Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armor creation

Easy-G97

OOC Writer account
Does an armor have to be validated by someone? Or can you just put the Armor of an oc in the Character Thread itself or a separate thread?

Hey! Probably someone who's been here longer, can provide you with a more accurate answer.

But keep in mind that this is more of a creative writing experience, rather than minmax powerplay RP. Still, rules exist for a reason.

Having said that, you can add whatever you want to your character (items or lore), provided it's reasonable and either a) canon, or b) open-market on the Factory or Codex sub-forums. If it's closed-market, you have to get permission from the author. Regardless, seeing as either way it's their OC, I'm of the opinion that it's common courtesy to let the author know that you plan to use a submission of theirs - e.g. some special armor - even if it's open-market.

The alternative, is to make a submission yourself. Though both the Factory and Codex are down for the holidays, at the moment.

One final word of advice, seeing as I don't know how strictly that is enforced in here. You're supposed to make characters as sub-accounts to your main writer account (the one you're using now), and name them accordingly to their profiles - in your case, that would be Jason Farkas, I presume.

Does an armor have to be validated by someone? Or can you just put the Armor of an oc in the Character Thread itself or a separate thread?

We have The Factory which is where people create armor, weapons, ships and other technologies for their characters and for the site as a whole, sadly, the month of December is where the J Factory and Codex sections of the forums are closed down to allow for our volunteers to enjoy time with their families and have some time off. Saying this, it is a completely optional part of the forum but I would encourage anyone to give either of these sub-forums a try.

Easy-G97

OOC Writer account
Ok, so if I get this right, if I am making a Mandalorian, I don't have to make a submission for a Beskar'gam, right? Given that all the equipment of that Armor is Canon/Legends content, for example in the case of a Beskar'gam, Vambraces, flamethrower on the wrist etc?

Ok, so if I get this right, if I am making a Mandalorian, I don't have to make a submission for a Beskar'gam, right? Given that all the equipment of that Armor is Canon/Legends content, for example in the case of a Beskar'gam, Vambraces, flamethrower on the wrist etc?

Yes, anything Canon is considered Mass-Produced for simplicity so if you wish to use canon Beskar, and etc. you wouldn't need to submit these items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom