Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Basilisk-class Interdiction Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
store_large.jpg
RSI_Mantis_Hasgaha_3.7_2019-11-06.png

• Intent: To create small scale interdiction fighters
  • Image Source: Star Citizen Wiki
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
  • Affiliation: The Sith Order
  • Market Status: Open-Market
  • Model: Basilisk-class Interdiction Fighter
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, Ablative Duraplast, Reinforced Transparisteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Interdiction/Superiority Fighter
  • Length: 30m
  • Width: 17m
  • Height: 8m
  • Armament: Very High (Low w/ SLAM)
  • Defenses: High
    • Durasteel
    • Ablative Duraplast
    • Reinforced Transparisteel
    • Shields
  • Squadron Count: Very Low: 4
  • Maneuverability Rating: High (Average w/ SLAM)
  • Speed Rating: High (Extreme w/ SLAM)
  • Hyperdrive: 2.0
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Chimera Shadow Garden: The Gravity Well Generator that the Basilisk is equipped with prevents ships from jumping away when activated. This makes the Basilisk a perfect harrier craft, as it can eliminate escape routes. Additionally, the Basilisk's droid brain can communicate with other Basilisk ships to form an optimized mass shadow. Should many ships combine generators in this way, they can form a much larger mass shadow which can enable them to pull ships out of a hyperspace jump.

• Versatile Turret: While the ion cannon is primarily a point defense weapon, it works a bit below it's paygrade as the turret can deal effective ionizing damage to enemy fighters

• Smart Ship: The Basilisk's integrated Droid Brain can function as an astromech would, running diagnostic scans, assist in targeting, fight fires, and operate the ion turret. Furthermore, the droid brain can calculate hyperspace jumps without a dedicated nav-droid and function as true auto-pilot during both non-combat and combat situations, if desired.

• Elite Containment Shielding: Containment Shield generators are placed strategically around key bulkheads throughout the ship to mitigate the spread of damage.

WEAKNESSES
  • Big Pond: Due to the limited size of the fighter, the actual mass shadow created by the ship's generator is not very big and requires multiple ships to assume a formation to make a mass shadow big enough to pull a ship out of hyperspace. The most practical use for a single fighter is to prevent a ship from entering hyperspace, but this requires the Basilisk to actively be engaged in a dogfight with the target.

• Sub-Standard Hyperdrive: The Gravity Well Generator equipped on the Basilisk draws a lot of energy and takes up a lot of space. As a result, a slower Class 2 hyperdrive had to be installed.

• Poor Firing Arcs: The Tomral and Plasburst cannons are forward mounted guns, they cannot target behind the ship. The ventral turret can pick up some slack due to being a high powered weapon, while the tail battery is a close range weapon sacrificing damage for rate of fire. The Basilisk's biggest weakness is the rear.

• System Cannibalization: To maximize SLAM speeds, the Basilisk must completely shut down the Gravity Well Generator and draw power from the frontal weapons. Additionally, it loses maneuverability at the unusually high speed.
DESCRIPTION
The Basilisk-class Interdictor Fighter, while officially classified as an interdictor ship, is built from the ground up to be a multi-role fighter. Overall, the Basilisk is above average in size for a ship in its class, bringing down squad size. However, it is one of the most well-rounded ships on the market. It can intercept with best in class speed via SLAM, interdict with its Gravity Well Generator, and act as a superiority fighter with high powered missile and cannon options. A menacing harrier craft on its own and a terror in a swarm, the Basilisk class promises to enable skilled pilots to win battles.

Last edited:
Hi, Halkin au Kazamir Halkin au Kazamir

Welcome to the site and the factory, for your first submission this is actually really good. I'm impressed, there are a few little issues for us to run through before I approve this.

1) Image

While the images are of the ship from Star Citizen, the images you used are actually from the Star Citizen Wiki. Please can you update the image credit accordingly.​

2) Manufacturer Link

According to the template:​

Please ensure you link these accordingly.

I have provided the link to the wookie page on Kuat here. Please add it to the field accordingly.​

3) Affiliation

You also need to provide a link to the faction which the fighter is affiliated with. The Sith Empire is an old retired faction, do you mean that they're meant for The Sith Order?​

4) Mass Shadow Generator

The ability to pull ships out of hyperspace is not a technology which is available at mass production.​

Particularly rare or powerful special features will necessitate using a lower level of production, such as stealth or anti stealth technologies (for example: cloaking technology, personal cloaking devices, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, moon dust, ), or rare canon technologies (for example: Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainers, etc) and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi-Unique production.

It was a rare canon technology, not a widespread one, and so should only really be included on submissions at the semi-unique or unique level. If you have reason to believe otherwise, I'd be happy to hear your reasoning, otherwise, please reduce the production level to semi-unique.​
However, the Mass Shadow Generator is different from the Grav Well Generator which you have provided a link to. The Mass Shadow Generator is a super weapon according to the wookie page, and as such is not allowed. Superweapons may only be subbed for Anihalations, or for staff run events with the permission of a member of site staff. Please correct the wording.​

As far as SLAM goes, you were actually too conservative in your workings by one rating, I'll leave it up to you if you want to adjust it or not.

These are mostly small things, but if you could please look over my notes and tag me back once you've made the adjustments accordingly.

Last edited:
Thank you for the praise and for looking this over John Locke John Locke !

1) Done, sorry about that

2) Done, thank you

3) OOPS yeah got the names wrong lol that's on me

4) By mass shadow generator I just meant something that generates a mass shadow, but Revan's antics ended up making the naming confusing, sorry. The device has been altered to "Gravity Well Generator," production has been altered to Semi-Unique, and stats and technology have been altered to reflect the higher end value. I know the SLAM stats are still quite low but I like the idea of the slam jets having to draw on the weapons lolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom