Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awkward Arkas Assembly

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Laira was probably figuring out where Elpsis got her attitude towards relationships and casual sex from. Her adoptive parents did not just tolerate her promiscuitry, but encouraged it. "Aww, but, Mum, I wanted to have Laira perform for me in private," the empath pouted. In truth, Elpsis would sadly be unable to enjoy a riveting erotic dance. Unless there was a lot of skin contact. When she looked at someone she did not see their face or much of their figure. She saw a blurry shape and their aura, which might look appealing to her or not.

"Your choice, Laira. If you think you're up for the challenge. I must admit I'd be eager to see what the Zeltrons have taught you," Siobhan said, looking a bit amused. The Ranger was cute, after all! If nothing else, she could at least tease the couple a bit. The Firecougar sipped her Naboo wine, wiping her lips with a tissue.

"The Alderaanian system does not sound bad. Authority must be balanced with responsibility and low level autonomy. Firemane is obviously a business, not a planetary government, but the choice of leadership is not left to the whims of shareholders or a board of directors. That would only compromise our vision for by pursuing short-sighted personal agendas. Any successor to me will be trained rigorously, prove herself by serving in a variety of posts and working her way up the corporate ladder. I'd prefer a former soldier, but she'd need to have a good understanding of business and politics. And she will be appointed by myself, though I will accept input my wife and I suppose the Board."

The board was mentioned almost as an afterthought. Unsurprisingly, Siobhan had no intention of retiring for a long time. If she had her way, one of her young wards, Livia or Adril, would one day sit in her chair. But they were still children, so time would tell how realistic these aspirations were. It was convenient that Firemane was purely privately owned.

Laira blushed a deep crimson, but maintained her demeanor. She was able to keep smiling and after a few timid blinks she managed a response without sounding too sheepish. "I'm more of a private show kind of girl Miss Kerrigan, Miss Alcori, but if I'm ever in need of a couple of Sugar-Mamas I'll look you up." She grinned, nudging Elpsis a little in hopes of getting some support and maybe a laugh for her joke. That was a bit more forward than she had expected from them considering her and Elpsis were very clearly involved with one another.

"Personally, my brother and I are kind of torn about the thought of Royal Succession. I have the traditional sword and crown, as well as being the eldest child, but I haven't made any heavy committments towards settling down into the throne. If I had to be honest, I'm too young to want to be queen and there are far too many things to see and do, and too many people to meet." Plus there was the fact that once she assumed the throne that would be the end of her adventures. Unlike Princess Leia Organa, Laira would have a planet to govern. She wouldn't be free to adventure, have a family, pursue the Jedi path, and fight wars like her ancient predecessor.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Laira Darkhold"] [member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Mission accomplished. Tegaea grinned, whilst acknowledging that it was perhaps a little odd that she had asked her daughter’s girlfriend to ‘dance’ for them. Rather, she acknowledged that people outside her circle might find it odd, so she nodded.
“I am glad to hear, Laira. I would expect nothing less from one of your station,” she added. Was that a backhand to royalty? If it was she made no sign.

To the later, she nodded. “I came to ruling the Protectorate young, too young perhaps. I had experience of command and leadership, but I was barely 30 when that occurred. Of course, the succession passes to you the moment your mother passes, so I hope that is many years away for everyone’s sake. Experience makes a ruler far more than any lessons or traditions can. This is why I approve and like that you travel so much, see how people really live, see how the galaxy actually works, not just how it should do.”

[member="Laira Darkhold"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Elpsis looked just a little smug. "I guess you'll just have to imagine her moves, Mum," she said a bit cheekily.

"If you use any of my toys, make sure you return them - after cleaning them," Siobhan said pointedly. "And don't be too loud." In the light of the fact that Sio was a noise queen, she was being a big hypocrite. She glanced towards her wife.

"You did a fine job running the Protectorate. It was let down by malelings, cowards and traitors. But experience is the best teacher. Far more than theory. At least if you take the crown, Laira, you will have gained a broad understanding of what life is like outside of the palace," she added.

"In any case, it's not like Laira's gonna be queen tomorrow. Still plenty of time, I hope anyway," Elpsis spoke up.

Slowly Siobhan got to her feet. "I'll see you two tomorrow, girls. Elpsis, try to keep your room orderly this time. It took ages for the maidens to make it presentable."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom