Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Armour-Ani, Armor Weave Outfitters Line of Clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Intent: To provide an assortment of light, concealable armor, to use by operatives and civilians alike
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Omega Tech
Model: Armor Mesh Suit
Affiliation: Omega Protectorate
Modularity: Comes in wide assortment of styles and degrees of armor quality
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Armor mesh
Description: Mesh is a common technology among the stars, often used in conjunction with much heavier armor types. This line of concealable armor used the advantages of armor mesh in order to provide protection to operatives and civilians who can not always afford professional armor, or who can not reveal that they are wearing armor.

As such, Armour-Ani, comes in wide array of stylistic models and customizations, from simple shirts and outfits, to overcoats and long jackets. Armour-Ani also provides an assortment of robes, including those in styles of Jedi Knights, desert robes, as well as classier more elegant robe styles. For military only, there is also a wide assortment of armor mesh uniforms, for those paranoid enough to expect to be shot during a parade.

Even the lighter Armour-Ani models are able to take in couple of slugs or blaster shots from simple handguns, and protect the wearer from being shot, before beginning to break through, but they are not able to withstand larger power output weaponry such as higher caliber weapons or lightsabers. Of course, simple handguns and blasters are not often the most powerful weapons, although, if one expects to be in a scenario where bigger calibers are used, they would most likely have access to stronger armor.
Still, Armour-Ani is perfect armor choice for civilians and operatives who often stay out of battlefields and avoid heavier weaponry.

Most Armour-Ani is light as clothing, or slightly heavier, it comes in much heavier styles, up to 3.5 kg in weight, which offer more protection as offset to additional weight.
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: Up to 3.5 kg
Quality: Ranging from between 1 to 4, most commonly Class 1 and 2 are sold to citizens
Other Feature(s): In appearance it seems to be just simple clothing

I do not like that you didn't just make it blaster-resistant mesh rather than sticking with armorweave. As a rule, I don't allow armorweave EVER on mass-produced tech, and I am quite leery of allowing it here, even with the description that it's too weak to block lightsabers. Is there any way at all I can convince you to change the material or production?
@[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Fabula Cavataio"]
Sure, I personally did not see difference between mesh or armorweave, to me they are both a step above cloth but below normal armor

I changed it from armorweave to armor mesh, as with that it would keep some protection against blasters and low-caliber slugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom