Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Backstage Passes

Dak Hobson

D

ALL THE GALAXY IS A STAGE… AND IT’S SHOWTIME!
DeepImpoliteDassierat-small.gif

Tour Stop: Coruscant
How’s the crowd?: Loving it!
How did you get there?: “The Golden Wings
Whatcha’ playin’?: Concert

Who are you playing to?:

I really do not want to spend my concert prep on a text call with "The House". I mean, I have my routine to go through. Besides, it's not as if I do not know what is at stake here, you know? Oh well, at least it's not bad news, or as if I have to meet someone here.

Code:
No record of it being here so far.

[Contact will appear at your concert]

Not my usual protocol

[Security Measures have been taken. Contact has no knowledge of 
of your identity.]

Let's hope not.

[Continue to serve in the manner you have and all
will be well.]

I will contact you when I have the device.

Great, just great. It's not like I am one of those with multiple "covers", I have one big one. If people found out, there would be issues, there would be questions and there would be problems. No problems for me, but for the fans. I don't want people getting hurt because some idiot back at the House thinks that they can send someone out to find me and it will go well. Of course, it won't. This is going to be a cluster... and it's going to ruin the entire evening.

I don't like the idea of it, but when it comes to concerts, I'm a creature of habit. I have to be. I'm about to go out on stage, which I love to do, don't get me wrong, but to do so for hours on end, I have to follow a regimen I set up. That means I have to be in a zone and focus on lyrics, hooks, melodies, and tones. I have to be able to run and own that stage out there, and I cannot do it having to deal with some yakhead coming out to "help me" find the eye of Darth Salunar. It doesn't matter now, I'm not dealing with anyone until after the show.

It's a good thing that everyone backstage has a role and knows it backwards and forwards. The Boys are doing their thing, and I can do mine. I just wish I could either put up a "Do not Disturb" sign, or even better, take off the star on my dressing room door.

Someone's gonna come in here and bug me.

TGV.gif

Approximate Outfit/Appearance

Diamis knew it wasn't her place to knock on a dressing room door, especially with all the odd looks she got on her way there. But she knew it would be good for her to meet other performers. The word 'networking' had danced around her ears quite a few times, and now that she had some basic ground under her feet, she decided it would be a good time to do so. If nothing else, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

A silent second motive helped push the breeze behind Diamis's heels, though. A strange pull, recognition, behind this other performer. Although she had little comfort with it herself, she had a feeling that there was some latent...energy within him (she wasn't ready to say the F-word, not yet) that she found interesting.

Two sharp knocks rang out on the dressing room door. Diamis ran one final hand through her hair, making sure it was in the precise position she wanted it to be in. Appearances meant everything to many of these performance types.

Dak Hobson

Dak Hobson

D

Yep, I'm wearing "
The Eye of Pantor", and have my lightsaber nearby
Who are you playing to?: Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen

Great, I was right. Someone is here. I don't need this right now. It had better be a fan and not someone from "The House" or worse, some PA who thinks I need to be somewhere. No, they wouldn't do that. Oh well.

"Hi there."

Okay, some Chiss. She's either looking at me like I'm supposed to give her advice, an autograph, or a paternity test. Really? Had I been that blackout... nah. I would remember. Why is she here?

"What can I do for you?"

I don't really have time to deal with this right now, but it looks like I'm going to have to as the PA assigned to me right now is nowhere to be seen. She is soooo fired.

TGV.gif

Diamis chuckled lightly. Oh, he was one of those types. "Just wanted to introduce myself," she simply stated. "It's always prudent to meet others in your field, especially when it's as...specialized as ours."

She held a hand out to him to shake. "My name is Diamis. And yours?" It was possible he'd just throw her out. In that case, it would give her areas to avoid. If he was more open to chatting, though, a potential friend in the performing world could be greatly to her advantage.

Dak Hobson

Dak Hobson

D

Yep, I'm wearing "

Nope, she's not a fan, yet. That's okay, so he could let her in.

"Come on in. My name? My name is on the headline and all over this place. Dak Hobson."

Alright, she's obviously not who I'm supposed to be expecting. That just made things suck worse because now I have to stay on my guard because my routine has been thrown to rat(CENSORED)! Do I really need to worry about this right now? No! Coruscant is always a great show, but it requires a lot of focus and I cannot deal with some wheeling and dealing messenger when I'm getting ready for a show!

No, don't think this girl is really paying much attention to my other life. So I might as well try and be nice about this.

"Well met. What brings you out here? Sorry if I appear on edge, but I have my preshow routine as I'm sure you do, and about 65,000 sentients are about to fill that stadium out there. So..."

Way to sound like an unappreciative jerk, you idiot...

TGV.gif

She held up a hand. "No, no, I understand. I don't mean to keep you," Clearly he had other things going on, and her intrusion was a distraction. Although curious, Diamis knew that getting a performer to spill their true secrets was nearly impossible-- especially someone as clearly famous as he was.

"I came for the show, of course. I always love seeing peoples' different performing styles." It was the politest way to explain her presence at as many shows as possible. "I can take my leave with no offense if you have other matters to attend to." She smiled.

Dak Hobson

Dak Hobson

D

Yep, I'm wearing "

Dak, you idiot.

"No, no, you're fine. I'm expecting someone business-related to come by. I don't know who they are and I thought you were them by chance."

Really Dak? Man, I must be off my game. Why not just tell her what I really do?! I need a drink, not one of these Elba Waters either, but I can't do that before the show. It louses everything up. Might as well give her one of these as well, wouldn't want to be rude.

"So, what brought you into performing? Not to sound stereotypical, but Chiss always come off as very aloof and this is... "new'."

TGV.gif

"Some stereotypes are based in fact," she admitted, giving him a small shrug. "The Chiss, on a general field, are much too focused to enjoy seemingly frivolous things like music and art. I, however, understand their importance." She paused, curious to gauge his reaction.

"Of course, I don't think I'm better than them for this. Everyone sees the world just a bit differently, is all."

Dak Hobson

Dak Hobson

D

Yep, I'm wearing "

Not really something I was expecting, a very direct response to my question. Then again, she is Chiss, so should I have expected anything different? What am I saying? What do I care? I'm not really sure how to respond to it, but at least I can keep from looking awkward by signing one of my tour posters and give it to her. It's not like I don't have a ton of them in here, and it's a common courtesy, right?

The opening act is on stage, a nice bunch, but a little "twangy" and high-pitched for my tastes. Hope she doesn't notice the cringe. "We like what we like, right?" Finally, I can sit down and relax a little. which of course means someone else will walk through the doors soon enough, I'm sure, oh well.

"So, what brought you here?"

TGV.gif

Diamis leaned against the wall, crossing one ankle over the other in a demure but proper posture. She adjusted her bag on her shoulder, and crossed her arms, making an effort to seem non-threatening. He was clearly on edge (for what reason other than her presence, she didn't know-- and she knew from her experience that it was easiest to assume it was her presence, whether it was true or not).

"I heard mention of your name and your talents, so I bought a ticket." She pulled a small pad out of her purse, waving it a bit before slipping it back in. "Used a few connections to pop by and say hello."

She glanced back towards the door, hearing one of the opening acts play. She was quiet for a moment, listening, then uncrossed her ankles and turned back to him. "Well, I'll see you out there." She took a step forward, extending one hand to shake. "Pleasure meeting you, Mr. Hobson."

Dak Hobson

tag: Dak Hobson

It was not often that she found herself in a position such as the one she was in now, but it wasn't entirely a suprise. Since having joined Abel, Illyria has been exposed to many different people, some good, some not. At least this mission - protect the singer - was simple. And with her training, she was confident enough that any would-be attackers wouldn’t pose a significant danger to either herself or Dak. The job seemed easy enough, and although she hadn’t spoken for an extended amount of time with the singer, the Golden Voice she’d heard someone call him, seemed nice enough.

Her brows drenched when someone had tapped her on the shoulder and leaned in to whisper in her ear. Someone had gone to see Dak. Illyria turned on her heel and strode slowly, but purposefully toward his dressing room. There was no point in panicking and causing a commotion until it was known who the person was and what potential threat they posed. Illyria gently knocked but did not wait for permission to enter. She was, after all, still a noble and unaccustomed to being denied. Not to mention he would recognized her as the person who had come to be his bodyguard.

"Mister Hobson, is everything alright?"​

gold.png

Dak Hobson

D

Yep, I'm wearing "
Who are you playing to?: A great concert! Illyria Le Fey Illyria Le Fey

"What the? GIVE ME A SECOND!" Look, she's a nice kid and here to do a job, but it's called "private time" for a reason. I mean yeah, I could have been in trouble, but I wasn't. Then again, she didn't know that, and she was just doing what she was supposed to.

"Sorry, yeah. Just a little rattled. Come on in." She could ask why if she wanted to know, but all was fine so he doubted she would.

Alright Dak, sit down. Try and relax, you still have your breathing exercises and your scales to do. Besides, this is no way to treat someone working for you. He didn't want the reputation of being some jackhole that didn't appreciate the people around him.

"Can I get you anything?" She was probably going to decline, but I was going to make the gesture anyway.

TGV.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom