Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arpat be Burcyan - Seed of Friendship [Ordo] [[Complete]]

Callysta frowned slightly as she thought that over. Didn't sound too bad. It sounded more than reasonable, though she knew she probably be sore for the first few weeks. She was silent for several seconds until his question jolted her back to the present. "I'll go with you..."

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"Well you can't go with me down there." Ordo said as he stepped into the ship. It was a clean ship and well built for its age.

He headed to the galley and began tossing some food together. As she entered the ship he put the plate and cup in her little hands.

"I have enough food on stock dor about a month so eat up. When you're done ill show you the 'fresher and your room." Ordo said "I have to go mend your handy work."

He walked toward the crew lounge which consisted of a table, two benches and a low couch. Ordo flopped onto a bench and pulled a medkit off the bulkhead. He pulled off his plated and pulled out of his upper jumpsuit. Quickly he sacnned the cut and settlwd on a packing and wrap. He began packing a small amount of sterile gauz into the cut without a groan and began wrapping a gauz around himself. He would have to stitch it after a day of two just to make sure it wouldn't get infected.

He sat up and went to grab a cup of caff then began take off procedure. He was ready to go.

Shrugging, she wandered slowly up the ramp, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her coveralls. She followed him to the galley, hanging back a bit. When he placed the plate and cup in her hands, her eyes widened slightly. "Thanks..." she whispered softly, looking up at him for a moment. it was a lot to take in so quickly, and she was quiet for several minutes as she focused on eating.

As he went towards the crew lounge, she followed him for a moment, leaning against the edge of the doorway as she finished her food slowly. She could feel her stomach clench slightly in protest at the sudden input of food after a few days, but she ignored it. She watched him in silence for a moment until he headed towards the cockpit. She followed along behind him again, slipping into an empty seat.

"So.... where are we headed..?" she asked after a moment of silence to swallow her food. She couldn't remember having been on a ship before, and she spent a few moments just looking around. She absently brushed a few strands of hair from her face, frowning.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo sat down in the Pilots chair and began running through the preflight checks. The engines came to life and the old familiar hum began rumbling through the ship's hull. Ordo leaned back as the ship Warmed up and put his feet up on the console.

"We're going to Mandalore." He said looking out the viewport. "And then we'll get you squared away."

He began to stretch then remembered his side and instead he sat up and went to go get a cup of caff.

"Don't touch anything I'll be right back. I need a drink."

Frowning, she followed his gaze foe a moment, looking out the front viewport. She could feel the engine vibrations through the decking, She looked over at him for a moment and frowned. "I've never been anywhere but Corelliia." She looked sideways at him, shrugging when he abruptly left the cockpit in search of a drink. After a moment, she hopped out of her chair and looked around for a moment before slowly making her way back towards the the galley in search of something to drink herself. See wondered if he'd meant for her to stay there. "How long till we get to Mandalore...?" she asked, leaning against the wall next to the entry to the galley.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"Well if we don't stop for anything it'll be a couple of days." He said pouring some caff. "Help yourself, if you want."

His big hand gripped the cup and looked at he scrawny build. She was in dire need of some food, kindness and training. He siooed his drink and thought about if he caolud get armor in her size.

"Do you have any family left?" He said looking into the black liquid.

Shrugging slightly, Calliysta sank down onto the bench across from him and accepted the steaming mug. The warmth was.. .comforting. After a moment she took an experimental sip. it was slightly bitter, and she made a bit of a face but crank it anyways. it wasn't too bad. There were a few moments of silence between them, and she got the feeling he was thinking about something, but she didn't ask. When he asked his question, she froze for a moment, and frowned as she tried to think. "No... My parents died when I was young... maybe a couple years ago. It's hard to tell. And I have no siblings." She frowned again and looked up at him, studying his face for a moment.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo sat for a minute tapping armored fingers on the table. He was still young plenty of energy. Why not? He stared at the girl her knowing blue eyes saying she had more experience with pain than some adults.

He stood and walked around the table and hauled her to her feet. He held her by the shoulders.

"Ni kar'tayl gai sa'ad" he said "I know your name as my child."

With that he picked up his cup and moved back toward the cockpit to give it a minute to register.

She was still looking at him as he came around the table. She wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but he'd already saved her once. She started slightly when he hauled her a bit roughly to her feet. She had to fight her first instinct and held his gaze as he finally spoke. She wasn't a she what he'd said until he translated.

Her eyes widened. She stared at him in surprise and turned to watch him go, her mind whirling. 'Why would he adopt her.. ?' After a minute or two she followed behind him and slipped into the same seat as before, silent for a moment. "So...I'm your daughter now? What exactly does that mean?"

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"It means you're my daughter. Not that hard. I teach you, look after you, and tell stories, the whole bit." He said. "My parents died too. They had a farm right outside the city. Mandalorian by the name of Ka'voryc took me in just like I'm going to do with you it's our way. Family is more than blood. You'll see...in time."

Ordo made one last check then eased the ship up and out of the hanger.

"You may want to strap in." He said before taking them toward orbit.

Frowning slightly, she fumbled with the crash restraints for a moment until she figured them out. Once they were secure, she nodded at him.

"Guess I've got a lot to learn then," she said softly as she watched the spaceport fall away behind them. "I've never been off Corellia before. What's Mandalore like?"

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo laughed and looked over at the girl. He reached a big paw over and patted. The girl on the shoulder. He was glad he could help her. Maybe she would keep him sain. He had lost everything in the galaxy that mattered to him. Even his own adopted father was dead now. He was alone and full of the need to take back what he had lost.

"I guess we'll learn some of it together kid." He said leaning back to pilot the ship as it streaked out into the stars. "Mandalore is a hard place, hard but with many beauties as well."

It's alot less noise than Corellia. The girl would be surprised by the simple almost rural lifestyle of most Mandalorians. He wouldn't be staying long though and she would be able to come with him or stay with friends. The coordinates he was going to search were all in the unknown regions and what problems he'd see he didn't know.

She nodded at his words, and leaned back into her seat as the ship pulled up sharply. It left her feeling a tad bit unsettled but it passed quickly as the ship leveled off. "It sounds like a better place than Corellia, at least." She sighed, and hesitated a moment before she looked up at him as he laid a hand on her shoulder. "I.... wanted to thank you for what you did back there. You didn't have to. And yet you did it anyways." She frowned. "Though.... I'm... rather shy, so it may take me a while to...adjust...." she said softly after a few seconds.

It was then that she realized how she must look to him. Her hair was long - past her shoulders and tangled. She'd not bathed properly in weeks, and her clothing was stained and torn in multiple places. She flushed in embarrassment. "You wouldn't happen to have something else I could wear..... and a way to clean up...?" she mumbled.
@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo brought the ship into a safe place and activated the navicomputer to begin it's calculations. He stood up and waved a hand.

"Come on" he said smiling the best he could. "Let's designate you a room and we'll see what I can find for clothes."

He wanted to be a good Buir but she needed a softer touch than some would. He decided to just lay it out she was his daughter now and she'd be with him a long time.

"I'm from Corellia too. My family had a farm outside the city. When my parents died I tried to take over but my sister Cora died and my other sister ran off to get married. I became a frieghter pilot met a girl got engaged. Then 7 months ago she was kidnapped. I met a Mandalorian and he adopted me. I'm just starting my search now for her. I didn't plan on picking you up I just hate seeing kids suffer, and everyone deserves a chance for Cin Vhetin a second chance."

Callysta hesitated just a fraction of a second before she released her crash restraints and hopped out of her seat to follow him. Self-consciously, she rand her fingers through her dark, tangled hair. She was quiet as he described his past. When he was done, she hesitantly reached up to grip his hand. "How do you... forget that. Doesn't.. the new beginning mean you ...start over...?" She stopped then and looked around as he guided her down the corridor. The ship was bigger than she'd realized at first, and for now, she was content just to look around.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

It wasn't long before they reached the door to one of the 4 crew rooms.

"I don't know if we get to forget, little one." He said honestly. He was still far from moving on himself, "but your past is forgotten by the Manda and only what you do next matters. What you put on your clean slate is up to you and I'll be close by to help."

He squeezed her little hand gently and touched the pad by the door.

"You can clean up and sleep here. My quarters are right next door of you need anything. This is a Baudo class Star yacht for your own reading pleasure and this may be the last one its so old. Feel free to look around but stay out of the engine room and the room beside it. Those are dangerous for you. When you see if you can find some clothes meet me in the cockpit and you can help me jump to hyperspace. Okay?"

@[member="Ordo"]

She peeked int othe room after a moment, and her eyes widened as she saw what was in it... and it was now hers. She gripped his hand for a moment as if to steady herself. Considering his words for a moment, she nodded. "Then I want to start over.. learn to be stronger...." She paused. "Maybe a new name too?" she shrugged slightly, not sure what all was involved. After a moment's thought, she dropped down on the edge of the neatly made bunk and pulled her boots off with a grimace.

"Think these boots are too small, and they're pretty worn through...." She hissed in discomfort before dropping the boots on the floor and wiggling her toes for a moment. Then, she set about looking through the drawers and lockers that were built into the wall. She couldn't help it - she'd always been curious....if very timid. "I'll have to read up on it, I guess.." she said quietly as she gave him a shy smile. "I'll meet you up there in a few minutes.."

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"Anything you don't find we can buy in keldabe." He said patting the door frame as he turned. "See you up there."

He walked toward the cockpit slowly. The ship was a good size but not very versatile in combat. He stopped and looked back toward the crew quarters. He was going to have to find a female Mando to help with some girl issues...but hopefully he could handle the rest. But she was right about a name. He was called Ordo by his Buir, he'd probably just go with that. The girl hmmm...he'd have to kick that around.

She listened to his footsteps receding down the corridor before she moved over to the locker. A bit of fishing around in the bottom produced a pair of boots that looked roughly her size. Setting these aside, she sorted through the various coveralls that were folded on the shelf above. About fine minutes of earching, and she found one close to her size.

She dropped these on the bunk and then slipped into the small refresher in the corner of the room. It took her a moment to figure out the controls. Even then, she hissed in surprise as child water hit her. A bit more fiddling, and she got the water warm. She showered quickly and then died of briskly, the towel soft on her skin. Then she dressed and quickly finger-combed her hair before slipping out of her quarters and heading to the cockpit.

She gave him a shy smile as she slid into the same seat as before.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"Feel better?" Ordo asked as the girl gave a shy smile and sat down.

She was still skinny and her hair needed a decent cut, but she cleaned up pretty well. He took out his small data pad and made a note to have her pick out some clothes in Keldabe. He had just sold his families farm and the last of the equipment. If he was smart he could stretch the small fortune out for a long while before he had to start taking jobs. However, a suit of armor for the girl and some decent clothes, wouldn't hurt him any at all. He turned his eyes to look out the view port as they moved through space. each pinpoint of light could be a whole system. Billions and Billions of worlds and suns and who could say what else lay right there in front of them. It was all accessible from a cockpit he almost feel it in his bones.

"Well when you're ready. You can push this little silver lever forward and we'll make the jump to hyperspace." He said putting a finger on the hyperspace activation switch. "Then Manda'yaim won't be long after."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom