Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balancing Shadows.

Nate Seo

N
[member="Lady Kay"]

Nate quietly knelt down on the ground and centered his thoughts. Finding himself on Kuat for no apparent reason. When he opened his eyes he looked out to a moderate sized body of water ahead of him. Which caused him to cock his head to the left. Then straighten himself up and stand. As he turned away from the water. Watching as the ship that had brought him here departed. Which meant until Nate made himself a new ally, or killed someone and acquired a ship for himself. He'd need to stick about this world. Learning to live among it's inhabitants.

Nate avoided the water. Unless it was deep enough he could walk through it. Even then he was hesitant about entering the water. However he made no expression to indicate he necessarily feared the water. Which in truth Nate didn't have hydrophobia as much as a fear to drown. Which is why Nate never bothered to learn how to swim. Deciding that with the right mind set, Nate could always find a means to avoid having to swim.

When Nate finally found himself in a small village. He went about and began to scan the crowds with his eyes. Still his face expressionless aside from a look that suggested he was thinking. Which Nate was currently trying to determine who was likely to become an enemy. Who was likely to become an ally. Who would be a good individual to follow, and who he could convince to follow himself. Nate also took into account people who he'd not want to bother for any various amount of reasons. So far Nate was pretty sure either he was missing something, or none of the people around the area were of much use to him.

Nate shrugged his shoulders, and went into a small pub. He wouldn't consider it a cantina as it wasn't so much a holder of criminal sorts. As much as merely a place to relax and socialize. Nate found himself to a table and seated himself. Placing his hood over his head, and closing his eyes. As he went about and began to listen to the talk of locals and travelers alike. Sometimes it's better to listen then it is to look. Besides Nate doubted he should pick a fight until such time as he went about and gathered materials to craft himself a set of light sabers. Starting with a single light saber, and eventually working towards four. As he planned to have a main pair, and a back up pair. As the galaxy was unpredictable, and he didn't want to bother the possibility of one set of lightsabers being damaged irreparably, and leaving him defenseless until he made new ones.

Perhaps that's what this adventure would be about. Finding himself the materials needed to craft himself a lightsaber. If so he'd need a ship, and allies for sure. Though what Nate wasn't quite expecting was the company whom he might acquire. As Nate's current personal beliefs aligned him more towards the dark side. Despite being familiarized and actively using techniques from both sides of the force. At least the basic techniques which his parent's had taught him, before he departed them to set out into the galaxy for his own sake.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay's pilot took her ship, The Free Lady, down to Kuat for refuelling and supplies. They travelled often and wanted to keep their emergency supply of fuel for just that....an emergency.

While Terrac dealt with the ship, Kay headed over to the village. She needed to stretch her legs, have a good meal and bring some hot bantha steaks back for him. Not too difficult of a task. Through all of their arguments and the like, it was easy to tell that a friendship was starting to brew, no matter how hard the old man tried to hide it.

Kay slipped into the nearest pub and walked over to one of the small tables. When a server arrived, she made her order. "I'll have one bantha steak cooked well done, with some steamed veggies, and three bantha steaks cooked medium rare to go, please." It was an odd order to be sure, but they weren't staying here long.

[member="Nate Seo"]

Nate Seo

N
[member="Lady Kay"]

Nate shook his head after awhile. Nobody would be any help to him regarding a passage out. Well not of the current roster of people. It wasn't until an important looking lady walked into the building, that Nate began to question things. As he relaxed back and begun to study her. There was something unique about this particular person. Nate couldn't place what it was exactly, and he dared not reach out with the force just yet. Though Nate was able to pick up this Lady traveled a lot. Which meant that she could be of potential use to Nate, should he be able to make an ally out of her. Though Nate wasn't sure what to make of the situation.

After a moment Nate decided to do a thing he occasionally did. He chose to socialize. As he stood up from his table and walked over. Looking around and trying to determine how much security this lady had. He had to assume that someone who traveled as much as her. Had to have somebody around that prevented unfortunate occurrences from happening. That was provided that the woman was also incapable of defending herself. Perhaps she was both combat capable, and still had guards. It wasn't something that would surprise Nate.

Finally he arrived to the woman, and thought a moment. "Um, Excuse me ma'am." he said in a calm tone. Though his expression kept it's never ending neutrality. It was exceedingly rare for Nate to display emotion. It wasn't that he didn't feel emotion. Right now he was a bit anxious about how the conversation would go. Though it was an expression like many others he had, in which he kept concealed. He didn't trust handing out his emotions to others'. As he knew that there was people who enjoyed using emotions against people. It was safer to appear as if though you had none. Though Nate still could be polite within the choice of wording he used.

Kay-Larr

Kay nibbled on a roll of bread while she waited for her meal. It was slightly odd that someone would approach her out of the blue. But then again, she was a former Senator, now a Minister. She set down her bread and looked up to [member="Nate Seo"] as he stood there with no expression on his features. It was hard to tell exactly what he wanted.

"Yes? May I help you with something?" She had no guards with her of any sort. But that didn't mean that she was confident that nothing could go wrong, even if her visit here was short.

Nate Seo

N
[member="Lady Kay"]

Nate took a moment to determine exactly how he wanted to approach the subject. As he studied the woman for a short moment. "I'm hoping to find someone who'd be willing to lend me some means of transport. I know it's a lot to ask from a stranger. However if you could please aid me in any manner. I'd be glad to repay the favor." Nate said and relaxed some after he finished wording the interest he had. He was honest in his word as well, as it was a flaw of his that he was incapable of telling a lie. Even to the point if someone asked if he planned to kill them, and he did have plans. He would openly admit to the individual that he wanted to kill them, either that or just keep silent about it.

So likewise if Nate offered a favor for a favor. He was generally good about keeping his end of the bargain. Short from natural occurrences such as death preventing him from achieving it. In that case Nate would need to figure out an alternative on how to repay. Though he was getting ahead of himself as he awaited the lady's response.

Kay-Larr

Well that was strange. Though if she had needed the ride, Kay would be doing the same thing. In fact she had done in the past. "Where is it that you're headed? And I just ordered a steak and veggies. Would you like anything?"

There was something odd about him, but she was the trusting sort. Maybe that was why she got into trouble so much, or at least found herself in messes. But she hated to view everyone as a threat. That was not a good way to make allies.

Whatever his reasons for this request, she'd find out soon enough.

[member="Nate Seo"]

Nate Seo

N
"Several places more then likely. I need transportation to gather resources to craft myself a lightsaber, or a few depending on the abundance of supplies of the given system." Nate said as he lowered his voice just enough for her to hear. He didn't need the whole population aware he was a force user. That would draw both wanted and unwanted attention and it was a risk he'd have to take with the person he was trusting the information towards. Though not one he'd need to take with the whole pub.

Nate watched [member="Lady Kay"] and pondered upon her offer. "A meal would be nice thank you. Whatever you feel inclined to offer I'll repay in some manner." He noted as he placed his hands behind his back. Again he would. Depending on the price of the meal it could be a small favor, or an alliegance held together by his oath, which since he told no lie held as much value as a blood pact.

Nate lived by odd principals. He wouldn't lash out at a person for no reason, or for venegeful purposes. Most times he wouldn't do it for any gain unless repaying a favor or aiding a cause. So a lot of time Nate spent using light side techniques. However Nate believed any attack against him unprovoked was personal, and therefore he had a right to respond to hostility with hostility, and in those moments he'd turn dark. Which meant Nate understood both sides of the playing field, and chose to walk along the line of both. As Nate felt balance was the only true goal a force user could accomplish. Chaos would always be present, people will always fight for peace, and it was up to him and any who were willing to offer a balance.

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked. By the Force she was lucky. It was uncanny at times how certain people came into her life. "You're in luck, sir. I happen to be starting my own journey to collect such materials. Though the construction part will be a....hurdle to overcome. Please join me."

She flagged down the server and had him add whatever it was that [member="Nate Seo"] wanted for a meal.

After the server had left to get his order, she leaned back in her chair. "I'm Kay. What's your name?" Of course they had lots of time to chat about things on their journey, should he not change his mind. And she had her pilot to watch over her. Though he was well passed his prime, he could still throw a good punch.

Nate Seo

N
Nate thought a moment and then ordered some vegetables. Not because he was vegetarian. Though because if seemed reasonably priced. Nate figured he'd owe [member="Lady Kay"] enough for the travels. So he wanted a reasonable price for a decent favor regarding the meal. "Thank you." He said calmly to her.

From there he looked to her and thought. "I have a fair idea how to craft a lightsaber. My father taught me the basic principle. Saying the rest was for me to discover." He explained calmly. "As for who I am, my name is Nate Seo." He replied to her.

Kay-Larr

[member="Nate Seo"] . Well the name didn't ring any bells. She knew of a few other Nates, but he was clearly not one of them. "Good to meet you."

Kay then leaned forward and whispered, "There are many that don't trust Force users, so I keep my ability hidden. I'd appreciate it if you speak to no one about it. Yet I would also like your help, if I could." She looked at the young man with a hopeful gleam in her eyes. She knew where to find the crystals and it would take them a while to get there. Having another to protect them on their journey would be very beneficial. And it might cause her brother to be a little less worried.

Nate Seo

N
Nate nodded his head in response to her. "I will do all I can to aid you." Nate responded. As he offered a rare faint smile. For just a brief moment before it flickered away. "How shall we proceed?" He asked as he studied the area. Shifting his posture as he wandered what it was about her that seemed different. He turned back to her and went into thought.

Nate had a feeling he'd consider this woman an ally. [member="Lady Kay"] had the appearance of an honest woman. Who meant good will in most given situations. At least from what Nate could tell. Though he could be wrong. He didn't want to lower his expectations of the situation. When he finished his meal. He looked to her and patiently waited for her to be ready to depart the pub.

Kay-Larr

Kay savoured her bantha steak. It was cooked perfectly, as were the veggies. She caught his flicker of a smile, but pretended not to notice. Good. She could relax a bit now. There was always the chance that he could be some sort of spy, but if her adopted brother was to ask, she'd tell him that [member="Nate Seo"] was just another bodyguard.

To his question, she just looked to the time before responding. "My ship should be refuelled and ready to go. We can go now, unless you need to collect anything first?" She paid for their meals and got to her feet. One of the other servers got her carryout bag of three extra steaks for her pilot. She bowed her head to him and smiled in thanks before making her leave out of the pub.

The air was fresh outside. She glanced back to Nate to see if he needed anything before they were to head to her ship.

Nate Seo

N
Nate shook his head in reply to Lady Kay's question. Nate had nothing he needed to acquire. He was here as just himself. Which was apparently enough to acquire an ally out of the blue. Nate tagged along beside [member="Lady Kay"] as he began to explore his surroundings. "Are you capable of piloting?" He asked her curiously. As he looked to her and tilted his head. "As well as I don't believe I know your name."

Nate turned to his companion. As he remained expressionless once more. He guessed it was probably unsettling to be around. Though he hoped the small smile he'd let slip past, was enough to offer reassurance had no ill intentions. Even if it was breif, and only offered momentary reassurance.

"Where is the nearest systems that offer crystals and other materials?" He asked her curiously. Looi King around and blinking. As though he traveled often he rarely had deep background knowledge of where he went. Merely travelling for the thrill of travelling while he was young. He wanted to know how long he'd be around the lady and any of her companions. It'd give him an estimate towards how likely he was going to depart while considering them friends.

Kay-Larr

She guided him towards the dock where her ship, The Free Lady was. ( http://starwarsrp.net/topic/82788-the-free-lady-yt-1300-modified/#entry1217892 ) "I know how to pilot a little bit. The Free Lady is new to me, however, so I have plenty to learn. My pilot Captain Terrac can handle it though. And he's been teaching me a little. My name is Kay, by the way." She thought that she had given it to [member="Nate Seo"] already, but that was okay. There was probably a lot going on in his mind. The fact that no one was chasing them out of there was a good sign. It meant that he wasn't eager to leave due to breaking the law.

As they neared The Free Lady, she caught Captain Terrac outside of it, tinkering with a few things. Kay looked to Nate. "The Ilum system is where I know that crystals are. It used to be a right of passage for Jedi to go there and seek them out. It's a fair distance from here."

"What took you so long, doll? I'm starving. And who's the shadow? Don't tell me that you've picked up another stray." He looked over Nate with a scrutinizing eye. Terrac was passed his prime, in his late sixties, but he still had a sense of adventure about him. Or maybe he just got bored with retirement. He took the steaks from Kay. "These better not be cold. Come on. Let's get a move on."

Without even waiting for an introduction, he went up the ramp. Kay looked over to Nate with a small smile and a shrug of her shoulders. "As I said, he can be a bit grumpy. But he doesn't mean anything by it." She walked up the ramp and headed towards the crew lounge. Kay was quite confident in Terrac's piloting skills. So she let him take care of their departure while she relaxed.

Nate Seo

N
He studied the ship and admired it for a moment. Then turned to [member="Lady Kay"] thinking. "I'll try to over look any harsh statements." He responded calmly. Besides it helped that the expressionless man named Nate. He was too fascinated by the journey to the Illum system, and the design of the ship to pay to much attention to the pilot anyways. If he pondered upon the words he might of took it personally, and that would of ended badly for one, the other, or them all.

Nate turned to Lady Kay and furrowed his brows a little. He looked to the pilot. "My name is Nate." He spoke simply to the man. So that way he could at least give the grumpy individual something to refer to him as other than another stray. Then turned back to Lady Kay and went thoughtful. "Is there any business expidentures you'll be needing to complete while partaking on the journey?" He asked her curiously. As it would be adding time if so. Plus he did owe her a large sums of favors.

Kay-Larr

Terrac just smirked as [member="Nate Seo"] corrected him. Kids these days were far too sensitive in his opinion. "Sure thing."

Kay guided him over to the crew lounge while Terrac readied the ship for departure. She sat down on one of the chairs, setting her satchel down by her feet. "Other than refuelling and getting some cold weather gear, we should be good. I've already got more than enough in terms of food, water, that sort of thing. My salary covers it as I pretty much just live on this ship. I don't own a house or any property. You'll also have your own quarters here."

Nate Seo

N
Nate frowned some and tilted his head. Regarding the pilots conduct. Though looked to [member="Lady Kay"] and tagged along with her. Listening to all she had to tell him regarding the ship and the preparations. As he nodded his head in understanding. When she mentioned Nate would have his own quarters to rest in. He again nodded his head though in an appreciative manner. "To what ends may I repay all you are doing for me?" Nate asked hoping almost she had a preference for how he did so. Nate was strange individual in the sense he was a capable leader, though strived for a cause to follow.

He glanced around again and focused, as he slowly reached out with the force, and lifted a stray rock that was out of place. As he had it hover a moment before setting it back down. As he smiled inside though didn't let it show outside.

Kay-Larr

She blinked and did a quick think as to how the young man could repay her. She wasn't the greedy sort, nor did she expect too much from others. This journey was going to help her as well as help [member="Nate Seo"] . So there wasn't a whole lot required for repayment.

Kay watched as he moved a rock that had somehow gotten out of the little rock garden that she had in the crew lounge to make it a little homey. More than likely her Gwaii Cat was the culprit.

"Well...You can help me to construct my lightsaber, and watch over us while we are on this trip and that should be good enough. I have had large bounties on me in the past due to my anti-slavery missions, plus I used to be in the Republic government for a time, so there is no shortage of people wanting to cause me harm."

Nate Seo

N
Nate nodded his head as he followed along with what [member="Lady Kay"] said. Glad that she had a few ideas as to how he could help. At least he had an idea how his current hostess had acquired such a fine ship. He felt privileged in a sense to be allowed to travel aboard it. Though it was an internalized interest. "I'll help you gladly in the manners which you've suggested." Nate responded and dipped his head in a respectful manner. He bowed his head quite often as a respectful gesture. Though only to those he'd determined had offered him no reason, to disrespect them. So, far this lady has only shown that she deserved respect. As she was offering him quite a bit of aid in his own affairs.

Nate looked around and closed his eyes some. As he reached out to his environment with the force. Trying to see things his sight wouldn't allow. Nate had a odd connection with the environment. Though he favored a balance between physical and force techniques. Nate certainly had something click regarding extending his will upon the environment. As opposed to some of the techniques required to aid in physical enhancements, or connecting to other individuals. Though sentient beings were fascinating, the force was found manifested in everything, and Nate found his environment never lacked it's share of surprises. With his eyes closed Nate went about picking the rock back up, as he moved it towards where more similar sources were. A collection of what he believed was rocks. As he set it down in a part of the collection that seemed void of something.

After Nate completed his task he relaxed back and sighed contently. Thinking upon the trip ahead of them. "How was your time in the government? Also, what drove you to such a active role in the anti-slavery movement?" Nate asked Lady Kay curiously. As he figured learning about one another would be a good way to pass the trip. Plus knowing individuals you were around built chemistry, and chemistry and friendship was particularly useful in stressful and sometimes life threatening situations.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled and bowed her head in return. Like [member="Nate Seo"], she had often bowed her head to others. People tended to have her respect and trust until they did something to ruin it. More often than not, that backward thinking got her into trouble.

She watched him as he floated the rock around. It reminded her of her lessons from Darth Erebos. He taught her how to move objects. She didn't use the Darkside and he didn't try to make her do so. That was the way that it was with her. She learned what she needed and kept to her good morals while she did so. It was only when she tried to be mean to someone that things went wrong. Kay figured it was the Force making her aware that she was not meant for Darkness, something that she agreed with.

"My time with the government was...good for the most part. I didn't want to leave but I had no choice. There are some situations that just don't work for me or rather some people that I just can't be around. As for the anti-slavery...I have never been a slave, but I do know what it is like to be oppressed and under one's boot. Everyone deserves to be free. Everyone deserves to be well paid for the work that they do. I know that I can't abolish slavery, but that doesn't mean that I can't liberate those within it, or prevent them from being captured into slavery."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom