Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Badlands Discovery - (Kashyyyk - Shadowlands)

The Sun was just beginning to rise over the horizon from the expeditionary group's position. In groups of four, they each trekked their mandated routes through the craggy, bleak, desecrated landscape. Twelve groups in total were dispatched in concordance with aerial reconnaissance droids and the like, the mission simply keeping the geographical intelligence of the area updated in case of invasion. Something that was all the more prevalent considering past events. While in the past, these lands were left wholly untouched, due to the pure span of it, and otherwise ferocious reputation. Today would be different. Today, they would be lifting up the carpets so to speak.

While the Droids would handle any secondary installation points, the groups were tasked with unloading more powerful devices; assembly and deployment required. It was bulky enough that each member of a group would have to carry one part of the entire device to comfortably transport it. Therein, it should be noted that at least one of the parts were particularly more hindering than the others. Slowing the individual that carried this item down considerably, not to mention likely robbing them of some agility in the process; unless of course they used some unnatural methods to counteract this. (Or they were simply strong enough to do so)

And so, with their packs on their backs the different groups had split up after leaving the staging area roughly thirty miles south; using vehicles as far as they could, but ultimately in the endless thicket of Wroshyr and Kshyyy Vine, it would fall to them to use their feet to reach he optimal points of contact with the planet itself. The devices themselves were also very cute, and environmentally sound. Allowing space for smaller critters to use as dens, or breeding grounds. and miniaturized moisture trappers to collect small, but viable sources of life to the local ecosystem.

That said, the wildlife here in the Shadowlands was far from helpless, and one of the mission briefings talk points was specifically how hostile this land was. It was the badland, the Shadowland... No man's land, if you will. And indeed, one might not that outside of ritual treks across the behemoth that was Kashyyyk, not even Wookies were content to live here. There was many old secrets and mysteries in this part of the Jungle... Yes, that was a far greater depiction than a Forest. A black Jungle, littered with all manner of trinket, and technology from long dead ages. Supercarriers could be found here even, abandoned and decrepit. Some long stripped, others half done... And others, for good reason untouched.

Skeletons line the routes to the group's targets, long gone stories of those that fancied themselves the outdoorsy type and were swallowed whole by the treacherous landscape. Indeed, for those of the groups that were Force Sensitive, this place was not settling. It did not give them the same serenity they found standing atop the steps of Silver Rest, or even further within by the meditation chambers.

This place bred feelings of Pain, Hate, and Uncertainty to the untrained. The densely packed life was a constant ebb within the Force. The longer one that could feel the Force Energies stayed here, the more they would realize, there was something terrible at work in the Black Jungle. Yet still, there was a mission to be completed.

Aayla Senn-Shan headed up her own group, consisting of (I will NPC them for now, if you want to be a part of the group just post as such. Also feel free to head up your own squad and create your own adventures.) other Shadow, and Intelligence Operatives that were rated viable to mission success. Whatever skills they possessed were deemed important to the completion of the mission objectives.

Objectives: Install Geo scanning equipment. Explore. (Score sweet metaphysical loot in the deathtrap of a jungle)

Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

tpuAKtr.gif

Now THIS, was it. Fresh exploration in otherwise uncharted regions so close to home. Yet so far, and a world away. This place was a farcry when compared to the locale Silver Rest occupied. It felt, draining. Constantly hostile, and yet constantly in a cycle of creation. The Force was strong here, but it stood to wonder for what reason at times. Her group of four made a tentative trek through the underbrush, although the sun was just rising, it was fully shaded on the ground. Some parts more than others, though light managed to find its way through periodically.

Her team had decided to share the duty of carrying the cumbersome piece of equipment necessary to assemble the geo-scanner. At this time, it fell to her. She walked with a light slouch forward, hands grasping the straps at her back as traced the footsteps of the individual in front of her, walking on the huge vine that rolled for what seemed like a mile ahead, and snaked off into a plethora of sub-vines which ran up, down, and into the ground around them.

The Jungle here was alive, and quiet at times. At times they would hear cacophonies of various creatures, and others dead silent. Her group had learned in the field it was best to be quiet when the Shadowlands were, giving a respect to the natural order reaped certain benefits, but in the end this wouldn't be easy.

"Nearly there?"

She asked, sounding breathless though she wasn't, simply focused on moving the equipment. As she asked this, her head would stay down, still trailing the footsteps in front of her.

At this point, excluding external stimuli everyone was either tired, or depending on their fitness levels, feeling that peak window of
performance before an involuntary crash. Aayla was experiencing the latter. Not yet tired, but having felt the weight of their task here in more ways than one. She hadn't asked anyone in particular, and wasn't expecting any one person to answer.

Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

2FS8YbB.png

Travot trudged up a slope behind Aayla Shan Aayla Shan , thankful that he had swapped his usual plate armor for the much less cumbersome Silver Robes. He almost missed the solid feel and the coolness that went with his armor set, except that even now with much light clothing on, he found himself sweating. He stepped up onto a Wroshyr tree root before lightly jumping down. Well, if nothing else, this will be good exercise...

But there is always opportunities in front of you...

His old master's words seemed to come out of nowhere into his mind, causing him to reflexively blink. Master Wurth? He looked around, but the jedi did not see any faint visage of his old master. He briefly wondered if he had just had a vision, or if the heat was starting to get to him. The susevfian softly grunted as they continued onward, even as his eyes scanned the area around him, looking for anything unusual.

One never knew what one might find in the Shadowlands.

Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

tpuAKtr.gif

It was stifling in this part of the murky jungle. There seemed to be a distraction a second. Pick your poison... Mosquitos constantly trying to find exposed skin to feast on, Srifly's bumping against one's face in an attempt to drink the salt out of your sweat. This place was frankly everything someone could hate about nature compiled into one. Yet still, they had work to do. The person just ahead of her spoke up and answered her question.

'Well, we aren't far. We're just not close.'

She had a comment for that but elected not to speak it. Chin raising lightly as she noticed the person she was following had stopped moving. Running lateral to the huge vine they walked on, there was what seemed to be a bottomless ravine. Looking forward now, they could see what had caused it. The Super Star Destroyer was ancient, and yet familiar all the same. The ship was from a different age, rusted and completely nose-down, having become one with the nature around it.

The Ranger that had spoken just a moment ago pulled out a device, looking at it, then the dead-drop below them.

'We've made it... Except our scouting reports were incorrect. Only by about a mile or so.... Down.'

He pocketed it and peeled the equipment he carried off of his back, prompting Aayla to follow suit, and rest the pack on the ground with a light thud. As it touched the ground, she would use both hands to wipe a clear screen of sweat from her face, hands flitted towards the ground as a visible amount of liquid came off her hands. This place was hell, no question...

"Now would be a great time to create a new Force Technique. Like Tapas, in reverse."

Aayla said, briefly looking at the others before behind her to the undoubtedly still following Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna . Her hands found her hips and for now she leaned her weight to one side while observing him.

"You know anything like that Master Ravenna?"

She asked, jokingly, though also not about to turn down a cool breeze if he indeed knew of such a thing.

'What's a Tapas?'

The young Astrian's eyes snapped to him with a smirk, then glanced back to Ravenna, moving now to sit on the edge and look down at the next feat they had to tackle. Silver hues staring into the murky shadows below.

"It's difficult to explain to someone that isn't..."

She gestured with a hand, which caused the Ranger's mouth to go slightly agape.

'Jedi Stuff?'

"Jedi Stuff..."

With that said, Aayla would go ahead and send out a ping to the nearest drone, as they were packed with equipment that would be useful for getting down to the ground. Though it would take roughly fifteen to twenty minutes for it to get there, give or take considering the area seemed to mess with their electronics. The reason for such, still unclear.

Slapping her hand onto her neck, she pulled away and observed her palm, noting a small bug in the center and a bit of blood on her hand. She was never coming to this place again...

"Let's take a minute.. Or ten. We need to wait for the droid to bring some equipment, I don't have any L-C-L's (Liquid Cable Launcher) on me..."

She said, readjusting on the edge of what would certainly be a fatal fall, and watching the area around them.

Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

2FS8YbB.png

"Tapas?" grinned the man to Aayla Shan Aayla Shan , "I'm afraid I'm too much of a blockheaded warrior for something like that..."

He joked, but in truth, learning that had certainly been one of the more useful skills he had learned as a jedi, especially when he had trekked by himself into the wilder regions of space. On some level, part of him looked upon his past self as an idiot for even attempting such sojourns by himself - they had been dangerous, even for one as capable as a jedi - with little to show for them aside from experience. But that experience was one of the reasons he found his life worth living so far, a reason that seemed all the more salient now as he looked down on the massive, wrecked starship below. How many people could say that they had seen such things in the service for the greater good? He looked back at the jedi shadow.

"But if you ever find a technique for cooling down, you better let me know - we can certainly use here..."

As the astrian came to halt, Travot quickly followed suit with some gratitude. He never felt like his body had been cut out for arduous treks on foot, but they were a frequent necessity. I'm going to become a masochist if I keep doing these....He swatted away a small bug of some sort, taking a brief pleasure in that he hadn't managed to kill it, but he had managed to move it far enough away to not bother him. Anger leads to hate...but was using force justified in this case, and if so, how much would be appropriate? As it started to fly back towards him, he briefly considered using a Force push to send it shooting across the sky and into oblivion. Thankfully for him, the moral quandary was solved when the bug seemed to randomly buzz off to bother a young antarian ranger. His eyes gazed down upon the starship.

"What do you think is all in there? Or should I say, I wonder if anything there is intact..."

tpuAKtr.gif

At the very least, Aayla had again come to terms with the fact that she could do a lot if she put her mind to it. It would be noted that she looked over and noticed Master Ravenna's actions with the tiny bugs that were pestering them. It was something she would've done a while ago. Had she really changed that much? She inhaled sharply, eyes cutting away from him, and locking out onto the still very audible horizon. The chorus of nature was near deafening at some points, forcing them to speak a little louder than they usually would've.

"Yeah, I should have brought a change of clothes just for that... The grounds and surrounding area of Silver Rest are tame compared to here... Honestly, it could be useful as a training area in the future. More than a few times up I almost forgot The Force was with me, although I could feel it."

She paused then, breath coming short, and would take a moment to take a few longing gulps from her canteen, sniffling a bit and gasping aloud.

"Its like it naturally tests your fortitude the longer you stay.."

Master Ravenna asked another question, and she would again court death by leaning forward slightly to peer down.

"Million Cred question Master Ravenna. IF I'm correct, this ship is from the Dark Ages, the ones they teach us in Master Carva's classes. The Clone Wars, or what have you..."

Then she used some of her most recent training, actually observing the area. Pointing to the groove in the ground, and the very slight break in the tree-line going down.

"Ship must've crashed here during the battle of Kashyyyk. Though that battle took place between Separatists Forces, and ahm... Dang..."

She sniffled again, wondering why she couldn't muster her inner bookworm today.

"Grand Army of the Republic? I think this is one of their vessels. Venator-Class. See the output turbines?"

She pointed down, noting they were surprisingly in good shape, outside of them being partially claimed by nature, dirt, and dust.

"If the ship indeed maintained hull integrity"

Her head lofted side to side in thought, then she would shrug.

"It might be like stepping into history, although given its trajectory I have no doubt this thing fell from orbit. We could very well be walking into a waking nightmare."

She suddenly realized she was just being a chatterbox and would smirk to herself a bit, falling silent. She could at least give him a moment to speak as well. Though something else came to mind, and she couldn't help but add it.

"Venator-Class Ess Dee's were also known as Jedi Cruisers, for a time. Apparently in those days war turned Knight, and Master Jedi to Generals, and padawan to Commanders... I suppose much hasn't changed since then..."

Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

2FS8YbB.png

Travot nodded as Aayla Shan Aayla Shan spoke, sparing glances between her and the downed starship. In one sense, it seemed strange that he could simply step into a starship wreck from a completely different time period. Part of him imagined opening a hatch and descending into a nearly pristine vessel, though logically he guessed that it'd probably be the opposite: Years of corrosion from Kashyyyk's sometimes heavy rains, along with new infestations of animals and overgrown plants - even the reactor area might now share more in common with a jungle than a functioning starship.

"I'll admit that I've never been one for ancient history lessons of the technical sort," admitted Travot quietly, "to me, it was always the tales of the people themselves, maybe sometimes even the animals and plants they met - the sort of thing I might find useful in the field. I can't imagine that anyone fields such an ancient ship like that anymore, unless they're really in the boonies..."

He eyed the vessel once more, "It looks like it's in pretty good shape from here though, considering the age. Maybe something interesting has survived intact in there, somewhere...I'll be half tempted to retrieve a set of clone trooper armor if any is down there, just for Master Carva to show the padawans. Sometimes the real deal has more impact than any holo...."

His cadence became slower and his tone more somber in the end. Even having fought against the bryn'adul recently himself, it was sobering idea to think of simply being created and raised solely for war - maybe a clone trooper wouldn't miss what he never knew - but the jedi wondered what opportunities could have awaited the ancient soldiers if times had been different and more peaceful.

"...but I guess we'll just have to see what's there. Maybe we'll just have to settle for a scorched hull plate."

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla seemed content to listen to Master Ravenna, offering him her full attention as he spoke, though having to swat at a few more bugs. Luckily for them they seemed to be calming down now. He was right, the technology was outdated. The ships they had now would absolutely scrub the beast below them. Though, it would be interesting to see it in pristine condition, although she highly doubted that's what was in store for them.

"It looks like it's in pretty good shape from here though, considering the age. Maybe something interesting has survived intact in there, somewhere...I'll be half tempted to retrieve a set of clone trooper armor if any is down there, just for Master Carva to show the padawans. Sometimes the real deal has more impact than any holo...."

She felt it a second before he trailed off, his emotions rebounding onto her, and causing her own face to sadden lightly. The Old Republic was certainly... Darker, than now. Not taking anything from the ilk they were forced to take up with mind you, but worse had definitely happened back then. Aayla couldn't help but mirror Travot's feelings, and would inhale a bit as the droid broke the tree-line just ahead of them, floating over with the iconic warbles from its repulsor jets.

"Guess we'll find out soon Master Ravenna."

Aayla stood, the bit of relaxation they had ironically allowing for her incessant sweating to stop for just a moment. Turning she put two fingers in her mouth and loosed a low whistle to get the others attention.

"Break Time's over, let's get hooked and get down there. Cable Launchers, An Arc Welder or two, and restock on water."

She said, keeping to her job and giving directions on what she wanted done.

Within a few moments, they would be ready, and lowering themselves into an even darker part of this overgrown graveyard.

The droid was still hanging about and would help them by shining light everywhere. Creatures scurried back into holes in the side of the decline as the light traveled over. And the lower they got, the quieter things seemed to become.

Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

2FS8YbB.png

Travot nodded as Aayla Shan Aayla Shan got them started again. As they descended, the sunlight that managed to eek past the expansive canopy of Wroshyr trees and the foliage around them grew dimmer and dimmer, and with it, his mood changed from hopeful to concerned. Not only was it growing physically darker despite the droid's best efforts, but they were approaching more wildlife, and the deeper they descended, the more likely that life was to be more aggressive and dangerous. On the starship's level, he wouldn't be surprised if there were wyyyschokks or Anakkonas. Either would be a fearsome opponent, and not one that Travot relished fighting even with assistance.

He briefly stopped his descent and closed his eyes, concentrating on the Force and feeling its tendrils of energy reach out into the environment around them. Unsurprisingly on a world so verdant, it was full of life - much of it was nonsentient - plants, fungi, and simple animals. Yet the further he pushed outward, the more he brushed with the emotions of some beasts that had more emotion to them - some scared, some angered by the jedi's presence. We're being watched. The large man frowned and turned to face the astrisian.

"I get the feeling that some of the more...evolved life has discovered our presence. We probably shouldn't delay much."

The meaning beyond that was probably instantly understood by the once-guardian. Evolved life tended to be larger, more intelligent, more dangerous, and also more territorial. He hastened to continue his descent downward, only stopping briefly to make sure that his lightsaber remained clipped to his belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom