Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artifact: Legacy of the Sith Empire

[member="Valessia Brentioch"] [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

She remained still and passive looking as one hand touched the tea cup and held it. THe usual moments first, feel the heat coming off of it, smell the soothing scent of atrisian blend but go deeper in case there is the scent of drugs or poisons. Some might be tasteless and odorless but sometimes there were mistakes like trying to dilute it or first timers wanting and thinking they needed to mask it with more. She took a sip of the tea though while listening. Her hand bare instead of in the glove while she flared the force just a little to search it, to probe and feel its memories before it touched her lips. "Killing should be an art and making it look like an accident something only the talented can do." She took a sip watching the two of them with eyes flicking back and forth, senses roving over them for anything and spared a thought about what she wanted. "Ancient secrets however are not as interesting to me as finding a place that is interesting."

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia had touched a nerve and she shifted her weight in the seat, she allowed her voice to drop an octave. "Those poor unfortunate souls ." An almost devil-like smile curled along her lips. "I am glad that we can all come to an agreement, so allow me to confess, I am after the works of the past." She leaned to her left as she put the cup to her lips again, with a raised brow. "Relics that could inspire me."

She took the last sip of her tea and set it down. "But of course, why, discuss murder, when we entertain a much more..."

"Dare I say, seductive method." Her eyes setting sights on Ms. Tanaka specifically as she gingerly pushed the teacup aside, elbows leaning up against the table in a manner ill-befitting of an aristocrat. "Who could resist spilling all that they know to such beautiful faces." She then turns to Ms. Morte, "we'll have better luck with smooth words, and tender tones. If that fails, then how dreadful it would be to lose those unfortunate souls."

The scion of house Brentioch perks up as they're signaled for arrival. Tugging at her ceremonial armor she checks her carbine once, and the bayonet at least twice. With a flick of her wrist, a flare of purple as she grinned. Was it the force? Magic, perhaps. She always preferred magic. Not the force, as far as she knew - she possessed neither, still. The puff of purple smoke seemed to flood through her. "Shall we?" If her voice could be dipped into a tense, perhaps coated in seduction - it was now.

There was a profound effect that it might have to those untrained in the force, and even those who were mere acolytes or padawans might find themselves struggling to resist it.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"], [member="Belle Morte"]

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Belle Morte"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

And so the quest was off to a good start!

The smell of purple powder rose into the air. It seemed to flood through Ms. Brentioch. The, dare we say significant, look she'd given Sumiko did not escape the Atrisian. There might be some...interesting possibilities. After all, Sumiko was a ruthless ex-Inquisitor...but also a woman with desires.

However, such speculations would have to wait because our gang of three had finally arrived. With barely the ripple the Revenant appeared in the Lehon system. Unlike the crew of the Ebon Hawk almost five thousand years ago, our heroines would not have to go through the humiliating experience of crashing.

Rather, the ship set course for a planetoid covered in beautiful, azure seas and dotted with islands across its surface. The droid piloting the ship informed Sumiko and she picked up her pistol and lightsabre. "Well, there we are. Let's get this show on the road, shall we?" she asked rhetorically, eyes lingering on Valessia for just a moment. Time to land and go relic hunting.

Her face remained expressionless from practice but her senses were flaring and eyes flicking between the two women.. for a moment and then the woman in the middle turned her gaze to the zeltron and her bodysuit felt a little warmer while she released additional pheromones. One of the few signs that there was something vaguely like an emotion coming from her. She was debating if the woman was suggesting something to happen now while they traveled but she said nothing to it. While part zeltron she might share some of her species thoughts on monogamy or just the dangers of it. She had stayed careful and prepared for any number of situations until they arrived. Almost letting a sigh of relief escape her lips when she felt her jaw tighten with additional tension. They had arrived and she could get to work rising up a little while withdrawing her energy bow and electrowhip. A disc saber going at her hip she could retrieve if needed. "Then let us begin."

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia was quick to make contact with her dear friend, Articio. Articio Jonaé was a man who grew up not to far from Valessia but in a different class. Although he was such a fabulous dancer, it was his style that caught her eye. Fashion wasn't really his thing, he just enjoyed colors. At any rate he joined some sort of civil service, and eventually worked his way into customs.

"Articio darling, this is Valessia how are we doing?" She looked at the little holo-communicator and smiled as she could see him smirk at his desk. Oh, she knew that look, he had flexed some of his 'bureaucratic' muscle. And whenever he got the chance to do that he was positively giddy. "What did you do?" She's quirking a brow if only because she's actually curious in spite of their time crunch.

"I've got pressies for you dah-ling." He waves and squeals, "oh how I enjoy being the red tape." Articio is dressed in a quite red bowtie and a black button up. His shiny black shoes come to the top of his desk as he is more than pleased with himself.

She let out a deep belly laugh, cackle? Cackle-laugh? "Oh, Articio. You magnificent creature." She loved it when he was this way, especially when it came from doing her a favor. Which only meant they'd split the loot, and the scion of house Brenitoch was more than okay with that.

"I know, Valley. I know." He says - then gasps putting his hand to his mouth, he wasn't supposed to say that in the company of others but lucky for him he showed his new toys to her. "I have some lightsabres, robes, and a few crates worth of goodies."

She sighs giving both her new companions a bit of a glare as if to say you-didn't-hear-that, "so where are they now my dear?"

"Oh, somewhere. I don't know where I had a few of my boys in the cartography place flip their sensors and map devices, so who knows!" He squeaked, Articio was positively mad with his own power. It was cute, adorable even but Valessia was only concerned in making sure they were stalled. "Shall I send these gifts to the um, to the um whatever this is docked at my port?"

She grinned and quipped, "if only you could handle something like that being docked at your port."

"Shhh, Valley!" He waves her off flamboyantly. "I'll have them sent right away, okay I know you can't talk long." Then blows a kiss to her. "Kiss, kiss darling."

"Muwah, kiss, kiss Articio." The fashionista closes out the call and turns to Ms. Tanaka and Ms. Morte. Clearing her throat as she regains her composure. "He is a delightful thing to have at salons." Then with her hands in front of her gesturing. "Shall we walk or take a speeder, my dears?" Her voice back to its normal composure now.

[member="Valessia Brentioch"], [member="Belle Morte"]

Well, Valessia's customs friend was certainly a colourful and flamboyant fellow. It was unlikely that Sumiko would've tolerated such a degree of flamboyance and intimacy, but though she did not know the background she could tell there was history between the two.

This probably allowed Mr Jonaé to get away with taking certain liberties. Such as referring to his mistress as 'Valley'. This one would be very amused if he called the bureaucrat called the cold Inquisitor 'Summy'. However, he seemed efficient enough since, based on what Sumiko had picked up from the conversation, their competitors had been distracted by sending them on the wrong route.

The spaceport was busy as could be expected. Since this was still a One Sith world, patriotic posters hung on the walls and one could see holograms depicting members of the Dark Council. One ad extolled the bravery of Sith troopers who were fighting to preverse the Imperial Way of Life against Jedi terrorists and at the same time exhorted citizens to do their part by purchasing war bonds.

In other words, the usual fanfare. "He seems quite a colourful character, but I see he performs his function well," she spoke when Valley...pardon, Valessia, returned. "We can use a speeder. Get there quicker and make up for lost time."

Her look was on the man as he spoke with the woman and her face showed maybe the same thoughts Sumiko had. Briefly before it was composed again and he seemed to have done what was needed. SOmeone speaking so formal might have had other things happen but this wasn't her asset it was the woman's when they were walking. "Assets should be cultivated, his familiarity with you could be an issue in the future." She said it but still walked not acting on her impulse to make sure he doesn't speak to anyone else. "A speeder would be most effective, they should have some of the older model aquatic speeders the sith used on Manaan." She had seen those and they were good when you had a rebreather for exploring ot going over a planet with a lot of water.

Valessia Brentioch

V
"And this my dear, is why I am me, and you are you." Valessia's confidence surged, "and trust me." There it went, her voice dropped dangerously, seductively low - paired with that rasp in her voice. "Those who cross me will lose their minds. No matter how thick they may be." It was clear from her expression as she spoke that she'd be more than prepared to deal with those who betrayed her. "But Articio is enough." She may have already dealt with treachery again, as Brentaal IV was often ripe with it.

A delicious smirk on her face as they walked through the spaceport. "Articio is a precious creature, and effective." She adds, addressing Ms. Tanaka's comment directly. It doesn't take long for them to find a speeder outpost. She groans, for as much as she appreciates the past she does not appreciate its technology. There's room for two if they're lucky, three if they force it and with Valessia around they were going to force it.

For someone who works as much as she does with fabrics, you would think she would've been more tender with her outfit. But, given the amount of work she puts into the industry. Valessia took two hands to the 'outer' layer of her outfit, stripping it down to the core. Throwing it down into the compartment behind the seats she huffs, just as a worker rushes out. "That'll be-" Valessia turned and the puff of smoke she summoned before was blown into his face.

"You're giving us the speeder on the house, you'll pay for the hours used with your own credits, and you adore the First Order."

"I, I'm givin' you the speeder on the house, and I'll pay for the hours I used with my own creds, and I adore the First Order."

Valessia threw her head back and laughed with a cackle fit for an Imperial. "You poor unfortunate soul." She says in that lowered octave of hers. "Ms. Tanaka, Ms. Morte after you." She gestures.

[member="Belle Morte"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Oh, I believe I like you, Sumiko thought to herself. "I'm confident Ms. Brentioch knows how to keep her pets on a leash and bound to her. Or to dispose of them if they cease to be assets," she commented coolly. The seductive low whisper did not escape her anymore than the undercurrent of menace in Valessia's tone. It sounded like someone who'd experienced betrayal and retaliated. Good. Soon they arrived at the speeder outpost. An insignificant worker had the audacity to try and impede them with irrelevant bureaucratic trivialities.

Sumiko was about to enter his plebeian mind and sway it through a subtle use of the Force, but Valessia summoned magic powder, which produced the same effect. The Atrisian's senses tingled, for she sensed it had to be a sort of alchemical concotion. "You will not tell anyone about us," she added.

"I will not tell anyone about you," the 'poor unfortunate soul' spoke like an obedient drone. His voice was vacant of emotion, for he was but a puppet whose strings could be easily pulled.

"Thank you for your cooperation," she opened up the speeder and climbed inside. It was a bit small for the three of them, but they'd manage. "Ms. Morte, do drive, if you like," she added, typing in the rough coordinates for their destination into the navicomputer. Or whatever the speeder's high-tech equivalent was. Before them lay the lovely landscape of Rakata Prime. Warm sand, palm trees, cerulean sky. The sort of place you could think of going on vacation on.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

She watched the two of them and raised an eyebrow compacting the bow while it went to her hip getting into the drivers seat of the speeder. Eyes flicking over the landscape of the planet when the coordinates were being input. She slid into the seat checking everything while her holopad projected anything that might be local they had to watch out for and there wasn't anything there of note. Her eyes went while the speeder started up to the mirrors in the back before expanding outwards with her senses to feel the world around herself. Pulling the speeder once the other two were in and secured for safety as she didn't want to get pulled over or have something beeping wasn't buckled up. "All secure?" Her hands gripped the controls for a moment bringing it out and around to find their heading before kicking in the repulsors to go over the water and trees.

Valessia Brentioch

V
They'd manage alright, the two person speeder would be forced to accommodate three. Valessia sat between them, even if most of her assets sat on top of Sumiko Tanaka's lap. Placing Sumiko's arms around her like a safety belt, Valessia closed the hatch of the speeder. "Secure as we shall ever be, Ms. Morte." With the speeder secure the three ladies set off on their quest to find the ancient artifacts of the long dead Sith Empire. Valessia was presently leaned over into Sumiko so that she might give Belle more room in which to maneuver the speeder with.

Although she admired what she could see of Lehon, Valessia's only thoughts were how to adjust herself properly while in this more than awkward position. With her lovely back end parked on Sumiko's lap and her front end just about smooshed into Sumiko's face. "Enjoying the view?" She all but cracked up laughing, as she tried to keep her 'evil' composure. Though one had to admit that was more than hilarious.

It was hard to not enjoy it, it was after all only ceremonial armor, even if it was heavier than most light armors. "Excuse me, I must adjust..." She says to shift the top part of her armor around. "Busts can be hard to manage, you understand my dear."

[member="Belle Morte"], [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

And so the speeder dashed across the sandy beaches of Lehon now that the seated arrangements had been sorted out. The aforementioned arrangements produced a degree of awkwardness and hilarity since, alas, the speeder was not designed for three people.

Fortunately, Lady Brentioch had discovered an ingenious solution to this particular conundrum by planting most of her assets on top of Sumiko's lap. This made it somewhat difficult for the Atrisian to move her head without it coming into close contact with the noblewoman's chest. Sumiko felt a bit uncomfortable for a few moments. She was not normally this up close and personal in public. It made her feel a bit exposed. An ambush would make things awkward.

However, then she relaxed and did not seem averse to close contact with Valessia. "Oh, I understand perfectly. You do have a lovely one. I certainly shan't complain about the view. I do hope I'm not in too deep." Her tone of voice had become a couple significant degrees less cool. As for the other view, it was quite nice. Sandy beaches, blue sky, palm trees and a couple ancient ruins.

It was a little cramped but beign the driver had its benefits mostly she didn't have someone sitting in her lap while they were piled inside and she could put down the window a little so they had air circulating to prevent it from being just hot and sweaty inside. Taking a moment to look out over the landscape while heading in the direction and her empathy pinged letting her eyes shift. Head remaining straight face neutral and very little movement to indicate she was listening to them as they spoke. Belle moved a little going as she adjusted when the course changed just a little in a more exaggerated turn to jerk the woman on the inquisitors lap to help with some of their efforts bringing it all about. "We should be there soon." She was looking at some of the things around while ship hulls protruded from the ocean where they had never been removed, some were on the islands along with remains of some of the temples or encampments.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia cleared her throat, tongue in cheek - literally. "You can never be too deep, my dear." The noblewoman remarked as she sighed with appreciation once the windows were rolled down. It was still hot to be in ceremonial armor and considering she'd stripped some of it off already. She began to strip down to what looked to be a thin blast vest when Ms. Morte's skills came into question as the speeder jerked. This landed Valessia right into a straddle position as she flipped her legs around to grip the seat for dear life. It was a reflex, she could've been damaged but all was safe.

The scion of house Brentioch gave Ms. Morte a glare before settling on Ms. Tanaka's lap still hunched over. She let her hair down so that she might readjust it, before actually adjusting her undergarments to keep them from sticking to her skin. "How much longer?" She asked Ms. Morte and then her eyes fell to Ms. Tanaka, clearing her throat she quickly repositioned herself to be situated much more appropriately.

Thankfully she needn't wait that much longer as they arrived at their coordinates. Getting down she slid off of Ms. Tanaka's lap and moved the seat once she was able, to fetch her armor back out. Her loose hair bun fell apart, which let loose a set of curses from her lips. "Ms. Tanaka if you could be so kind as to strap me back in?"

This writer is tempted to conclude that Valessia's enjoying this way too much. Of course, this one is probably guilty of the same, so they shan't complain. Regardless, Valessia stripped off most of her armour, which gave Sumiko a better look, then the speeder jerked sharply.

Alas, that caused issues as Valessia was forced into a straddling position and to hold on to the seat for dear life avoid anything unpleasant happening. Sumiko wondered whether this was the cosmos' way of trolling her. It was a good thing her younger sister was not around. Anyhow, she gripped Valessia to help stabilise her. As a consequence of the sharp jerk, the noblewoman was kind of all over her.

"Seating arrangements being as they are, do refrain from jerking the vehicle so sharply again, Ms. Morte. Unless necessity forces it," she said coldly. Fortunately, they arrived at the coordinates soon. So far no cannibalistic xenos primitives had tried to ambush them. Naturally Sumiko was a considerate, well-bred lady and obliged Valessia's request to strap her back into her armour and get her bun in order. "Of course." She was not at all having some far more raunchy images about what 'strapping in' might entail.

She looked at the two of them with a look from the sides of her eyes when the speeder stopped with her door opening. A looked at the two of them as she reached out with the force sensing the area around them to have a better view and set of some of the bigger things. "It was needed for clarity." She rolled over staying with larger parts so she could straighten her armor and equipment ensuring it was set over her neck proper just under the chin. Her bow and whip on her hip stepping into the sands. "Do either of you oppose to death of some of the locals? THe Rakata are amusing but I do not want to literally be eaten." She moved off towards the rocks and other parts to get a better view with different sightlines closing the speeders door.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Having been strapped back in her armor, Valessia approached. "Only if it is absolutely necessary." She checked her carbine and bayonet. And then double checked her holo that brought out a map. "This way, there should be a set of ruins or a cave, and from there we go down." She led the trio through a rocky terrain, of which there was little to no conversation if anything there was a few looks from Val to Sumiko. She stopped midway to their destination and looked down. "Someone's been here." Her boots had crunched already broken twigs, and as she knelt down she could see the fresh sap of the branch.

It hadn't been a highly wooded area, but enough that the cracked branch seemed out of place. "Ms. Morte, Ms. Tanaka." She says carefully her hands along the carbine's body. "I do believe we're being watched." She recalled saying that violence would be used only if necessary. "This would be if necessary, Ms. Morte." Something flashed out of the corner of her eye and knelt down just behind the branch. She set her sights and waited, a Rakata. A quick squeeze and it was down, but there were more.

Rakatan! Within a short space of time, a mob of xenos was upon them. They were tall, with cone-shaped heads and eye stalks protruding from the sides of their heads. Their hands were clawed and they were all armed. They also looked rather hungry and seemed to have decided the three humans would make a good meal.

Or a ritual sacrifice to their gods. In all fairness, the ladies looked good enough to eat. As the mob charged, they let out an eerie, alien wail. The sound seemed impossible for human vocal cords. They wielded an array of weapons, ranging from primitive spears and swords to slugthrowers and archaic blasters.

Sumiko had taken up position alongside Valessia. She squeezed the trigger of her bolt pistol and an APEB round spat out of the gun and slammed into the nearest alien warrior, blowing its face off and hurling the corpse back into its cohorts. The pistol roared again and an armour-shredding projectile impacted upon an alien's knee, causing an agonised cry of pain. It was not dead, but would not be running again. Identifying the Atrisian as a threat, aliens hurled spears and javelins her way.

Most of them were fairly useless against her armour, but then she was suddenly pushed back and staggered when a blaster bolt splashed against her side. Most of the bolt's energy had been absorbed by her suit, but she grit her teeth. Now she was annoyed! She sank into the Force and pulled at the tangled web of power, invading the minds of the blaster-wielding alien and of a few of its comrades.

The feeling could be compared to parasites boring into your mind, as she exacted her will upon the creatures. For a moment or two they were paralysed. The creatures cried out in pain when they felt her take control. Moving like puppets whose strings were being pulled, they suddenly turned their weapons on their brethren and attacked them furiously.

She remained focused and ready for anything when she heard the feeling coming after them... The other two took up positions and she moved to the side as the compacted energy bow opened quickly activating with a shot fired quickly when she pulled back remaining there. She might be an archer for some of the things but these rakata once they realized it were going to either come in for the close range with their blades or take cover so she moved. Dashing to the side and drawing back for a moment to fire almost from the hip before she rolled int he sand and came up with her whip lashing out with it to strike one of the legs of another rakata while she saw a bolter go off into the chest of another. The carbine was interesting before she pulled using the force with the whip and brought her hand up to the bow getting it back for a third shot into the eyestalk of the one she had by the throat as it let out a scream. She moved dodging a blade with the force while she moved off onto a rock kicking him in the face.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia finished the last of the Rakata off with a few more bursts. Smoke rose from the muzzle of the weapon, as she stood to her feet. Wordlessly she inspected Sumiko's wounds, perhaps out of care or perhaps motivated by something greater. She examined the armor, looking more as to what it was made of and how she could improve that. Removing her hand looked Sumiko in the eyes and lingered there for a moment too long, "I have no doubt that we shall see more of them ahead."

"Let us press forward." She motioned for Ms. Morte to take point as she walked alongside Sumiko. "I have a medpac if you need it." Her voice was softer, and Valessia realized it just a little too late. She kept her focus on the path ahead, following Belle closely s they continued along their path. She recalled the last time her voice was this soft with anyone. Siobhan. Swallowing hard she picked up her pace, panicked by anything that would remotely resemble feelings. "This is new." She gestured toward a break in the path ahead. "Perhaps one of the groups managed to get past Articio after all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom