Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ba'slanar, Kestri!

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | B'yaim Haar Cabur - Memorial Hall
| Objective | Welcome a new warrior into the Clan

Time and time again, Jenn had found herself hurrying left and right to put out fires - for the Enclave, for her Clan, and for herself. But no matter how much she gave, there was always more to attend to - so much more, enough for her to drown herself into. And, in the end, she came to realize just who was setting these fires, and that she could not save the burning building. All she could do was save those she could from the raging inferno.

The woman before her was one such soul. A warrior who came to her in the wake of her rejection of the Crusade after the raid in the Inner Rim, seeking a different path for herself. And now, here she was, kneeling before an ancient statue of a hero from times long past, brandishing the Darksaber high above her head, and faced with the Alor of Clan Kryze. Jenn, the would-be Reformer, whose sheer will had seen a Clan in decline reborn under a new creed.

"Zorana Belaya", spoke the Alor to the woman before her, those who called themselves hers friends or acquaintances standing behind her in a half-circle. "You have proven yourself a driven woman, a cunning warrior, and above all, a devoted pursuer of Mandalorian honor. A valued Protector of the Mandalorian Enclave. And the time has come for you to choose. Do you swear to uphold the values of Clan Kryze? To let Truth, Justice and Honor guide your acts?"

The Alor's voice echoed within the Memorial Hall, each and every word so very full of meaning. An oath made before one's Alor, and beneath the gaze of a statue of a Mand'alor of the Clan... would invite only ruin upon Zorana, if she ever broke this sacred promise. She was not the first to be inducted into Clan Kryze since its resurgence, but she would be the last - if only in this chapter of its history.

DnA0tMA.png

"I swear."

The words were spoken without hesitation, full commitment, and knowing what would happen if she were to break these vows. For years, Zorana had raided under one banner, but recent conflict and peculiar encounters had changed her perspective. She needed a new direction, and in that journey, found another who felt the same. A Mandalorian who she could stand behind, knowing they wouldn't sacrifice their values.

Zorana Belaya was no more.

Blue eyes shifted up to meet Jenn's gaze, and Zorana offered a dip of her head to affirm her choice. She was going to need time to adapt and accept her new direction, but she would give her life to fight for this cause. She also had the trust that Jenn would do the same, and it was that trust she needed to follow this leader.

Now, she was curious about what the future may hold.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | B'yaim Haar Cabur - Memorial Hall
| Objective | Welcome a new warrior into the Clan

Jenn gave but an approving nod in the face of such conviction, her own demeanor exhuding a calm, unhurried sense of confidence - ever the picture of a collected leader, bringing clarity to many in these troubled times. No matter what Zorana had done under the aegis of the Mandalorian Enclave and its crusading ways, the Alor of Clan Kryze believed in second chances, and redemption - for she, too, had once placed her faith in fire and beskar over heart and will. The once-crusader's words hung in the air, followed by naught but silence, as if the Alor before her sought to let them carry on over to the Manda, and the judgement of the heroic Mand'alor of a time long past. She, too, had misplaced her faith and led their people to defeat: but Jenn made a point of revering her for her unending drive to learn from those mistakes and see the Mando'ade united once more.

"Then you are Zorana Belaya no longer, Crusader of the Mandalorian Enclave. Arise, Zorana, as a warrior of Clan Kryze." Words spoken calmly and with effortless authority, but without pomp. Although such a moment was certainly a pivotal point in the warrior's life, Jenn rejected needlessly vain and ostentatious displays, and so did her Clan as a result.

It was a shame, for them to leave the statue behind, but Jenn was, while mindful of the glorious past of her people, practical. If elements of this heritage ever became a burden, why would they hold on to them? The path was clear to all those who assembled under her banner: it was time for change. As the newest addition to the Clan rose from the ground, all those assembled showed their acceptance of a new sister among their ranks: fists were brought over to hearts with respects, some lifted them in the air instead, and a few even called out "Oya!" most cheerfully.

"Now, all of you, make one last check around our home, and ensure everything is prepared. I must speak with Zorana."

The assembled vode of the Clan obeyed, leaving the Memorial Hall - some of them clapping Zorana's shoulder before they left, or congratulating her on joining the Clan. Before long, Jenn was left all alone with the fierce warrior, turning her gaze towards the statue towering over the both of them.

"We have salvaged all that we could. The time will soon come for us to meet with the Alliance, and hand the Senator over to them." There was a pause, then, as she turned her helmet-clad head towards this new sibling in beskar. "I do not trust the Galactic Alliance - but I will not throw lives away needlessly. You will stand by my side as we proceed with the exchange. I expect restraint on your part, should they try to provoke us, but if they reject our good will and spring an ambush, then... you will join me in paying these arrogant fools the wage of treachery. Are you up to the task?"

B'yaim Haar Cabur,
Inuyahya'baar, Kestri's Moon.

Varys Amun sat across from the prisoner, drumming on her thighs absentmindedly. Ostensibly she was there to help her buir, Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze . In reality, Varys was bored out of her skull, she had already packed up her meagre possessions, and had run out of other people who would talk to her on the base. Besides, she wanted to get a better idea of what an Alliance Senator looked like. So far, the stories she had heard of extravagant wealth, unfettered greed, and extraordinary corruption seemed overblown. Alicio Organa seemed quite unremarkable. Better dressed than Varys would expect for a prisoner, but otherwise like anyone else. Then again, the man had a beskad hanging over his head at all times, so that didn't really tell her much.

"Gar jorhaa'ir Mando'a? You speak Mando'a?" Varys asked the man. She doubted he would, even though it was a simple language few made the effort to learn the language of the Mandalorian people. Varys spoke Basic well enough, but the vowels felt unnatural rolling off her tongue. Mando'a was home.

The pair were seated some distance apart in a large circular room on one of the upper floors of B'yaim Haar Cabur, Home of the Protectors, that was usually used for storing snow gear, converted into a waiting room for the purposes of this exchange. Alicio had been given a simple metal chair brought up from a lower floor, Varys sat on the floor, arms folded over her knees, having tired of standing once she'd realised Jenn would be longer than a few minutes.

Midmorning light poured in from slit windows near the ceiling. They had already been here hours. De te Ka'ra, she was so bored. Part of her wanted just to ask someone else to cover for her and just go back to her quarters, but Varys knew Jenn wanted her here, so she resisted, and instead turned her attention back to the prisoner.

"Mirci't." Varys addressed the prisoner. "What do you think of me?" she asked him, apropos of nothing. To her, it wasn't a loaded question. She just wanted to know. "Not as in just me. I mean us. I've been told my whole life the entire Galaxy hates Mando'ade. Is that true?"

Her past days in B'yaim Haar Cabur had showed Varys that the simple picture of the Galaxy that had been painted for her on Dantooine was actually much more complex. Varys had come to realise she knew shockingly little about the Galaxy and her place in it. It couldn't hurt to do some digging while she waited.

Alicio had been treated more like a guest than a prisoner in his time above B'yaim Haar Cabur.

He was afforded an impressive amount of freedom. Jenn had allowed him his datapad, though he'd refrained from using the Holonet, per their request. The majority of his time in Mandalorian space was spent in front of the screen, either writing up speeches, or looking at pictures of his family. He could never regret fighting to save lives... but he did miss Amani, August, and Liana terribly.

The rest of his time was spent speaking with the members of Clan Kryze. He hadn't gotten far with many of them; all were wary of him, the worst were aggressive. But none laid a hand against him, per their Alor's orders. Some, he'd even managed pleasant conversation with. Talked about family. Commiserated. Grieved together.

"Gar jorhaa'ir Mando'a? You speak Mando'a?"

Alicio thought a moment, and tossed around some syllables in his head. "Nayc," he finally said, shaking his head. "Both of my sisters are language-learning prodigies. I wasn't so lucky."

The Alderaanian offered a small smile, despite the Mando's impassive tone. He sat on the chair, finally changed into his own wardrobe again. He'd been given simple clothes for his stay to get his senate blacks cleaned, but he far preferred his own long cape.

The Count gave Varys a curious look as she asked her next questions. His eyes, grey and piercing like her mother's, seemed to peer past her armor, and into the soul beneath. And he asked a question in return.

"Why shouldn't they?"

- Varys Amun Varys Amun -

DnA0tMA.png

The moment that Zorana began to rise, she was a new woman, sworn into a new clan. A new family, with a new home. She managed just a faint smile at the thought, and looked at her brothers and sisters around her. Perhaps more than the oath she just took, Zorana knew she'd remain true to her words because she didn't want to disappoint them. She was a warrior, a protective one for her people, and she'd burn the Galaxy down to protect them if that's what needed to happen.

"Thank you for welcoming me in to your clan," Zorana said once the official part of the ceremony was over. A simple gesture, perhaps, but one she felt was important. Too many took what they had for granted, and Zorana had now learned that it wasn't always so easy.

She needed to stay true to who she really was, surrounded by the right people.

Jenn then urged the others to go through their final checks, and led Zorana away to speak privately. The blonde was eager to start working for her clan, so there was no hiding the excitement she felt within. "That won't be a problem," Zorana said, before one question came to mind. "If they attack us, I will defend us and kill them for their betrayal."

"But what of the senator, should they choose to fight for him?"

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | B'yaim Haar Cabur
| Objective | Planning and
mindfulness

Zorana's eagerness to serve the clan was met with yet another nod. A simple gesture, but one that spoke of the Alor's satisfaction... and her pride, too. "You have proven yourself to us as someone deserving of bearing our colors and our sigil. I have no doubt that you will keep on impressing me." There was... a small measure of warmth in her voice, now. Normally calm and composed, she always allowed some measure of emotion to drift to the surface when it came to the matter of clan - or that of family.

When Zorana spoke of Alicio, the matriarch of Clan Kryze was left to ponder, if for but a moment. Although she held some key disagreements with him, Jenn respected the Senator, perhaps even sympathized with him and his desire to be reunited with his wife and children. But, in the end, her features grew harsh, and she buried all fondness she held for the man beneath a thick layer of professionalism. There was no room for sentimentality when it came to the situation presented by this new sister in arms.

"He is touched by the Manda, and will doubtlessly employ it to benefit his allies. If I must choose between the life of a valuable prisoner and that of one of my own, then I will always choose the latter. Should they spring an ambush, then I will do what I must and kill him before he can become a nuisance. Your task will be to eliminate anyone in the immediate vicinity."

A cold sentence to pass, to be sure, but her voice carried the same authority as ever. There were times when Jenn allowed input and criticism from her subordinates, but now was not one such time. Turning around, she began to step towards the exit of the memorial hall, trying her best not to linger on all that they were leaving behind. Outside, the rest of the warriors awaited her, informing that all other sections had been checked for leftover equipment, before they turned off the electronics and sealed the doors behind them. Before long, they were all piled up in the elevator, slowly taking them up to the surface.

skin, bone, and arrogance

dyrn_new_spacer1.png

Galactic Alliance Defense Force vessels hurtled at speeds faster than light towards their rendezvous with destiny -- or with Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze and her merry band of beskar'gam bastards, at any rate. The Alliance's personnel were quietly efficient, bustling aboard their ships to ensure the operation went off smoothly. Their guest, Senator Natasi Fortan, tried her best to stay out of their way and keep to herself. Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr was aboard as well, part minder, part security, but Natasi did not wish to inflict her presence upon him and thus left it up to the military man whether to seek her or not. Perhaps he would find it a more efficient use of his time to prepare in case the Mandalorians they were going to meet would need to be smacked around.

Natasi understood that Jedi Amani Serys Amani Serys was also accompanying the group; she didn't know the Jedi, but she could imagine any wife being anxious about the danger being faced by her husband. The Senator wanted to express her sympathy, her gratitude, but embarrassment kept her to herself. Amani's husband was in danger for Natasi's sake. What could Natasi possibly say?

Natasi found herself returning to the cargo hold, though, time and again standing at the head of the four rows of two wooden crates, leaning on the black wood Galidraani walking stick with its gilded lion's head handle. She was dressed simply, in a high-necked dark sapphire blouse and matching form-fitting trousers with black boots and a knee-length black coat. Natasi wore a blaster strapped to her thigh and a blade in her boot. She didn't expect to survive a violent tussle with the Alor of Clan Kryze, but Natasi had studied enough Mandalorian armor enough to recognize that, like any armor, there were soft points, weaknesses...

Opportunities.

If Natasi didn't survive, she was determined that Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze wouldn't either.

The Senator surveyed the hold. It felt almost funereal; flags draping these crates would not have looked out of place. Symbolic, perhaps, of the cost of war. The crates were almost coffin-like. She had overseen their packing herself, seen that they were handled gently and respectfully. Each packed in organic cushioning material so it wouldn't rattle around, each with the helmet facing up, the rest of the pieces packed as if a body was within it.

If only, Natasi thought dryly, her fingers tightening on the head of the cane. If it weren't for the fact that Senator Alicio Organa Alicio Organa was in the Mandalorians' custody, Natasi would have been happy to pack each of the crates with a thermonuclear device and send it off to Jenn Kryze and her little friends with her compliments.

That's only vaguely genocidal, she chided herself. For her entire life Natasi had tried to maintain peace. Peace between her father and her brother. Peace between her family and her aunt. Peace between the Galactic Alliance and the First Order. Peace between the Sith Imperials and her beloved Galidraan. All spectacular failures, despite her best efforts. But she couldn't quite bring herself to hope for peace between the Alliance and these Mandalorians. Their disregard for civilization was galling; it made her stomach burn with fury. Still, she ought to draw a line at genocide.

Oughtn't she?

Shaking her head, Natasi strode down the central corridor between the two halves of crates.

Her Senate colleagues were right; they were rewarding the Mandalorians for their poor behavior. They were right about other things, too: that sixteen sets of armor for Senator Organa's return was a bargain at twice the price, and that even half that number was too much to pay for Natasi's ransom. The political genius Alicio Organa had displayed in this manner was impressive; she was ashamed that she had underestimated him at first for his youth. He was very likely the future of the Alliance, she though. It was absolutely critical to get him back.

Natasi only hoped they would arrive in time.

Last edited:

"Nayc, Both of my sisters are language-learning prodigies. I wasn't so lucky."

Varys wasn't surprised to hear that the man did not speak Mando'a. What interested her was what he said about his sisters. Language-learning prodiges. She pictured what it would be like to do the same thing. Master the tongues of other worlds and peoples, listening in on conversations not meant for her ears.

She considered it a great disadvantage for Alicio that he did not speak the language of the Mandalorian people. They would be able to talk circles around him, while exchanging only the formalities in Basic.

"Why shouldn't they?"

"Tch. So it is true." Varys said with satisfaction.

Alicio's gaze unnerved Varys, like he knew something she didn't, but she considered the man's own question without prejudice, and decided she had an answer. She knew debating with a Senator was fraught territory, and It was hard to draw on a history she did not know well. But Varys couldn't help herself, so she borrowed from words her birth mother had told her one evening at her home on Dantooine, before things had gone bad.

"Because we are more than one thing. Mando'ade are not the Enclave only, we are a family. If one person in a family wrongs you, it does not mean all the rest are your enemy." Varys knew this to be true. It had to be, else Varys herself was Dar'manda. A traitor. "This is true of all people, yet we are painted with one brush."

A datapad on Varys' wrist chirped. Finally. She stood up with a grunt and looked back over to Alicio.

"They are coming up." said Varys. "You will go home soon."

Outfit: Armour
Equipment: Blaster Rifle, Blaster pistols x2, thermal detonators x3, vibroblade
Tags: Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Varys Amun Varys Amun | Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze | Zorana Zorana | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Amani Serys Amani Serys

With his helmet on the desk, Tarw focused on the disassembled rifle that was on the table, his eyes scanning over each individual component and mentally visualising where each component went and what it was meant to do. The soldier was getting more and more used to his new weapons, treating them as an extension of himself. Slowly, he began to piece the weapon back into place. His meticulous movements were showing the development he had gained for his time working towards being the marine he was now.

Being here, on the vessel, it was not ideal. Tarw had been hoping for assignments that put him in the thick of it. On the very frontier of every war. Utilising his combat prowess and pushing his skills to the limits that they had.

He was desperate to show he was worthy of being the best.

For now, he had to guard some diplomats and ensure a mission went smoothly. And if things went bad, protect the senators with his life. Though he doubted that much would go wrong, it seemed to be the type of mission that was needing to be smooth and easy, otherwise the lasting consequences could be preventing any peace talks in the future.

Double checking his weapon was appropriate, he holster his pistols, sheathed his vibroblade and hung the rifle over his back. Grabbing his helmet and studying it for a long moment. "First mission as a marine, dad. Hopefully do you proud." A small whisper before he put his helmet on and clicked it into place.

Heading out of his room, Tarw began to locate Senator Fortan, she was the one he was meant to be protecting. Walking around the ship, he didn't interact much with the other crewmen, focused on his mission. Tarw located the senator and sped his walk slightly and saluted. "Senator Fortan. Tarw Rhyfelwr at your service. Anything you need me to do?" Formal and completely resolved to do his duty to the best of his abilities.

DnA0tMA.png

"I will not disappoint." Zorana was very clear about that. This chance meant everything to her, and the success of this mission especially could play a huge part in the conflict. Any wrong move would further strain relations between the Mandalorians and Alliance, and perhaps make it impossible for this war to end without total annihilation of either side.

She didn't want to find out which side would prevail in that war.

Jenn then replied to her question about the senator, and both her tone and body language made it clear that it wasn't up for discussion. Not that it bothered Zorana — she merely wanted to know which target to prioritize if things went wrong. Killing those who'd betray them was a far more rewarding than handling the senator.

"Understood, I'm ready for the exchange." She dipped her head one last time, then quietly followed after Jenn, armored up and ready to go.

Through some kind of magic, Alicio had managed to work out a deal with the Mandalorians. Amani couldn't help but smirk to herself thinking about it. Of course he did. The man just had a certain way with words. Not only had he worked out a deal, but a rather generous one for the Alliance. A few sets of armor was all it took to complete the exchange.

The Chief Healer was undoubtedly nervous; Her husband was being held captive by ruthless warriors who Amani herself painted with a broad stroke. By all reason, this should have gone worse; But in their connection, across the vastness of space that separated them, she felt no anguish. No pain. Alicio was, seemingly, fine. And it's not like he went off on this escapade without her consent; Alicio had consulted with Amani before it all went down. They had contingencies in place, now unneeded, if everything went as planned. With all that knowledge, she could maintain a demeanor of calm.

Now they just had to get him back. And if the Mandalorians held honor as highly as they claimed, then they should have nothing to worry about.

"Tch. So it is true."

The corner of Alicio's mouth twisted up. "More true than false."

A moment of introspection from the Mandalorian was met by a similar expression from the Count. She took the time to answer his question with thoughtful honesty, and that was appreciated. Alicio lingered on each of her words, giving her answer as much time as she had taken for his question.

It was a tricky thing, to find someone's center from a single answer. But he thought he came closer to understanding.

"They paint with one brush because the Mando'ade have given them one color to use." Alicio was still, even as his eyes conveyed understanding. Acceptance, despite his rhetoric. "How could they know you have more? Only red has been thrown into the galaxy's face. We couldn't color your people with anything else, if we wanted to."

Varys was quick to stand, and Alicio stood alongside her, his smirk faltering. "Good," he said, letting his hands disappear within his cloak. "I've appreciated my time here, but... I miss my family."

- Varys Amun Varys Amun - Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze - Zorana Zorana - Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan - Amani Serys Amani Serys - Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr -

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Neutral Space
| Objective | Say goodbye, and begin the handover

"I know you will", answered the Alor simply in the face of Zorana's confident assertion. Before long, the command squad were piled up in the elevator... and, with one last look at their home, Jenn gave Henryk a nod, prompting the Alor'ad to push the button, closing the doors as the lights of the atrium dimmed, then left the entire underground section of B'yaim Haar Cabur in darkness. By comparison, the snow outside was well and truly blinding, in truth! No matter the melancholy she felt in such a moment, Jenn knew it was far too late to walk back now. A decision had been made, for better or worst, and now was the time to follow it through.

Asking Varys to keep an eye on Alicio was both meant to distract her daughter and to ensure that the good Senator remained oblivious to what went on for as long as possible. With the vehicle bay emptied and the landing pad all but clear as well, it was time to wrap things up and make for the rendezvous point. "Karrys, get the ship fired up and ready to leave. Henryk, once we reach orbit, hand me the remote. Ko'ren, keep an eye out for anyone come sniffing about. Zorana, you're with me."

With her orders given, she was quick to head on over to link up with Varys and the prisoner left under her care, the sight of the empty room giving her pause. Once upon a time, it had been... filled to the brim with snow gear, meant for trips around Inuyahya'baar. Now, it was all but empty, with naught but a figure clad in ceremonial armor and a man in senate blacks. Frowning behind her visor, the Alor found herself suddenly reminded that she was yet to get her daughter her own beskar'gam: in the chaos of the past few weeks, all manner of matters had demanded her attention, and now, here they were.

"Senator Organa. Ner'ad. The time has come for us to make for the handover - follow me, if you would." There was nothing more for her to add, even though she found herself rather curious of what the two might have spoken about. She could always ask Varys later, if she cared to share: the last thing she wanted was to demand something of her daughter. Jenn would sooner bring shame upon herself and lose her right to call herself Mandalorian than turn into what Lyka had been to Varys.

It was not long before they were all aboard the dropship, leaving their home for what would be the final time... and, as they made it out of the planet's atmosphere, Henryk handed her a small remote, just as she had asked him. Jenn contemplated it in silence as the ship docked aboard the Enduring Flame, lost in thought. Inhaling deeply as they disembarked onto the light frigate, she removed the plastic cover from the red button... and slammed her thumb down onto it.

And when she did, the Air Control Tower of B'yaim Haar Cabur returned to life, spreading its message to Kestri. The Alor felt no regret.

The future beckoned, and clan Kryze would answer the call where others chose to shy away from the light.

Hyperspace offered Jenn a chance at introspection. As the Alor of her clan, it was up to her to make difficult decisions, and in so doing, provide a sense of direction for those who flocked under her banner. But if she happened to make a mistake, then... the failure would affect more than merely herself. As soon as the Enduring Flame blinked out of hyperspace, Jenn drew up battle plans for the ship - and the reinforcements that soon arrived. They would never be able to meet an Alliance fleet in terms of tonnage and weapons: in a heavyweight fight, the Mandalorians would be smashed apart... but Jenn had no intent to fight fair against an enemy who outnumbered and outgunned her people.

Although the Enduring Flame was the only ship of the makeshift fleet with the shields and armament to stand toe-to-toe with the best the Alliance had to offer, the other ships under her command had been prepared as best she could with a limited budget: repurposed freighters who were, while not quite bristling with armaments, repurposed to hold an impressive amount of squadrons within their new hangars. If it came down to it, it would all come down to starfighters opening a corridor for heavy gunships to board: only by making a space battle into a ground game could they ever hope to win.

"I want the Ioklos and the Kasylla on our flanks! Keep the Rajendra in reserve! Come on, vode, we only have so much time to get this done!"

And they did. While the Crusaders of the Mandalorian Enclave were busy laying waste to Vandelhelm, the near-entirety of clan Kryze took the opportunity to slip away from Kestri with everything they could carry from their reserves, from humble blasters to fearsome walkers. If everything went according to plan, there would be no need for a deployment of troops on her part, but if the Alliance chose treachery, then...

Jenn would see every last one of their marines burn to ensure the future of her clan.

"You get targeting solutions primed as soon as we got visuals, and I want pilots in every last Xandu we've got ready for my order. Varys, Zorana, Henryk, Ko'ren, Ruusaan, Yngvi, you are my command squad - keep your blasters ready and the Senator under close watch. Should I fall, Henryk will take command."

skin, bone, and arrogance

dyrn_new_spacer1.png

Natasi turned when her minder, Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr , located her. She offered him a polite smile and ducked a brief bow in response to his salute. "Good to have you with us, Mr. Rhyfelwr," she told him, and beckoned for him to join by her side. "This can't be a terribly thrilling assignment, but I can assure you the potential for excitement is... limitless." She put her hands in her pockets, gathering her coat around her. She dearly hoped that the exchange would not come to blows, but she was glad to have the Galactic Alliance's finest with them to oversee things. It was better to be safe than to be sorry.

The Senator was about to ask the trooper a little more about himself when a steward approached. "Senator, the Captain asked me to inform you we're coming up on the rendezvous point. We'll be dropping from hyperspace in about -- " He glanced at his chrono " -- a little over a minute, now, if you'd like to join him on the bridge."

"Thank you," Natasi said. "Will you please be sure our Master Jedi is aware?" The steward nodded and went on his way to inform Amani Serys Amani Serys . Natasi turned to Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr . "Would you accompany me to the bridge? I'd like to discuss strategy." As she led the way along the corridor, Natasi laid out her wishes: "If anything should happen, you are to secure Senator Organa and get him safely away. Anything else -- including possession of the beskar'gam or my own safety -- is absolutely secondary to that primary objective."

She entered the turbolift, touched the controls, and the lift rocketed. "Senator Organa's safety is absolutely paramount, not just for this mission, but for the sake of the Galactic Alliance itself. I'm sure Master Serys will be happy to aid you in that endeavor." The elevator slowed, and the door opened onto the bridge. "If you have any questions, now is the time," she told Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr pleasantly.

A minute later, Natasi felt an internal lurch and the ship dropped out of hyperspace. "Shields up at maximum," the Captain barked. "Warm up our batteries... just in case. Ready the fighters to scramble on my mark. Get me firing solutions as soon as we're in range. Ah -- Senator Fortan -- instructions?"

Natasi folded her hands behind her back and inclined her head. "You have everything in hand, Captain. Would you be so kind as to get the Alor Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze on comms, please?" Natasi asked the Captain. "Tell her we need visual evidence of Senator Organa's safety and wellbeing before we will begin the exchange."

"Very good," the Captain said, turning to his comms officer. "Hail them. Ask for the Alor."

"They paint with one brush because the Mando'ade have given them one color to use. How could they know you have more? Only red has been thrown into the galaxy's face. We couldn't color your people with anything else, if we wanted to."

Varys reeled at Alicio's answer, and she felt a familiar anger stirring in her gut. He knew she was right, but he breezed past what she was actually saying to reframe it against her. It was so senatorial. In the back of her mind Varys knew that what he was saying had some truth, but in her annoyance she could hardly reckon with his argument.

She opened her mouth to spit out a heated reply, but the turbolift opened and Jenn Kryze stepped out alongside a new Mandalorian Varys did not know well. Varys stopped talking, stood up straight and brought a fist to her chest in a salute as they approached. Instantly, she switched from Basic to her native Mando'a.

"Buir. Vi tsikala slanar. Naas sirbur."

Mother. We're ready to go. Nothing to report.

Varys looked at Alicio, wondering if the man was thrown now he did not know what was being said. She decided he probably wasn't. He would not have got this far without a cool head.

"Senator Organa. Ner'ad. The time has come for us to make for the handover - follow me, if you would."

Varys inclined her head in acknowledgement and took her place at the rear of the party. Excitement stirred in her gut. Being child of the Alor, she was realising, did come with a few advantages. Those advantages paled in comparison to the frosty dispositions and sometimes outright hostility from other Mando'ade, but Varys took what she could get, and in this case, her position gave her the privilege of watching this exchange take place.

She followed along, content just to observe, and also feeling that it was not her place to contribute. The dropship again took them up to The Enduring Flame, and Varys silently gripped the seats as they ascended. Once aboard, the ship was a flurry of activity, with clan Kryze preparing their defences for if, Stars forbid it, the negotiations broke down into fighting.

"You get targeting solutions primed as soon as we got visuals, and I want pilots in every last Xandu we've got ready for my order. Varys, Zorana, Henryk, Ko'ren, Ruusaan, Yngvi, you are my command squad - keep your blasters ready and the Senator under close watch. Should I fall, Henryk will take command."

Varys' heart swelled at the Alor's words. It was amazing, to be treated with such respect by her betters. Even if wider Mando'ade had little regard for her, Jenn would always treat her well.

"Elek, Alor. Mhi tsikala akaanir meh ru'liniba."
Yes, Alor. We are ready to fight if needed.

Varys unclipped her blaster pistol from its holster at her waist, ready to grab if needed. She had never used a pistol before, but an hour or two on the range had meant she could use the weighty weapon passably, and that was all that was required right now. She lingered at the back of the squad once again, waiting for the Alliance party to board.

DnA0tMA.png

"I'm with you."

From that point forward, Zorana remained rather quiet. She understood what this departure meant, both for their prisoner, and for their own future. Leaving Kestri was no easy decision to make, and could get them in trouble with the people who lived here. The people who were on a war path once more. Zorana no longer cared, and would rather live away in exile from those she once considered her people, than contribute to their war machine even more.

There were other, fare more important battles worth fighting.

Together with Jenn and the others, she soon met up with Varys, who had been with the senator while she was being sworn into the clan. The raven-haired man looked a little skinny for her taste, a conclusion she drew after looking him over, but his sense of fashion was at least respectable.

Now, it was time to bring him home.

"I will be ready if someone decides to cause trouble," Zorana then replied in response to Jenn's orders. She doubted that someone would attack them with the senator so close, but she'd be ready if they did.

Nobody was going to trick her today.

Outfit: Armour
Equipment: Blaster Rifle, Blaster pistols x2, thermal detonators x3, vibroblade
Tags: Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze | Varys Amun Varys Amun | Zorana Zorana | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Nodding his head, he was more than happy to talk strategy about their approach to the meeting. The Mandalorians were meant to be honourable people so an agreed trade should be honoured, but Tarw didn't see the honour in an empire, killing those who refused to submit and forcing people to flee their homes. It was what made Tarw wonder where the honour was in these Enclave types and while he did not take the Mandalorian path like his mother and her side, he felt a deep connection to them. He also felt he held some knowledge and understanding to how they thought and operated.

But people were fickle and he couldn't rely on that too hard.

"If those are your orders, Senator Fortan, then I will follow them." Tarw was not of any significant rank or experience to be arguing with a senator on how this mission should operate. He didn't believe personally in leaving people behind, he would rather put his life on the line to ensure they all got home safely. However, he was not going to disobey an order and risk court marshal or never allowed on important missions again.

Shaking his head, "no questions, just a determination to ensure this mission is a success and to ensure everyone gets home safe." Tarw stated firmly, he was keeping a relaxed demeanour as he stood in the lift with the senator.

Walking onto the bridge, Tarw stood behind the senator and observed the operations of the command deck. Seeing a large ship's command in full action was always an impressive sight of organisation.

Amani was extracted from her thoughts by the arrival of the aide who had been sent to notify her, "Thank you. I'll join the others soon," She nodded gratefully, and soon after left for the bridge.

Turbolift doors slid open, and the Jedi stepped out, her composure calm, though tinged with an underlying alertness as she walked over beside Natasi. She gave the Senator a nod, letting her and the Captain get things set up, before their negotiations could begin properly. Though something Fortan said did catch Amani by surprise, "Jenn Kryze?" The Chief Healer repeated. She knew the name, and she felt a contrasting growth of relief, and ire. "Jenn Kryze is who we're dealing with?" Given their previous interaction, Jenn seemed among the more reasonable Mandalorians out there. But she also had Amani's husband hostage, and knowing that their paths were crossing again under these circumstances had in many ways soured her opinion further.

"Think they'll play along like they promised?"
Amani murmured. She trusted Alicio's capabilities, and knew still that he was safe. But that didn't mean the Enclave couldn't pull the rug out at the last second.

Varys seemed to take his words with at least a little offense. He wasn't prying, per se, but he could certainly feel the white-hot anger suddenly radiate from the Mandalorian. His words had irked her. Which was, in an odd way, a good thing.

He would take a show of emotion over her being dispassionate and uncaring. If only he could have followed up, understood what had gotten her upset with him.

Instead, he sensed the immediate arrival of Jenn and another helmed warrior, turning to the door a second before it slid open. "Alor Kryze," he returned, head ticking down in respect. He was happy to see her. If nothing else, Jenn's arrival heralded his return home. He flicked his eyes toward Varys after she spoke, an appreciative look in his eye. "Thank you for the company."

He did mean it, despite their interaction's brevity, and tension. Isolation agreed with him more than the average politician, but he still needed conversation. To stave off the loneliness.

Like a shadow on the wall, Alicio followed behind the procession, noting the sheer size of Clan Kryze's exodus. He hadn't been made aware of what was happening, but he had his guesses, as he stepped onto the gunship, and remained under the watchful eye of the Protectors. There he remained, a silent observer, his stare passive, his stance simple.

Then, they were on their way. Alicio let the Alor bark out her orders, before releasing an observation into thin air.

"Clan Kryze is leaving Kestri."

- Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze - Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan - Varys Amun Varys Amun - Zorana Zorana - Tarw Rhyfelwr Tarw Rhyfelwr - Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom