Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bazaar of the Four Winds

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
As Zaiya breathed a sigh of relief, knowing Aris was safe from the heat she felt from his use of the Force, she still struggled to fully grasp the magnitude of what had just transpired. Seeing the concern etched in Aris's emerald eyes, she offered him a reassuring smile and explained, "I'm fine... just caught off guard. It felt like grabbing a scorching cup of hot cocoa without realizing how hot it was." Her cheeks regained their usual rosy golden blush.

"I'm just glad you're okay and didn't get hurt. But you mentioned plasma and lightsabers — yours didn't seem to heat up like plasma... yet it knocked out the Cathar. Wouldn't it have burnt him instead too?" How was that different? Also can anyone learn how to do what Aris did?

Zaiya paused, her steps halting near a refreshment stall adorned with an array of fruit juices and effervescent drinks, some containing intriguing gummy-like spheres. The ice may be good for her fingers too if the drink was cold. "Let me grab you a drink. What would you like?"

T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

"My lightsaber can produce two different blades. The one I used is called Entropite. It's like a stun gun, in a sword shape. I don't have to hurt someone with it." A nonlethal choice was always preferred for him. He didn't like to kill. He paused beside her at the stand though, glancing it over curiously. There were all kinds of choices displayed.

He wasn't good at making these kinds of choices.

".. I'll have what you have?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png

I pick? Okay. Zaiya happily mused to herself, teal dancing over her skin at the thought of learning more about Aris, his swords, and this Force.

Curiosity danced in Zaiya's eyes as she surveyed the assortment of drinks. The peculiar gummy spheres floating in a vibrant blue milk tea caught her attention, and her markings shimmered with an orange glow of intrigue.

"May I get two of those, please?" she requested from the vendor, pointing to the enticing concoction.

"Of course, my dear," replied the jovial Askajian woman, her gaze fixed on Zaiya's shifting skin. Unfazed by etiquette, she boldly inquired, "What's the secret behind your color-changing skin? You're positively enchanting!"

Zaiya's mottled spots flushed pink with embarrassment as she fumbled with her hair nervously. "Oh, um, I'm a Lovalla," she stammered, her skin transitioning from pink to yellow and silver highlights with each wave of abashed anxiety.

The vendor's curiosity only intensified. "Oh, you're just a rainbow of colors! Why does it do that?" she pressed, pouring the drinks with practiced ease.

Fumbling for her credits in her satchel, Zaiya tried to pay the vendor quickly. "Um, our skin color shifts as a way to communicate with each other... it conveys our emotions to give context to what way say or feel," she explained, feeling exposed under the vendor's scrutinizing gaze. As a rare Lovalla, she knew her colorful display often drew attention, but she longed for the social bonds that would make her glow even brighter.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris stood beside her, and for the most part was silent as he watched the interaction. There wasn't anything crazy happening that he could realize at first. They were buying a drink, she was going to pay for it, and she was suddenly yellow. Fear, stressed, anxiety, he wasn't sure which it meant specifically but none of those meant anything good.

She was uncomfortable with the questions. If anything it made him glad he hadn't chosen to ask her about it.

So, as natural as can be, he stepped between her and the vendor, casually picking up their drinks while keeping her out of sight behind him. She didn't like the questions, likely didn't like being looked at. He didn't want to make a big deal of it, just smiled as he let her pay and turned to hand her her drink. "Well, we have lots more to see right? Forgive us, we're not here long. Thank you for the drinks."

He dipped his head in an apology to the Askajian woman before rather casually ushering both himself and Zaiya on and away. He said nothing about it, just took a sip of his drink before blinking in surprise.

".. Tastes good, actually."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
Relief flooded through Zaiya as Aris stepped forward, graciously taking charge of the situation and deflecting the Askajian woman's questions. Her markings, vibrant turquoise against her skin, would give a flourish of gratitude. It wasn't that Zaiya doubted the vendor's intentions, but being bombarded with inquiries, especially ones she dealt with regularly, put her on edge. She wore her emotions openly, unable to hide her reactions -- an inherent trait of Lovalla that made deception nearly impossible.

"Thank you," Zaiya chimed in, offering a polite nod of acknowledgment. The vendor waved them off, and Zaiya released a sigh of relief, the tension easing from her frame as her skin returned to its usual rose-gold hue.

As they distanced themselves from the vendor, a comfortable silence settled between them, punctuated only by the soft sound of sipping from their drinks. Aris didn't press her about the interaction, for which Zaiya was grateful. While she wouldn't have minded discussing it, being put on the spot like that had been nerve-wracking. Some of the questions might have seemed innocent, but Zaiya had learned the hard way that others were often too curious for their own good. There had been times when strangers had attempted to touch her skin, testing to see if it was merely makeup, while she was still also learning regarding personal space, even for her, unwarranted touching by a stranger unless warranted left her unsettled.

"It is pretty good!" Zaiya agreed, a genuine smile lighting up her features as iridescent teal danced over her markings, infusing her with a sense of joy. However, her enthusiasm faltered momentarily as she encountered a gummy ball in her drink, prompting a bewildered scrunch of her face. The kaleidoscopic hues of her emotions shifted, dimming to a thoughtful amber before returning to teal in pleasure. "Okay, the gummies aren't bad either."

There was a pause, and as she turned to study Aris, she decided it was also best to at least acknowledge that he had helped her. "Thank you for stepping in like that. Sometimes, it can get overwhelming when I'm put on the spot and people ask about why I change colors or glow."

The constant inner struggle for Lovalla like Zaiya was a tangled web of conflicting desires. On one hand, they reveled in being vibrant and flamboyant, adorning themselves with a riot of colors, experimenting with hair dyes, and daring to bare as much skin as possible to showcase their vibrancy. Yet, outside their homeworld, where Lovalla were extraordinarily rare, and Zaiya had no other kin to share in her uniqueness, it became a battle against the constant barrage of questions and curious stares. To Zaiya, it was simply a matter of being herself, but navigating the complexities of self-expression in a galaxy that didn't always understand could be intimidating.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

Gummies?

Aris raised a brow before taking a sip himself to find one. Then chewed it. Weird choice, putting something like that in a drink. But he wasn't against it. It tasted pretty good, all things considered. Maybe it'd be worth trying the different flavors. He glanced towards her as she spoke though, still sipping here and there as she spoke. It really did bother her, then?

"You don't have to explain it to me, or anyone, if you don't want to. Just tell them it's just how you are and move on if they're making you uncomfortable with it." The logical answer, of course. Aris wasn't sure exactly how it felt to feel pressured to answer one way or another or just trying to avoid confrontation. He always spoke his mind, factually.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, though."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
Zaiya had never really given it much thought before. To state that it was just second nature to her, shifting colors and then changing the topic whenever she felt uneasy. While Lovalla like her were typically non-violent unless someone they cared about was threatened, that didn't mean they couldn't be straightforward and put an end to uncomfortable conversations when necessary.

"I guess I've never really considered it that way," she confessed, realizing how accustomed she had become to answering questions, especially during her time at the university. But the idea of being able to deflect them now felt liberating. She flashed Aris a wide smile, her skin taking on hues of teal that reflected her happiness at the realization.

Then, a moment of awareness washed over her, the teal shifting into amber as she contemplated the situation. "Oh! I'm sorry, did I make you uncomfortable with my questions about your lightsaber and Seszil?" she asked sincerely, genuine concern in her voice as her markings shimmered yellow.

"I can stop if you want." She truly meant it, although there was a hint of disappointment in her tone at the thought of not being able to ask anymore. Still, she valued Aris's comfort more than her own curiosity.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

"If I thought your questions were too much I would've said something." Again, the logical side of his mind played out. The only thing that was difficult was trying to figure out what exactly to say, since explaining the Force to someone who didn't know what it was was very difficult for him, who couldn't even really feel the Force. It was there, but without it sounding absolutely absurd he couldn't think of a proper way to say it.

"I will answer the best of my ability, just, it might not be an answer that makes sense I suppose."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
There was a visible sense of relief evident not only in Zaiya's expression but also in the shimmering turquoise hues that cascaded over her rose-golden skin.

"I'm glad you're okay with my questions," Zaiya responded, a renewed bounce in her step as she took another sip from the straw of her blue milk tea. "It's alright though, you're doing your best to explain, and I appreciate that. I understand that new concepts can be difficult for anyone to grasp. I certainly don't know everything, but I'm eager to learn more."

With a small shrug of her bare shoulder and a bright grin aimed at Aris, Zaiya radiated joyful shades of teal and light blue, accompanied by a faint glow. "If I keep asking questions and seeing examples, eventually it's bound to make sense, right?" That's the logical, scientific part of Zaiya's brain. It never hurts to keep asking, as long as one is comfortable answering, of course.

"So, how does one produce two different types of blades?" Zaiya inquired, her face contorting in confusion as she attempted to pronounce the word correctly, causing fleeting shades of gray and silver to ripple across her skin. "You mentioned... en... entropite? Is it like a power setting?"
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Eventually, yes. It would be easier to show you with actual examples, but that's not something I can do, unfortunately."

Many would be able to explain this better. Or at least give her an example that he couldn't, asides from what he'd already done. Though, he could actually answer what she asked next. And did so, with a faint smile no less. A lightsaber was something he could use without needing the Force. Just skill and training, of which he had quite a bit now.

"It's a crystal, like Kyber. I swap between them with a flick of a switch, basically."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
As Aris’s lips curved into a subtle smile at the mention of the lightsaber, it was evident that delving into its intricacies resonated more with him than delving into the workings of the Force. Zaiya couldn't help but mirror his expression, her hues lighting up with excitement at the prospect of sharing this moment with him. She was growing to like Aris; he was interesting and fun.

"A crystal? Like a power crystal? I've heard they can provide energy for a droid for ages."
The only crystals Zaiya knew were the ones that powered mundane gadgets or droids, not the mystical Kyber crystals or the enigmatic entropites.

As they ambled through the bustling bazaar, they passed by the last of the aromatic food stalls, finally arriving at a secluded section adorned with makeshift seating and repurposed ship hulls offering shelter and seclusion.

“Want to find a place to sit down? Maybe you can show me how your lightsaber works?”
While Seszil was interesting and Zaiya really wanted to know more on how he worked or flew, if Aris felt more at ease explaining how his lightsaber worked, perhaps he'd let her delve into its inner workings and tinker with its mechanisms.

It was always more interesting when the other person was just as excited to teach her. Later maybe, she’ll ask him why he couldn’t give examples. While he didn’t have the color cues that would let her know what he was feeling, she had a suspicion that while this Force was in all living beings, not being able to use the Force like Seszil had bothered him.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Yes. But they're alive, almost like Seszil. Da- Master Noble says it's more like they're sleeping. They help a Jedi by helping them stay calm and protect them with the blade a lightsaber creates." Not to mention when awoken they could have a projection of their soul running around. Both his parents had their own in the shape of foxes. Serenity and Chaos.

They were protectors. Just like Seszil.

He hummed in thought as he looked around. Frowned his thinking frown. "Technically I don't think we're supposed to show people how to buuld a lightsaber. But I also don't see the reason why in this day and age. I'm not against it, but you have to promise you won't try to make your own." If built wrong, a lightsaber could end up a bomb.

Not that he explained that much out loud.

"Do you know a good place to sit that's quiet?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png

There was no hiding her excitement at the prospect that Aris was going to show her how a lightsaber worked; she gave an excited bounce and her markings rippled with that glowing aqua colored bioluminescence once more.

“Okay. I promise!” She understood that there was certain types of technology that were inherently dangerous if one didn’t know what they were doing, so she could respect that.

Biting her lower lip she glanced around, “do you want to find a quiet place here?” It depended where Aris felt more comfortable. Bright sapphire blue eyes latched to green as she contemplated, her markings shifting to amber in her musing once more.

“Unless you prefer somewhere much more private? We can go back to the ship? There’s a tech lab there with a modification table.”
The vessel she came in with the professor. It should be empty for now as he was busy with his tasks.

T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Your ship would be preferable, especially with a workbench. I can do some cleaning and maintenance I think." He took another sip of his drink before glancing to Seszil on his shoulder. As usual, the sword was slumbering. They needed as much sleep as they could get given their limits. Maybe he'd be able to lay them out on the ship so they could relax a bit longer.

The role of protector was always a difficult one.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
Another flash of a brightened smile and a flurry of excited teal and turquoise hues and glows radiating over her skin.

"Alright, follow me. It isn't far." Zaiya told him, gesturing for him to follow her as she finally spun round and began walking forward. Her hair swung gently over her back and shoulders, the multicolored streaks of white, cobalt, and magenta fluttering with the bounce in her step.

"How often do you have to clean and maintain them?" in this case she was also referring to Seszil and his lightsaber, the Lovalla taking another joyful sip of her blue milk tea. The Saleen, the planetary survey ship the Professor, his assistant, and Zaiya came in was just a small shuttle, but was comfortable. It was owned by the University, so while it wasn't fitted with all the bells and whistles, it served just fine.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

At least she was excited. Aris ended up smiling himself as she spun and walked off with quite the bounce in her step. It was almost like she hadn't just been robbed or pestered by rather uncomfortable questions. She bounced back rather quick.

It was good to see.

"I try to make it a habit to do it every day at least. It could be pretty bad if something did go wrong inside." Once aboard the ship and by the workbench he set down the lightsaber, carefully taking it apart. He didn't have the Force to guide it's construction and disassembly. He had his memory, and his own two hands. There was a lot of clear practice in how he disassemble the outer casing, and within the twin glows of the two crystals were very easy to see. And feel. The Entropite was a calm sensation in the Force. A dream waiting only for a slumber, beckoning those around it to a cool sleep on a warm day.

The Kyber on the other hand was much more. It sang. All it had was support for Aris, who in turn couldn't hear or interact with the crystal. But it understood, and despite the melancholy of never being able to interact it was joyful.

"These are the crystals. With the right parts around it and a powercell, they make the blade. If the parts are put in wrong it won't work at best, or blow up at worse. The construction is very important."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
Zaiya perched herself across from Aris, leaning in with eager anticipation as he meticulously disassembled the lightsaber on the modification table. It appeared as if he had a set rhyme and rhythm to it, setting down each piece, no matter how small, onto the bench as if it had a specific shadow box that he had to set it upon in order to remember where each piece went. It went to show that Aris was well versed in the action over constant repetition and practice.

Her cheeks flushed with curiosity, and vibrant hues of citrine and teal cascaded down her arms, reflecting her joyful excitement. She resisted the urge to touch, reminding herself to wait for Aris's signal. When Aris presented the softly glowing crystals, Zaiya's delight was palpable, emanating a soft aqua bioluminescence.

"So, the power cell fuels it, and the crystal... focuses the energy, right?" Her smile brimmed with curiosity as she hesitated, seeking permission before delving deeper.

"May I examine them closely?" She understood the gravity of mishandling such delicate components, especially after Aris's warning about potential explosions. She didn’t fully understand how the crystals worked but trusted Aris did.

They were such curious, interesting things. Something about them tugged at her, pulling her in and ever so subtly transforming her dull hues into a radiant spectrum of bright joyful blues edged with silver bittersweet melancholy. Unknowing that it was the emotive qualities of the crystals as they sang and radiated through the Force that prompted her to slowly visibly start emulating their bittersweet joy at Aris’s presence.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

"They channel the energy. The emitter focuses it into a blade. Mine swaps between the crystals as needed." It was very simple, all things considered. "You may. Don't be alarmed if you feel kind of drained when you touch the Entropite. That's what it's supposed to do after all." Just as a warning, in case it did freak her out. He did however raise a brow as she started to change color to one he hadn't seen before.

Was it something with sating her curiosity?

"What do you think?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

TBbS319.png
mKPutdJ.png
With a wide grin stretching across her features, Zaiya eagerly grasped the first crystal - Entropite. Her slender fingers danced over its surface, relishing the cool sensation Aris had described, and sensing a subtle, almost hypnotic quality within. As she held the crystal, its energy intertwined with hers, creating a mesmerizing display of shifting hues over her skin as the Force stretched out like a slumbering Bha'lair awakening from a nap.

The vibrant citrine of curiosity melded seamlessly into a deep turquoise of contentment over Zaiya's rose-gold skin, evoking the cozy comfort of her nest back home, with soft pillows and a gentle summer breeze drifting through an open window. A soft, pulsating glow illuminated the edges of her intricate markings, followed by a ripple of aqua that seemed to emanate pure joy it felt from Aris's presence from the crystal itself.

"Mmm... is it supposed to make you sleepy?" Zaiya inquired, her iridescent blue eyes half-lidded as they met Aris's gaze, brimming with curiosity and wonder. Her voice was husky and sleepy, as if struggling to stay awake and not take a nap.

"Makes me wanna drift off and take a nap... a happy, little nap," Zaiya confessed with a giddy, drowsy giggle, unable to resist the soothing allure of the crystal's energy. It was a sensation quite different from what she imagined the Nagai warrior experienced when he was knocked out cold. What set them apart? What caused it to react so swiftly with the pick-pocket but different when held in her hand?

Driven by curiosity, she reached out to touch the Kyber crystal, and immediately, a deep breath of awe escaped her lips. As her fingers made contact with the crystal's surface, her rose-golden skin began to emanate a more vibrant hue, as if responding to a wave of joyful emotions it sang out through the Force. It was as though she was tapping into a semblance of the emotional bonds she once shared with her parents, only these were of the Kyber crystal, Zaiya experiencing a rush of the silent sentiments that it had for Aris that it had been unable to convey. The crystal's energy resonated with her Lovalla nature, amplifying not only her own wonder and awe in brilliant iridescent cerulean ombres with gold-flecked shimmer, reflecting the joyful connection it felt with Aris.

"Wait... it is... oh!" Zaiya exclaimed, her tone tinged with alarm and confusion as she continued to glow in a kaleidoscope of hues. It was as if the Kyber crystal recognized that this was the only way for Aris to truly understand its emotions in his presence. As Zaiya had conveyed to the vendor, Lovalla used their color-changing hues as a way of communication.

With a sense of wonder brightening her expression, Zaiya found herself swept up in the energy of those emotions, though she wasn't fully aware of it. The colors projected outward toward Aris, carrying with them the joyful support that the crystal always seemed to offer whenever he was around. It wasn't as potent as the empathic sway of a Zeltron, but it was enough for the young stoic Noble to hopefully feel its effects washing over him.
T81Cr9V.png
EeLWA2G.png

xiqfVVX.png

There was a long quiet on Aris's part as he watched this. The shift of colors was.. More than he had anticipated. And they didn't seem to match the colors he'd already figured out for her different moods thus far. There was something more happening, but he really didn't understand what it was. Nor did he understand the emotions he himself was subtly starting to feel. They weren't his own, that much he figured out pretty quick.

Subtle, but there.

".. Are you alright?"

Zaiya herself was the only variable that had changed, so it stood to reason this was something from her. He shifted his weight, trying his best not to look uncomfortable. Ultimately he didn't like feeling things that weren't his own emotions, though.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom