Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back into Action

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Back into Action

Time: Afternoon local time
Valery: Appearance
Ship: Factory link
Tag: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna and other SJC folks?

After being away for several months on a meditative retreat, Valery finally felt that she was ready to be a Jedi again. Just prior to her leave, she had learned about various groups of Jedi in the Galaxy, and one that seemed fitting happened to be nearby as well. So after boarding her ship, she began the journey to Kashyyk in hopes of finding the Silver Jedi. She didn't know too much about them, or if they'd be the right place for her to be, but she wanted to find out.

Dropping from hyperspace into the system, Valery looked at her instruments and sent out a signal to identify herself.

"Ground Control, this is Jedi Master Valery Noble, requesting permission to land."
Following her message, she transmitted her ship's signature and began a slow and steady descent towards the area known as the "Silver Landing" down below on the surface. She wasn't sure who received her signal, or who would be waiting down there. But she felt ready to take an important next step on her path.

Silver Landing, Kashyyyk

Travot walked around his Silver Arrow, his eyes idly gazing over its burnished surface as his astromech did the real work of the pre-flight inspection. He felt his mind wander to the nearby woods where he had spent so much time training among other Jedi, along with his frequent pilgrimages to the outer reaches of the galaxy. He often felt as if he were being pulled apart - the outer reaches of the galaxy called to be explored, yet civilization more frequently needed him to be part of the bastion of Light that kept the Sith, marauders, and other similar evils at bay. Where his next flight would take him, he did not know...yet. His nautolan padawan sauntered onto the landing pad, breaking him out of his reverie.

"Travot...I mean Knight Ravenna, there's a new ship coming in, look!"

Lanyria stuck out a finger and pointed at a black dot slowly resolving itself into the rough configuration of an X-wing. A venerable base design, the X-wing had come and gone in dozens of variations even in the last few years, yet Travot could tell from the engine nacelle design that this was a much more rare variant, and with its colorization, he could guess it's original purpose.

"Who's ship is that?"

"Tovlar says it belongs to Jedi Master Valery Noble. He says he's never heard of her before."

He nodded, "Neither have I."

Travot knew of many of the Masters of the Silver Jedi Order at least by their name, even if he hadn't met them personally. Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield and many of his family were almost legends, while Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor had quickly made a name for himself for being among the vanguard of the Order in the greater galaxy. Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo had been the latest master of the Order he had encountered, and Travot wondered if perhaps the consular had known of this visit - Members of the New Jedi Order that served under the Galactic Alliance Senate along with dozens of splinter orders sometimes made visits to the Silver Rest to consult with their allies. Yet something in his consciousness told him that this was an unexpected visit.

"Perhaps we should go meet her," said Travot, "just in case anyone needs any help. Come on..."

"Things are going rather well. The adjustment hasn't been too bad to be honest."

"Take all the time you need son, your mother is the one that worries."

Arden couldn't help but laugh as he knew this was true. He knew that the union between his father and mother was something of destiny written long ago it seemed given their cultures and race. And of course through their union Arden was born and being the only child. His mother was very, very protective of him. It was cute at times, and others was slightly annoying, yet he would never tell her that.

Arden was passing by the hangar when he had received the call from his folks. It wasn't until a padawan passed him up making his way towards another Silver member and attention seemed to be diverted to the skies.

"Father, I gotta go. I'll be in touch later in the week." The commander ended the call and made his way towards the duo.

"Is everything alright?" Arden inquired as he neared the duo.

Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Arden Durane Arden Durane Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Caltin wasn't far from the Landing when he received the ping on his comm-link. He was in the Starport, in his landing bay working on the old ship that he recently donated to the Starport itself mainly to help the local tribe "Aricsias"(what their tribe name loosely translates to from Ssi-Rook). The ship was fine, state of the art and in great working order, but he was still giving it the once-over with several Wookiees from the tribe. Llabruf, TahrAq, and kkorulim were the main members with several young ones.

The purpose was to get all of them "out of the house" and learn something new. Wookiees were natural engineers and this would only foster that. While Caltin was considered to be a member of the Tribe and not just an ally (it's a long story) it was a little slow going at first as a couple of them were reticent to touch anything, not wanting to break the Jedi's ship. This changed when the big guy "noticed" a faulty sub-light converter(he broke it intentionally) then that seemed to change everything, they all wanted to help, even to the point of going through the entire Sub-light system.

The "repairs" were going well when he noticed a couple of Padawans making their way past his stall. This was odd because the big guy had the "end stall" and the only thing past him was a door leading out to the landing. Maybe that was the "ping" on his comm-link. It didn't seem to be a problem, but his curiosity was still piqued. Making his way out, the big guy noticed others standing around. Quietly he walked up and stood among them. Caltin wasn't being rude, they were talking amongst themselves and, Master or not, he wouldn't interrupt.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Back into Action

Tag: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Arden Durane Arden Durane Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor and any other SJC folks!

The sleek, black X-wing came down towards the landing pad with a steady descent. Its engines slowly began to power down until the moment the landing gear touched down on the surface. The engines came off-line, the on-board systems shut down and slowly, the canopy began to open.

Valery would lift herself from her chair and climbed down a small ladder on the side of the cockpit. She was wearing her usual tunic but had a black helmet in addition, which helped her with managing the ship whilst flying. She took it off as her feet touched the ground, and shook out her long dark-brown hair, allowing the ponytail to cascade down behind her.

Her orange eyes then shifted between the Jedi who had gathered - she hadn't quite expected this many to greet her. But it was a welcoming sight, so she greeted them all with a smile, and a respectful bow of her head. While she had met Jedi since her awakening from stasis, never had she seen this many together. Feeling their presences in the Force, as well as the warm feeling of this Temple, which likely had many more Jedi inside; it was something she had clearly missed a great deal.

"Greetings." she began as she approached the group. Her exterior seemed friendly and the way she felt in the Force resembled this as well. Her general appearance made her look intimidating to some, but she was a true Jedi at heart, and outwardly friendly. But as the scar on her face likely indicated, there was more depth to what she was like as well.

"I'm Master Valery Noble - I believe this is the Temple of the Silver Jedi?" she asked.

"Is everything alright?"

Travot turned briefly to face Arden Durane Arden Durane , "I hope so. I don't sense anything amiss in the Force, but it is something unexpected."

He briefly pointed at the descending black X-wing, "There's supposedly a jedi master on that ship that I've never heard before - one Valery Noble. I just had my astromech access the Silver Rest's databanks, and there does not appear to be any currently living Jedi by that name that we know of."

That we know of. The galaxy is a big place, after all. Doubtlessly there are Jedi living in the far reaches that we have never heard of nor ever will in splinter orders or marooned on distant planets...Travot found himself approaching the craft just before it set it down among the verdant landscape even as others gathered around the ship. He saw the muscular form of Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor nearby as well, which brought further peace of mind to him. If anything dangerous were to happen, between Caltin, Arden, himself, and the gathered padawans, they would likely be able to handle it. The woman who descended from the X-wing was not entirely what he expected - though in large part this was probably because he didn't exactly have any firm picture in his mind as to who to expect, but her aura seemed friendly. The scar on her face made him guess that she was the veteran of some war and certainly lent credence to the title of Master.

"Greetings. I'm Master Valery Noble - I believe this is the Temple of the Silver Jedi?"

"Welcome Master Noble," said Travot, strutting forward to offer a hand to Valery Noble Valery Noble , "I am Knight Ravenna. This is the Silver Rest, the main temple complex of the Silver Jedi, though we do have smaller temples in several other places in the galaxy. What brings you to us?"

Silver Landing
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Valery Noble Valery Noble Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna

Arden nodded his head as he heard Knight Ravenna speak of the x-wing coming into view and soon to be landing. He was of the same mind as him when it came to the situation. Nothing by any means gave him cause to be concerned but given the state of the galaxy, one could never be too careful. Another Jedi joined their party and in truth he reminded him of a full blooded Valkryi. He had heard his name before and he nodded towards the Jedi Msater. "Master Vanagor, it's good to see you." While never been properly introduced, their names he had heard around the Temple and such.

The vessel touched down and a woman disembarked from the fighter and made her way towards him. She introduced herself and Arden responded after Travot did as he just introduced himself as well. "Greetings, Master Noble. I hope your journey went well. ."

The commander of the Lionguard held his hands behind his back after giving his introduction and he listened to Travot speak.

76682.gif

Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Arden Durane Arden Durane

He'd met Travot before, a nice enough guy if not quiet. The Padawans? There are so many names to keep track of, but he did his best with them and ironically didn't get any of them wrong.

"Ironically?"

Yes, it means...

I know what it means, you Schutta! Stop making me look like an idiot.

Fine, testy. Anyway, the other one Caltin didn't recognize, but apparently, the man knew who he was, not that it was hard to figure out.

You as well.

He took a moment before going any further with it because there was something about his vestments that was familiar. Not that he knew them immediately but that there was something that he could not put his finger on just yet. It was as if a lion... a lion... that was it.

I'm going to visit Midvinter one day... it's on my list.

That was more for his personal approval than anything. This man, this Jedi before him was from "lion country" so to speak, and it was a place that the big guy was indeed curious about. However, that would have to come at another time. The X-wing that had everyone's attention was landing and as the systems shut down he recognized who it was. They had only met once, but the big guy didn't forget a face, especially given the situation at the time. He offered a polite nod.

It's been a long time since the Jakku Enclave.

ZhUyygm.png

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Back into Action

Tag: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Arden Durane Arden Durane and any other SJC folks!

Valery greeted the other Jedi with a smile and offered another bow of her head, a sign of respect she had grown up with and used for all her life. She then looked at the familiar Caltin and nodded, "It has been some time, but a pleasure to meet once again." she said, not having expected to run into familiar faces. But it only further showed that this was likely the right place for her to be right now.

Looking at Arden, she continued her smile. "The journey went well, but I'm glad to have found what I was looking for." she said and with that, her eyes turned to Travot, who extended a hand towards her. She took it for a firm handshake and looked around for a brief moment, taking in what she could see of the Temple.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Knight Ravenna. I came here because it has been some time since I was with the Jedi. Since I came out of stasis, I.. have been adjusting. But I feel ready to return to my duties as a Jedi, and I was hoping this could be a place to start from." she said with a strong determination in her eyes. She can vaguely remember the last time she served alongside other Jedi, the time that led up to her stasis.. it had been too long.

"If you'll have me, of course. I'm more than willing to answer any questions or adjust to the way things are here. I do not wish to be a burden."

Valery withdrew her hand and ran it up through her hair, her eyes settling on the Jedi around her again. She wasn't sure what exactly was going on in the Galaxy, and how she could be of help, but she was determined to find out.

Travot sagely nodded Valery Noble Valery Noble . Experienced knight though he was, Travot did not sit on the Silver Jedi Council. Nor was he certain that he would want to - with such influence came responsibility, and with responsibility came extra duties and obligations that wouldn't allow him to wander the galaxy so freely as a knight errant. Grandmaster Wenton Graff had recently taken the place of Kiara Ayres, who fallen in combat against the Brotherhood of the Maw only weeks before. But the new Grandmaster was not currently present on Kashyyyk, instead attending a conference with the Concord's allies on the Sith marauders. While the grandmaster was not present, thankfully one of the members of the Council was present at this very moment - Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . It would likely fall to him, at least temporarily, to provide the requisite guidance on Master Noble's initiation.

Travot offered a subdued smile to Valery Noble Valery Noble .

"It is not my place to accept or decline your initiation into our Order," said the unorthodox knight slowly, "but you seem strong in the Force. I would happy to be assistance to you once that decision is made. Master Vanagor might be able to provide us with more guidance on this matter."

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Back into Action

Tag: Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Valery nodded at Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna in understanding before her eyes shifted to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . She knew it likely wasn't too common for Jedi to seemingly appear out of nowhere to be initiated, but she hoped there was a place for her at the Silver Jedi. "If there is anything you'd like me to do, or if there are any questions to answer, please do tell me." she said, eager to become part of something larger than just herself.

"If all goes well, I'm sure I could use some assistance as well." she said, her eyes shifting to Travot again. Whilst more aware of what was happening in the Galaxy, she lacked the detailed understanding the Jedi here would have. She didn't know if the Council would send her on assignments, or if she'd have to find ways to make herself useful, but she hoped to find out.

She then offered Travot a smile in return but looked at Caltin to listen to his guidance on the matter.

76682.gif

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna Arden Durane Arden Durane
(Going to jump the order one time here)

Caltin held up one finger as if to say "Hold on". He wasn't in disagreement or anything and heard everything they had said, but there was another matter that had his attention. There was a young Wookiee hanging precariously and the big guy was eyeing him, ready to react. When his parents caught and began to punish him for his dangerous behavior Caltin turned his attention back to the conversation. It was simple enough, there was no real initiation, especially since Caltin had already met and confirmed her status.

I wouldn't worry about that.

Shaking his head and putting his hands on his hips, he watched a new ship come in for a landing. It was actually one made by his, well, Liram's company(he funded it), one of the luxury yachts.

Welcome.Travot, care to get her set up with a residence and a landing bay?

ZhUyygm.png

Travot nodded Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , "Certainly Master, it would be my pleasure."

He turned back to Valery Noble Valery Noble , "There will be some administrative paperwork to get cleared with in order to get you permanent quarters within the main temple itself, but I imagine it won't take more than a day or two."

Travot gestured towards one of the nearby hangars of the Silver Landing, "Hangar Besh Three over there is currently unoccupied- the hangar itself should be large enough to hold your X-wing. The guest quarters attached to it were last used several days ago by a rather tidy fellow of the Galactic Alliance before he returned to Coruscant. The cleaning droids usually are pretty good about turning it around in good order, but I will go with you just to make sure everything is in order..."

Travot searched the onlookers until his eyes settled on an older ASP-series droid donated to the Order long ago. Obnoxious to try and get information out of due to its literal two word vocabulator, Gonks nonetheless had become a useful gopher on the Silver Landing, acting as part courier, valet, and janitor.

"Gonks, could you come over here please?"

"Affirmative."

The simplistic droid hobbled over to the two and Travot fished out a datapad out of a vest that the droid. The knight briefly scribbled with the stylus on part of the screen before handing the datapad to Valery.

"This has everything on it that you should need to know in order to get started here. A basic map of the temple, meal times, services, and that sort of thing. I've written my comlink channel on there in case you ever have any questions or need any help with anything...but forgive me, I may be getting ahead of myself. Do you have any baggage or immediate needs that we should address before going to your temporary quarters?"

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Back into Action

Valery's eyes briefly turned to the hanging young Wookie as Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor raised a finger. She blinked and raised an eyebrow, not at Caltin but at she was seeing. She then turned her attention back to the others with a small shake of her head, as the situation was being handled by the Wookie's parents. Hearing Caltin speak again, she'd offer a gentle smile.

"Thank you for the warm welcome, Master Vanagor." she said with a respectful dip of her head.

Her focus then shifted to Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna , who began to explain a few things about getting her set up. Waiting a few days for permanent quarters didn't seem too bad. During her meditative retreat, she had no luxury at all for several months, so a few days of living in guest quarters was already something she considered an upgrade. She was especially looking forward to finally taking a hot shower or bath again - it had been too long. But there were other matters to take care of first.

"I appreciate the help, and I honestly don't need much. If the guest quarters are clean and a decent place to sleep, I will not complaint." she said with a bit of a smirk while she watched the little droid wobble its way over. She listened to the brief interaction and took the datapad, which she skimmed through before looking back up.

"I don't have any baggage or personal belongings." she paused and blinked at her own words, "But if my ship could get a maintenance check, I would highly appreciate it. During my time away, I've kept it running just fine but I never had access to any hangars for more thorough checks and maintenance, and I'm not the most tech savvy person." she said with a slightly sheepish smile. She hoped the ship wasn't falling apart at this point because she heavily disliked being a burden as a newcomer. But luckily, that was all she really needed.

"Other than that, I'm ready to go to the guest quarters."

Travot turned to Gonks.

"Get her X-wing on the next slot for the guest maintenance schedule," said the knight before turning back to Valery Noble Valery Noble , "once your ship has a permanent hangar, it'll have a more regular team take care of it on a routine basis. Unless you prefer to do some of the maintenance yourself."

Travot led the woman further away from the landing pad as people started to disperse. The Silver Landing demonstrated much of the Silver Jedi Order's philosophy when it came to nature - plants grew up all around the landing pads, kept just at bay from encroaching onto the duracrete pads and hangars thanks to combination of careful horticultural efforts and the occasional, errant accidental clipping of a branch or vine by a maintenance droid or careless padawan.

The two neared Hangar Besh Three, entering through its currently opened blast doors and passing through its near empty working space before approaching a small flight of stairs doubled back several times before leading up to the quarters doors. Travot tapped a stud on his comlink, transmitting a universal passcode to the doors, which caused them to effortlessly slide open to reveal a surprisingly modern room which overlooked most of the landing pads. The two could even see her X-wing a short ways away. He pointed at the electro-telescope near the window.

"The last guest liked to observe the incoming ships from a distance - he called it shipwatching," mused the bulky man, "but if you'd like, I can take that back and get it put away with the rest of landing's observation equipment. Is there anything you might need before I leave to get unpacked and settled?"

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Back into Action

Valery chuckled and shook her head, "I'll leave the maintenance to the teams here. Aside from very basic repairs, I know far too little to safely maintain the ship." she said. Before her time in stasis, Valery flew a Liberator class fighter, and it had taken her a lot of time to get comfortable with maintenance on it. There was no way she'd be able to take care of an X-wing right now.. not for a while.

As Travot Ravenna Travot Ravenna then began to lead her away, she'd offer the other Jedi a kind smile and bow of her head. The two departed and the woman began to look around the area, taking in much of the environment. The Silver Rest was quite different from her former Temple, but it was beautiful and its relationship with nature was something she quite enjoyed.

Once the two reached the room, Valery stepped inside and blinked - it was quite a lot more than she expected. Slowly, the woman walked around, her fingers trailing over some furniture while she stared out through the window.
"Well.. this is certainly a step up from sleeping in a tent for a few months." she joked, but it was true. Her back was definitely going to appreciate a proper mattress over cold, hard ground.

Her eyes shifted back to Travot and she'd smile,
"You can take the telescope - I won't hold onto equipment. As for other things.." she paused and hummed in thought for a moment.

"I don't believe there is anything else. You gave me a map, so I'll likely take a look around soon. I'm going to first get some rest and take care of a few things I've missed for some time now." she said with the same smile.

"Thank you for all the help, Knight Ravenna."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom