Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arpat be Burcyan - Seed of Friendship [Ordo] [[Complete]]

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Isley Verd"]
[[Note: Anija is approximately 10 years old here. She was born Callysta Gseran - Anija will be her Mando name. Parents were Halon and Edythe Gseran]]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kolene, Corellia

The early morning chill cut through Callysta's thin cloak like knives, and she shivered, pulling the tattered garment close about her shoulders. She was currently crouched near the shadowy corner of a building, trying to keep warm. What little clothing she had, had been crudely patched many times over. she watched.. and waited as the sun began to peek over the low buildings.

She couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten... maybe three days... or was it four? It was hard to remember. Frowning, she rubbed her hands together, trying to stave off the early morning chill. After a few minutes, she noticed smoke working its way up out of some of the chimneys of the buildings lining the street - which meant that people were finally up and about. Hopefully, she'd be able to score a meal today.

"Come on..." she whispered as she watched the moving shadows inside a building that she knew to be a bakery. Two doors down, she knew there was a butcher shop. Maybe... just maybe, she'd get enough food to tide her over for a few days. That is.... if she didn't get caught. Her shoulders tightened as she remembered. She'd been caught before by the local CorSec official. He'd hauled her to the station and she'd spent two days in lockup. If she was caught again.... She shuddered.

Shaking herself, she looked up as she heard a door open and then another. The merchants were staring to set up for the morning market. Brightly colors stalls began to appear before each of the shops, and then each shopkeeper began loading the table with their wares. There were meat pies, fresh cut nerf meat, and fruit... and even someone selling Corellian Ale. Just the scent of the meat made her stomach rumble in protest of being empty.

Pushing to her feet, Callysta slowly moved towards the corner of the building, flattening herself against the wall as she peeked around the corner. She had to jerk her head back as she spotted someone coming. Her heart pounding, she moved a few steps back and crouched as she resumed watching - and waiting. And she didn't have to wait long. Within a few minutes, the market began to fill with shoppers. Now was her chance.

Ducking through the crowd carefully, Callysta wound her way towards the first stall - the bakery. She was close now, and could smell the aroma of the fresh bread. Ducking around a rather stocky Corellian man, Callysta slid under the edge of the booth, and crouched there for a moment to catch her breath. A few seconds passed as she just stayed there and listened to the voices and the footsteps outside her little hiding place.

Frowning, she reached out.. she wasn't sure what it was... but she knew she could distract people sometimes at need. it wasn't always reliable, but she had to try, looking upward, she imagined the surface of the baker's booth, covered with warm loves of bread wrapped in cloth. In her mind, she pictured grabbing one with an invisible hand and tumbling it across the table. She heard an uneven series of thumps, and then a couple loaves of bread tumbled to the street, each going a different way.

There was a shout of surprise, followed by a few rather colorful Corellian curses. Callysta ducked out from her hiding place after a few seconds of the confusion, and snatched one of the loaves that was still bouncing along the pavements. The shouts started up again, and Callysta just ran. She didn't much care who she ran into right now, and she ducked and dodged pedestrians as she headed in a totally different direction than the one she had come.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

((Ordo was a young man here not the scarred leather skinned Shabuir y'all know and love. He still went by his birth name, Jasper back then.))

Kolene, Corellia (one last time)

The young man was fresh off the farm well sort of. His green and grey beskar'gam was brand new and unblemished. He was leaving Corellia today and he didn't know if he would be back this time. His Bria was taken and he was going to burn the stars out one by one to find her. He was cutting through the market enroute to the starport.

The ships came and went in the distance as his thick armored boots clacked on the duracrete as he drove his heels as if he was marching on a parade deck. The people parted as the young firebrand cut his hard line to his ship.

He was going through a lot of emotions. His parents had died not long ago and his sister Cora had just died. A sand panther had ended the poor girl's life before Jasper could get to her. Now Bria was gone. She was all he had left and they were supposed to be Married in just a few weeks.
He was a mess really, but anger and determination held him together inside the Beskar plates.

Before he had gone far a bustle and shouying ahead drew his attention. He was in no mood for trouble and his new C-M fragstorm was itching to start talking. That is until the dark haired girl burst through the crowd as she clutched a small loaf of bread and ran for dear life.

'Cora?' He thought.

The dark hair, the light skin, those scared eyes and the age. They were all exactly like his little sister. Jasper reacted without thinking as the girl looked back to check for pursuit she nearly ran into him. He reached out a big hand and grabbed her by the shirt and pulled her close as he lowered his Fragstorm to face her pursuers.

The people didn't take long to start clearing out and Jasper pulled the girl to the side quickly.

@[member="Ordo"]

Callysta turned to look behind her... and suddenly felt an armored fist close over the front of her shirt. She stumbled, staggering against him slightly, her eyes wild. It took perhaps five seconds for her brain to process what was going on. And when she realized it, she swore heavily in Old Corellian. There was a sharp tug on the front of her tattered coverall, and she followed the direction of it without thinking, which sent her stumbling again for a moment. Tearing free of his grip, she tried to run again - not realizing that her pursuers were starting to clear out.

"Let me go...." Her voice was full of panic, and her eyes wide as she stared up at him. She'd seen Mandalorians before.... and she'd heard stories. But never seen one up close. Her hands were shaking badly, and she almost dropped her loaf of bread as she tried to duck around him. But, even as she did, she felt his armored hand grip her arm again. Without thinking, she spun and tried to drive a small knife toward his ribs.

@[member="Anija Ordo"] @Isley Verd

"Can it." Jasper said as the little battler tried to yank away. He was wild eyed and locked tight into a fight or flight response. He should probably just let her go before she faints. Then as his hand locked on to her arm she spun and shot a small knife for his ribs. She was fast, determined and had shereshoy. The knife snuck beneath his plate low on his side and pierced his side.

"Blast it kid!" he said as he dropped his arm to trap her knife and hand on his side. Slowly he tried to pull her hand and knife away from his side. She was tough. He liked that.

"You better make shabla sure you want to get cut when you start a knife fight, kid." Jasper shook her once to get her attention and did his best to ignore the cut on his side. If he had been at a better angle he would be in real trouble. Lesson one don't underestimate any one. "You hungry?"

Callysta cursed then, tensing as his arm dropped to trap her wrist. She pulled against his hold, gasping at his strength. Her wrist was firmly pinned against his injured side, the edge of his plates digging into her wrist.

She blinked in surprise at his sudden change in attitude, and his question stopped her for a few seconds. When he shook her, she looked up at him briefly before focusing over his shoulder as she looked to see if CorSec was around. "You think I steal food for the thrill?" The question was mildly rhetorical. She pulled at his grip, trying to get away again.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"You think I let people live for fun?" Jasper responded to the little waif of a girl.

She was a fighter, just like him. She had the right stuff alright, Mandokarla and bkast if she didn't look like his sister. She pulled again. He could have broken the girl's arm it was so small in his big hand.

"Come on!" He said pulling her still again. "Now you calm down and stop rhis osik girl! Now you're hungry and I have food or do you want to run back to them?"

He pointed at the crowd and slowly let her think it over before he let her hands go. His side hurt. He'd have to tend it on the ship but he'd live and if he had anything to say about the girl would too.

She swallowed hard at the steel in his voice and lost her footing for a few seconds as he forced her to be still. Mumbling something under her breath, she shook her head at him. "Can't go back." She paused. "Would rather die then go back .."

She stilled then, and looked over his shoulder again, wincing ad his armored fingers dug into her shoulder painfully. "Anything is better than here," she whispered, not really looking at him.

It was more like she was looking through him. Her free hand still clutched at the stolen loaf of bread. When he released her left hand, she nervously brushed dark hair from her face, and kept looking sideways as of for a way out. 'Could she trust him?' she wondered. It sounded almost too good.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo straightened and looked at the poor kid. It was a sad life on the streets here. People were unforgiving and would throw a poor girl like this to the wolves or worse. No one missed street rats and so even the "authorities" could do just about anything they wanted to them.

He pulled off his Buy'ce and looked at her with his grey-green eyes his face still young and semi-handsome. He tucked the helmet under his arm and ran a hand through his brown hair. Helmets itched when your hair wasn't cut close.

"This way," he said offering his hand after he winced from his wound. "Lets get you something hot in your belly. You must be starving."

Callysta frowned, hesitantly lifting her gaze to his as she heard the his from the helmet's seal being broken. She was... surprised at how young he was.

A few moments of silence hung between them as she considered, the knife all but forgotten on he pavement. "Alright ..." she agreed finally, flexing her fingers to restore feeling too her hand. "Just... Make sure they don't follow..." she mumbled, still skittish.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo reached into his belt and pulled out a chunk of uji cake and handed it to the girl as he turned to leave. She was a scared young girl maybe 9 or 10 at best and yet see had that sad I've seen more than most look.

As they walked he looked at her and did his best not to think of cora or Bria.

"Do you have a name?" he asked calmly his buy'ce still off. "My name is Jasper."

Hesitantly, she took the chunk of Uj cake and nibbled on it as she tried to keep up with him. The cake was dense and had a rich nutty flavor that was sweet like honey. The Uj cake almost melted on her tongue and she felt the sweetness trickled down her throat. There were a few minutes of silence between them as she nibbled on it as they slowly continued towards the spaceport. She had been keeping track as they progressed, and she soon realized that was where they were. her eyes widened and she stared up at the immense building for a moment.

When Jasper asked his question, she froze for a moment and shrugged. "Yeah.... not like anyone uses it.... so what's it matter...?" And then she frowned and looked up at him as he told her his name. Nervously, she shuffled her feet. Yet more silence stretched between them as she finished off the Uj cake, absently wiping her slightly sticky hands on her rumpled coverall. "Sorry..." she mumbled then, looking down at the floor. She still found it hard to see all the armor. "My name is....C...Callysta..." she whispered, grinding the very worn toe of her boot into the permacrete paving where they stood.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

"Well bless the Manda." He said, "was that so hard?"

Jasper shook his head as he took a step toward the starport. He knew the girl was scared but then she would have to get over that eventually. She had it in her. He could see it. She had tough written in those little knowing eyes.

"Come on I have to go to my ship to get yo I more food and to stitch your handy work." He said waiting for the protest he thought would come.

"Or are you going to settle on one piece of uji cake?" He raised an eyebrow as looked down at her.

She flushed crimson and shuffled her feet. "I... don't usually tell people my name," she whispered. Her blue eyes followed him for a moment as she hung back, thinking. She still want sure if she could trust him. The mention of food made her stomach growl, but she hesitated.

"I....uhm...I don't know...." She was thankful that he'd saved her from that mob, but she wasn't sure if he had some agenda. She glanced back the way they had come, checking to see if they had been followed.

They had. Swearing, she ducked sideways as she saw someone in a CorSec uniform with a couple other men. One of them pointed at her and said something to the CorSec officer before the three of them started in her direction.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Jasper slowed as the girl started hanging back.

"What now kid?" He said following her gaze. "Blasted CorSec!"

Jasper stuck his helmet on and turned to Callysta. He put his Fragstorm in the crook of his elbow and grabbed her overalls. He pulled her behind him and squared off to wait for the CorSec officers.

"Just stay behind me kid." He said his Corellian accent still strong, "I won't let anyone hurt you, I promise."

He let go of her and put his hand on the big shotguns pistol grip as the three officers got close.

"You there!" They said as Jasper stood his ground. "That girl is wanted for stealing!"

"And?" Jasper said not moving.

"Give us the girl, Mandalorian." They said

"I didn't come all this way to find my daughter so you could take her from me." Jasper said as he cocked his weapon, "savvy?"

Callysta hissed in surprise as Jasper gripped the front of her coveralls again, firmly depositing her behind his armored form as the three men drew closer.

She crouched near the permacrete wall that surrounded the spaceport and listened. Her hands clenched tight with fear. She thought her heart would best right out of her chest. And then, Jasper said something that made her stare in disbelief. 'His....daughter...' What could that possibly mean? She wasn't well versed in Mandalorian customs, and so she decided to hold her questions until they were alone.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

The officers didn't look overly confident as the Fragstorm's hammer drew back.

"She stole bread. She needs to pay or go come with us!" The officer replied.

Jasper tilted his head and was glad they couldn't see him smile.

"did you forget to pay the baker ad'ika?" Jasper said, "funny? I must've forgot to give her the credits."

Jasper reached down and pulled out a 100 credit chip and tossed it on the ground at their feet.

"Usen'ye." Jasper said rudely. "We seem to be done here."

He turned and put a deliberately gentle hand on the child's shoulder.

"Come on ad'ika lets leave these boys to their bread protecting."

For a few seconds, she stared at the CorSec officers in mute shock. She really didn't want to go anywhere with them - she remembered the last time and barely suppressed a shudder.

Jasper's question brought her up short for a moment. Looking up at him, she frowned. ".....guess I did," she mumbled after a moment and shuffled her feet, ducking her head to hide a grin.

She may not know what she was getting by going with him, but it certainly couldn't be any worse that what she'd been through. She listened, and had to keep her head down to hide her smile at his joke as she watched the cred chip fall to the permacrete.

When he laid his hand on her shoulder, she tensed briefly. If he was willing to lie to them to protect her, maybe it was worth going with him after all.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

He walked in silence. This was stupid. He was on his way into who knows what and now he's picking up street kids. His Mando training must have gone to his head more than he thought. He lead her to the boarding ramp of his ship and stopped. He was going to have to leave it up to her.

"Listen kid," he said pulling off his buy'ce and looking down at her. "I hate people hurting kids, but I'm going to be traveling a lot. From here Mandalore then to who the shab knows where."

He shook his head and clipped his helmet on his hip.

"Here's the deal. I can buy you a ticket to anywhere you want to go and give you some cash credits to live for a while, or you can come with me and I can take care of you until you're tired of me. What do you want to do?"

He rubbed his head again and rested his elbow on his helmet.

'I can't believe I'm doin this.' He thought

She walked beside him in silence for several minutes until they reached his ship. It was.... impressive. To her anyway. She'd seen ships before, but never up close like this.

When he stopped and pulled off his helmet again, her breath caught in her throat. Her thoughts went into overdrive for a few seconds. 'A ticket to wherever she wanted to go. .. But she had nowhere to go. Or....' Her thoughts slammed to a halt as he mentioned the other option.

"You.., would do that for me? But you don't even know me..." She flushed, realizing it sounded ungrateful; which is not how she intended. "I don't have anywhere else to go, Jasper...." she whispered.

"Even if I took the first option, I don't know the first thing about how to manage money...." There was a long silence between them as she thought it over. "If I were to go with you... What's the catch..? It seems too simple." She didn't mean it to be rude, but she has to know. Too many times people had offered similar things but had wanted something in return.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Ordo shook his head. Corellians, always looking for the catch. Ordo settled his eyes on the kid and sighed.

"Look I don't know what kind of catch you mean." He started, "but here are the terms. One: what I say goes. Two: you earn your keep I'm not picking up after you and I'm not running a party boat do your own chores. Three: when I teach you something you better learn it well. Four: I am going into some rough places and I don't want a dead kid on my hands. So you better learn ro be tough quick. You come with me learn from me and learn to be a good mando girl and you can stay aas long as you want. Thats the catch."

Ordo stood looking at the girl for another minute and started up the boarding ramp and stopped at the top to set down his fragstorm.

"Well?" He said waiting to close the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom