Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Avarice E-Class Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
star_wars_imperial_star_destroyer_by_adamkop-d4iir9u.jpg

Image by adamkop

Intent: To make use of the Avarice-class hulls purchased from the Galactic Empire.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Seinar Fleet Systems(originally), Subach-Innes(refit)
Model: Carrier
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Minor (fighter/bomber types)
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel
Description: Avarice-class ships were rarely seen in the Imperial military lineup from the get-go. Produced during a time when their navy had minimal finances to construct new ships, these carriers' hulls were designed solely for the carrying of starfighters. They carried very minimal ground forces, and the refit still only has a token array of said ground forces. Most of the hangar space was admittedly scrapped, replaced with more armor and fuel for the reactor. The weapons were kept relatively consistent, with the lower anti-warship guns scrapped to allow for even more anti-fighter weaponry. More automation reduces the crew count, and more supplies allow the ship to last in the field for much longer than it used to. Still, while the Avarice refit is nothing short of superb, it still was produced in only limited numbers, and as such is more costly to sell than other refitted ships filling the same role.
Classification: Capital Ship
Role: Carrier
Height: 235m
Width: 450m
Length: 900m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 2
Minimum Crew: 1000
Optimal Crew: 4000
Armaments:
9 twin turbolaser turrets
50 heavy flak guns

Hangar:
72 fighters/bombers
6 gunships
4 dropships
15 walker barges

Non-Combative Attachments: Sensors, shields
Passenger Capacity: 2,000
Cargo Capacity: 8000 metric tons
Consumables: 6.5 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 6.5

I do not like approving these. We already have ships that fulfill their roles and better in every single faction. They feel like Factory clutter.

However, I can see nothing wrong with them. Approved, but I will be much more discerning the next time I see ships that are entirely unnecessary passing through here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom