Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armor Up! [DEV THREAD]

It had been some time since Circe had shown her 'daughter' the Advanced Power Armor being worked on for the Fringe. Now, she and Kara were on their way to do some more work on the armor before the first batch was officially to be released to the Fringe.

"Well, Kara... How has it been since we last saw one another?"

@Kara Vi'dreya

Walking beside Circe towards the engineering chamber Kara was ever-thoughtful. It had been quite a while since they first landed upon this planet, and apparently it was now time for the pair to resume the discussion they'd had around the various engineers and scientists with regards to the power armour Circe was manufacturing. Down the turbolift they once again ventured, until the vault-like room was opened up before them. Along the way she had been very quiet, typical of the small Umbaran, but as they neared the chambers where the power armour had been stored her companion struck up conversation.

"I'm enjoying the planet, Circe" she remarked, her eyes darting across everything in the room, a small smile upon her lips - a rare sight, even during these peace-filled days. "How are plans for the Power Armour?"

@[member='Pandeima']

"They're doing good since the last time we came down here, but I do have some work to do with you. Mainly to get this particular armor suit prepped for you."

Circe smiled, motioning towards a partially disassembled suit sitting on a table. "This one's yours, once we personally finish refitting it. Want to give me a hand?"

@[member="Saeldar"]

Mainly to get this particular armour suit prepped for you ... Kara wasn't quite following, until Circe smiled and added a further mention of the Power Armour. Somewhat confused, but willing to learn, she began to nod her head, biting her little lip.

"Okay... But I don't know what to do" she admitted. The tiny child stepped over to the table, glancing it over. Would she really need some sort of armour? Wasn't she free from the battles of the Galaxy now? Hadn't that been the point in coming out here in the first place? Kara had faced enough hardship already, but was there more to come anyway?

@[member="Pandeima"]

"Just do exactly what I say." Circe bent over the armor's chestpiece, getting to work on removing the particle shield generator.

"Alright... You see that module over there? Hand it to me, okay?"

She was referencing a ray shield generator, one she was wanting her daughter to hand to her.

@[member="Saeldar"]

The young girl glanced across to where Circe was pointing, and wandered across to bring it into her hands. There was no mistaking it for what was wanted.

"Here.." softly she handed it over to the woman, with a tender frown in the direction of the armour itself.

"What does it do?" For all her life experiences, she was still a very naive little girl... And besides, she never used technology beyond her lightsaber and the ships she'd been taught to pilot.

@[member="Pandeima"]

"That's a shield generator module, Kara. Specifically a ray shield generator. When active, it'll protect the wearer from energy-based weapons until it runs out of power or is broken by a substantial amount of energy."

She smiled, taking the module and placing it where the particle shield generator had been located. "This theoretically can resist lightsabers for several seconds of constant contact, but a real sword will go right through it."

She motioned to the flexible abdominal portion of the armor. "We'll be fitting armorweave here to provide some degree of protection from melee weapons and slugthrowers."

@[member="Saeldar"]

Listening to what Circe had to say, the young girl watched the process by which the old generator was removed and the new one was replaced, while she spoke of the resistance it held.

"Surely there are more, erm... Real swords than lightsabers out there?" she murmured, after all most of the Galaxy were not Force sensitive. Yet all the same she shrugged, and heard about the armourweave. Yes, that would definitely help the process.

Glancing around the little girl looked at the various busy engineers who were working on other various projects around the lab. Part of her wanted to know what but she wasn't rude enough to ask.

@[member="Pandeima"]

"Swords are a particularly dead weapon, intriguingly enough. The plating can protect from vibrodaggers, sure, but not a two-handed vibrosword, which is rather rare in this day and age." She finished putting the connections together, and with that, the new energy shield generator is in place. Handing the chest plate to @Kära Vi'dreya, the plant woman smiled at her, grinning happily.

"Alright, let's see if this thing works. You should see a somewhat reddish colored fibre optic wire... place your index finger on that. If this works, you should be covered in a blue glow."

She frowned, before mumbling; "I meant vibroswords...." Her cheeks flushed ever so slightly, a hand raising to rub at the back of her neck. But the moment was gone before she could really dwell on it, Circe's attention drawn to the generator. When it was offered her way the young girl outstretched her hands and brought the heavy chest piece across to her body, blinking somewhat in curiosity.

"I'll, try" she murmured, as she glanced over the chest piece and found the fibre-optic wire that was mentioned to her. With a small nod she reached out with her index and settled it against it, waiting to see what would happen, her body tense... What if this was some sort of trap?

@[member="Pandeima"]

As she pushed it, a coat of blue energy surrounded the young woman, protecting her from any energy plats that occurred. Circe gave a smile and happy nod before motioning for her daughter to deactivate the energy shield.

"It works! Perfect!" She smiled, eager to continue work on the mechanical device.

When the coating covered her the little girl's eyes widened. Curiosity took over and she wanted to test it out for herself. "C-Can we test it..?" she asked, biting her lip, instead of deactivating the shield itself. Her hand lifted and turned left and right as she inspected it on a visual level, before a tiny smile appeared on her lips. Waiting for the response she stepped back towards the workdesk.

@[member="Pandeima"]

Circe nodded, reaching over for a tool sitting on the table.

"This is an energy discharger. You should feel a distinct burning sensation if the shield doesn't block it."

And with that, she initialized the device, placing it against the shield that protected her daughter from the painful burning sensation of the energy discharge.

The young girl watched Circe as she took up the energy discharger, and nodded her head to show she was ready. When the device was activated she immediately flinched, a natural response. She had been in too many situations before now where pain was involved to not flinch. But a moment later she smiled, showing that she was fine. When Circe stopped the current Kara allowed the shield to power down, and settled it down onto the side once again so Circe could resume her work.

@[member="Pandeima"]

"It works... This will be so useful. If it can block the energy from the discharger, it can block the energy of a blaster rifle too. Maybe even a lightsaber, if we're lucky... but I'm not willing to risk your life by attacking you with such a weapon." Placing the chestpiece back on the table, she put it aside for the moment and put the helmet on in a comical fashion. "How do I look?"

With a chuckle, she took it off and began to adjust it. "We're going to need to fit a hefty amount of technology in this helmet."

Nodding her head when she realised that it would be a useful piece of equipment to have to hand she turned to face Circe and her eyes widened when she placed the helmet over her head. She had never expected Circe to act in such a manner, but then again the pair hardly knew one another as it stood. "Odd... Not like you" she said, biting her lip as per usual.

When she mentioned teching up the helmet she stepped closer still and stared down at it in confusion. "But... It's just a helmet" she stated, with all the ignorance of a little girl.

@[member="Pandeima"]

Taking the helmet off, she gave a careful nod. "There are some technologies we need to fit into this helmet. Most of them are already in, but I need a voice modulator chip to finish it off." She motioned to a small microchip located on the table.

"Take this and put it in the helmet. I want to see if we can make you sound more intimidating."

@Kara Vi'dreya

"What does it do?" she inquired as she stepped to the side and picked up the small microchip that Circe was asking her to collect. "And what else is already in the helmet?" Kara knew next to nothing about technology, but with that said she was willing to learn.

"Intimidating?" she asked, as she moved it to the correct place within the helmet, as per Circe's instructions, slotting it carefully into place, before staring up at the woman for some indication as to what she should do.

@[member="Pandeima"]

Smiling, Circe took the completed helmet and put it on, her voice being altered by the chip [member='Kära Vi'dreya'] had put into it.

"Exactly, sweetheart. Intimidating. Which is just what people in power armor need to be like. This suit was one I made specially for you - I wouldn't want you to end up without sufficient armor, would I?"

Taking the helmet off, she gave her daughter a soft smile. "This will be very useful to you."

Her eyes widened somewhat when the voice was changed, made to sound somewhat more menacing. Finally she broke into a grin and giggled, more like a child than Circe had seen before. With the grin still in place she stepped towards the woman and took it from her with a small nod.

"I can see how!" she exclaimed, still laughing ever so slightly to herself. For the first time in a long while she was finally learning to relax, and was enjoying herself. "What next?!" she eagerly inquired.

@[member="Pandeima"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom