Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle help, please

Okay so long story short I’ve taken part in a proper big battle and two doms during my time here

They’ve either gone awful or subpar. And I think it’s me but I don’t know what.

I know the whole buddy idea, but what about everything else, like the writing?

[member="Spiky Elf Lover"]

What do you mean by sub-par? Care to maybe link a thread?

My recommendation would be to really invest yourself in a faction or group and do some normal RP with them for a bit. Maybe not strictly combat-based, but simple interactions that flesh out your relationships with other characters. Once your character ICly feels more at home, I'll guarantee you'll sense an improvement in the general quality of the writing ;)

Just didn’t really do much or didn’t enjoy myself, the new Commenor TSE invasion siege is the most recent one (writer of Darian Helsic) and probably the best to look. Though the Roon and Felacat CIS Dominions are also available (writer for Lirka Ka and Skeeno Purs)

Alright, thank you. That should make it work out better.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Spiky Elf Lover"]

Here's some easy tips.
  • Have fun! This is your responsibility.
  • You're going to log in one day and not want to write anything. This is normal. Tell your partner, ask for time, and sleep on it.
  • When dueling, try to take damage or get thrown around often. Otherwise your partner will get bored.
  • Read other duels often.

Cheers and happy RPing. :D

Bit late but I will throw in my two cents.

Fighting is an art between you and your enemy/friend. When you fight, you generally anticipate the next move and go to counter then attack. Process repeats until one of you makes a mistake and gets hurt with the writer acknowledging it is going to happen. The biggest problem I always have when doing duel forum posts, open roleplaying, ect, is the person accepting the fact of getting damaged. Some just go by small scratches, being winded while others take a massive injury at the start. Myself, I prefer to be in the middle unless the goof on my part is rather large. Take a small blaster shot to the thigh or get cut in the arm, show that it actually affects your character. Almost no one is painless in their ability, they will feel it affect their speed or strength in some form or fashion.

As for big battles, it helps to read everyones post before you. It is exhausting to say the least to figure out where everyone is and sometimes you want to throw yourself off a ledge and give up. Best solution sometimes is to do it solo on the thread, making your own story until someone either brings you or you finish your objective. Most Domination missions generally have an option as I seen to bring your own objective and go your own pace. Start with your own and work your way around what you want to do, may be surprised who shows up to help you in the long run.

I may not look like I been around here for long...or posted enough but I have roleplayed long enough to give that little bit as advice. Biggest thing is to not stress out over what actions your character caused onto others because that is YOUR character, the characters thoughts are what drives the roleplay, do not let your own override it. It brings out a lot more fun than you realize once you accept that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom