Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atomic [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
u0DoQHm.png

With the push of the Raskova III, Fiolette knew it would no longer be a secret that she had begun to purchase Aurora Industries products. So, she decided to make it official, she invited [member="Taeli Raaf"] out to her Delta IV location. Port Shenzhou was a civilian-trade station to help bolster the economy here, although honestly, it wasn't out of the kindness of her heart. No, Fiolette had other uses for these stations but for now, she sat in a corner booth of a Transgalactic restaurant and waited for her guest. Dressed in a simple top and skirt, her blonde hair spilled over one shoulder as her hand swiped across the tablet's screen. The Raskova III was going through its final paces and not too far behind it, the Muhktiar II which was only held up by a development issue with her engine. Fiolette sighed and pushed the thoughts out of her busy mind, her Hi-Sense ocular implants tracked random movements of various electronics as they cropped up. She relaxed in her seat and fought the urge to reach for a Black Label.

tumblr_p2mun5So8k1rpjxmko2_r1_400.gif
To say she was intrigued by the invitation would be accurate. She had never met [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], but she knew the woman by reputation. Between her company, Primo Victorian, and her past affiliation with the First Order, she had built herself a formidable persona in the business world. She had been purchasing some weapons made by Aurora Industries, but the invitation to meet at Port Shenzhou suggested she wanted to explore a stronger connection between the two companies.

Walking along the hallway to the restaurant, Taeli was discussing other business with her right hand man, Jaxson.

"Doctor Votoc sent a message that he has a new design he wishes for you to see," Jaxson was saying, ticking off boxes on his datapad. "Next generation of the CX line. And our the design team on Scintal wants your permission to proceed with the new line of capital weaponry."

"Let them know they have it," she replied. "Anything else?"

"One of our scout teams discovered the remains of Sebaddon, they're requesting resources to explore it."

"Granted."

They had reached the restaurant, and Jaxson took his leave as the doors were opened for her. She was graciously led over to the corner where her meeting was, a smile on her face the whole way.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette's eyes wandered a bit more than they should have when Ms. Raaf arrived, she rose to greet her, "a pleasure to finally meet you in person." If their paths had crossed before, she was unaware, "please have a seat." As a gentlewoman she waited until Ms. Raaf had seated before retaking her own. "First I want to thank you for agreeing to meet with me and of course being here, second I wanted to state that the purpose of this meeting was to not only get to know one another but to actually draw out an official contract because let's be honest."

"As good as it is to purchase the weapons as is, I'd much rather get bulk and put something down on paper as it were. Between you and I, so that both our companies can continue to grow," she went straight into business as she set a small holoprojector down. It would display information for either one of them and it was just enough that only they at their table could see the information. "But, of course, this is a restaurant." Fiolette waved down her waiter, "please take the lady's order and when you can bring me a small glass of your best red."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well," Taeli replied, still smiling as she took her seat. She noticed the wandering eyes, but refrained from mentioning anything at the moment. "And I suspected the purposes of this meeting were going to be. Your company has been doing some steady purchasing from us, and I agree that the relationship should be... more solidified."

As Miss Yvarro set up the holoprojector, and waved over the waiter, Taeli set a datapad on the table and connected it to the holoprojector.

"Bastion Black, iced," she ordered. "And... the nerf steak and thakitillo."

Turning her attention back to Fiolette, she folded her hands onto the table.

"So, to business. What were you looking for, specifically?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette drew a hand into her hair pushing it back. The atmosphere here was relative, a quiet easy going place the Galidraani sat back in the booth. Specifics, everyone wanted specifics and she understood why it was easier to read the black and white. No lines to interpret, "specifically." The blonde moved her mouth to speak but was interrupted by the waiter bringing drinks, and so she closed her mouth and waited a few more moments. "Specifically, I have thus far enjoyed Auroran weapons with Victorian ships and wanted to draw out a contract to make it a little more permanent but I wasn't sure if there was anything you wanted." Truthfully she wasn't entirely sure what she wanted but, "and there have been a few weapon ideas that I've had in my mind but I'm no expert at making them, firing them - sure."

When the waiter returned to let [member="Taeli Raaf"] know the status of her meal, Fiolette ordered her meal and brought the glass of wine to her lips. She nursed it and set the glass back down, "but priority tonight, getting our two companies a little more acquainted beyond reputations."

"I am sure we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement on that," Taeli replied, accepting her tea from the waiter. "My company has been... more in a design phase lately. Many of my chief engineers are working on pet projects or advancing our current technology. I'm sure one such as yourself can understand that we like to keep ourselves above some of our competition, including your former faction. I've heard rumors that they've been using kyber crystals in their systems yes?"

It wasn't exactly an... unexpected question. Anyone who studied history would know the original First Order, which technically should make this the Second Order, would know that they experimented on using kyber crystals to enhance their weaponry. The waiter came back, mumbling in her ear that her meal would be ready in twenty minutes.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette gave [member="Taeli Raaf"] a smile as she shifted her weight within the seat. "Not entirely sure why those would be rumors, it is indeed fact." The former grand admiral of the First Order's navy waited a few moments as their waiter set out the table with food and drink. When he was gone she continued, "it started with my tinkering with kyber crystals on a smaller scale, more specifically I was tasked with creating a vessel specifically for the Order of force users." The Ren, she knew not their name nor cared to know, "afterward it became a bit of a pet project, but it was and is a pet project I was assigned to other projects with higher priority."

The Galidraani nursed her drink and paused for breath, "however this did not stop the now Grand Admiral Carlyle Rausgeber from experimenting with them. His ships are filled with kyber powered armaments and defenses. He has a rather unhealthy obsession with them." Fiolette had hoped this answered the woman's question directly, at this point in her life the blonde held nothing back about her past. The day she left she had hoped to answer questions with a frankness that hadn't been received before. "But I believe you should find that my former nation in the process of moving away from any technology I created, and moving closer to either said kyber powered items or something more... obscure." Days spent researching, and going through the First Imperial Archives for older technology that could be reformed to modern times was an everyday task back then, and she was sure it continued to be one. "But tell me then, if we're being honest, Miss Raaf as it sounds that you are rather intimately familiar with my previous life. Care to inform me if we have crossed paths before?"

"No, I don't believe we've ever crossed paths," Taeli answered, taking a sip of her tea before continuing. "We likely were in the same combat zones though, one of the galaxy's little ironies I'm sure." She gave a shrug as she contemplated the woman's words. Utilizing standard kyber crystals was all well and good, although hearing it confirmed would help High Command's worries ease a little, they were still just standard kyber crystals. She had something far stronger already, something she was sure the First Order would love to have.

"As acting Grand Marshal for the New Jedi Order, I receive a great many reports and requests, so that confirmation will certainly help the Alliance's military leaders... and the contractors for the military," she added, smiling over her glass. She would tap a few keys on her datapad, accessing the holo-projector on the table. "You and this... Grand Admiral Rausgeber, funny name by the way, are not the only ones experimenting with kyper infused or powered technology. Many of the older stories seem to resurfacing in our day and age."

A green crystal would appear, roughly the size of Miss Yvarro's fist.

"What you see here is the heart of Aurora's Gravastar reactors," she said. "A... modified kyber crystal, that is five times stronger than anything else currently being used."

Fiolette Fortan

F
They hadn't crossed paths directly then.

Fiolette let the words of Miss Raaf fall over her as she shut her eyes. When she opened them the Galidraani relaxed her shoulders as she continued to nurse her glass of wine. When Miss Raaf dropped the words Grand Marshal and then the New Jedi Order. Fiolette simply continued to drink. Any past aggressions she may have held for them were just that, "glad to have been of assistance, be sure to use the knowledge properly." Whether or not Raaf was aware that Fiolette had been held captive by the Galactic Alliance remained to be seen but she had given the Alliance the tools they needed at Varonat their lack of execution continued to remind her of how the First Order were their betters.

She gave Raaf a curt nod at the mention of Rausgeber.

The executive's focus shifted as Miss Raaf began her pitch.

Gravstar Reactors.

"You had me at reactor my dear, please, continue." Her voice was cool, Fiolette set the glass of wine down, "mind if I smoke?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"By all means, although you'll have to forgive me if I don't partake," Taeli answered.

She wasn't a fan of smoking, in the slightest, but she wasn't about to let her own personal views get in the way of the woman's enjoyment. Plus, if any of the smoke drifted near her, she could simply shift it with the Force. Still, it was nice to see that someone appreciated a good piece of technology.

Taking a sip of her tea, she continued.

"My long term goal is to have these sorts of crystals powering all of Aurora's technology, or at the very least our Sianium technology. Self contained power modules that allow a ship to concentrate their power to other systems, and the worry about saboteurs getting at the weapon systems becomes much harder. Right now, our Gravastar reactor is a step in that direction. The reactor has outlying storage capacitors since these kick out a great deal more power than usual, so we design these capacitors to tie into other systems like weapons, shields, engines, etc. Gives them a boost."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Of course."

Fiolette took out the bronze plated cigarra case that held an emblazoned crest of her company. She slid a single cigarra out and snapped the case closed, the Galidraani lit the Black Label cigarra. Blue smoke crawled through her smile as she sat and listened with interest. [member="Taeli Raaf"] continued to speak, she elaborated on the technology and she couldn't help but be reminded of the Crystal Fusion Engine. Great minds think alike, someone once said but then that someone must have been something of a fool she gathered. But rather than engage in competition or keep secrets, "how intriguing." She danced with the word and then drew on the cigarra the sense of calm washed over her as it always did.

She drank her wine.

And waited.

"I am certainly very interested in this, but perhaps I could better explain my interest." Fiolette set the cigarra down, "you see, the predecessor and previous owner of Primo Victoria started the development of these Crystal Fused Engines. Based on Permafrost Crystals she personally took from Hoth, and when I took over the company." Fiolette let her eyes come to settle on the woman's violet orbs, "well."

"It was too good to leave behind, these engines contain a specific chamber that fuses current ion engine technology with the crystals allowing them to draw heat away from the critical core components within the engine itself. This then provided a small boost to weapons and of course speed." The Galidraani set her cigarra down on the ashtray, blue smoke drifted up creating a thin veil over the former grand admiral's azure gaze. "But this approach, I must say."

"Has my interest piqued."

"Permafrost crystals are all well and good, but with the supply controlled by the First Order and their scarcity to begin with, it's not cost effective for the future," Taeli replied. "But I do see how useful that would be to avoid stress on a ship's sublight engines and other critical systems. Perhaps a variant using cryoban technology? If anything, you might be able to lower the cost of producing such a device."

A small trace of the smoke drifted towards her, and as she sipped her tea, the smoke would waft away from her as she called an ever so slight breeze to blow it away.

"Well I'm flattered that our technology has piqued your interest," she continued, giving Fiolette another charming smile. "We're planning to upgrade everything within the next few months. Much of our stock is still from before the current conflict, some even from the Republic-One Sith war. I will admit we've lagged behind in our ship technology and design while we've focused our efforts into other fields."

The waiter returned, a tray with a covered dish being set in front of her. Already, she could smell the heavy aromas wafting off her meal as it was uncovered and her tea refilled. With a small flourish, she unfurled her napkin and placed it daintily on her lap.

"Tell me, Fiolette, have you been looking into any upgrades for yourself?" she asked.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette kept the Contruum Six projects under wraps while she listened to Ms. Raaf tell her what she already knew. Rather than interrupt her the Galidraani continued to listen to the Grand Marshal was it? The blonde thought she heard Grand Marshal at least and so when the brunette suggested a variant of cryoban technology she again simply nodded. "Noted," her tone warm as she then took another sip of wine. There was a shift in the ambiance at the restaurant as the evening wore on. Lights darkened and the sounds of a smooth jazz began to play whether it was from Brentaal IV, Commenor or Coruscant she couldn't tell from where she sat.

But Fiolette was certain that it was of Core World origins. Ms. Raaf went on to say that her company had planned on upgrades soon and when the waiter returned with food. Fiolette relaxed a little more in her seat if it was the wine, the music or the calming aura of the smoke of her cigarra she wasn't sure. What she was sure of was that she enjoyed the conversation thus far. "Certainly," she replied with acknowledgment, "and there are a variety of fields one can get into, technologies to research and prototypes to develop." Once more the glass of wine found itself against Fiolette's lips as she took another sip and Ms. Raaf went on and this time she asked the former grand admiral if she had any upgrades planned.

Now there was a pointed question she thought. Fiolette's Hi-Sense lenses had not activated since the Grand Marshal's arrival. She set the glass of wine down on the table and allowed a finger to cross along the edge she looked over at the pool of wine that remained. She thought on the question for a moment or two, "now that would depend on the circumstances and what we're discussing."

"Personally, no, however, Primo Victoria is always looking to upgrade." She looked back at Ms. Raaf with an interest, "It is only a shame that I had not come across your company sooner, but I suppose we can blame our opposing histories." This time it was her turn to give a charming smile, Fiolette having now been relaxed took a moment to look the brunette over study the woman's facial features. It was for a moment and then she broke her lingering gaze and shifted her attention to the waiter. "Vaok'l Bourbon on the rocks."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

There was something to be said about dining at an upscale restaurant and enjoying the company one was dining with. Core World Jazz, the current song sounding like a composition from... Commenor? No, that slight trill there was indicative of an Alderaan origin for the song. The meal, the few bites she had taken anyways, was simply divine. She would need to find out the chef and headhunt him for her own staff. It was always so hard to find good help.

There was that glance again as Fiolette spoke, an appraising look that traveled... a charming smile thrown in return as the words fell from her lips much like the smoke from her cigarra had. A second drink to be ordered, one that she assumed was a little on the stronger side? She didn't know. Her background and personal inclinations excluded such vices, her only one being the smell and feel of new source of information.

"Such circumstances can be murky indeed, words meaning one thing and another altogether," she replied. "Context given, of course. But I agree. It is quite the shame our companies haven't been able to interact in the past. I, for one, am quite glad we have had this occasion to dine and converse." She took a bite of her meal, followed with a small sip of her tea to wash it down. She allowed her own eyes to wander for a moment, lingering for just the right amount of time. "So, how else can I help you tonight? Our talk of a deal drifted for a moment there."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Quite," Fiolette returned and then thanked the waiter once the bourbon was served.

She took the glass in one hand and sipped gingerly. The woman let out a satisfied sound as if a thirst of a thousand days had just been quenched, Vaok'l was a grain-forward bourbon aged a little over four years with a whisper-soft vanilla flavor done in with millet and corn and notes of a fruity chutney. She took another sip of her bourbon and let the alcohol warm her body. Fiolette set it down and picked up her cigarra it sat between her fingers as the Alderaani Jazz continued to play. Ms. Raaf's question of assistance was left in the hair while the Galidraani woman took a drag from her cigarra and dusted off the ashes into the ashtray below. Flakes of the ash swayed through the air and trailed away as it hit the bottom.

The slight blue hue from the smoke rose to reveal Fiolette's soft azure orbs, "it has, but I am by no means in a hurry."

Fiolette set the cigarra back down, "but if time is of the essence for you, perhaps we can simply sign our paperwork and be on our way?"

It was an offer and after all the former grand admiral did not want to intrude or impede any business that Ms. Raaf may have to attend this evening, "but if I may." She paused a moment and brought the bourbon back to her lips. Letting the amber gold liquid move through her once more, "if I may be honest that is, I quite enjoy your company it has been a sincere pleasure speaking with you. I do not often have the opportunity to discuss the shop as it were. At least not in such detail and I appreciate your candor, Ms. Raaf."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Oh no, I am in no hurry," Taeli responded, taking a sip of her tea. "My right hand man can handle affairs of business until we conclude our fabulous meal and conversation. I was merely attempting to point out that are conversation had shifted. Besides, we haven't even gotten to dessert yet."

If there was one thing Taeli would always vehemently deny, although it was true, it was that she had a bit of a sweet tooth. Not when it came to her tea though. That very idea almost made her shudder in disgust, sweeteners in tea were just dreadful. No, Taeli was also enjoying the conversation and the company of the woman across from her. It wasn't everyday that she got the chance to discuss, shop as Fiolette had said, with someone as intelligent as the woman. Or beautiful, but that was another thing entirely.

"Candor can sometimes be hard to come by," Taeli said, cutting a piece of her meal and sliding it off her fork ever so prolonged.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Good, I should hate to cut our conversation so early," Fiolette said with a smile meant to disarm. The bourbon went down smooth with heated pleasure, "and it has, however, I am more than certain that our deal will be made." Confidence and truth - she had confidence something would be signed between their companies and the truth was she needed it to be. Most likely earning the weapons at a bulk discount.

The soft glow of the light around a dimmed section as the night wore on helped with the atmosphere. By now the embers of the cigarra were all that remained the Galidraani was confident enough without their calm aura. "Indeed it is," indeed it is the words lingered around as she continued to drink. Touching her meal here and there but by no means was it the focus of her attention, hand around the glass of bourbon as she set it back down on the table. There was a softness to where they were right then, and maybe it was here that the retired grand admiral took note of Ms. Raaf's violet eyes an unusual color on Fiolette's homeworld to be sure but then there was a time when the Galidraani were made of the unusual. "And if I may be so bold, Ms. Raaf."

"I could not help but notice the beauty of your eyes," a compliment made with the sincerest of tones, Fiolette dared not to turn her gaze from Ms. Raaf.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Oh, well thank you," Taeli replied, giving the woman across from her a smile of gratitude. Between the headiness from Fiolette's choice of beverage and the atmosphere, Taeli could tell the woman across from her was... interested, and not just in the deal they were supposed to be working on. She did agree that the deal would be ironed out, most likely to give Fiolette's company access to Aurora's weaponry, both current and future, and also additional funding and facility to develop more... exotic toys.

Taeli allowed her eyes to roam for a moment, her eyes ever so slightly stopping on a mark on the inside of Fiolette's hand. She could just make it out, but given her experiences... and she what she truly was, she could tell what it was. An alchemist brand, and a rather unorthodox one. No doubt whoever she had gone to was not exactly the most gifted, but they weren't held up by ethics. How interesting. Yes, a brief glimpse in the Force showed her what she needed to know. Others might not know what to look for, but she could feel the telltale signatures of alchemy in the woman's cells. Now she was even more interested, and intrigued as what the price she had paid was.

"You're not bad yourself," she said, sincerity in her voice and with the grace of years of practice she forced a blush into her cheeks. "I mean, your eyes that is. Ahem I mean they certainly help."

And set the bait, not too much, but just enough.

"Tell me Fiolette, do you have any other family?" she asked.

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Internally, Fiolette wanted to cringe, you're not bad yourself, I believe I have been sent back in time to flirt with the enlisted Atrisian Naval forces. Even so, the alcohol and the lingering effects of the cigarra still loomed over her. "You are most welcome and I appreciate the compliment," or a rather disappointing attempt to compliment them. She did not let that show on the front at least the Galidraani continued to smile unaware that her company for the moment had been able to distinguish her mark. Fiolette ordered another round of bourbon and wondered if when she and Dren Var Nabba had met on Kwenn Station if that had truly set the tone for where she was going to go. Truly this would not have been something she would have attempted years ago and certainly not with the body she had before. She could either abandon her quest now, sign the paperwork and be done with it or continue onward.

And then Ms. Raaf asked about family, thank the Balance for bourbon.

"I do," she answered with a short tone.

Apparently, it was still a tender subject, "though I'm certain most in the Alliance are well aware of my relations."

She knew that it had not escaped the Alliance's intelligence community to know that she was of blood to the Grand Moff. Furthermore that her oldest daughter was now set to graduate into the fleet there and would no doubt suffer tremendously due to her name.

"My apologies if it is a touchy subject," Taeli said, shifting in her seat. She could tell there was some faint disappointment at her previous 'attempt' at flirtation. Perhaps she had laid it on a little too thick about being the oblivious Jedi? Well, next try then. For just the barest moment as she moved, her dress would accentuate... well it wouldn't leave much to the imagination for Fiolette. Taking a bite of her meal, Taeli chose her next words carefully. She certainly did not want to cause the woman any distress, not at this stage of their conversation. A commiseration might be effective.

"If it makes you feel any better, my family vanished without a trace," Taeli said, sipping her tea and gesturing for a refill from the waiter. "My parents were killed by a bounty hunter that had delusions of grandeur in capturing my sister Corvus, one of the Grandmasters of the Jedi Order of the Republic. So, I'm all too well aware of how... sticky family issues can be."

She gave a sympathetic smile as she had indeed read the intelligence reports in her role as acting Grand Marshal, and with all the fallout occurring in the First Order about Fiolette, she could imagine she and her family within that galactic power were not on speaking terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom