Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awkward Arkas Assembly

The trip to Arkas took the girls a while to travel to from Terax as the two freighters linked together and made the series of jumps to the planet housing the Firemane Villa.

Dimeria, the Knight of the Eternal Flame that accompanied Laira had transferred to Elpsis's ship and slaved the controls and computers together in order to leave the two redheads alone together with the run of the Rebel Outcast.

To Laira's credit, although it had taken her a lot of time to become acquainted and get comfortable around Elpsis, since they had she became very giving and generous with their time alone. She had also become very needy in a physical sense desiring closeness, cuddling, and affections as often as Elpsis was willing to give her those things and was happily reciprocating to the blind witch.

As Arkas had appeared before the ships and they had begun their descent, Laira had allowed herself to be torn away from the other redhead long enough to clean up and dress in preparation for meeting with Elpsis's mothers and other family members. Part of her felt guilty that she was hiding her own heritage from the redhead, but it wasn't for her protection. It was to protect her mother, her father, even her sometimes annoying brother and all the citizens of Alderaan. If too many people knew what she was, and connected Alderaan as responsible for her adventures then it could have dangerous repercussions she wanted to avoid.

She pulled on a pair of black spandex trousers over her lacy undergarments, shimmying to until it was comfortable for the redhead, the laces on her white shirt opened low enough to see the red lace underneath from the right angles. She wasn't worried about making an impression on them, at least not a royal impression. As far as they knew and would be told Laira was just a spacer with the Coalition Rangers that Elpsis had taken a liking to and went adventuring with. Hopefully they would like her based on that alone, she already liked them just because they had helped raise the gorgeous flame haired witch she was so taken with.

In fact the trip to Terax had done nothing to alleviate her emotions and attachments to the witch, if anything only exacerbating them into a very strong emotional connection. In a perfect world, they would be together, but it wasn't perfect. It was flawed and Laira needed to accept that Elpsis wasn't going to settle down, but she could enjoy their time together for now.

"Come on sweetie, we're landing." She called into the closet, hoping Elpsis had found some of her clothing that fit as the ship made planetfall.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

[member="Laira Darkhold"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Tropical paradise was a word that applied to Arkas in general and Corcyra in particular. As the Rebel Outcast swooped down from the cerulean sky, its occupants would behold a beautiful ocean, sandy-white beaches, palm trees and a magnificient, palatial villa. The Kerrigan-Alcori clan had promptly claimed this place as their private refuge after the planet had been freed from the grip of slavers. Needless to say the place was heavily guarded. Concealed defence guns, shield generators and a personal guard detachment were all in place to deter aggressors.

"I know. I'm ready," Elpsis called out from the closet. A moment later she stepped out. Predictably, she was wearing very little. Firstly, because it was hot outside and secondly because she was not fond of confining clothing. Or clothes, to be honest.

So she'd stuck with a pair of shorts and a tank top. Laira was a bit shorter than her and had larger frontal assets, whereas Elpsis had more junk in the trunk, but it sort of it. "Spandex suits you," she spoke sweetly, after inspecting Laira's outfit by feeling her up. After concluding her petting session, she took the redhead's hand. "Nervous?" she asked.

Laira gasped when Elpsis's hands fell onto her, not surprised, but vocalizing her appreciation of the gesture. The redhead was quite pleased to have Elpsis all over her, and that only made her exude more pheromones of delight and desire from her ring. "I'll remember that."

"No," She grinned while the redhead took her hand, which prevented Laira from returning her own affections at the blind woman. "They adopted you, which means they are probably amazing like you. And parent's love me." She was lying, she was nervous about meeting them. What if her mothers disliked her? Would that put an end to their relationship or reinforce it?

Laira had to control herself to keep from pulling on Elpsis or dragging the blind girl into long passionate kisses that would only lead to other things. There would be time for that, but they could hardly sit in the spaceship until she was satisfied, because they didn't have that much time. Laira wanted to make a good impression and she couldn't manage that if the two girls arrived a half hour late with disheveled bed hair. Instead she was able to manage a short kiss to reassure Elpsis and center herself. She was here because she cared a lot about Elpsis and that was all that mattered.

"Those shorts look good on you." She grinned, the white and blue shorts with a deep crimson red that didn't match at all, and the shorts didn't quite fit on the blind girl due to being bought for a girl with much less junk in her trunk. Laira didn't mind the shorts being hiked up as high as they could be though. "I wouldn't bend over much though, at least not unless its in front of me." the waistband could only do so much to keep them up.

The ramp lowered for the girls and they began making their way onto the tropical paradise. Eventually they would have to go to the beach as that was Laira's favorite activity plus she got to wear pretty outfits and stretch out in the warm sand at places like this. The island was well defended, but it appeared that Firemane's top couple had spared no expense in an attempt to keep the villa with the appearance of luxury instead of cold fortress aesthetics. Soft curves in the architecture, a pretty mixture of colors and scents from local trees and plants, mixing with the salt from the oceans that surrounded the island.

The girls were let into the villa, Laira looping her arms around Elpsis and leaning upon her like an enamored teen on the captain of a sports team as Elpsis led her inside.

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Laira Darkhold"] [member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Time passed for everyone, for some rougher than others. When one was the joint head of one of the largest corporations in the galaxy, the passage of time was a bit smoother.
Still, that did not mean that Tegaea Alcori could allow herself to become a corpulent blob. So she spent 1-2 hours a day in hard exercise and watched what she ate to maintain a trim, taut physique. It also helped for other…recreational activities…she pursued assiduously.

It was whilst she was doing a series of pull ups that Simoon entered. The Dahomian watched her boss for a moment before clearing her throat.
“Uhh, ma’am. Sorry to interrupt, but the visitors will be here soon.”
Tegaea dropped down and pulled a towel to dry herself off. “Oh, right, lost track of time. Thank you. Ensure that they land on pad 2, and run the usual scans. Inform Siobhan. I’ll meet them downstairs.”
“Yes, ma’am.”

And so when the ships came in to land a pretty dark skinned girl was waiting for them. Elpsis would know her.
“Good morning, ladies, I am Harmony. Please come with me, the Mistress is awaiting you.”

Inside a grand reception hall Tegaea was indeed waiting, wearing a red dress and with an impressive gold necklace around her neck.
“Welcome back, Elpsis, my dear!” she said, coming forward to give her adoptive daughter a hug. “And you must be Laira. Welcome to Arkas, very pleased to meet you!”
Elpsis had not told her much about Laira, but she guessed she was a girlfriend. Tegaea already knew Tempest obviously, and knew there were others, and didn’t mind.
Three redheads in the same room, could the universe cope?

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Laira Darkhold"]

It was such a simple thing. Calling upon the Force to lift a tiny rock. Once, Siobhan would have been able to do so with zero effort. Indeed, she could have accelerated the rock to the point where it reached the velocity of a railgun shot. Or just lifted a series of huge boulders.

Now she could do none of these things. Beads of sweat dripped down her face and back as she willed the small pebble into the air. Her hands trembled and the rock wavered, but she forced it to remain in the air. Such was her concentration that she felt a spike of pain inside her chest, but she persevered.

She could do this. Once, she'd laid waste to armies, made the dark lord run away after beating him quite handily in a duel, crushed a goddess beneath her boot. All she needed to do was want in it enough. The pebble fell back down to the floor.

"Damn it," she cursed angrily.

"You kept managed to keep it up longer than last time," Leonina Varkathras interjected. The Cathar female was dressed in the scarlet robes of the Order of Fire, with a lightsabre hanging on her belt.

"Insufficient," Siobhan grunted. "I can do better than this. I will do better than this."

"The mind heals, but the body takes longer to catch up."

"I'm not in the mood for pithy statements, Leonina." Irritation rolled from Siobhan in waves.

"Nor I am in the mood for sheer dumb stubbornness...so I suppose we both have to cope with an unfavourable situation. As it is, you've already started training weeks ahead of schedule and against doctoral advice."

"Stubbornness has won me battles. I do not quit, I do not flag or flail. I have never achieved anything by lying in my bed and waiting until the time is right. When I want something, I push. I will it into being. The world does hand you things. Besides, you're helping me, aren't you?"

The Cathar shrugged. "Might as well do wrong right. Your problem is this, you keep judging yourself based on your old strength. Sorry to say this, but then you may always fall short. You only pull down an SD once. You must strive...but your goals must be realistic."

"It is a benchmark I will achieve. You'll see," Siobhan declared confidently. "Furthermore, it is something I have to strive for, given the pitiful state of the galaxy. No one else can do what I do. I was given a second wind to defend my family. That is why I am in this world. Let's go again."

"Fair enough," Leonina stated in a tone that screamed 'it's your health'. "Relax. Conserve your energy. Don't let it all out in one burst. The moment it gets painful, abort. You're no use to anyone if you have another stroke."

Taking to take her advice to heart, Siobhan concentrated. Deep, careful breaths. Slowly, the pebble rose. Her grip was shaky, but it got into the air. She willed it to stay there, ignoring the pain. She succeeded. For a very short while. Then it collapsed onto the floor. "Alright, take a break. This is nonnegotiable. We've been at this for two hours straight, and you need a rest."

"I decide when it is time to take a break. If you need one, leave, I shall continue," Siobhan said determinedly, though even she looked tired "What is it?" she demanded when she saw Simoom. The Dahomian bodyguard had been watching the scene for a few moments.

"Sorry for interrupting, Mistress. But you have visitors. Mistress Elpsis and a Laira Darkhold have arrived. Mistress Alcori is with them," Simoom reported crisply, falling back into time and tested professionalism.

Siobhan frowned. "I recall the Darkhold girl from Serenade. How nice of Elpsis to pop by. Doubtless she will regale us with tales about how she's been gallivanting across the Galaxy instead of contributing to the family business." She dried herself off with a towel. "Fetch my dress. I will be there shortly. I suppose you get your wish, Leonina."

[member="Laira Darkhold"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"That's the spirit. C'mon! It'll be fun!" Elpsis said cheerfully. It was not one hundred percent genuine. As they were let into the villa, they were welcomed by Harmony. "Hi, Harmony!" Elpsis liked the Dahomian. She was kind, sweet and great in bed.

The empath saw nothing strange about sleeping with her parents' harem girls. Much like she did not see anything weird about the fact that her girlfriend Tempest was her parents' more than occasional lover. That said, part of her was still happy that Laira was kind of 'hers'. She might have given the busty black woman a pat on the booty as Harmony led them inside.

There they were greeted by her adoptive mother. Elpsis' eyes remained as vacant as ever, but her face lit up. "Hi, Mum!" she eagerly returned the embrace, holding on to the taller woman for a bit before releasing her. She gave her an affectionate kiss on the cheek.

"You look great. Is...Mother here?" There was a not of trepidation in her voice when she brought up Siobhan. Composing herself, she stepped aside, so that Tegs could see Laira. "This is Laira Darkhold. She's a Coalition Ranger, and real awesome. We killed a Krayt together!" she declared, sounding quite excited.

Laira held herself close to Elpsis as they were lead from the landing pad and into the villa by a busty dark-skinned woman who had introduced herself as Harmony. The redhead kept quite and kept her smile, as the first introductions were made with an older redheaded woman, Tegaea, Elpsis's favorite mum. She was observant and noticed the familiarity of the moniker for Tegaea and the formalness of Mother for Siobhan. Even a little concern in Elpsis's tone. So things were as tense between the blind witch and her adoptive Mother as she had mentioned.

Regardless, Laira held her own. She was also a hugger and so with embraces going around, Laira stepped up and hugged Tegaea warmly. She even rubbed the older woman's back as she pressed herself against the woman for several long seconds. "Yes, I've heard so much about you Miss Alcori. I just wish Elpsis had warned me I'd be the plainest girl in the room." Laira smiled as she released the older woman, paying both her and Elpsis a compliment. It may not have been completely sincere, but she would readily admit Tegaea was a fox with an elegant beauty, much like the tropical island and resort she resided on.

Returning to wrap herself against Elpsis's arm the redhead smiled at her companion, making casual conversation. Laira wanted to make a good impression, and she supposed the best way was to be a little humble and a little flirty while affirming that she was there with Elpsis and not shopping for a Sugar Momma. She affirmed this by closeness with the blind-woman for now, and she'd be willing to reinforce the sentiment if necessary as the conversation continued. "You didn't tell me you had a hot mom, but I should have guessed. Everything about you is gorgeous, why would your moms be any different." Adopted or not, the witch was Tegaea's daughter and they even shared a slight resemblance beyond just matching flaming red hair.

Doing her best to match the Witch's excitement despite the nervousness she was trying to hide, Laira chimed in alongside her, "And a sea serpent. Actually, I think this is the first time we've been together without the pretext of violence." A truthful joke, hopefully one that was funny, about their antics which normally started with some form of hunt or fighting. The redhead was actually purposefully avoiding mentioning the legendary Siobhan Kerrigan, having heard many stories about the former Dark Jedi and her abilities, as well as enough from Elpsis to know she was a bit of a judgmental grump. Being in the same room as such a fearsome person wasn't something Laira looked forward to, especially with the obvious motherly tones that many women had towards their daughters' partners. The last thing she wanted to do was upset the titanic figure and be smashed into smithereens for her trouble.

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Tegaea was a little surprised and more than a little impressed by the sheer, for want of a better word, ballsiness of Laira. It took a lot of confidence to flirt with your girlfriend’s mother, even if it was light.
“And Elpsis didn’t tell me she was bringing home such an exquisite redhead. She has good taste, to say the least.”
Unlike a certain Jedi whom Laira had just visited, Tegaea was more than willing to match her, and if it came to it, only the fact that Elpsis was her paramour might save her from a cougar pounce!

“Siobhan is just doing some exercises with Leonina. She’ll be down soon.”
She readily saw the concern on Elpsis’ face, but there wasn’t much she could do to allay that concern. After all, she was the far more enthusiastic of the parents towards Elpsis.

They entered, passing a large conference room, and then passed upstairs via an elegant staircase to the upper floor. There, a sun lounge and sitting area had been set aside.
“Please, take a seat, girls, my wife will be here soon. What can I get you to drink? Harmony makes a great cocktail. I’ll have the usual, please, dear.”
“Yes, Mistress!” Harmony said with a cheeky grin. She’d need ‘correction’ later. It was something they were both looking forward to.
The westward view was that of an endless azure sea. The glass was partly opaque so the sun would not dazzle, but still provided a wonderful view.

The exchange caused Elpsis to giggle a bit. "We've just arrived and you're already moving on to a hotter, more dominant redhead, Laira. Should I be worried?" she asked with mock outrage. "Be careful. Or Mummy may just pounce, drag you to her pleasure room and have her way with you if you encourage her too much," she gave Laira's hand a fond squeeze.

Tegaea's comment about Siobhan caused her to furrow her brow. "Mother's already back at training? Thought she was, y'know, still recovering and stuff," she shifted a bit awkwardly. Siobhan's health problems were a rather delicate matter. Especially since the Lady Kerrigan reacted poorly any time they were brought up.

Upstairs a sun lounge awaited. Quickly, Elpsis made herself comfortable. The view was truly magnificient. Of course, she could not quite see it, but she could feel the warm rays of the sun, hear the waves rush against the shoreline outside.

xxx

Meanwhile, Siobhan was getting ready. She showered, had a servant girl get her firemane in order and slipped into a severe black dress. It was rather formal and conservative, as opposed to revealing, and made her look rather domineering. Finally, she attached her jewellry.

An ornate necklace, a bracelet and her wedding ring. All of these items were made of gold. Furthermore, the necklace bore the symbol of the Firemane. She was the boss, after all, and nobody should forget it. The words 'A Kerrigan always pays her debts' were engraved on the bracelet. Finally, she got up, after casting a glance at the mirror.

The face that stared back at her was still beautiful. But it was a beauty weathered by age, stress and battle. Some minor lipstick concealed a few blemishes. It did little for the scars, but she did not care for obfuscating those. She'd earned her wealth and power on the battlefield.

"Want help, Mistress?" Simoom asked. Her boss was leaning on a cane.

"I am quite capable of walking, Simoom."

"I know," the muscular Dahomian, who had the build of a bodybuilder and towered over Siobhan, spoke. "Bit of a walk though," she added in that no-nonsense tone of hers that somehow managed to be deferrential without being submissive.

There was a pause. "True. Till we reach the passage ahead of the lounge," Siobhan relented after a moment, accepting the profferred arm.

Laira grinned, quickly returning to having her arms wrapped around Elpsis's and getting comfortable alongside the blind witch. The ranger was just being polite to Tegaea, though the older woman still had a youthful vigor and appearance. She much preferred Elpsis not because of her looks, which in her opinion were still unmatched, but because of how she was all the time they had spent together. "I never said Hotter." Laira corrected quietly with a grin, "Nothing's hotter than you." she added with a soft whisper in Elpsis's ear.

When it came time to sit down and Elpsis was comfortable, the redhead had to pause. She was conflicted. Should she sit by all lady-like and await the judgments of House Kerrigan and House Alcori? Should she sit beside Elpsis and broadcast that she was claimed for lack of a better word for it, at least claimed as far as anyone in this villa would be concerned? Or, should she go with her first inclination and just be herself with no reservations about it?

She chose the latter most option and decided to sit in Elpsis's lap. She was turned to the side she wasn't blocking her redhead from the room and she was leaned back some, but was otherwise in Elpsis's lap and appeared quite content and quite amused with herself.

The Princess quietly refrained from engaging in the conversation about Lady Kerrigan and recovering. Stories of Siobhan scared her, and in honesty, Laira would have much preferred just meeting Tegaea. Less risk of being deemed unworthy and thrown into a nearby star or crushed into little pieces. Also Elpsis seemed to be apprehensive about her other mother, which made Laira want to distract her and keep her spirits up. To that end she wiggled as she got comfortable.

As a drink was offered, Laira grinned and once again decided to go for herself, unrestrained, "If you have any jawa juice I'd be grateful." The slightly alcoholic drink was her favorite spirit, though she didn't mind others or the occasional cocktail.

The blazing sapphire colored sea stretched on endlessly, separated from the sky by a thin white barrier at the horizon. Laira did enjoy her beaches very much, so this world was a paradise as far as she was concerned. Great views, nice and tropical without being a desert, and had company she found enthralling. "You have a lovely home, miss Alcori. Elpsis has told me so much about you and your wife, I've been looking forward to meeting you both."

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"] [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Tegaea raised an amused eyebrow. “Now, now, Elpsis, don’t frighten the poor girl. Besides, she’s your chew toy too, so I’m not the sort to take from my daughter. I have plenty of fair maidens here without stealing yours.”
She spoke lightly, smiling to show she was in a good mood.

When Elpsis mentioned Siobhan’s recovery though she became a bit more serious.
“She is working her way back up slowly, taking it carefully,” she said in a warning tone. Siobhan was exceptionally sensitive about her health and was liable to take even an innocent inquiry from Elpsis as criticism. Especially from Elpsis.
Tegaea hoped that Elpsis understood her meaning. She didn’t want to come out and say anything with a guest present, but she needed her adoptive daughter to understand the gravity and soreness of the point.

Harmony entered at that moment, breaking the tension.
“Drinks for all!” she said brightly. She laid out Jawa Juice for Laira, a wine for Tegaea and some spirits for Elpsis. She also set down a drink for Siobhan for when she arrived.

Tegaea smile again at Laira who was sitting on Elpsis’ lap.
“And likewise! Elpsis has been very complimentary of your abilities.” Fighting abilities of course, dear reader.
“So, tell me about yourself, Laira. How did you two meet? How did you get into the adventuring business?”

The warning tone did not escape Elpsis. "Oh, ok. I'm glad she's, uh, getting back in the game and all that," she looked a little sheepish. "If I can help in some way," she trailed off. Siobhan's medical condition was an awkward topic. Especially since her adoptive mother happened to be an extremely difficult patient.

Harmony broke the tension by appearing at the right moment bearing drinks. Elpsis accepted the profferred glass. With the hand that was not occupied with feeling up Laira's butt, which had been conveniently planted on her lap. As she made her rounds, Harmony gave the pair a wink. The pretty Dahomian was wearing a dress that showed an indecent amount of cleavage.

"Well, we met in Ahto City," Elpsis spoke up, but then she was cut off when she heard a very familiar tap-tap outside. Siobhan's arrival was heralded by the sound of her cane on the floor. Simoom waited outside, ready to help the Lady if she needed it.

"The city that gets sunk by elder horrors, Sith or idiot Jedi every couple years, but the Selkath always rebuild it. You almost have to respect their dedication...even if the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. The way they talk is bloody vexing. Shame really, the city itself is quite nice," Siobhan abruptly interjected. She was not fond of the fish people. Partly because Adril had died saving them from Cthulhu. Partly because they just creeped her out. She kept wanting to have a bottle of tartare sauce on hand.

The Lady walked stiffly, with a strong limp. Indeed, pain shot through her legs, but she refused to call for aid. Siobhan was paler and looked more frail than the images Laira might have seen in magazines, posters or the Holonet would have made her believe. Image had a power of its own, and Siobhan had been carefully managing hers for many years. Even now she was still doing it, right down to the magnificient but severe black dress and golden jewellry. Her perfectly coiffed firemane was done up. Her head was held high.

"Mother," Elpsis said demurely.

"Elpsis," Siobhan acknowledged her with a nod, but no affectionate gestures. "Welcome home. Nice to see you pay your family a visit," her tone was polite, but aloof and there was a palpable note of reproach in it. Her brown eyes fell upon the girl in Elpsis' lap. Siobhan made no comment about that, but wondered whether the girl might be a wee bit needy. If she were staking a claim, Elpsis would be the one in her lap.

"You must be Laira Darkhold. Major Tempest informed me you aided us at Serenade. You have my thanks for that. Welcome to Corcyra. Please, continue." Harmony pulled up a chair, and Siobhan sat down. Naturally she sat in her usual seat, planting a kiss on her wife's cheek as she did so.

"Chew toy?" Laira said quizzically, looking from Tegaea back to Elpsis, her tone not as joking and filled with giggling anymore as suddenly she was confused. "I'm not just a chew toy," She retorted after a moment, "I, uh," She paused as the two redheads never discussed what exactly their relationship was or how to label it for conversation. She didn't even know how many lovers Elpsis had waiting in the stocks for Laira to screw up and get tossed to the side. And she simply stopped, unsure of what to call herself in relation to Elpsis and she seemed a little crestfallen about the whole situation.

What was she to Elpsis?

She was however cheered up quite a bit when Elpsis's hand slipped against her rear-end, which sent a shiver up her spine. The two had been fairly intertwined since the events of Terax and Laira was a little clingy. The drinks being brought out, the closeness, and now Elpsis's blatant shows of affection in front of her own mother helped to reassure Laira a great deal. She was still unsure of her place in the hierarchy of the blind witch's lovers, but she was pretty happy with where she was right now and vocalized her delight with a slight soft purr and movement of her hips.

And then the mood slipped away as Siobhan made her way into the room. The cane wasn't what Laira expected and the limp wasn't at all what she expected from someone with her legendary status. But the black dress and the done up hair, the older but still noticeable attractiveness, that was what she expected. And from Elpsis's warnings, the conversation was what Laira expected.

"Oh, it was nothing." Laira brushed off the compliment, honest that she didn't feel like she had been a lot of help. At the time she had been missing an arm and avoiding heavy combat, using her partner, the Force-Dead Knight, as a shield during the attack. "Ahto was lovely though, Elpsis and I met at a sandwich place and then decided to spend our vacations together. When we were, otherwise engaged in the shallows, the beach we were at was attacked by a sea serpent we went and dealt with."

"As far as how did I start adventuring, well I'm with the Coalition Rangers, but before that I was just a smuggler. Not having anywhere to call home and not having any family certainly helps."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Tegaea had raised a polite eyebrow to Laira’s first words. Did the girl either not know of Elpsis’ wandering eye or was she in denial about it? The galaxy was always full of those who thought they could change someone. Elpsis liked to spread the love around, and Tegaea expected no different here.

“My apologies for the turn of phrase,” she said. It wasn’t her place to enlighten the girl.

When Siobhan entered she rose and gave her wife a kiss. “Beasts of the sea do make interesting enemies. When you sail into their habitat you have to have your wits about you!”
She remembered the kraken defending the Xioquo Underealm.

“It is nice to see you again, Elpsis,” Tegaea agreed with Siobhan, though in a less frosty tone.

“Ah, so you were the lass Tempest mentioned? That was a bad business, but I’m glad you were there to help. Tempest spoke highly of your skills.”

And in turn that made Tegaea think better of Laira. Someone who was an asset to Firemane was a better match for her daughter than a pretty airhead or a gold digger.

[member="Laira Darkhold"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Laira's distress did not escape Elpsis, though she picked up on it later than she would have liked. She felt bad for the other redhead. At the same time...it was no secret how she operated. Sorry. She didn't mean anything by it, she broadcast telepathically. There was more petting.

"Yeah, it was one hell of a fight. The beast was, like, huge, and eating folks, but we took it down," Elpsis said in a brighter tone. "We make a greal great hunting team." Enthusiasm rolled off her.

Siobhan took a sip from her drink. "I see your enthusiasm for adventuring continues to be boundless. It's unfortunate you weren't there on Arkas. Your skills could have been quite useful." The reproach was obvious.

Elpsis bit back the urge to say something scatological. "Yeah, well, I wasn't. Didn't hear about what happened till it was over," she looked a bit embarrassed. "I did help out with the wounded," she pointed out, feeling a bit upset.

"Yes, you help out, when it suits you. Just like you occasionally tag along on missions. Rather than showing initiative or taking charge. I suppose the present situation is quite convenient for you. Having your fun, without committing to anything. But it is hardly the appropriate way for a Kerrigan to act."

Laira wasn't exactly upset because Elpsis wasn't exclusive, she knew about that and had accepted it, compromising some of her own desires in the process. But she had accepted that fact. It was more she had no idea where she fell on the hierarchy of things. Was she a chew toy to be picked up and put down at random or did she mean something? What should she call their relationship? Hearing the short sentence in her head she grinned, actually pretty content with the redhead caressing her. <I know love. Don't worry.> came to the fore-front of her mind so that she could reassure Elpsis abotu her resolve.

"Maybe, I remember Tempest but I don't know if I really helped enough to warrant her remembering me. I was still missing my arm at the time and avoided the harder fighting on Serenade. I had fought the creatures before on a ship with several Eldorai, so I was mostly just there for information and support." The redhead was being uncharacteristically humble, but Serenade she felt less like a heroine and more like an observer, helping the Eldorai and Firemane forces on the island.

"It was great, I was very glad to have you there," For more than one reason, before their hunt the pair had been on a nice date at the beach. At Siobhan's comment, Laira either didn't notice the older woman's intent or decided to ignore it, smiling at Lady Kerrigan coyly. "Yes quite boundless. She is always helping people and protecting the likes of me. I can only imagine the number of people she's saved or all the lives she's made better. Mine at the very least. She certainly has my admiration," The redhead squeezed the young woman whose lap she had claimed, twisting around to wrap an arm around Elpsis, "And adoration for all she does. You both must be so proud." Laira wasn't aware Siobhan wasn't in a position to telekinetically dismantle her, but she was still going to stick up for Elpsis here if she had to.

But Kerrigan wasn't exactly wrong. Laira's own parents often chastised her or sought to prod her into accepting responsibility for her destiny and heritage that the redhead had thus far been able to masterfully avoid. Eventually she would have to decide whether she really wanted to be a Jedi Princess or a Rebel.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Laira Darkhold"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea watched the discussion for a while. She could admire Laira’s bravery sticking up for her girl. Very noble, but Siobhan had a way with words when she was in the mood that went beyond tart and into flan territory.

Therefore she took the initiative.
“Siobhan is right, Elpsis,” she said softly. “You have helped a lot of people, it’s true, and that is not something to discard. However, it has been only through chance, not design so far. It has not been an efficient use of your skills.”

She leaned forward. “I am putting together an expeditionary force. I have always loved space and the stars, even when I was a little girl, and the only stars I could see were ships coming in to land. I am going to go exploring, investigating those worlds I come across. I can aid those who need it, observe those who do not, find materials for the company and give myself some purpose again.”

“And so I want to give you that chance too, Elpsis. It won’t all be hard work, but it will be dangerous, but I know your skills first hand with fire and mind. I would love to have you along with me, there’s a lot we could learn from each other.”

She looked to Laira. “And you too, Laira. I wouldn’t want to part you two, and you have impressive skills of your own. The pay will be good, the adventure and danger exciting and the accommodation will be pretty nice too.”

“So that’s my offer. We are departing in a month for a 3 month shakedown and trial expedition. If after that time it’s not what you want you can go…or stay on for our first real mission. What do you say?”

Siobhan's expression was like granite. "I am not," she said flatly. Elpsis looked crestfallen and was doing her best to avoid eye contact. I'd respect you more if you stood up for yourself and showed some spine, Siobhan thought while she sipped her wine.

"Not like anything I do will ever be good enough for you," Elpsis muttered with a strong trace of bitterness in her tone. Even Laira's words and hugging did little to improve her mood. "Not my fault all your daughters left you, and I've done a lot more than any of them." Like saving your life, she thought.

Siobhan was about to say something hurtful and scatological before Tegs intervened. "I'd...like that, Mum," Elpsis said quickly, before her adoptive mother had a chance to slip a word in. "I'd really like to see other planets and help you and the company out. And make sure you're safe if we run into trouble."

Siobhan seemed deflated, if only for a moment. "You shall go with her. A cadre of Firce Acolytes will accompany Tegs. You will be responsible for supervising them."

"Uh, me?"

"Yes," Siobhan saw no point in phrasing it as an offer or polite suggestion. Elpsis would do as she was told. "Last I checked, you're listed as a master on the Order of Fire table of ranks." There was a strong undertone of 'though you don't act like one'. "Time you stepped up to the responsibility. Of course, you will have no authority over the military contingent of the expedition. That will be left to someone with the rank and expertise. You will defer to her and follow her orders."

Laira glared at Siobhan a little, what was Laira supposed to say to make it better, to help Elpsis out? There wasn't much she could do to protect her girl from both mothers, one much softer than the other, agreeing Elpsis wasn't doing all she could be. Especially since her parents would likely say the same thing about her. She stroked Elpsis's skin softly, trying to give her a subtle reassurance that she wasn't alone and that she could do what was being asked of her.

She would just have to wait to cheer the redhead up once they got a little alone time together, and she needed some cheering up herself.

They were pushing her to accept responsibility for her position as Princess of Alderaan, but so far Laira's forays with leadership had ended with people she cared about dying and she wasn't ready for that. She wasn't willing to put more people in jeopardy under her leadership, it wasn't something the Princess was ready for. So many of her friends had already died when they counted on her and only a few days ago she had almost died and lost Elpsis.

"I appreciate the offer, but three months is a very long time. I'll have to call and make arrangements here and there if I'm going to be gone for such a long time, and I'd like the chance to discuss it privately with Elpsis before agreeing to something she may not be comfortable with." They'd spent a few days total together so far, granted their dates were very long and they spent a great deal of time cuddling and being intimate, but four months might be a little long for Elpsis being alone with Laira and her neediness. The blind witch might have an issue with Laira wanting to be the center of her romantic attentions for such an extended period of time.

Granted, if she didn't have an issue with that the Pilot would be ecstatic beyond belief.

Plus the pay could be useful for funding RESINT operations, and she wouldn't even have to ask for the donation. "However, I would enjoy getting to accompany you Miss Alcori if everything aligns so that I am able to." She needed to return home to Alderaan before disappearing for so long, and she needed to come clean about herself to Elpsis.

<Laira Organa>.

She didn't even mean to broadcast it as the redhead wiggled in Elpsis's lap and snuggled against the empath, but it echoed in her mind as she contemplated her own homecoming.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Laira Darkhold"]

Like so many parents working with what they considered difficult or wayward children, the two of them had fallen into their roles. Good cop, bad cop? Partly. It was natural though as Tegaea clearly had a greater attachment to Elpsis than Siobhan did.

“Excellent. The responsibility and mission will help you, I’m sure,” Tegaea said with a small smile. It would likely encourage Elpsis that Siobhan made no move to say she was joining. After all, someone had to run the main business.

To Laira she turned, paused. Was the other girl being evasive, holding out for something? Perhaps she was just a very well organised mercenary and smuggler. Regardless.
“I shall look forward to hearing your answer, Laira. Please, take all the time you need. We are not leaving for another week at least, possibly two depending on how long preparations take.”

Harmony came by to offer more drinks and some small canapés.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom