Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artifact: Legacy of the Sith Empire

Valessia Brentioch

V
SOMEWHERE BETWEEN ASSISTING A DARK LORD AND LAUNCHING A BRAND
NEW TEXTILE COMPANY. VALESSIA ENGAGES IN A BIT OF TREASURE
HUNTING. EDRA HAS GIVEN HER MASTER A LEAD ON THE LOCATION OF
SEVERAL ARTIFACTS FROM THE SITH EMPIRE. THOUGH IT WOULD SEEM THAT
VALESSIA ISN'T THE ONLY ONE GUNNING FOR THEM. WITH HASTE, SHE FORMS AN ALLIANCE
WITH TWO OTHER IMPERIAL FANATICS AND THE RACE IS ON.

Valessia paced the center of her vessel. Paddy, her personal assistant droid stands at the doorway between this room and the tiny corridor leading to the cockpit. When Edra had told her of the cache locations, she was beyond excited but then they caught wind that there were at least several others going after the same loot. She told Edra to inform at least two of them that she wished to form something of an alliance.

All anyone knew was that the caches dated all the way back to the Sith Empire, during the reign of Darth Malak. Which as far as rarity goes was certainly high on her list. And so now, she paces back and forth as Edra now pushes her way past Paddy and makes for the holoterminal in an effort to coordinate with the two who have accepted the temporary alliance and how they wished to proceed on with this mission.

"Would ya quit with the pacing? Yer makin' me nervous." Edra remarks.

Paddy finds this the perfect time to voice his opinion. "Perhaps I should put on a spot of tea?"

"Yes." Valessia tells him, and then turns to Edra. "Coffine?"

"Duh." Edra remarks as she takes a step back. "There, I'll be in the little Zabrak's room with the droid. Call me when yer done."

Valessia waits until both Edra and Paddy have departed, finally the two other members of this team appear on the holo and she is able to introduce herself formally. "I am Valessia Brentioch of Brentaal IV, were either of you able to find any more information on the cache locations? I have a time table of how long we'll have to get there versus the other teams." Two other teams, as they were not the only clever starships to put their mind together. Three teams of three were now coordinating on how to beat the others to the artifacts, first.

[member="Belle Morte"], [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Valessia Brentioch"], [member="Belle Morte"]

Sumiko cocked her head slightly when the aristocratic, patrician features of Lady Brentioch appeared on holo. "Sumiko Tanaka," she said simply in response. Formerly of His Imperial Atrisian Majesty's Inquisition, but those days had long since past. She did not miss them. Being independent was preferrable to being a tool in the arsenal of a totalitarian, Forcer-hating régime.

The Scion of House Brentioch got straight to the point. That pleased Sumiko since she was not the sort to indulge in small talk. Moreover, time was of the essence. A droid servant passed Tanaka a steaming cup of Atrisian green tea.

"My intelligence places one of the caches on Lehon. Or Rakata Prime, if you prefer. It was stored in the lowest levels of the Temple of Ancients. There the trail goes cold. The temple suffered significant structural damage when Revan's fleet bombarded it during the Revanite Crisis, which also means many artefacts remained undetected since then. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's been raided since Lehon has been claimed by various powers several times over, but it's a good starting point," she spoke smoothly and took a sip from her cup.

Sumiko had been a member of the Inquisition team dispatched to Lehon after the Atrisian Empire took over. They'd found a mind box. A stormtrooper had been sucked into it. Alas, the device had been damaged. As was well-known, Bane had found Revan's holocron in the ancient temple. Who knew, maybe they'd run into Lost Revanites still pining for their dead hero.

[member="Valessia Brentioch"] [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

The other two were different as she stood there for the holoterminal, her look more one of focus while she stood stiff and at the ready for anything. The inquisitors armor from the old sith empire on Dromuund Kaas under the massive sith emperor. Leaving the ring that was her blade on her back and the energy bow collapsed on her hip as she spoke. "From records Lehon has been visited several times but a major effort and push by the jedi to explore the temples and ruins chasing down things happened. The Atrisian empire before it changed itself to another galactic empire did as well. It isn't said if they found anything big but they were working to establish bases to have long term teams there. Some other movement on the planet but not a lot." She looked over a little letting the armor settle and she was ready for the real trick of what they were going to do... Fight something or deal with it while she finished with her hair putting it in a tight ponytail topped with a zenji needle like a stinger to attack with. Electrowhip wrapping around her hip. "Any artifact though could have also been found before the purge of information several hundred years ago. Or in sealed files by beings like Palpatine who recorded in his books over just a computer."

Valessia Brentioch

V
"Then it would seem Lehon is our destination." Valessia informs them, "we'll need to hurry. A team of two marauders and one powertech already have an hour and half of time on us. Will we be taking my vessel or one of yours?" She inquires, Edra pokes her head out with a disconcerting look. There's nothing she can do, once her master's made her mind up about something it's usually settled. "I happen to have a contact on Rakata Prime already, I'll see what he's gathered while we're en route to Lehon."

"Paddy, my armor please." She addresses the droid who sets tea down on a nearby table.

The droid bows, "of course master, right away."

Valessia takes a moment to study the features of the other two women, already making a go at what she may have to say that could get them through several areas a lot faster than simply fighting their way through it all. For her part, the noblewoman was after the old Sith Trooper armor from the fallen Sith Empire. She was more than eager to get her hands on real material, to study it and figure how to reinvent it for the First Order. Although the Brentaalan would be more than happy to have her hands on any artifact from the era. "We'll have a more in depth conversation on what might be on the planet once we're all aboard the same vessel." It would be much easier for them to arrive on one vessel with the other ships in tow just as a precautionary measure. "The other vessels will have to maintain their distance as to not give ourselves away."

"I'd suggest using my own vessel. It's designed for stealth and would have sufficient space. We can rendezvous. Where are you presently? I am on Atrisia. I can see what information I can dig up en route," she replied softly. Her tone was polite, but there was litle real warmth behind her cordiality. Time was of the essence. Her reasoning was quite simple: Her ship was a modernised Phantom, so it would be appropriate in her opinion. Moreover, she did not want to be dependent on others. This was no slight against her companions, she was simply jaded and somewhat paranoid.

Once Lehon had been the homeworld of a galactic empire that bestrode the galaxy like a colossus. But, the glory came before the fall, and now the Rakatan were savage primitives. Sic transit gloria imperii, she thought to herself.

Lehon was Sith territory these days. Personally, Sumiko disliked the One Sith but felt no animosity or hostility towards them. She prided herself on being able to separate personal preferences from business. According to her information, the Scion of House Bentioch had connections there, which would ideally reduce the likelihood of meddling on their part. Either way, she was prepared.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Looking at them as more information came and suggestions for the ship she shrugged with a nod of her head. "I am in a borrowed hutts vessel so I have no real problem going on another ship." The hutt had been a job while she was hunting Yuria the little sneak thief. "As for the planet if we operate professionally we should be able to avoid the sith. They have been distracted as of late with some of the incidents." She had been hearing things and saw the holonews as needed to gather information while she stood up a little taller. "Just say when and I will be ready to transfer over to whatever ship is needed for this." Slowly she set her one hand on the top of the collapsed energy bow to rest while the other drummed lightly just out of range of the holodisplay.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia pointedly says, "on the edge of One Sith territory, near Brentaal IV. We shall meet aboard Miss Tanaka's vessel and discuss the plan in more detail then." She disconnects the holo and proceeds toward the cockpit. "I want a new pilot by the time I return." She tells Edra as she heads toward her chambers to change into ceremonial armor. Currently the pilot was a human male, and one that had failed to serve satisfactorily. The Zabrak sighed it was getting harder and harder to find a pilot who could field well both in the cockpit and the bedroom.

"Your armor, master." Paddy remarks. "I've added a new sheath for your bayonet. I do hope it pleases you."

She'd be the judge of that as she entered her chambers. "Edra!"

"Yeah, yeah keep ya bra on. We're headed toward this Tanaka lady now." Edra remarks as she lets herself into Valessia's chambers. Helping her with the armor. "Looks like that bucket of bolts did something useful."

"He's always useful, to me." She says looking herself over in the mirror. "And Edra?"

Edra looks with a quirked brow.

Valessia gives the Zabrak a chaste kiss to the lips. "I appreciate all that you do."

"You better." Edra quips with a smile. "There you go, all secure."

"Good. Transmitting the coordinates," Sumiko said and then cut the connection. She leaned back in her leather seat and then glanced to a droid. "Make sure everything is prepared for the arrival of our guests. And keep a good eye on the ship. I don't want intruders."

"By your command," the grey-coloured battle droid, whose body resembled a humanoid skeleton, spoke blandly. Its eyed crimson. The same colour as the blood of the Inquisitors who had been butchered by Archangel during the Anti-Force-User Purge on Atrisia.

It was a different time now. The Banner of the One Sith had been hoisted upon the Imperial Palace, though their iron grip over the Core was shaky. The purge had never been broadly publicised and now seemed like a distant memory. The former Senior Inquisitor had not forgotten though. One day she would have revenge. She buried these thoughts into the fathomless pit of darkness from which she drew her power and prepared for the arrival of her companions.

Receiving the coordinates while she set the course in the auto flight controls with a small look. She was more curious about the people but finding information on them she doubted it would garner much. She knew her records were not big for the public and with the fall of the old sith empire and the inquisition well they had been there on the computers for anyone to just walk in and start deleting with thermite and magnets so it was a pile of slag. She sat down in the seat tapping her fingers on the arm while they were flying through hyperspace to arrive and meet at the coordinates with the others. "Set the chrono to wake me when we arrive." She didn't know how long it would take but sleeping when you could was important and she was guessing a need for focus and concentration with her bow or whip. The droid there with her nodded its head in confirmation of what they were doing while she closed her eyes. Later as she woke up with the chrono beeping annoyingly the woman's eyes flashed for a moment groaning and throwing one of the droids into the button as it tried to get off of its back. "Quiet." She moved rising up and going for some of the water as she took a sip seeing where they were headed and she grabbed her pack with the equipment to head out and meet the other two.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Later they arrived within transport range of Ms. Tanaka's vessel. Edra left a few traces of her love along Valessia's tender skin. "I could come with you, you don't know these or owe these women anything."

"Your concern is appreciated my dear, Edra." Valessia runs a hand along the bottom of Edra's chin, she places a chaste kiss on the side of the Zabrak's lips. "I am more than capable of handling myself."

"Paddy, are we ready for transport?" The Zabrak asks the droid.

The droid turns and acknowledges. "Of course, Ms. Tanaka's already signaled for your transport, your ladyship."

Valessia nods and heads out, giving Edra one last look over her shoulder. On the way over, she thinks about why she's even doing this. Honestly, there's just a pull - like, something inside her needs to go to Lehon, to Rakata Prime to find these artifacts. What exactly she'd find she didn't know. All she knew was that she had to discover the past, and perhaps as she did this, she would discover just a small part of herself. "We have arrived your ladyship, shall I keep here?"

"No, Paddy. Return to Edra, and keep the vessel within a safe distance, alright?"

"Yes, of course, your ladyship."

Taking a deep breath, the Scion of House Brentioch soon found herself on the modernized Phantom. "Ms. Tanaka, a pleasure to meet you in person." She takes a moment to pause, look and then ask. "Has Ms. Morte made it aboard, yet?"

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"], [member="Belle Morte"]

Thus Sumiko met the Scion of House Brentioch. Predatory eyes gave the woman a good one-over, scrutinising her. It did not escape Sumiko's attention that the woman was very attractive. As a matter of fact, she was gorgeous.

However, the former Inquisitor had more self-control than a certain Countess Kerrigan. A pretty face could easily conceal a hidden dagger. Paranoid? Well, yes, Sumiko probably was a bit. Her attitude might change a bit during the mission, or not.

"Likewise a pleasure, Lady Brentioch. Welcome aboard," Sumiko said smoothly. She spoke Basic with only a slight Atrisian accent. Since it was the polite thing to do, she extended her hand.

"Ms. Morte hasn't arrived yet, but I believe her ship has landed. We can begin in the meantime. Can I offer you anything - tea perhaps?" As everyone knew, Atrisian tea was the best tea in the Galaxy. She had other drinks as well though. Sumiko felt the Force emanate from the young Brentioch. This was a cause of surprise for her, though she hid it well behind her polite mask. That had not been mentioned in her files. Most intriguing, she thought to herself. "Were you able to acquire more information about the cache?"

The trip there and arrival had been easily handled but it was what came next. Getting to the other ship and meeting the others while she went about getting what information she could about them or trying to gleam what could be said for where they were going. Nothing much to her while she arrived standing with her small bag of equipment with a small look. She was mostly arriving to give some ease instead as she spoke. "I am here." She said it more as a matter of fact and to at least give the illusion like with the ones who hunted that she could hear everything. That red cloaked thief had been scared of it enough before Belle stood still releasing just enough pheromones to ease people around her but not saturate the area or try to ignite things. Cooler heads and all while she stood tall at the ready.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Ms. Morte had a rather forward way of introducing herself, or so Valessia thought. She turned to Ms. Tanaka, "tea would be lovely, and only very little. It's located several meters below the surface, and a rough location of where the other teams are in relation to our coordinates." Valessia motions toward the computers, where the information was coming through. "Atrisian, my you do have exquisite tastes, my dear." She let the word roll off her tongue with a smile.

She relaxed in her seat looking Tanaka over, she felt something from her - what that was she didn't know. Running her tongue along the top of her teeth she had other ideas in mind. For now, though she needed to be focused. "We should be within range of Lehon within a few hours."

Patting, another seat. "Care to join us for tea, Ms. Morte?"

The last member of their party of three joined. It happened to be a girls-only trip. This was fine because Sumiko was slightly sexist. Nothing better than three strikingly attractive, darkside women going on a fun adventure together! Ms. Morte's arrival was accompanied by the coming of pheromones, though not enough to derail the three ladies. Sumiko's mind was largely blocked off. The Inquisition had taught her a good deal about restraint. Let it not be said that Mirien Valdier was not a harsh taskmistress.

"Welcome, Ms. Morte. Make yourself comfortable," Sumiko spoke to the Zeltron hybrid before turning towards the Scion of Brentioch. "Why, thank you, my dear. I do try to maintain some class."

Inquisition had been very classy about elegantly murdering people. She turned and checked the information on the computer. "Pilot, take off. Destination is Lehon. Ensure we are not detected when we enter the system," she commanded the droid. It was competent enough to fly the ship. Probably better than Sumiko could. Lehon was not far from Atrisia, so while the other team had a headstart, they would be there soon.

Finding that Valessia's information had reached her and tallied with what the noblewoman had said, she settled down in the comfortable leather seat, crossing one of her strong legs over the other. A moment later a servant droid brought drinks and biscuits. Exquisite Atrisian tea was served in shiny ceramic cups.

"I received your information. It tallies with my sources. I do not anticipate trouble with the local authorities, so our biggest concern are the other teams. Along with whatever traps might impede our path to the cache. My armoury is well-stocked if we require additional equipment."

Looking at the two of them now in person it was different, that part of her brain for empathy was silent. There wasn't emotions coming from them while she slid her glove off speaking inside the ship. "Yes please." Prime and proper with a collected fury as needed. She was one of the Sith Empires Inquisitors at a time, charged with hunting down sith before it was disbanded but they couldn't eliminate the skills the agents had gotten. She moved to sit opposite the woman keeping her legs crossed before turning to look at the one that brought them both together here for this quest. "Do we have a reason to leave these competitors alive, if there is a risk we can just ensure they have an accident." She remained practical with it, it was after all easier to quell dissent or problems in the future if the troublemakers weren't around to cause it.

Valessia Brentioch

V
A smirk grew along Valessia's face. "None that I'm aware of, but it would be in our best interests to ensure that they were accidents." She was not above taking out her competition in a brutal manner. She had a goal to achieve and she would do whatever it took to achieve it. Well, within the confines of the law that was. "No we shouldn't have trouble with them at all, and if we do I'm sure I could convince them."

The brunette brought the cup of tea to her lips, drinking it gingerly before setting it back down on its plate. "Now then, I only have a contact or two in the area, but if this cache is buried as deep as we think it is. We'll need to be prepared for anything, traps, creatures or others." Just because there were other teams heading toward Lehon now, didn't mean that there weren't teams already down there. Relic hunting was both exhausting and exciting. "Additionally, I have a contact on Rakata Prime is going to do his best to hold the team on that planet." A pause, "he works customs."

[member="Belle Morte"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

"'Accidents' can be arranged to whittle down the competition," Sumiko said dispassionately. Being a sociopath meant that you could discuss such matters in a rather upfront manner without experiencing moral dilemmas.

"Ideally, I'd like to drain the knowledge from the mind of their leader first to see if they have more information." She picked up her ceramic cup and took a sip from her tea. Lehon was not Dxun or Korriban, but still home to a variety of wild beasts and either the old Sith or the Rakatan might have left traps behind. But that's why her armoury contained plenty of death dealing toys.

She nodded towards Valessia when she mentioned her customs contact. Many people underestimated what a pain in the arse something as simple as an obstinate bureaucrat could be. Meanwhile the ship had left Atrisia behind it and slipped into the blue tunnel of hyperspace. "Good thinking. Have him keep us posted on their movements. If I may ask, assuming we find anything of value, what is your interest in these artefacts?" She imagined it was not academic!

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Ah well that settled some of their problems and she was certain she could find a use for them if needed. "There are plenty of ways to extract information from them. I am more then glad to assist." A small tight lipped smirk tugged at her mouth with the idea but it was something worthwhile. THey even had someone able to hinder and provide information. "Any other information that might be useful? I know the republic held the world for a time at least and were searching it as did the Atrisian's Empire I believe before they bowed to join the fringe." She remembered that and had been there in the outer rim with some of them. Learning from Rave a couple extra skills to add when they got close.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Going through hyperspace traveling it like a current, well on their way to Lehon. Valessia settled into her seat, relaxed shoulders and a more than confident air about her. One hand ready to hold her cup of tea while the other laid in her lap, poised for action. Her lips pursed together as she listened to both Ms. Morte and Ms. Tanaka speak, "ladies." She cautioned, "while I admire your passion. We must ensure it is an accident and cannot be traced back to either of us."

"Now, that is not to say that they could not be persuaded to join us, or tell us what they know willingly." Now there was that wolfish grin again, her tongue sliding along the top of her teeth as both her hands came to brace the table. Looking between, her two companions. "Just leave it to me." Relaxing back into her seat she took her cup of tea and brought it back to her lips gingerly sipping on the best tea she's had on this side of the galaxy. Ms. Morte asked for additional information but there wasn't much else outside of what she knew off hand. "Not at the moment, but I'm sure once my contacts have completed their tasks we'll have more."

Turning toward Tanaka, "indeed, he shall. He's been so faithful, and I adore him. So I assure you, our opponents will have a devil of a time." Sipping on her tea once more, she sets the cup down and looks between the two inquisitors. "So I suppose we should get this out of the way now, as we'll all be eager to come away with something from this little excursion." It was always one thing to come together but to leave, well. Leaving was always the trouble now wasn't it? "What is it exactly that the two of you are looking for, or rather hoping to discover."

Someone more hot-tempered - and illogical - than Sumiko might have taken offence and thrown a tantrum. However, the Atrisian's expression remained as placid as ever. "I'm very skilled at keeping my murders covert and ensuring there's no blood trail leading back to me, Lady. I pride myself on discretion," she remarked. She did not sound insulted by Valessia's statement, rather she was stating a fact.

The aristocrat understood the virtues of caution and discretion. Whether her silver tongue was as formidable as she claimed would be seen, but it was good that the Atrisian was not working with a crude battering ram. "If you can sway them, good. I would assist. I know how to play with a human mind." She brought the cup to her lips and savoured the taste of the lovely Atrisian tea before using a napkin to wipe her mouth a bit.

"As for what I desire, I'm interested in ancient arcana. It would naturally be absurd to expect Rakatan devices of great power lying around, but the Sith of Revan and Malak's era were quite prolific in acquiring artefacts, arcane scrolls and such." This one would like to get a mind prison, but, alas, Rakatan technology was banned. Ergo a dramatically named scroll that taught Force Shadows would have to suffice! That was cool, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom