be taller than Aris when they were grown true.
qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"It's the average height of my people. While I am glad you will be taller, you will still be much shorter than me." It was simple mathematics now. If six foot was the highest she was going to get, then this would likely be the closest in height they'd ever be. He squeezed her hand again as he stood straight up, lifted his head back so he was looking down upon her as much as possible.

"It's okay to be short. Should I figure out a nickname that includes how small you are in it?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Oh, he was enjoying this. Zaiya observed the way Aris straightened to his full height, a teasing glint sparkling in his green eyes as he oh so logically dissected the mere mathematics of who would end up taller. Aris, presumably, based his hypothosis on his silly average height for Epicanthix genetics, no doubt.

But Zaiya was not one to back down easily. Oh no, the Lovalla teen also squared her shoulders, lifting her chin in defiance of Aris's logical conclusion. With notable competitiveness, she declared, "Well, I am fourteen and, therefore, older than you. I'll likely grow faster and beat you soon enough!"

"So, I can be taller than you! It only needs to happen once!"
she insisted, a flurry of determined colors sweeping over her skin in a beautiful and vibrant display. Yet it was the glowing aqua luminescence edging her markings that betrayed her passion for this subject.

Perhaps, through sheer willpower and determination, she might one day be taller than Aris -- Maybe.

"Nickname? Nickname?! Don't you dare, Aris!" she told him, only the faintest shimmer of lavender in annoyance blending into the vibrant blues and teals of humor she found in the playful banter. She wasn't annoyed at all; in fact, she never had anyone give her a nickname, so while it might be silly, it also made her a little giddy excited. Her finger came up to poke his chest in a playful push -- not that it did much. All the while, Zaiya was still happily holding his hand, every second that ticked by joyfully growing subtly stronger.

qXrM5Mv.png

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

"You are barely a year older than me and I am already this much taller than you. I will continue to grow, likely faster than you will." More facts. But he was all grins at this point, very clearly enjoying the idea of just teasing her about this. The changes of colors through her, the shift of emotion that he could feel through their bond, it was all new and just.. Pleasant.

People were a lot better than he thought to talk to.

Aris didn't even budge at the push though. As unmoving as a steel door truly, though he raised a brow as he glanced down towards her. A nickname? He'd made it as a joke, and even with her insistence to not it was obvious by the colors alone that she did actually want one. Which meant.. Oh no. He blinked before glancing off, reaching his free hand up to scratch his cheek.

"I'll figure out a good one for you, eventually. I haven't given a nickname before."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
This was nice. No, it was great. This moment was simply wonderful. Aris couldn't stop grinning, and Zaiya found herself thoroughly enjoying every second of it. Their playful banter, the lighthearted, silly discussions about their future heights, nicknames -- it all felt delightfully surreal as if Aris truly intended to remain friends with her until they were adults. It was exhilarating, thrilling, and delightfully ridiculous in the best possible way.

There was no stopping the matching broad grin Zaiya shined up at Aris, her rosy golden skin glowing with an even more vibrant luminescence as they continued to connect. It was as if being near him was filling her with energy, and she embraced it wholeheartedly, reveling in the moment. It was pretty.

"You have to think about it?" There was a faint shimmer of disappointment on Zaiya's face, but she brightened up quickly when she felt giddy that she would be the first one he'd give a nickname to. Even better! Another delighted shoulder shimmy and Zaiya quipped out with a teasing toss of her multicolored head, going, "See! Called your bluff. You didn't even have one ready yet." She teased, only to end up with a half-chuckle.

"You have to be quick on your toes, Aris. Have your follow-through ready, or else you'll end up in the wake of my dust." Okay, so Zaiya was apt to rise to a bit of competitiveness.

"Hmmm... maybe I'll come up with a nickname for you." she made an exaggerated, thoughtful expression.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris was, oddly enough, embarrassed. It wasn't an emotion he'd properly felt before. Shame, perhaps, at doing something he didn't know he wasn't supposed to in his early years in the Noble home, but never embarrassment like this. He pouted as he looked away from her. He shouldn't have admitted that he didn't have a nickname. He did, technically, but he didn't like it. Tiny wasn't really a good nickname for anyone.

And yet, he ended up smiling. And laughed. The initial burst of embarrassment just gave way to a full laugh as he turned to smiles rather than pouts. It was an awkward emotion, but one that he felt. One that he could actually express, couldn't he?

"Then lets make it a pack. We'll come up with nicknames for each other and when we both have, we'll share them. Okay?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
There was an unmistakable twinkle of mischief in Zaiya's eyes as she witnessed Aris's embarrassed pout, followed by a full-bodied laugh that just made his green eyes sparkle, his shoulder shake, and his young face beam.

"You have a nice laugh," Zaiya complimented him sincerely. Her face aglow with delight as vibrant hues of teal, pale blue, and turquoise danced across her features, accompanied by a warm golden bioluminescence. She fanned her fingers against his again, giving it a squeeze to reassure him that it was okay and she was only teasing, then followed with a playful sway of their intertwined hands.

"It's a deal then," She affirmed with a wide grin, lifting their joined hands before releasing his momentarily, only to swiftly entwine their pinky fingers together.

"Pinky swear?" Zaiya promised, looking up at Aris with iridescent blue eyes. Her pinky tightened around his in the childish method to seal the deal that she offered.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"I do, don't I?"

Once more it wasn't arrogance or smugness that had him smiling even as he asked that. Surprise, and genuine joy. He had these emotions. They were hard to describe, harder to understand at times, but he had them. Sometimes it just took a mirror to see them. Or at least someone who could change colors like a mood ring to show him specifically which emotions were what.

No. Immediately he chastised himself as his mind with to mood ring for a nickname. He would not, nor ever, use such words out loud. Best to bury them here was his conclusion.

Instead he blinked as he glanced to their hands, and their pinkies as she locked them together. He knew what this was. His smile broadened as he squeezed hers in turn. "Pinky promise."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
" Yes. You do." Zaiya reiterated, giving another musical giggle, and this time, she shook her head in amusement, pale blue golden highlights racing down her skin. He looked surprised that he did, which was bewildering. Did he not laugh that much? Or maybe he was just generally reserved until he opened up? Either way, Zaiya was happy to see him enjoy himself.

With the pinky promise made, Zaiya unhooked her pinky from his but swiveled her hand to hold his again. She gave a rock of her feet and then an excited bounce. "Okay, so-o... What do you want to do now?"

Glancing around, she gave a hum as if thinking of what to do.

"You didn't eat much of your jelly bun. Do you want something to eat? We have some food in our galley." she offered, unsure since Seszil said there was a specific calorie count Aris had to stick to.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

".. Oh. That's right, we should- I- Huh. I don't actually know."

He blinked in surprise at first, then curiosity. What did friends do when they hung out? Part of him thought 'train' or 'study' but he truly doubted that was something she'd be interested in doing. He squeezed her hand as she offered food, though. It might've been a good idea, given he never did get to finish his jelly bun. But at the same time he wasn't sure if he wanted to show just how poor of a cook he was yet.

"What do friends to together, usually?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

What do friends do together? Zaiya never had friends her age before so this was new. However she did read a lot of fun teen novels like the Sisterhood of traveling Pants and Budy Jlume holobooks so she had an idea.

Taking his hand, Zaiya decided to guide him to the galley, since the squeeze seemed to convey food was a good idea, “Umm… well eat together. Play games. Share what we like to do and what’s going on in our lives. Share secrets.” She named off a few things from the books she recalled.

“Why don’t you tell me more about your family or other friends you have while I make something to eat? I’d like to know more about you.” Smiling back at him she asked,” Do you like fruit or do you want something else?”

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

She would make something to eat?

There was a small relief there that he tried to keep hidden, if only because he knew his way of cooking likely wouldn't be well received. Everything had to be counted properly for the caloric intake needed for his training, after all. At least fruit wouldn't be a problem at all for him. He let go of her hand, mostly so he could go sit at the counter and let her cook, smiling softly.

"I am the third oldest of seven. Colette is the oldest, also a Padawan. Vera is the closest to my age and also padawan. Then there's the triplets, Aurra, Adam, and Aeryn. The youngest is Eryx. He was just born not long ago. I am unsure what else to say about them though, so.. Are there questions?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
The galley wasn't large but had enough space for a few stools to be up against the counter, which meant Aris would be close enough to steal a slice of fruit or so if he so felt like it once Zaiya started slicing. Humming a small tune, she set towards the refrigerator, where her collection of fruit was secured. Lovalla tended towards a vegetarian diet but was open to all sorts of other cuisines when the chance arose.

Although Zaiya paused when the full details about Aris's siblings came out, shock rippled over her mottled spots in pale grey and yellow hues tinged with vibrant streaks of orange in avid curiosity. "Triplets??!" she exclaimed, blinking rapidly.

"Wow... okay. Yeah, your parents are very, very lucky." Honestly, Aris was very lucky, too. "You all are. I don't have any siblings. My kind typically are only able to have one kyck, any more than that is considered to be a great show of luck."

She turned her attention back to the fridge, bringing out small containers of various fruits: Geldun sun apples, king berries, snow grapes, ecclessis figs, blumfruit, and strawberries. She also took a tin of various nuts and seeds as well before shutting the door. Carefully balancing them all, Zaiya padded her way back and set them down on the counter. She pulled out a small cutting board, knife, and a wide oval bowl from a drawer beside her.

"So, what's it like having siblings?" Zaiya inquired, her curiosity piqued as she selected a Geldun Sun apple and deftly began slicing it. The simple act of preparing food together brought her a sense of contentment. In her culture, sharing meals and nourishing loved ones was a cherished bonding ritual. It had been some time since she had the opportunity to do so, and it brought a gentle smile to her lips, accompanied by a faint golden glow that shimmered amidst the pale blue and teal hues adorning her skin.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Mm. Are those not normal for your species?" She certainly was treating it like it was a big deal. Which it wasn't to him, at least. Which she then explained. Kyck was likely a term for baby, if he was going to hazard a guess. "Epicanthix like to have big families. It's much more common for there to be multiple spouses to facilitate that." It was important. Family was important.

Possibly more than anything else.

He watched as she peeled the fruit, cut them up, readied them. Not really for the fruit though, the colors she had was something he hadn't expected to see over food of all things. There was clearly something more important there. "A lot of sharing, and learning patience. But it's not something I'd trade for anything. I love them, all of them."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom