Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public [Ask] Corruption in Coruscant : Level 3126

OOc: Please dm me and ask if you wish to join and I will coordinate your character in.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Tella Voland Tella Voland
red_boarder.png
Under the canvas of Coruscant's endless cityscape, nestled in the labyrinthine underbelly of steel and neon, was Level 3126 - a place where sunlight had never trod, where the privileged didn't venture, and where law barely held a presence. It was in this concrete jungle of dimly lit streets and worn-out structures that Tella Voland found herself wandering, drawn by a strange knot of unease in the Force.

As she moved through the humming corridors, the stench of rusted metal mixed with the acrid aroma of alien spices and the omnipresent scent of refuse. Shadows danced along the battered walls, thrown by the flickering glow of the neon signs advertising food stalls and cantinas. Somewhere a durasteel door creaked open, releasing a burst of raucous laughter and discordant music, while the hum and drone of conversation echoed through the corridors, punctuated by the occasional shrill whine of a speeder flying past.

Suddenly, the normally inconspicuous sound of scurrying feet broke through the urban cacophony, growing louder and more frantic. Around a corner barreled a figure - small, alien, wrapped in threadbare clothing and panting heavily. Tella could sense waves of fear emanating from the child-like being, its wide eyes glancing back in terror at the darkness from whence it came.

In the span of a heartbeat, two more figures appeared, larger and menacing. Unlike the small alien, these were human, their scarred faces a testament to lives spent in violence. They moved with an eerie synchronicity, dark eyes fixed on the prey they pursued. Crude tattoos marked their arms, the sign of a notorious slave trade network whispered about in hushed tones among the residents of the underworld.

The small alien spotted Tella and made a beeline towards her. The being's language was a frenzied babble, fear making its speech incoherent. The Force was clearer, though, pulsating with its terror and pleading for protection. Tella understood - the small creature had escaped from the slave trade, and these men were the hunters, here to drag it back into bondage.

As the hunters caught up, they looked at Tella, their faces splitting into cruel grins as they reached for the weapons on their belts. They saw just a lone woman, unremarkable amongst the thousands that inhabited Coruscant's underworld. Little did they know that this was no ordinary woman, but a Jedi Knight, standing as a bulwark between them and their quarry.

In her time on Coruscant so far, it had become readily apparent to Tella that the reason so many of the Jedi never came down this far was because they would have too much actual work to do. There were so many problems every day from dangerous sewer systems, to criminal gangs, to whatever disturbance in the Force was drawing her into yet another slum. It felt almost too much to handle at times. No wonder they preferred to sit in their Temple, there was no real glory to be had down in the mud.

I think this is what mother meant by not being bamboozled by the Jedi or the Galactic Alliance. Despite their ideals, structurally, there is still so much they ignore or find too hard to deal with.

Tella had to admit that having her illusions of Coruscant, and really, galactic democracy mercilessly shattered and then ground into dust every day had left her in a not-so-great mood. She was not willing to put up with as much nonsense today as she was with others.

Still, if I can resolve whatever this is without (too) much bloodshed, that would be for the best. What happened with those poor Bothans because I was left with no choice but to go for the kill…

She wondered if that Jedi Padawan had truly reflected on the situation like she had. It had been hard to sleep for a while, realizing that the wife and mother of those two was either likely in psychiatric care or homeless as a direct result of his actions of trying to play the hero without considering all the wider implications. She was beginning to understand why a lot of the galaxy disliked Jedi.

All of that was swirling around in her head the little alien girl approached her in terror, followed by two thugs who thought she herself was an easy mark, she wasted pretty much no time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Determinant~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roll: 11 + 5=16, Roll 17 + 5 =23, roll to beat=9 for both.

Tella, blue eyes flashing with annoyance and her silver hair brushing across her face, reached out both of her hands forward to the thugs in a quick gesture, surrounded both of them in a solid field of Force energy, freezing them in place mid-draw in a Force Stasis Field. Kneeling and petting the little girl on the head, she comforted her.

"It's okay now, dear, I am just going to have a chat with those guys over there..." She said comfortingly, before getting up and walking over to them, lightsaber in her hand but not ignited.

"You're going to tell me what is going on here, and think carefully before you do. I am not in the mood to deal with lies today."

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS: Tella Voland Tella Voland Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ren Ren Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker
OOC: Please feel free to join in one at a time in response to the scene in the street as your character sees fit.

red_boarder.png
The tense standoff between Tella and the immobilized thugs, Ralk and Viro, was a spectacle that seemed to stop time in the bustling Coruscant thoroughfare. The normally clamorous street hushed as vendors and passersby watched, frozen, their lives briefly suspended in the theater of the ongoing confrontation.

Ralk, the Trandoshan, continued to seethe under Tella's Force hold, his predatory eyes full of venomous defiance. "You're getting on the wrong side of this story, Jedi," he spat, the term ringing with accusation.

Viro, the Devaronian, was more sardonic, his sneer revealing sharp, predatory teeth. "Yeah, shouldn't you be up in your temple, meditating on how to save the universe?" he mocked, his voice reverberating in the silent street.

A safe distance from the tense scene, huddled figures in shabby clothes whispered urgently to one another, pointing and casting fearful glances. Droids hovered anxiously at their owner's sides. Behind hastily assembled stands, vendors hunkered down, their hands ready to snatch up their goods and flee at the first sign of a full-blown confrontation. But for now, they all held their breath, caught in the web of tension spun between the Jedi and the thugs.

In the midst of this, the small Twi'lek girl clung to Tella's clothes, her terrified eyes darting about the silent crowd. She murmured in a voice so soft it could barely be heard over the stillness. "They... they took them. My mama and papa... They said we owed them." She choked on her words, tears welling in her large, frightened eyes.

The Coruscant street, normally a symphony of movement and noise, had become a stage for a harrowing tale of a darker side of the city. Tella, Ralk, Viro, and the Twi'lek child were now the unwilling actors in a drama that, for the moment, held its audience captive. The onlookers waited, eyes wide and hearts pounding, for the next act to unfold.

DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer

It had been a long night and most of the day for Euric and his mates in the bar where he worked for his Family associate. Only half-sober, the former slave was heading home from a going-away party at said bar. It was located in a seedier part of the planet, but his apartment was not. He had enough credits for a decent place that had decent security on it, and it was worth the travel time from his work place.

As he made his way through a marketplace not far from home, his former life as a slave alerted him to trouble in the air, the sounds around him changed, and he looked around for the cause. He saw a woman Tella Voland Tella Voland and a child and two rough looking types. They weren't moving at all, as if magically held in place. They didn't look very happy, and the crowd was watching the woman, who had something in her hand, some sort of weapon.

He had his own weapons, a blaster and a vibroknife, under his jacket and at the small of his back respectively, but didn't reach for them. Instead he moved slowly toward the confrontation while keeping within the crowd of onlookers, his eyes on the scene. The kid was crying, and he didn't know why. What the hell was going on here?

"Yeah, shouldn't you be up in your temple, meditating on how to save the universe?"

"Don't talk like you understand."

Jasper had been patrolling the streets of Coruscant, as he so often did. He had when he was a padawan, then a knight of no renowned. Now he was the Sentinel of Harmony, the youngest member of the New Jedi Order's council. One would usually think a swanky new title and a promotion would cause a shift in focus, but Coruscant was still his city. He didn't take kindly to slavers. He had seen the commotion from afar, and almost immediately the situation had become clear.

The knight turned, sparing Vella a glance.

"I appreciate your civility," he noted. "But some people don't deserve patience."

With that, Jasper drew his claymore with his mechanical arm, readying the blade in front of him. It was very much overkill, but that was sort of the point. The knight had no intentions of killing these criminals, but he was going to rough them up. A lot.

"Turn your head, kid," Jasper called back to the young Twi'lek girl, giving a warm smile. "You don't gotta watch this." Then he was back on the two thugs, an intense look in his eyes. "I hope you're prepared. I have no intention to hold back."

Not against slavers.

Tella’s eyes widened in genuine surprise at the arrival of the other (obvious) Force wielder-judging from his aura and confident manner of walking almost certainly a Jedi, and she could not help but be startled for a moment, taking a step back. She knew she had work to do with using the Force to sense on such a large planet with so many beings, but for her to miss someone like that nearby? Her mother would never let her live it down if she knew. She had been aware of the crowd growing for some time, but long enough for a Jedi to make it down from their vaunted sun-kissed Temple on the upper levels into this darkness?

And of course he threatens to simply beat them to a pulp in front of a clearly terrified young child. There was a reason I did not ignite my lightsaber and did what I did. She’s already terrified enough. The Force help me, this is like Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale all over again with the lack of social awareness.

Recovering from her shock and still holding onto the Stasis field, she turned and knelt down before the child, making sure to block her view of what was about to happen.

“There there, it will be okay. You are safe now and your parents will be too.” She cooed gently, patting the little alien girl on the head while whispering to her. “Our friend over there is simply going to talk to them. Do not worry, no one is going to really get hurt. Here…” She said, reaching down into her robes and fumbling through her purse for a moment, pulling out some of the Corellian chocolate candy she liked to munch on. She figured if she could calm her down, she could get some information, perhaps almost as much as she could from the thugs “chew on this, and tell me what you can remember.”

Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer

A man in red and black armor walks into coruscent hunting sith but instead sees all the crime in coruscent "this place reeks of crime and death maby I should stay here longer and help with the crime problem

After seeing the amount of crime in coruscent he would go to someone nearby and ask "why is there so much crime here it's as if crime is just oovertaking this place

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS: Tella Voland Tella Voland Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ren Ren
OOC: Post-order will be as follows please: Tella, Euric, Jasper, Ren, Dm
Untitled.png

red_boarder.png
As Tella knelt beside the Twi'lek child, the marketplace faded into the background. Her senses were entirely consumed by the terrified, desperate child before her. The girl's eyes, beautiful Andesine hues typical of Twi'leks, were wide and shimmering with tears. Her lekku, the head-tails that Twi'leks used for communication, were twitching erratically - a clear sign of distress. She was trembling, her small body wracked with sobs that shook her thin frame.

Tella offered the child a piece of Corellian chocolate candy, and the girl took it with a hesitant, trembling hand. She began to nibble on it tentatively as if she wasn't sure she could trust the offered treat. After a moment, though, the sweet taste seemed to calm her slightly. Her sobs slowed, and she looked up at Tella with a touch of gratitude and overwhelming sadness.

She was painfully thin, her ribs visible through her dirty and tattered tunic. Her skin, though naturally a vibrant blue, was dull and covered in grime. It was clear she hadn't been well cared for, hadn't eaten properly in what looked like weeks.

"I... I ran away," the Twi'lek girl murmured, her voice small and broken. "They were... bad people. They took me... and others... many others. I don't... I don't know where my parents are... I haven't seen them in a very long time."

Her words were interspersed with hiccuped sobs. She held the candy like it was a precious gem, nibbling at it slowly as if trying to savor every moment of it. It was probably the first decent thing she'd eaten in a long time.

Tella may have felt a pang in her heart. It was all too clear now - the child was a victim of some underground slave network. She had been starved, and separated from her family. The fact that she had mentioned other children meant this was not an isolated incident. This was organized. This was a crime that could not go unanswered.

As Euric's keen eyes followed the unfolding confrontation it all added up. As a former slave himself, the sight of the Twi'lek child, cowering and tear-streaked, awoke certain memories associated with bondage. All at once Euric knew what was at stake here, the terror that was the life of a slave. As his gaze lingered on the child, he would be reminded of the life he had escaped from, a life that no child should ever have to experience.

The two thugs, having come to grips with the gravity of their situation, traded wary glances. They were cornered, and they knew it. They might have been brash, even reckless, but they weren't foolish enough to invite the wrath of not one, but two Force users. Particularly when one held a lethal weapon and an intimidating title to boot.

"Hey, Jedi..." The taller of the two thugs drawled, a grimace marring his scarred face. He gradually attempted to lift his hands, a universal sign of surrender, but the tension in his posture spoke volumes of his reluctance-- not to mention being stuck in Tella's stasis yet still.

"We didn't want no trouble with the likes of you," he admitted, his voice tinged with both resentment and apprehension. "The young'un just bolted, that's all. We were tasked to fetch her back."

His partner, smaller and wiry, added hastily, "Yeah, that's right. You understand, don't you? Job's a job." The quiver in his voice made it apparent he hoped to appeal to the Jedi's sense of reason, or perhaps mercy.

Their conversation was interrupted as a newcomer strutted into the scene. Clad in crimson and ebony armor, he was an imposing figure, and his harsh proclamation hung heavy in the air, further dampening the mood of the already anxious crowd. As his gaze swept over the scene, the observers could almost feel the collective intake of breath, the marketplace suddenly as silent as a tomb.

Every pair of eyes flicked anxiously between the Jedi, the armored stranger, the frightened child, and the two increasingly desperate thugs. The atmosphere was so thick with tension it was almost palpable, a volatile cocktail of fear, anticipation, and the grim promise of a brewing confrontation.

Despite the city's unending cycle of crime, it seemed that today, at least, justice had come knocking.

Despite his initial urge to mind his own business and move along, Euric remained transfixed by the confrontation taking place in the marketplace, along with all the other onlookers and the merchants hiding behind their hastily closed and covered stalls. The two Jedi, if they were what he assumed them to be, seemed to have the situation well in hand. Euric watched and waited to see what might happen. This could get ugly fast if the thugs had armed friends and associates nearby.

Others were taking note of the situation, a man in red armour had joined the second Jedi in the open area that had cleared itself, as the bystanders and spectators made sure they were well out of the way of any impending trouble. Euric remained in the crowd, watching, waiting. It looked to him like the thugs were in a great deal of trouble indeed.

Coruscant's undercity was a crime riddled warren where trouble was never far, and the shadows ran long. It was rare enough to see a Jedi down here, let alone two at once. Curiosity overtook exhaustion and the breaking of the monotonous boredom kept the Reaper involved in this situation as a silent watcher. He saw little need or reason to involve himself directly just yet...

DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer Tella Voland Tella Voland Ren Ren Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"Yeah, that's right. You understand, don't you? Job's a job."

Jasper wasted very little time, not even humoring the two. He drew his pistol, firing off two stun rounds to take out both of the thugs. He had no patience for slavers. A sigh escaped from his chest as he pulled a fob out of his pocket. It was a beacon for the Coruscant police force. He always kept one on him as he was generally one of the people down here finding criminals. He'd turn back, giving a warm smile to the young girl.

"Sorry about that," Jasper apologized, his voice soft. "The bad people won't hurt you anymore."

He'd give the other present woman a glance, trying to assess her. Why hadn't she done anything? Even if she didn't want to scare the girl, it was far worse to stand around while she was actively being threatened.

"There are others like you?" he asked, overhearing what the girl had mentioned. "If you can, do you know where they are? I wanna help."

The day had only just begun and already Tella was feeling tired between the depressingly common tale of the child and the two thugs genuinely thinking they had done nothing wrong with their lives. She was just about to mind trick them into being more helpful and going home to rethink their lives, something that would make the crowd less apprehensive of them than bringing down law enforcement or gunning them down, when the Jedi not only shot both of them with his stun pistol, he actually threw down a Coruscant police beacon.

You dumb nerf herder! Think, Jedi, Think! You think all the people down here are squeaky clean? Most of them are wanted for a list of petty crimes just to be able to survive...and you just called the police here.

Any chance of getting more information out of the two thugs went away with the stun bolts, and the crowd would surely disperse by the time the police arrived.

Tella just stood there stunned for words at the sheer arrogance of the Jedi while he questioned the young girl. The Jedi shot her a questioning glance, as if to say “why didn’t you do more like me, the NOBLE JEDI?” and Tella barely repressed an urge to punch the man in the face, but was unable to hide a very irritated expression.

Gods, this is what Mother meant. This is what she meant about them. Not being able to see the forest for the trees most of the time.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer Ren Ren Euric Shadowwalker Euric Shadowwalker

Last edited:

As the pair of stun bolts erupted from the Jedi's weapon, the marketplace froze in suspended anticipation. The bolts were as blue as a midday Coruscant sky, crackling ominously through the still air before striking their targets - Ralk, the Trandoshan, and Viro, the Devaronian. Their bodies convulsed for a brief moment, illuminated eerily in the electric light, before slumping lifelessly onto the rough street. Gasps and murmurs rippled through the crowd, a cacophonous wave of shock and relief. The thugs were down, and it seemed the worst was over.

Red and blue lights began to pulse rhythmically from the small device, painting the surrounding faces in stark hues. The drone of distant sirens started to fill the air, drawing closer with each passing moment.

Despite the commotion, Tella, Jasper, and the young girl seemed to exist in their own quiet bubble. The girl, clutching her piece of Corellian chocolate tightly, hiccupped through her tears. "I...I ran away," she whimpered. "From the...the bad place. Lots of kids... lots of kids still there." Her voice grew softer with each word, barely audible over the bustle of law enforcement. "Don't know where...where my parents are."

She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, turning to look at Tella, then Jasper, with a mix of confusion, hope, and fear. "Can...can you find them?" she asked in a tiny voice. "Can you save the other kids too?"

Meanwhile, the man in red and black armor introduced himself as Ren, from an order called the Crimson Knights, an entity neither of the Jedi had ever heard of. It was clear this day in the marketplace was far from ordinary. By now, the crowd began to disperse knowing the police force was well on their way.

Euric was a whisper in the teeming market crowd, his nondescript attire and understated demeanor blending seamlessly into the bustling background. He remained just another face, unnoticed, forgotten amidst the ceaseless tide of life.

I swear this place has to much crime I wish I was sent here earlier it would be a lot easier to deal with all the crime when it was at a small amount well beggers can't be choosers so I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom