Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AvCorp™ Exclusive: AvXRD 'Ripper' Artificial Intelligence Melee Weapon Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

repulsorgrip.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an advanced melee weapon modification.
  • Image Source: goth-3designs.com
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: TriTech
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: AvCorp™ Enterprises
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: AvXRD 'Ripper' 3.0
  • Modularity: Yes, can be modified to fit just about any melee weapon.
  • Production: Limited
  • Material:
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • The Ripper Knows All: The Battlemind AI's extensively vast knowledge of dueling allows for quick and precise correction and initiation of melee maneuvers to give an otherwise inexperienced practitioner and edge.
WEAKNESSES
  • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't let you do that: While it is a rather rare occurrence, sometimes the AI will attempt to over-compensate for sloppy maneuvers. The user may be caught off balance or unintentionally resist the moves of the AI and put themselves in danger by creating an opening. A conservative fighting style is required not only for maximum effectiveness but to minimize accidents.
DESCRIPTION
The AvXRD 'Ripper' 3.0 is an AI-Powered assistance tool for both inexperienced fighters, and experienced fighters in need of an edge. The device can easily be fitted as a grip over just about any melee weapon. The spatial and photo receptors send signals to the AI which will use small repulsors to modify the angle, speed, and position of the weapon in order to maximize chances of victory. It also has the capability to initiate ripostes and strike at openings that the user would otherwise miss or be too slow to react to. The Ripper still requires the user to be somewhat competent with the weapon and is not a true substitute for skill and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom