Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby Steps

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
I had been over a month since I declared myself alive, and yet I was still no closer to fully understanding what I had meant by it.

Processing through my data banks I believed it best to try and start by exposing myself to the way organics live and act. Given my current situation I found it best to disguise myself, wearing a large hood with gloves and boots to conceal my droid-like appearance from any unwanted eyes. While not a perfect disguise it had been sufficient enough. Next came the matter of residence which, thanks to credits which had previously been stolen from a known drug lord, I was able to acquire a sufficient apartment complex. I of course used the guise that I was droid on orders from my false master to secure the room for his eventual arrival and that he was a busy individual that would often be away on business. Any and all questions asked were dismissed when I had paid three months in advanced. I could begin to understand the appeal my former creator had in wanting to use others money for his own gain. The room itself provided enough; television, ideal locations for outlets for recharging, even a comfortable couch and bed. While I do not need it I felt it appropriate to use the bed to relax in while recharging.

Today I had decided to make more use of the open sights around the planet Courascant, which is why I decided to simply go out and sit in a nearby park; while in disguise of course. I found a nearby bench with ideal positioning to see a number of organics busying themselves with whatever tasks they saw fit to endure. I believed I would find suitable information on being more alive here. I must be careful though and take what organics call "baby steps" in fully understanding.

Little could I estimate that this day would turn into it's own experience for myself, as I did not realize I was being watched by two odd individuals who, asserting now, were likely among those my creator had told about my presence. From there it would be clear they wanted to take me back in order to do what I can relate to the organic saying of "Not good".

"Intriguing." Disguised as an ordinary goer-by, her hair dyed, skin human colored, and eyes a natural blue with their contacts, Circe Savan noticed a particularly intriguing sentient. At least, she assumed it was a sentient. The form seemed particularly well-shaped to be a natural being, and the Vinithi as curious as to whether she was an artificial construct. Stepping forward, she accidentally bumped into the woman, dropping her datapad.

"Oops... Terribly sorry about that."

@[member="MAI"]

Nico Upton

N
@[member="MAI"]

Having a remarkably sized system of contacts throughout the galaxy proves useful. T.J. received word of a very special and very useful artificial intelligence. An AI that managed to escape the clutches of it's creators and venture out into the cold, lonely galaxy without any proper friendship. To ignore such information and not capitalize upon it would be idiotic.

T.J. had returned to Coruscant for the first time since his mother's funeral specifically to find this AI and recruit it under his services. With a pair of bodyguards, he began scouring the planet for the AI. Soon, his contact on the planet had reached him with news of the AI's position. An AI in a park was surely nothing ordinary, then again what is in the galaxy? T.J. immediately caught a cab to the park where the AI was sulking and, soon enough, saw her with his own eyes.

T.J. laughed to himself as he saw the woman run into the bench the AI was sitting on. "How could anyone be so stupid as to run into a bench? She must be new here." T.J. said. His voice was manly and strong like a gentleman gangster. His brown eyes turned towards the AI and a smirk grew on his face. "I've heard much 'bout you. I know that you were created and used by some dumb schutta who don't know how to handle someone like you." he stated smoothly. He began to slowly walk closer, his bodyguards staying the same distance away, keeping their eyes open for any trouble. "You gotta name?" T.J. inquired.

Before the AI would be able to reply, one of T.J.'s guards spotted something. Two armed men watching them closely. "Boss.." one grunted out. "Yeah, I know. Make sure we ain't disturbed." T.J. stated calmly, signaling his guards to have their weapons at the ready.

MAI

My first instinct when the female had bumped into me was to be courteous and help her pick up her dropped datapad. I still found it both odd and, to be profound enough, unintelligent on her part for bumping into someone while they were sitting. I had only put my fingers on it before the male organic approached. By the time I had looked up he acknowledge that he knew who I was. standing straight I could then see the men with him, even the one that was going to speak with the other two waiting. I turned back to the woman, who I assumed was part of this small task force sent to capture me.

"I do not wish to harm you, but I will not be taken away." I explained to both of them. Calculations surmised that the variables of me being captured would increase the more I stood around and talked, meaning I needed to take action. I pushed the man back, my superior strength likely knocking the wind out of him, back into his one guard. Then I turned and, needed to keep her distracted, tore off my hooded robe and threw it at the woman. With both dealt with I jumped over, spinning high in the air for a moment, before landing behind her and running.

I had not see as the first two men were stopped by one of the others. Had I my calculation may have been different.

@T.J. Calrissian @Circe Savan

Nico Upton

N
Luckily enough, T.J. always had a ballistic vest on under his clothing so the push from the AI merely knocked him back into one of his guards. She mentioned being taken away even though all T.J. did was ask her name. No matter. T.J. dusted himself off and his guards began to follow her.

"Wait.." T.J. called out. "It ain't even worth it. We'll just get the details on the project and make our own. I ain't got time to be dealin' with a hunk of scrap. Especially not an ignorant one." T.J. walked back to his ship, guards close behind.

"Take you... I'm not here to-" and Circe found herself with a face-full of fabric. With a somewhat angered growl, she dropped the facade, then looked to follow the droid, who was still visible as she moved away from Circe. "Just my luck..." And with that, she began to follow the automation, attempting to successfully catch it.

"Wait up! I'm not here to kidnap you!"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

It seemed as though the male was not interested anymore. I may have been wrong in my theory of him being among those trying to capture me, that was likely the two who pushed past him and his men and attempted to catch me as the female ran after me as well. She claimed to not be after me, but for all I knew it was a ruse. Organics have been known to say one thing and then go back on their word. I could not take that chance. I made my way into a busy street in an attempt to lose them, though I was not as fast as I would usually be due to the boots I was wearing. There was no time to unstrap them as ever minute I were to stop would only increase the variables of me being captured. I would simply need to adapt as organics would.

@[member="Circe Savan"] @T.J. Calrissian

She continued onwards, into the busy street, her eyes trailing on the droid who ran rather clunkily with the boots on. Whatever model this was, it was more than likely not a combat droid, hence its seeming not running at maximum efficiency. And of course a combat droid would never throw her robe into someone's face to blind them - they'd simply start shooting. But Circe was worried - this being a droid and all, it was not sensed in the Force. And Circe didn't know any droid that could be.

"Come on... I just want to talk..."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Still ignoring her calls I turned right into an alleyway, hoping to cut into another street to lead her away from the apartment complex where I took residence and then double-back once I had evaded here. However I did not take into account that set alleyway was a dead end, fenced between where I needed to go and where I'd entered. I turned back to see the woman still chasing me, forcing me to try and climb over. The boots still proved problematic in my climbing.

Little did either myself or the woman know that the men were still following, pushing past people in a more aggressive manner than either myself or her in attempting to reach me.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Alright, Polarine... You can do this." A fence was up ahead. There was only one thing she could do in order to get over it and gain ground, and that was jump. With a focus in her hands, she pushed herself over, barely missing the top of the fence as she rolled forward, the smoother transition letting her catch up time against this spectacularly intellectual automation. Circe would have to hire it - well, her - as an agent.

She was so close to the droid... If only she could pick up the pace a bit more, she'd finally be able to stop the droid and ask her why she ran away.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

The two men had reached the alley in time only to see the female jump over the fence. In all likely hood they could not, whih was why I had not seen them after that.

I still had the woman to deal with. I needed to force her somewhere else then. I found it. An open court where few organics were around. I stopped and turned to see when the woman approached. I did not bother to take note of the organics who began eying me and guessing as to what I was doing or my function. When the woman finally approached I stated "Defense systems engaged." before jumping towards her with a kick. If she would not give up on chasing me I would need to, how organics say, "beat the message" into her.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

The one thing Circe loved more than anything else was the fact that droids were customizable. The droid in front of her would more than likely able to accept tractor beams, capacitors, and other materiel to allow for simulation of Force abilities. But for now, she had to deal with the kick. Not willing to risk a show of Force here, the disguised Sith Lady simply fell back, her foot attempting to kick the left hip of the droid as hard as she could. Of course, physical contact wasn't her forte, and despite her gaining any sort of blows, it was more than likely that it would barely harm the droid, if at all.

"What's your identification? I've never seen a droid of your type before."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

There was a slight clang when she'd kicked me. I looked down at the spot where she hit, seeing no outward damage. Then she tried asking what my identification. I was certain she intended to use me now. In response I began somersaulting towards her before leaping into the air, landing behind her, and grabbing one arm and holding it behind her while forcing my other around her neck. Organics refereed to this as a "choke hold". The organics around us began to take even more note, meaning I could not outright terminate this woman. I leaned in and whispered "I do not want you, or anyone else, following me anymore. You want an advanced program, go and make your own. But I am not going to be a slave to anyone. Understood?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

TAI

T
People makin so much bloody noise this early in the bloody 'mornin, it was fething ridiculous. But the situation had gotten Donovan's attention. @[member="MAI"] was evidently a droid, advanced, possibly prototype model, and she was rather valuable. @[member="Circe Savan"] was trying to cash in on the rarity. "What the bloody hell is going on here?" He asked, in civilian attire, not identifiable as the Army of Light field leader and top sniper that he was. Vexander Graves might challenge him on that, but he could care less. A single weapon was strapped to his hip, a D-44 blaster pistol, one that'd been in his family for hundreds of years, was damn effective too.

"Who said anything about slavery? I wanted to hire you as an employee..." Not being a creature who breathed the normal way, the chokehold didn't affect Circe as much as MAI would've expected. Taking her legs, she twisted her body, her legs moving up and locking around the droid's neck.

"Just listen to me and my offer. I'm not going to shove a restraining bolt on you. I want to pay you for your work..."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I was force to remove my grip from around her and force my hands to her ankles as they gripped around my neck. While she did not choke me I could still feel the pressure from them squeezing. Despite hearing her offer I enacted the same, wrapping my legs around her neck and finding us both in an awkward position. "What do you mean?" I ask, still struggling. "Why are you so interested in me? How do you even know what I am?" My sensors had not picked up the presence of @Donovan Carlyle yet, but given enough time if he drew his weapon that might be the case. @[member="Circe Savan"]

"I can tell you're obviously a self-aware droid... You should be somewhere safe, somewhere that you won't be hunted by a rogue organization or whatnot. You deserve the same rights as sentients considering that, assumedly, you've become self-aware. Sentient. Truly Intelligent." She squeezed a little bit harder, but felt the addition of someone else into the picture, whispering her concerns not loud enough so the man could hear them.

"Someone else is around... Let's get out of here."

@[member="MAI"] @[member="Donovan Carlyle"]

MAI

"And you guarantee that?" I asked before she mentioned someone else nearby. I looked about and found the one with the weapons, likely a hunter. No real choice was left. If I continued to fight her and the other organic would be in the way, then the variables would rise. "Very well." I said, releasing her. Once she released me I stood and said "I suggest we return to my residence. I will need you to act as a false master's wife if you want to make it past the doorman."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I can certainly do that. What's your name?" She raised an eyebrow, curious as to the unit's identification as she and the droid released one another, standing up with one another. "Let's go... Who's the lucky man?" She at least wanted to know a bit about the person she evidently needed to be married to. "I might as well get to know a bit more about him before I learn more about someone such as yourself."

Well, technically, MAI was a virus, not a droid... but that was something to be explained later.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"His name is Gregor Almedia. But he is nonexistent. He is merely a false identity so that others do not become suspicious. And I do not have an actual name, though my creator had often called me MAI, short for multipurpose advanced infiltrator." When we both arrived at the complex the doorman immediately asked about @[member="Circe Savan"]. "This is my master's wife. Madam Almedia." I acted as more of a protocol droid when asking "Would you like me to take your coat once we are inside, ma'am?" The feeling was odd, if a bit uneasy to cope with, but if it meant them not asking questions then so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom