Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport

Link.

41 people lost in the disastrous attack on one of the busiest airports in Europe - the Istanbul Ataturk airport in Turkey.

My condolences to those affected, as far as I recall there is at least one member from Turkey here. Hopefully, they are safe and well !

Strictly no politics in this thread.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
I've actually been through Ataturk a few times as part layovers. It was probably the first major airport I crossed through when I was a kid; I remember thinking I'd never seen so many people in one place before that.

I honestly don't know if there are words that can describe an attack like this, those that spring to mind seem to fall painfully short.

I guess I'll just leave off with all my best for those affected and those in the region.

Dezoti

D
It just wont stop. I'm sick of seeing these news reports.

Why can't people just get along? Stupid, ignorant people.

I know this might sound insensitive, but I've gotten so used to hearing reports like this and seeing the carnage and horror displayed loud and proud across the television screen that I've become entirely desensitized to these attacks.

Now that doesn't mean that it's anything other than a horrid act of hate and ignorance, an atrocious crime against life itself, but I've reached that point where I can no longer feel anything other than a deep disappointment and melancholy whenever such headlines flash across the screen.

It also doesn't help that the American media tends to glorify violence.

nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam
nothingtodowithislam