Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avengers Endgame

It’s made 1.2 billion dollars in the first weekend. It’s got a very high amount of hype and praise.

Have you seen it? What did you think? Like it says on the tag spoilers are present.

Where would you rate it in the collection of 22 movies?

If you want, rate your top 5, 10 or 22.

For me I really enjoyed Endgame, I thought it delivered a satisfying end to the 22 movie arc and also was a good way to retire some of the old characters who don’t want to be in it anymore. Honestly just a fun movie with some pretty epic scenes.

Order of release

1. Iron Man (2008)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
  4. Thor (2011)
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  6. Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
  7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
  8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  12. Ant-Man (2015)
  13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  14. Doctor Strange (2016)
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  18. Black Panther (2018)
  19. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  20. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
  21. Captain Marvel (2019)
  22. Avengers: Endgame (2019)

My ranking:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
  2. Iron Man (2008)
  3. Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
  4. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  5. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
  6. Captain Marvel (2019)
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  8. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  9. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
  10. Black Panther (2018)
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  12. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  13. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  14. Doctor Strange (2016)
  15. Thor (2011)
  16. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
  17. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
  18. Iron Man 3 (2013)
  19. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
  20. Iron Man 2 (2010)
  21. Ant-Man (2015) (Not seen)
  22. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) (Not seen)

Many of the top 10 are really changeable for me based on my mood. I’d say only from 16 on to 20 would I say they were not good films. All the rest I’d at least give a positive review to. It feels weird giving some such low rankings, but it’s indicative of how good the overall quality has been…or at least consistent.

Feel free to discuss anything else regarding the MCU whilst you're here.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
10/10 :D

Loved:
  • Character focus. I felt it let many of these heroes just be people for a second. The brain-storming session where everybody is laying around really got me smiling. I even loved how Tony was just so, Tony, the whole movie.
  • Thanos just sitting. Because he's Thanos and anybody who walks up to him in just a moment is about to get sword spanked.
  • Avenger allies showing up to protect earth as Cap wielded *that* weapon against a desolate backdrop of clouds. And a really big scary army of aliens.
  • Ant-man's acting. Because Paul Rudd is such a gem when I'm totally expecting him to be a useless addition to the cast. Lulz.
  • Cap vs Cap. Because, thats America's ass.
  • Pepper going PewPewPew. Because Gwyneth Paltrow and laserz makes me lulz.
  • Spider-Man being a dork again. Welcome back dude.
  • Dr Strange holding up just one finger as Captain Marvel gets *power stoned* in the face. I was like, don't do it Tony!
  • Happy to Morgan Stark at the end, "I'll get you all the cheeseburgers in the world."
  • Fat Thor, happy Old Cap on a bench, and good ol' Tony.

Hated
  • Captain Marvel being so aloof. I get that she's *super-crazy-super* even for an avenger. But it was sad to see so much power go to waste being *elsewhere* until a space dreadnought needs killing.
  • Not enough Wasp. Evangeline Lilly is so hot.
  • Valkyrie's ride. White house, white horse.
  • Bruce Banner as... Bruce Hulk? WTF. What is this cgi hybrid monster?
  • Black Widow vs Hawkeye. I seriously didn't get Nat's motivation to jump. Even if Hawkeye did get a nice fam ending in the end.

Meh
  • War Machine and Blue Cyborg Girl. Anytime they were on the screen I was yawning.
  • Starlord and *new* Gamora. So, I guess we'll have to raincheck their romance, or something, moving forward.
  • Fat Thor and his Mom scene. Because I guess that's how you get out of a slump or something? *shrugs*
  • Time Travel fixes everything. If, you put the stones back. I guess. Maybe. Probably. Anyway, thanks Tilda Swinton. Good to see you again girl.
  • Robert Redford, The Hydra/Shield bros, and Loki steals the Tesserack cube again, or something. I guess. *shrugs*
  • No Thanos vs Black Panther action. Was super hoping for that for some reason.

​I've never been awestruck in the cinema before. The 'Avengers Assemble' moment will go down as possibly one of the most truly awesome and epic moments in cinema history.

​I really loved this film. Did everything I wanted it to.

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Went to see it today. I think it might just be THE movie of my lifetime. Seriously. I was emotionally moved many times. No other film has done that for me. Made me feel like a kid again when the first Avengers movie came out. And I agree with Tathras. Everyone getting together for the Avengers Assemble was literally the most epic moment in cinema history.

Alan Silvestri's score made it PERFECT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_mhWxOjxp4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom