Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asset Delivery (SJO Antarian Rangers)

asset.png
Captain Aceen Yul stood with almost perfect posture on the 'bridge' of the Nebel class support frigate. The Kel Dor Officer had both of his hands gripped behind his back, staring out of the observation port while the few members of the bridge crew went to work on their relative jobs. Captain Yul wasn't exactly surprised that the members of Commander Calderon's unit and their attachments were inbound to Kintan once again after their previous operation on the planet. However, he was surprised that it was his own ship that was bringing the soldiers planetside.

"Sir, Fortress Kh'aris has received our signal. They're ready for us."

Captain Yul gave a curt nod in response to the bridge officer that brought the fact to his attention, before issuing a command,

"Take us in closer, and send wake up calls to the grunts if you will. I am sure they will want to be prepared for this," The Kel Dor spun around on his heels as he said this, entrusting the crew to follow his commands whilst he made his way to their new 'briefing room.'

---------​
The forced-set alarm wasn't exactly the easiest thing to ignore so it had Valkren on his feet in no time. It wasn't like he was sleeping much in the first place; The Concord wasn't originally meant to transport extra personnel and supplies, and ever since his team's arrival on the ship they had drastically changed the layout of some of the rooms in the ship. Most of these were functional changes made by members of the original crew, while others were mere personal adjustments by soldiers that Valkren had brought on.

Nonetheless, he wasn't much for changing things up or personalizing in a living space especially considering how mobile the group is. To make matters easier on everyone else, Valk' took a smaller cramped 'cabin' with a makeshift bed and table. The bed wasn't very comfortable.

Being more than happy to get up and stretch his legs, he was out of the closet-like space right away. Due to the nature of this new operation, they wouldn't be wearing any Ranger plating, so Valkren just sported a loose fitting shirt and the bottom set of his grey and blue BDU's. He made sure to be the first in the briefing room, at least he thought he did..Before he turned the corner and made eye-contact with Captain Yul. Doing his best to not show a visible change in emotions after spotting the walking-buzzkill, Valkren offered the Captain a nod, before moving to stand next to him and await the arrival of the rest of the team.

"Good morning, Commander," the Captain said this while still maintaining his stare at the soldier, even as he stood next to him. Valkren wasn't really sure if the Kel Dor was trying to be an ass and say how he's been up much longer than himself, or if he was truly being sincere.

Valkren just awkwardly offered another nod, before looking back towards the door and fitting a black cap over his head. It wouldn't be long before the team was briefed of the asset and their mission, and soon enough they'd be back in Karpesh City.

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Vertigo"] | [member="Masaru Varga"] | [member="Roona Osmari"] | [member="Nesota Kynnovan"] | [member="Setter Ryburn"] | [member="Celiana"]

(Rangers welcome.)

Opening my eyes in brief annoyance at the alarm and disruption to my meditation I altered the signal, boosted it, and placed it on a return to sender signal. Odds were the captain would think twice about disrupting things in such a manner again. Soldiers had rough enough time anyways, in my experience the Captain would have better results by being polite to those he served with. As it was my wardrobe had changed very little since my last time working with The Rangers. Now dressed in Echani styled combat trousers , shin and knee armor, and a ebony silk Echani top, my sabers hung from my waist the crystals tinkling against my thighs slightly as I moved. A caramel cloak hung loosely about my shoulders...

Waving a hand at the bulkhead it opened and I headed into the hall. I could sense distress from the ships' officers. My feedback loop was likely wreaking havoc...coming to the Captain and Valkren I inclined my head slightly and said softly "Captain, I trust everything is alright?" Likely he'd be receiving reports about alarms....smirking I thought to myself... don't be an di'kut then. Meeting Valkren's gaze I smiled softly and said "Commander, nice to see you again..." Odds were the techs would eventually figure it out. "What're we up to today XO?"

[member="Valkren Calderon"]

Whoever turned on that alarm was going to get their fingers broken.

Dickhead.

Setter placed his feet on the deck, observing his surroundings. He was the only member of Razor Team attached to this particular mission. Probably for the best. He wanted to get a good feel for the operational capacity of the Rangers, since their time together had been mutually beneficial, he couldn't exactly speak for their tactically sensibilities, and their know-how. Razor team was more or less a squad of hitmen, trained killers with a penchant for violence, tom-foolery, and leaving entire swaths of bad guys dead. Justice was relative, and usually at the business end of a slugthrower for Razor.

He couldn't recall the last time they brought in prisoners.

He pulled up the denim pants he was going to wear, and slipped the gray long-sleeve shirt over his torso. He picked up his bag, on most planets called a 'gym bag'. Inside was his broken-down RS-16, a plate carrier, a helmet, night-vision, and a Verpine shatter-pistol. Pretty sure the Silvers wouldn't mind the last bit, right? He didn't need to tell them about it, at least. Not sure how they felt about borderline illegal weapons on their missions. Razor wouldn't have a problem with it, but he was with a whole new crowd of people.

Setter didn't say anything as he entered the meeting area. He sat his bag down and crouched on the wall, waiting for shindig to get started. He was personally excited. Wasn't sure about everyone else.

The alarm rung out through the their, more or less, spartaneous living quarters. Depending on what assets the single ranger had to make it more comfortable and cozy on long journeys. He wasn't the fastest one up on make-ups like these, but everyone seemed to keep it slow and steady this morning. It could have to do with them not seeing action for some time now, but that was also good for the morale; time off to charge batteries between missions. He scratched the sleep out of his eyes with his thumb and indexfinger before raising himself out of the bunk bed, rubbing the neck which was a bit sore from the night. Comfortable beds or not, at least he was one that could sleep everywhere.

The rest of his squad begun to do the same. Some grunts here and there about that freakingly annoying alarm but all in all, the squad was in good shape and were good to go as soon as the men had been allowed some time to get ready. Just after exchanging some morning greetings, he reached for a not-so-folded, well, more like stack of clothes that were hang over the end bar of the bed; a simple white t-shirt and a pair of blue camouflaged BDU trousers. He tightened a pair of black and, thanks to their time off, well cared for combat boots. From what he had heard yesterday, it wasn't exactly going to be an overly formal meeting. No admirals to show off for. He pulled out his dogtags from inside the shirt before washing off the face quickly and tidying the hair a bit.

The Concord were also waking up with the beginning of the day shift and more crew on the move through the corridors. Entering the meeting room just after commander Calderon and captain Yul along with the jedi that had fought well alongside them before. He took a chair pretty close to the enterance, hiding a late yawn before leaning back, awaiting the rest of the people called to the meeting.

A constant modulation in pitch and hertz resonated throughout her room, at least that is how her ears picked up the sound waves before being translated into that familiar noise of an alarm. Almost immediately Kiso shut off her ears, having already been awake, dong some maintenance work on her arm, "seems we have arrived, can never tell if those things are a wake up call or actual alarm, so irritating". Finishing her little touch up the Ranger captain didn't waste time getting suited up, donning her Blast Armor and officer beret, grasping hold of her side arm, ranger assault rifle and other small combat gear, making haste to the bridge.

It appeared as if she was late upon entering the meeting room, herself quickly snapping a salute towards [member="Valkren Calderon"] and Yul, Captain Hirayama reporting commander. She followed up with a nod towards [member="Tyrell Caphey"] and his own squad members, along with one towards the Jedi women, data saying she was Knight @Celiana.

[member="Setter Ryburn"]

It wasn't long before the others arrived, the alarm was still hard at work to get those who needed to be up.. well -up. Valkren was honestly surprised at how well everyone got moving so quickly. Maybe he wasn't the only one who lacked sleep and wanted to get moving. The familiar Silver Shadow that had been present on the concord in a previous operation was one of the first to enter, leading with a comment towards the Captain of the ship.

"Everything is right, Knight Drayven," Captain Yul spoke out from behind his antiox breathing mask, hands stuck behind his back with the same rigid posture as ever.

Valkren offered Celiana a nod after she greeted him, "Good to see you, Shadow. Let's see what your people left for us."

After the rest had filed in and found a proper place to listen to the briefing, Valkren would step up ahead of Captain Yul and begin.

"Alright everyone, lets get this over with and lets get it over with fast. I'm thinking I'm not the only one that's too thrilled with being back on Kintan, but duty calls. Our destination today is Karpesh city, a Nar shadaa wannabe and the place of the silver shadow's most recent successful operation. Ya see - while the rangers were in the forests of Kintan dealing with cultists, Silver Shadows arrived on planet much earlier to begin to uproot criminal and cultists networks within the population. They did a damn good job of it too..Buttt you can only keep a place safe for so long."

Valkren stopped to cough into a gloved hand several times before continuing.

"Our friends with the Sixth Kintan infantry have control over most sectors of the city, and with some help from Ranger special forces attachments they've been making sweeps of each sector previously marked as 'hostile.' Beyond most of the checkpoints and security stations that the Nikto units set up, there's still a good bit of 'bad guys' so to say. Thats where we come in, our Nikto counterparts are going to be moving forward into any remaining hideouts and make the remaining busts they need to before withdrawing back to Kh'aris. While they're making some noise, we'll be inserted to withdraw an asset that was vital to our operations here."

The commander glanced around the room at the small team, making sure that everyone was comprehending the information he was spitting out at them.

"This calls for a small team to maneuver throughout the buildings our asset is located in, but I feel pretty damn confident that everyone here has what it takes to operate a babysitting business. All we have to do is hold the hand of this asset back onto our dropship, and back to Kh'aris. Any Questions?"

[member="Kiso"] | [member="Setter Ryburn"] | [member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Celiana"]

Listening to Valkren speak I waited to voice my questions. Asset extraction.....Feth. Had to be that..... all the times I'd been involved in ops like this one of three things happened. First, the asset had been turned and ended up drawing on the extraction team. Two, it'd turned into a hot extraction when things were supposed to be "simple". Or my personal favorite the asset had done something to get themselves noticed. Which then evolved into situation two, the hot exfil....

Looking at Valkren I said "Couple things, we're gonna be moving through alleys and backroads. Anyone know anything about the general feelings towards The Silvers or rangers on the planet and how hostile is hostile exactly?" I had several things on me that would work in terms of moving through back alleys. Scattergun, and my DC-15m rifle. That along with my sabers and pistol seemed to be enough to deal with pretty much any local threats. Ejecting the hidden vibroknife from my gauntlet and retracting it again I waited for any further information. Thing about intel was that it was never fresh unless you were the one collecting or extracting it. Even then intel had a way of degrading quickly.... I didn't like being blindsided while in the field.

So I waited to hear any more comments or relevant information....

[member="Valkren Calderon"] ~ [member="Kiso"] ~ [member="Setter Ryburn"] ~ [member="Tyrell Caphey"]

Setter didn't have a litany of questions at the current moment. Operations, at his level, were exactly were where they needed to be- Setter was a trigger puller, an operator in this instance, not a leader, not a planner of any kind- his job was simple.

That being said, he wasn't sure about present company. Razor was fine with leaving no trace, not even usually bothering to inform the local government that they were in the area. The Jedi with the rifle drew Setter's eye, and a slight ire. He didn't trust Jedi.

Setter's eyes finally settled on the boss of it all, Valkren.

"What's the asset?"

[member="Celiana"] l [member="Valkren Calderon"] l [member="Kiso"] l [member="Tyrell Caphey"]

Kiso had no been present in the initial operation on this planet, but she had heard a lot from her younger brother who was with the squad of shadows that made planet fall. From what information she had gathered the group had done a good job infiltrating the gangs with trackers and listening devices through a phony delivery of some sort. All they probably needed to do was get on the ground and follow these trackers back to their source and bust the gang operations in the city.

As the commander went through the brief Kiso cocked her head to the side as [member="Celiana"] spoke up, a decent question but didn't the shadows go in undercover? it would be safe to assume the locals didn't know about their presence. Either way it would nice to know the current situation on the ground before insertion, [member="Setter Ryburn"] making his own common about the operation and their asset once grounded. "Will we be getting any assistance from the Sixth if we require assistance or are they on garrison duty only"?

[member="Valkren Calderon"]

[member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Setter Ryburn"] [member="Celiana"] [member="Kiso"]

Bridge, With all ya'll
OBJ: Medic Stuffs

When the alarm had gone off she wasn't even present. Being a highly regimented person she was already up on her morning run, which was cut short. With annoyance she made her way back down the larger hallway and to her gear bag.

She slipped into her white coverall, and slung her plate carrier over her shoulders. Then she clipped on her battle belt, and scooped up her Outback rifle. As a Medical Officer she wasn't allowed many large arms, but it still fit the bill.

When the briefing began she was exactly on time, at parade rest and silent as the grave.

This seemed like it was gonna be a covert op, and maybe a little dicey. That was right up her alley. Working field Hospital duty had been a bore and a chore. After her background had finally been cleared she had been assigned to the Line Units, in particular Besh Company. Only one of her Comrades was with her. Her Lt. Jax Verin, a stellar little Corellian man with whiskey breath and bad attitude to match.

"Yea I gotta question about this Op as well. What's our dustoff assets? I got myself, Verin and.... that guy," She pointed at [member="Tyrell Caphey"].

"We got enough expertise to keep a casualty stabilized in first level care, maybe even second level. But third level is gonna require a dedicated Space Platform. Can we expect support from the fleet or are we going to have to get our hands on whatever we can find?"

Folding his arms, he returned the greeting nod from [member="Kiso"] before the commander laid out what was in store for the team. A team that seemed a bit out of the ordinary compared to earlier ranger missions; a woman in white coveralls and what looked like and acted like some sort of mercenary. [member="Celiana"] was realy the only familiar face there, except for Valkren. Celianas opening question were soon followed by others which, much appreciated this early morning, made him not having to be the one that asked it. He could sit back and listen on what was being said and the answers Valkren had for them.

A nice and quiet extraction as their Kintan allies draw the attention of the hostiles, or would it be?

The woman in white spoke up and indirectly announced herself as a medic, like himself. He threw her a look but stayed silent when she mentioned and pointed over at him. She apparently knew alot and for a second he wondered how and who she was. Thoughts were yet again focused back on the mission.

''My squad is ready when you are, chief. What about any intel on the buildings? Blueprints showing what we're busting into could make things alot earier.'' he said and revealed himself for the group.

[member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Selar Silar"] [member="Setter Ryburn"]

The first question came from [member="Celiana"]. Commander Calderon began to open his mouth to offer an answer, before having the metaphorical spotlight stolen from him by the Kel Dor Captain.

"After Operation 'Hammer and Anvil,' most Antarian Ranger units were immediately pulled out as a show of goodwill. With few remaining ranger attachments on Kintan, Silver command has been doing their best to present the beneficial relationship they can offer with our people on the planet-"

"-but it takes time," Valkren stole the thunder right back, continuing on where he had cut Captain Yul off, "Local population in Karpesh city wasn't exactly happy when a few hundred pipehitters' fought a war on the outskirts, but hey..I'd say we cleaned the place up fairly nicely yeah? They'll warm up to us eventually but for now, the state of hostilities towards us is in the air. Hopefully we won't make enough noise to wake up the neighbors anyways."

Ryburn asked the next question. Straight to the point, too. It's what he liked about the operator, that and Setter and his team of shooters also reminded the commander of the special forces team he was a part of in the Galactic Republic: Soldiers, nothing more and nothing less.

"The asset is- was a criminal enforcer with one of the multiple gangs that resided in Karpesh city. This specific gang had some nasty connections with the Cult of M'dweshuu. The enforcer, dubbed as Voodoo for the protection of their identity, didn't take too kindly these cultists. The intel the asset provided was vital to our troops' movements during operation hammer and anvil. Now that most of the cultists and major crime syndicates have been uprooted the asset wants out of Kintan."

Kiso, another familiar face to the commander due to previous operations, brought up an important question about their allies in the Sixth Infantry Regiment. After giving Captain Yul a glance to see if he had anything to say Valkren turned back towards the team to answer the question. It was a known fact to the two officers that during the training of the Kintan-born infantry regiment, issues with teamwork between separate Nikto clans and Silver forces surfaced. The possibility of friction between the two parties was an issue that sat in the commanders mind for some time now before the start of the briefing.

"The Sixth will be fairly busy during their busts, but a team of trained specialists from the unit has been assigned to safeguard the asset until we arrive for extraction. If any engagements occur, they'll be there to help out."

Commander Calderon hoped there was validity behind this as he had no idea what would go through the Nikto teams' minds to be guarding what would have been an enemy to them just weeks before.

Valkren glanced over to [member="Selar Silar"], although he hadn't been properly introduced to the medical operative, he at least knew few details due to the pre-mission paperwork Captain Yul made the commander sift through. He had to admit, having a by-the-books Kel Dor running the ship did have its advantages.

He looked back to Captain Yul again, letting him answer this time around.

"The Concord will be on standby for any medical or combat emergencies. Now, although Fortress Kh'aris is still under reconstruction they do possess some minor medical facilities at the moment. The Concord will still act as this missions 'command' unit and will remain in contact with the dropship you all will be using for the extraction."

After the captain's explanation, Valkren quickly turned to the medic to respond with a much simpler answer before moving to respond to one of his own teammates, Tyrell: "We'll most likely have to make due with what we have- As for intel on the buildings, this should be a quick grab. Our transport will drop us on the roof of the warehouse Voodoo is located in, from there we assess the security of the building, grab the package, and get out."

Valkren knew no plan survived first contact, but there was only so much they could do to prepare. Valkren waited to see if there were any more questions before dismissing the team. The mix of combatants before him was certainly different than what he was used to working with, but he had no doubt in his mind that they would be ready for whatever came their way.

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Setter Ryburn"] | [member="Kiso"] | [member="Selar Silar"] | [member="Celiana"]

(Will put us down next go around! Feel free to ask more if needed! Posts will be shorter from me promise :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom