Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balancing Shadows.

Nate Seo

N
He looked to her and tilted his head. Thinking about her words as he nodded his head. "Define your version of freedom?" he finally asked her. As he opened his eyes and tilted his head. He supposed [member="Lady Kay"] had a fair set of points. He was pretty sure she had more experience in life then he had. At least based on what apparently she'd done within her past to this point. "As well as what do you do now?" he asked her curiously. As he sat up and stood beginning to pace around the place.

It took him a few minutes of pacing. To finally settle back down in his seat. As he looked to her and tilted his head. Wandering what she would also want to know about himself. As well as he questioned what things he would be willing to offer. He couldn't lie at all. Though he could say he wasn't interesting in talking about something. Should something come about he didn't wish to explain. Though thinking about it there was very little he wasn't going to offer for information about himself.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay blinked as he asked what her version of freedom was. Her version? That was an odd way of putting it. "Freedom is...the ability to make your own choices and not be forced into them. Freedom is to have the ability to change your mind and not get punished for it, to live and work without chains or fear of execution."

Now for [member="Nate Seo"] 's next question. That one was a bit easier. "I am now the Minister of Diplomacy for the Free Colonies. Basically I travel a lot, building contracts, allies and a little bit of stability in the Outer Rim. The Free Colonies is small, and that has worked to our advantage so far. We easily slip past the radar of the super powers in the region....What about you, Nate? What is it that you do?"

Nate Seo

N
Nate listened intently upon how [member="Lady Kay"] explained her version of freedom. Sure he worded it oddly, though he wasn't far off the right track. Lady Kay described a near absolute version of freedom. Some might view freedom as merely the right to survive without persecution. While others might see freedom as just treatment for everyone. From what Nate was understanding was Lady Kay was striving for freedom of idealism and liberty. Your actions being your own actions, your achievements being notarized as your work, your choices being yours to make without an others opinion weighing over you. Nate supposed that was an admirable standpoint.

Nate thought more so when she mentioned she was a minister for a smaller set of colonies. Which Nate technically argued that still placed his hostess in a political career, just of a slightly smaller, though likely not less important role. Nate nodded his head indicating he was following along with her. Observing the information and possibly storing it for later recollection. Nate had a feeling he could at least get along rather well with Lady Kay.

When she finally asked Nate what it was he did. Nate wasn't exactly surprised as he expected it was to be discussed eventually. Though Nate was ill prepared for a specific answer. "Well.. I suppose I'm a tourist in a sense, working as a mercenary to pay the debts owed for travel. I haven't found myself a cause I fully support. Though I've recently been having interactions with the Jedi, and some guidance. I struggle sometimes with the teachings." Nate responded to Lady Kay. As he recalled his encounters on Shri-Tal which he had momentarily forgotten having got lost in his current adventure.

(OOC: Yeah, I had a training thread I started around the same time as this, and I'm deciding to place the events of that thread, before the events of this thread chronologically. :) Though Nate will be still intriguing with his personal applications of the force, and his beliefs)

Kay-Larr

(OOC: Works for me :) )

The fact that [member="Nate Seo"] had said that he was a tourist was a bit surprising. However when he explained himself a little further, she understood. He was a traveller like she was, never really around a place long enough to have a residence.

"Yes, I find that each Jedi is different, which is okay. I'm not exactly like everyone else either. I learn from those that have the skills that I can use. I have never killed and I don't plan to. Sometimes showing mercy doesn't display weakness, but shows strength and cunning. I've had Sith work for me for some of my slave liberations. One can only imagine the trouble that they would get into from their betters for helping out one such as myself. What kinds of things have you learned?" Yes she was looking for her own bits of info on him that she could use later, though not as blackmail, but rather his skills.

Nate Seo

N
Nate nodded his head in reply to [member="Lady Kay"] when she described her own personal stand points amongst the order. Finding it curious that any individual could be avoidant of killing in this universe. Seeming life seemed to be one large quest for survival. Though Nate respected her further for that virtue in a sense. When she asked Nate what he learned he thought a moment. "I did some work aiding with the harvesting crystals for Jedi robes. Though what else I have learned is a discussion for another moment." Nate responded as he looked around. "So, what are some things that shaped your life and ended you where you currently are?" Nate asked curiously as he returned his attention solely to Kay.

Nate wandered when they'd be arriving at a new planet. Slightly eager to return to exploring places. Nate wasn't a traveler because he was solely interested in staying in one place. Of course Nate figured some day there would probably be a time when he was tired of travelling and ready to rest. Though he wasn't in any means placing bets that it would be soon. His spirit was just too restless.

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow slightly as [member="Nate Seo"] said that he'd get into his other skills later. Well they had to be partly about constructing a lightsaber. She figured that much. More than likely fighting was another thing that he learned to do well in. Not exactly her strong suit though.

She chewed the inside of her cheek as she tried to think of how to answer his question. How did she get to where she was now? There were plenty of things that had happened, and plenty of times where nothing happened at all for a while. "I'm not quite sure what to tell you. The death of my husband just over 10 years ago prompted me to hide for a while. But then coming out of it I later became a COO of a large company, only to not like the direction that they were going into. So I left that, got into a Senator position and stayed within it for a few years, rescuing slaves during my free time. I had to leave the Senate for a couple of reasons, had a little trouble figuring out what was next for me. And that brings me to here...Working as a Minister for a small government and gaining more allies for myself. They certainly helped when I had large bounties on my head."

Nate Seo

N
"I see, you've had a very eventful life." Nate stated as a simple observation to [member="Lady Kay"] given her summarized recount of her life's events. "I do not believe I have any more questions for now." Nate said as he tapped his fingers along the place in which he was seated. As his foot also began to tap. As his eagerness was becoming difficult to suppress. Despite his natural ability to hide his emotions. "Do you have anything else you wish to know?" Nate asked as he looked to her.

Nate thought about what types of focus crystal he might want for his blade(s). As well as began to question what dimensions he wanted, the style of hilts, and any modifications he might personally imply. Nate wanted to be prepared for when they had the proper materials. As this would also help him locate what materials he might need. After all what good was going on an adventure with a goal, if you didn't know how to complete that goal? These were things that Nate thought about, and which helped him eventually settle back down.

Kay-Larr

Kay agreed with [member="Nate Seo"] . She did have an eventful life and more than likely should be dead right now. But for some reason she was still alive and well. The Force must have something in store for her.

As she was about to answer Nate's question, she felt the ship exit hyperspace. "Ah. As you said earlier, we'll save it for another time. We should be at Bakura now. We'll need to get some gear and clothing to handle the icy conditions on Illum."

Of course she had wanted to know about building lightsabers and such. As far as she knew, she would need to meditate for days with a crystal to make it her own. So they needed to have enough supplies to last on that icy world for that long.

Terrac didn't feel the need to let them know where they were or when they had landed. Kay knew better than to expect the obvious being spoken. As she gathered her satchel, the old pilot just called out to her, "Don't forget my whiskey. That'll keep me warmer than any snow suit."

She smirked and rolled her eyes before departing her ship and headed over to her favourite marketplace in Salis D'aar.

Nate Seo

N
Nate nodded to [member="Lady Kay"] when she mentioned it'd have to wait. As Nate hopped up the moment the craft landed. Ready to get off the ship and explore Bakura. As he headed off with Kay, the words of the pilot catching his ears at the last second. Nate may not of let his expressions display his emotions. Though his body language was always another manner. As he appeared to be constantly moving at this point. "Where to then?" Nate questioned in regards to picking up the gear. As Bakura was another new planet for him. So, like he had originally planned. Nate would leave the travel related parts of the journey in the hands of Lady Kay. Then he'd step up and aid her in the process of crafting a lightsaber.

Nate thought about the cold temperatures. He didn't mind the cold, though it didn't mean he enjoyed it. As he simply shrugged his shoulders. Deciding he'd figure a way to stay warm. Either through natural means, synthetic means, or the use of the force. Seeming Nate was sensitive to environment and talented at manipulating it. Nate was aware it was possible to stay warm through several means. Nate would look into it when they were back on the ship and he had a moment to meditate and focus on learning the skills. As even though Nate did have a teacher, some things he was sure was better self taught then guided.

Kay-Larr

"To my favourite market. Everything that we need should be there" Kay led [member="Nate Seo"] to the customs building first. All of the officials were so used to her visiting that they just waved her through. She indicated that Nate was with her and that they were just doing a bit of shopping, so he was waved through as well. There were no bounties on her head that she was aware of, so she didn't expect any hassles.

Minutes later they arrived at the market. The place was bustling with activity and there were plenty of flavourful smells coming from various booths. Yes, this place was one of her favourites to visit. She led Nate over to one of the clothing booths, one that had winter outerwear and winter sports gear. There were plenty of mountains on Bakura and it had snow as well, so she knew that she would find what she had wanted at a reasonable price.

Kay stepped in and started going through the racks of coats. Some were puffy, some had furs that were both fake and real. She picked out one lined with synthetic furs and was a light blue in colour. She tried it on over top of her other clothes, glancing over to Nate. "Just pick out what will work for you and keep you warm. Don't worry about the price either."

Nate Seo

N
[member="Lady Kay"]

Nate nodded his head when she stated the location she was seeking. When they came upon officials. Nate paused and waited patiently. As he supposed security would make sense. However Nate wasn't entirely sure what was, and was not a good thing. It wasn't until Lady Kay managed to get herself and him through, that Nate relaxed and returned to looking about the place. Nate knew he needed to be moderately objective with this visit. As time wasn't slowing down for them. Though Nate was also aware that he wasn't in need of hurrying through things.

Nate nodded his head in reply. In truth even if price didn't mater to his companion for this adventure. Nate subconsciously would be bothered. As if he took too much. He'd practically feel obligated to serve a life debt to this woman. In a indirect manner because of the fact slavery and Lady Kay didn't match up well together. "Alright." Nate replied though he searched about. Eventually coming across a winter outfit in a neutral grey color. As he took it and nodded his head. "This will work." he said calmly.

Kay-Larr

With her fitting done, she approached the vendor and paid for her winter wear, as well as the one that [member="Nate Seo"] was holding. Terrac only needed a jacket. He wasn't the one that'll be venturing out of the ship once they had reached their final destination. That was something that she knew the old pilot would like. Kay also purchased some other items, such as rope, shovels, ice picks and boots well suited for gripping ice.

With Nate's help at carrying items, they soon left the booth and headed to their next stop, an ale house. Although instead of going inside to drink, she ordered a case of whiskey and had Nate carry that too.

For everything else, the Free Lady was already stocked up, so it was back to the ship that she headed. "Have you ever searched for your own crystals before?"

Nate Seo

N
[member="Lady Kay"]

Nate quietly followed Kay's lead as he walked along. Carrying whatever items she felt like he needed to carry. As it was his job to relay her however she felt fit. As he looked around the market and the ale store. He looked to her quietly as he thought upon her question. "No." He stated simply and honestly. As honesty was always present in Nate's words. If his lips were moving one could assume he spoke the genuine truth from his own perspective. So, if he said he estimated them to die a horrible and unfathomable death. He meant that they'd certainly be dying and there was no sugar coating the fact. Those instances he tried to remain quiet as his indirect method of avoiding speaking the truth.

"I have worked around crystals however, and due to constantly using the force to scope my environment. Should be able to identify the force signatures that the crystals offer. Especially any familiar types of crystals from what I've been exposed to." Nate said to lady Kay. "In addition I am already aware of the complexity of the caverns crystals form in. So I'd recommend being thoroughly cautious towards how deep we search for any given type of crystal." He added.

Kay-Larr

[member="Nate Seo"] might not have searched for the crystals themselves, but he seemed to know a lot more about it than she did. So it was good that at least one of them knew what they were doing. She listened to what he had said about them, having not thought of how far into the cave they would go.

Kay started putting away their supplies while Terrac prepared them for departure and onwards to their next jump. "I don't really know what kind of crystal to look for. I guess....I mean, I suppose that the right crystal will just call to me. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm hoping will happen." Maybe she was just too used to things being handed to her after she had put in a bit of effort. Or usually she was blocked from them entirely for her own safety. That was why she had decided to go on thus journey with as few of people as possible. So that she could have a chance to do this on her own. But they still had a long way to go on the edges of Sith space. Who knows what the trip up to Ilum might be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom