Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arkam Knights | CIS Dominion of Arkam 13

Tag: [member="Kaden Farr"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Voph"]
Darkness3.png

Oh, he was fun. Like a wild horse that had yet to be broken. Elyria enjoyed the way the Sith struggled within her grasp. She enjoyed it even more, when the dust-bound whelp [[member="Voph"]] surrendered, when adequately rebuffed. He fought her with that which strengthened her, moreover, he tried once. Just once. What sort of being gave up so easily? She was curious, but, her new toy was distracting. He was so easy to mold. Not like clay, never, like clay.

Elyria worked with marble. She made it smooth, perfect, and let it shine from every angle.

‘I do what I will. Not what children wish.’

Metaphysical whispers turned the mind of the Vicelord with guilty little murmurs and the sweetest of promises. Oh, the hell she could bring. ‘Let me end your suffering. Let me take it all away…’

He wanted to. She could feel it, moreover, she wasn’t the only one who knew it. She watched from her place of bleak despair in the glom of the dark and waited for the sable-skinned man to break. She could feel the fear inducing device he utilized shudder. Feel that his distraction, with his invisible mistress, would cost him. Black eyes lit up with the light of stars when the challenge spilled from his lips.

‘Find me? Beloved, I will find you.’

Bold words from a Sith that had been cast out of her world in the first place. So much pride, so much need, resolve, to breath free. Elyria liked his spirit. But, she would enjoy breaking it, fair more. For a moment it seemed that [member="Darth Metus"] managed to break free. At first, his actions were befuddling, but eventually his words brought clarity. Starve? He meant to starve her by denying her entry to one establishment? ‘Mind your tongue lest you lose it, little Isley. We don’t talk back in my house without adequate punishment following...’

‘Oh…And this is—MY house. You cannot escape. I am not near you, nor am I around you. I am within you, thief.’

Still, the woman let her psyche linger. The bratty Sith had his temporary revenge but he was a warmonger to a fault. Elyria had seen his mind, his heart, and knew what little dark secrets lay beneath the surface. She would use them. Exploit them. Until in the end, all he was, all he had ever been, and all he ever would be was devoted to her eternal worship. Until then…It was only a matter of time.

Briefly, he would feel a ghostly kiss upon his brow, before her presence would disappear entirely. The chill, the darkness, the angst. It faded in an instant, as if, it had never been.

Instead her target changed. Her son. Her beautiful, perfect boy. [member="Kaden Farr"] was calling to her. His voice had been small once, lost, amongst the formless ether that made up her resting place. She had found him when time left him young, soft, and virtually alone. He hadn’t quite been ready to hear her then. Instead, she led him. She fed him. Kept the beasts of the Void from feasting, moreover, kept him safe and protected in the dark.

Now, he was across the divide. Elyria could feel him as clearly as one might reach out and touch someone, however, her form had no solidity. Not here. Not yet. She would sleep until strength returned to her, fully, so that she could tend to her youngling. ‘Child, mine. My brave warrior…’

‘Our new friend does not wish to play. Bring me blood, bring me fear, and I will rise.’

Her mind would settle against his like a soft cloud. He would smell jasmine and sweet vanilla, cloying, while it passed through a fresh rainfall. It was endless.

She was endless.

'Tell me...What name will I have? What will your world call me?'

Tag: [member="Alkor Centaris"]​
FZEDA8W.gif
"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on."

Chestnuts orbs watched the flame rise from behind the mask of a Knight Obsidian. The little bit of fury, the little bit of vengeance that ran through her, made itself known while she thoroughly enjoyed watching the Impy little beasts burn. It was a questionable call. Potential collateral, if, there had been anyone left alive at all. She didn’t feel anyone in the buildings adjacent to the wall of heat that was only blazing higher. It was one, big, spot of empty.

Maybe…They’d been evacuated. Or, the roasters had already done their jobs.

“We’re cut off temporarily, Centaris. I don’t make messes I don’t intend to clean up... This is a classic case of fire bad, tree pretty.”, she called over the comm, before holstering her weapon, so she could use both hands. Fire, or rather, any element seemed to call to her. Especially when it burned like this. Wild, out of control, and most definitely breathtaking. “…We go forward. First, we take what the fire needs to survive.”

Oxygen. Fire needed Oxygen. She pulled on the Force in a way that initially caused her teeth to grind together. “Fire is almost alive, minus a few, critical differences. It inhales oxygen, exhales carbon-dioxide, eats fuel, and excretes ash… It moves. From fuel source to fuel source and dies out when it can’t find what it needs.”, Naedira muttered, though concentrating, so that she could pull this off without creating a bigger problem. It was a tactic she had picked up from some Confederate soldiers on some back-water planet she couldn’t even remember the name of.

She began to channel air currents, both utilizing telekinesis, and allowing her senses to flow like metaphysical fingers through the affected area. It made it easier to contain when she knew exactly where it started and stopped. From there, she began to condense it, snuffing it out—while forcing the flames to rise higher in what was starting to look like a makeshift funnel. A home brew tornado that seemed to be guided the flame upward where the air was thinner.

Eventually, it would go out, when it had nothing left to burn.

The Force was tool. Combined with general knowledge, basic science, and a little ingenuity—this would work just fine. Thankfully, Centaris was playing overwatch, and took out one of the stragglers from what equated to almost a wall of fire. Naedira was honestly a little disappointed. How had the Imp survived that?

When the flames surrendered, leaving ash in their wake, the Knight Obsidian rest her hand on her thighs for a moment while she tried to relearn to breathe. It wasn’t as if her rebreather had stopped working, she’d simply exerted a lot of effort, in a short period of time. While these buildings were mostly empty of civilians that didn’t mean that nearby structures would be. If they went around the fire, or left the fire, even more would die. “J-Just one second….”

She breathed. Calming her heart. Controlling her pulse.

“Then we push on. We always go forward. Never back. With the roasters gone we should be able to reach our destination.”

Tactical withdrawals were for sissies, unless, there was no other choice. Here? They had a choice. Onward.

Arkam2.png
Equipment: Sk-UL Mk3 Armor | KC-77N Hybrid Pistol | KC-249 General Purpose Repeating Blaster​
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"]​
Thedra didn't understand droids.

That wasn't to say she misunderstood how they worked, she at least had a rudimentary understanding of their workings. What she didn't understand was the droids themselves. She was almost uncomfortable, offended even by their presence in battle. They held no passion, won no glory in combat. Their movements were precise, mechanical, calculated. No wasted movement, no needless action. They'd reduced battle from an art, to a science, and a rather dispassionate science at that. It was bordering on blasphemy, even to the rather cynical Thedra.

Thedra came from a culture that glorified battle as the highest form of art, where most children continued to be raised primarily as warriors. This was no battle, there was no glory to be won here. This was slaughter, first of the civilians at the hands of Imperials putting the city to the torch. Then, a slaughter of the Imperials at the hands of a vengeful Confederacy.

With bright, glowing orange optics on her armor, and her hulking, inhuman form Thedra looked more the part of Demon than Savior. Her mandibles chittered in a sign of frustration and annoyance, as the droids swept down street by street ahead of her. There was no glory to be won here. Then, a call came across an open Confederacy Frequency. The leaders of these pillagers had been found, some of them at least. She paused, looking toward the droids moving ahead in front of her.

They would be fine without her.

She turned toward the center of the city, now a bright and roaring inferno. Casting not another glance back, she began heading toward it. She was some distance away, but would be able to cover ground faster. With her size, it would take her a bit of time to build up momentum, but once she hit her stride those long legs of hers would carry her swiftly toward the thick of battle, repeating blaster clutched tightly to her chest. Her eyes narrowed, nostrils flared as heat of battle warmed her cold blood. Perhaps there was some worth to be found here after all.

Within just a few minutes, she'd covered the ground toward the new objective, a large warehouse looming in the distance. The Hulking Xanti advanced toward it, spotting others nearby with similar intentions.

Let them go.

She would find her purpose here yet.

Arkam3.png
Objective: Recover the Holorepositorys at any cost
Tags: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] @Damsy Callat

The Ren were certainly getting more creative as she again silence another saber jockey once more, their body falling to the floor next to the others, this time with a broken neck, their silly helmets were just so easy to grasp and twist. Sure her attacks were not as grand as [member="Daxton Bane"], his other wordily powers but with this small fry such powerful displays of power would be a waste, besides, most of them would probably run away at the sight of the two force users going all out. For now she was just toying with them, though with the change in tactics her fighting style was becoming more fluid, her body moving through the group of Ren like water, their attacks just seeming to glide around, Kurenai knowing almost every single counter to their close combat attacks.

The recent attack being a kick to her side, her hand coming up, to block it, quickly wrapping around the limb, her own leg slipping under the Rens balancing one, making them fall over, but not before Kurenai put force into the fall, slamming them into the ground with an almost back breaking power. All fun and games, but perhaps they should clean up this mess and get the place secure, though Metu's child was quite the fighter she had to worry a little, most masters of Ren were quite formidable, she doubted the little Sith could take them out as easily as her and Daxton were at taking on the little army out front. "It was fun boy, but this party is getting a little boring, may as well follow my comrades example".

With a wide sweep she pushed herself back with a powerful force attack, rolling away from the group of Ren, hands flat against the steel floor, "look out below". Channeling the dark side her favorite force power, dark shear was put to use, several deadly ethereal spear suddenly spiking up from the floor, skewering a good remainder of the Ren she was facing. Some died, others were put out of the fight for good, others managed to doge or use their own force powers to block the attacks, seemed a few of the Ren knew the move. Not that is mattered with the faltering lines the other OKs and dauntless started to get an upper hand, Kurenai slowly walking back behind the defensive lines. "I suspect we have this section in the bag, if not Daxton will be able to take care of things, I will be heading back into the library and see what the situation is".

Arkam2.png

Wearing: Armor| Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Tarix Talso"] |[member="Zorok Rane"] | [member="Keva"] | [member="UBD-028"] | [member="Thedra'Vazuum"] | +Feel free to join!

It seemed like quite a few people had gathered closely to the warehouse. Scherzade and her kitten apprentice had arrived there as quickly as they could, leaving trails of blood and gore along their path. Scherzade's green armor was entirely blood drained by now, its vibrant green having turned into a brownish red as the blood met the dank air of this place of massacre. But there was not a hint of worry upon her face. In fact, if any of those who knew her would glance at her at that moment, it would almost seem as though she were smiling.

Coming to a stop next to a gargantuan creature whose species' scent she could not identify [[member="Thedra'Vazuum"]], Scherezade narrowed her eyes. It was a female, or so she assumed, and she didn't seem overly impish. But that didn't mean it was safe. Quickly, she ran her scanner from the maximum distance it would work at, and sighed in relief as she received a name and information about belonging to the Dauntless.

So, unless Thedra would have objections, that meant Scherezade would be working with her kitten and the… She glanced at the file again. Xanti.

"You, with us," she said with an ear to ear grin.

Without waiting, Scherezade delivered a wonderful kick to the warehouse's backdoor, smacking it open into the darkness that loomed within.

"You guys ready?" she asked, "get your peww-peww's ready!"

Arkam2.png
Equipment: Sk-UL Mk3 Armor | KC-77N Hybrid Pistol | KC-249 General Purpose Repeating Blaster
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | Others in Area​
Someone was approaching her, the helmet's optics marking the individual's IFF as a friendly. Still, beneath the glowing optics of the helmet her eyes narrowed, studying the woman. Something about her was profoundly unnerving, though the Xanti couldn't quite place her finger on what brought about that feeling. It was much like the primal instinct one felt while viewing a carnivorous beast at a zoo. A slight pause, then her answer:
"Acknowledged. I'm with you, Pathfinder"

The Xanti certainly didn't seem to protest, her head bobbing in what appeared to be some sort of nod. Without a chin, the exact meaning had to be guessed at by those not familiar with the body language of this strange, sauroid species. Given the...unusual configuration of the Alien's hands, she wasn't carrying a standard blaster rifle. Instead, she was somewhat awkwardly holding on to a repeating blaster, the idea of volume of fire to compensate for her inability to properly wield the gun quite obvious. Her bottom thumb's claw kept scratching against the bottom of the weapon's grip.

Once in front of the Warehouse's door, she leveled the repeating blaster at it and waited for Scherezade to open it. Once the woman did so, with a powerful kick, Thedra stepped in beside her and and depressed the trigger, sending bolts of plasma arching into the interior in a wide sweep. Despite the weapon being primarily designed for point defense purposes, the Xanti's great size and strength allowed her to wield it in this much more aggressive manner.

Arkam2.png

Att: [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Thedra'Vazuum"]

Human thought was two-dimensional in a very literal sense. Often one of the most difficult lessons for new starfighter pilots was to think in three dimensions; the enemy didn't just come from in front or behind, but also from above, or below, or at any other conceivable spherical angle. Razelle Breuner was no combat pilot, but it was a useful mindset to have no matter what your vocation. "Second-story" work circumvented a lot of problems on smaller worlds, and was functionally mandatory on ecumenopoli like Coruscant. Here, now, it meant that a competent strike team shouldn't all barge in a single door when there were windows, rooftop access points, and all sorts of other options to pursue.

Razelle's Albatross had a whole mess of tools, from flamethrowers to databracers. It hadn't been much trouble to fit in an ascension cord. Her boots dug a decent foothold into one side of the building, one floor up, and she placed a low-grade sonic mine against one window. Be patient. Wait for the signal. She had no need to rush into anything, especially with Scherezade down there trying her best to be a blaster sponge.

The Albatross' camouflage field kept her practically invisible to the common visual spectrum as she waited for her moment. By monitoring Scherezade's position on her databracer and listening for the signal to move in, she'd be able to cover the sound of a sonic mine shattering military glass and get in without anyone being the wiser. All she had to do was be patient...which was a great deal easier before she'd met the kid. Now, she just wanted to be down there, protecting her, knocking her out of the way of stray fire, covering her from fragmentation...

Focus, Breuner.

Scherezade moved in, and there was a loud crack. The same second, Raz tapped the button on her sonic mine, and the window instantly fractured into a trillion cubic shards. In the same motion, she kicked back, swung inside, and detached her ascension cable. None of that action hero crap. No combat rolling to her feet. She took stock of both sides of her as she dropped to the second story landing. Below her was the full open warehouse, and around her a ring of duracrete and a single patrol. The first sound that greeted anyone entering the area was a suppressed blaster rifle bwap-ing red death into a squad of holdouts.

Her voice crackled over to Scherezade's commlink. <"You're pretty good at making noise, kiddo."> Grabbing a flash grenade, she tapped it twice for settings - three seconds - then hurled downstairs, near the Confederate presence but not directly into their ranks. <"Show me what you've got.">

UBD-028

"I PERFORMED VIOLENCE."
4uCsWJ9.png
[SIZE=11pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Obliteration [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Asulon City[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Tags: [/SIZE][member="Keva"]

The metal marching coming from the droids was music to Kaz's ears-..well if he had ears of course. His own green coating near his chest had once been a light green, now a simple scorch mark showing off the refined cortosis plating the droid had to offer. The scorch mark had done nothing but really wipe off the paint, it was a simple flex of how powerful the droid could be.

His hand curling around one of the fallen droids and picking him up, clearly valuing each droid that fell, slinging the droid on his shoulder as he walked even though he had been shot through the torso and most likely fried. The dead droid slumped up against his shoulder even though its battery pack had been destroyed.

As Marshal Keva called in the ships to artillery strike the buildings, Kaz continued to collect bodies along the way, a few droid bodies or such that Kaz held in his arms, even if Keva had told him to put them down, he probably wouldn't have, though after he had a few bodies in his hand, he waddled over to a lone hole that was caved in via the rubble and deposited them inside, letting the droids fall inside.

Turning on his heel, he looked to the platoon of advancing droids, hearing the message about the warehouse, he simply continued to advance while at Keva's side. Looking down at the blueberry of an officer, though the droid didn't understand her, he tactically understood the situation, bringing his wrist blasters up to meet a fleeing imperial, he nailed the trooper through his legs leaving the trooper screaming and grunting in pain.

To be honest the city streets were pretty clear-..well after of course the AAT's had decided to plow through them and rain literal hell on the streets and the unknowing troopers on the street, Kaz looking at a body that had practically been turned into swiss cheese due to the amount of blaster fire the trooper took.

Bringing his hand to brush away the chipping green paint on his torso as he walked, he bumped into Keva a few times, not even mumbling a excuse me or sorry, was he trying to get her attention? Or was he just doing that to upset her on purpose to enjoy it.

"There will be a siege on the warehouse?" the large hulk of a droid asked his escort, his wrist blasters receding back between the plating in his armor.

will you sink down to me?
teal1.png
Arkam3.png
Form: Humanoid Equipment: Armor / Trident \ Sidearm
Tags: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"], [member="Asphyxion Ren"]
teal1.png
The Kaminoan-risen sithspawn had not the slightest idea what had been said, but she understood perfectly what her sister did. Well, that was, she did from a purely linguistic perspective. She was lost on the logistics of how that wasn't [member="Darth Metus"], but she didn't dare work it out now.

Not that, even had she wanted to, could she have: just then, the flash bangs exploded, generating a good-sized shockwave that ocilated through the room with a flash of lingering bright light and a great cacophony. Damsy doubled over, managing to stay on her mechanically-supported feet and hold onto her trident, though momentarily only with one hand as the other rose to her left ear. It didn't do any good, however; the damage was already done, so, when she felt a bit of sticky liquid seeping out onto her skin, she withdrew her hand. She looked quickly at her fingertips to be sure. Her marine blue blood.

But she didn't dwell. Instead, she grasped her staff with both hands again. When the light fell, the sound dissipated, and the smoke clears, loud ringing in Damsy's ear replaced it. Yes, admittedly, she should have put on her helmet instead of using it as a projectile, but at least she could still see. The grenades' sensor interference could not alter her eyes.

As Asphyxion descended upon Allya, Damsy took the opportunity to duck out of the way. She backed up towards the door, twirling her trident in another menacing, hissing arc. She'd stay here until either attacked or called into the fray by Allya. In the law of normal odds, two against one hardly seemed fair, but if those two were a Sith and a non Force-user against a Master Ren? Even for the depth of sisterly bond that Allya and Damsy had, she didn't trust in their ability to successfully coordinate a melee attack when they had never done so before.

She was on the air, and in his mind, [member="Darth Elyria"], the woman who had called to him in the darkness and shielded him when death returned him to the place he had lived as a child. Kaden had not known it then, but her hand had always protected him, even when he had followed Yasha into the Netherworld. She was his protector and guide. The warrior had made his way back to her only to find his freedom from hell once again. This time his role was clear. Kaden would prepare the galaxy for her arrival. It was time for her to ascend.

The smell of jasmine, vanilla, and rain assaulted his nose. A sweet aroma filled his senses as she pressed on his mind. Her voice danced about mind, lighting upon him gently as loving mother would cup the cheek of her child in her hand. Kaden felt her presence and smiled.

"Vi'dreya."

Kaden had an opinion about their new friend. He had once embraced Yasha only to see her spurn his genuine guidance. They should have taken his offer and remained his friend, but now it was too late. Eshan had been vengeance for Kaden, or could have been. Metus had given him the chance to exact his revenge.

"He will eventually come around. Until then, I will give you what you need."

She needed a name, and Kaden thought for a moment. His mind had never been good with names, but there was one that seemed to stand out to him.

"Selene..."

Kaden offered the name with caution, and yet to him it captured the mysterious beauty that she was. A deep breath was drawn in and let out in a sigh. She was his mother, but needed to be known as more. The world needed to fear hear and love her.

"Darth Elyria."

Blueberry flavored Sith
[SIZE=11pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Obliteration of the foe[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Asulon City[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Tags: [member="UBD-028"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Quick, bloody, and efficient. Just the way she liked it. The Imperials had shattered against the metal wall of Keva’s army, and their corpses laid thrown across the street: the long ranged support they had attempted now stood as mere paste in broken buildings. She was many things, unprepared was never one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]After the HMPs gave a grumbling confirmation of the all but assured destruction of the warehouse. Nodding her head in satisfaction, Keva went to watch her handiwork: hands clasped behind her back, though Kaz’s bizarreness was what interested her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“They are droids.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She needed to invest in a translator. Desperately. But the general aura around the words was the same, they were droids, simple models that could be easily replaced: their personality merely a ruse to give them some semblance of being sentient. Expendable, replaceable, not worth the sorrow. If they had been a higher ranking model? She would’ve understood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She was amused at it, and let it continue. Her bodyguard was a fascinating machine, blurring the lines between organic and droid: something she would enjoy to see used more often. Maybe if he were to ever die in battle she could have his scrap analyzed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Though she distracted herself from his bizarreness for a brief moment, sending a return message on comms. Make sure Command was aware about the Warehouse.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“30 second until Imperial stronghold is destroyed.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Outside of the somewhat broken speech of Keva, it meant T-Minus 30 seconds until her HMPs would demolish the place. After removing herself from comms, she gave Kaz a look of confusion more than distaste. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“You can speak, no? -no siege. HMPs ready to destroy it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She had a handful of words she knew by heart now, almost all of them related to the CDF.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And 30 seconds it was, the HMPs zoomed overhead, their engines roaring with racks of missiles ready to be unleashed and droids ready to be deployed for the annihilation of whatever Imperials survived the initial assault: the presence of the Confederates inside was merely an unfortunate timing, hopefully they had received Keva’s message and departed before the thunder began.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And thunder it was.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Once it range, every single torpedo mounted on the five craft were unleashed. Seventy torpedoes in total were let loose at the warehouse, each one leaving a trail of blue streaking behind them before they crashed into the structure itself, the ground, vehicles, sending thunderous booms and exploding fire throughout the Imperial “stronghold”, almost immediately following anti-infantry cannons spread throughout the droid gunships unleashed torrents of red bolts, slashing across the ground and any who survived the initial assault.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Needless to say, the rubble was impressive. Now following the stomp of metal feet as B2s were deployed and marching forward to completely, and utterly [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]annihilate [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]the surviving Imperials.[/SIZE]

UBD-028

"I PERFORMED VIOLENCE."
Objective: Obliteration of the foe
Tags: [member="Keva"]

The broken buildings and the corpses aligning the streets didn't really have a effect on Kaz-..well because he was a droid of course. His optic lens scanned amongst the streets for any remaining life, the guns at his feet were kicked aside by his large feet as he moved through the crowd keeping close watch in the distance for any snipers, he didn't want a replay of what happened before. Clearly haven't taken in the comment about them just being droids.

However that sole comment did-..irritate the droid somehow. Leaning down to look at the officer he lowered his tone, his voice modulator glitching for a few moments. "You are a chiss." The ultra battle droid said, his icy tone only being heard by her, "You pack so much tone for something so weak, especially acting such a way to a simple droid that just saved you." Kaz said his optic lens dimming as he leaned back now.

He looked forward as the five crafts clamored around the warehouse, the hulk of the droid watching as the few seconds before destruction ticked down, before the torpedoes fired, the whistling from the missiles as they drifted in the air and soon impacted the warehouse and turning the warehouse into a cavern of fire and rubble, the droid marching forward with his fellow platoon and officer to eliminate any other imperial forces.

As they neared his optic lens focused on the wreckage scanning for the life forces, marching through some of the rubble that had been blocking there path, scooping under it with his arms and throwing it to the side so the droids could walk amongst it, fishing out a body through the wreckage only to throw it to the side.

Arkam2.png

Wearing: Armor| Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Tarix Talso"] |[member="Zorok Rane"] | [member="Keva"] | [member="UBD-028"] | [member="Thedra'Vazuum"] | [member="Razelle Breuner"] | +Feel free to join!

The Xanti was with them. Grinning, Scherezade stepped inside. The darkness was pitch black, and no human eyes could see in it without equipment. Thankfully, she didn't need equipment, as the very first Witch spell she had ever written was constructed specifically to deal with these sort of situations. "Give me a sound and give me the night, let me see it all tonight," she whispered, the tiny ding that only she could hear sounding in her head. And in came the view of the warehouse, all decked in shades of purple and pink. Scherezade could now see.

[member="Razelle Breuner"] dropped her flash grenades, and the mess began to erupt. She wanted to see what she could do? Scherezade smiled, moving forward, twelve of her blades rising into the air and spreading around her like a fan as the two lightsabers she owned were in her hands, the green beam of their blades ignited.

But there would be no fight. The message from [member="Keva"] came in loud and clear.

They had 30 seconds.

30 seconds was more than enough to completely obliterate a single patrol. But it was not enough to do and make it out while putting enough distance between them and the warehouse. The "imperial stronghold" would be destroyed and every single sense that Scherezade had told her it was going to be big, it was going to be violent, and that none of them wanted to be there when it happened.

"EVERYONE OUT," Scherezade screamed at the top of her lungs. Everyone. That included Razelle, that included the Xanti, that included whoever was with her. They were not going to be slaughtering tonight. They were going to run for their lives. And she was going to positively murder whoever it was that decided to- No, not now. Escape first, murder second.

Turning around, Scherezade began to usher those within her group to get the krak out of there, her eyes scanning the area at which she could sense Raz. There was no way she was going to leave her godmother behind in all this mess. They would all come out of there alive.

Daxton chucked as [member="Kurenai Yumi"] launched her attack, he did not need to use the Force to sense her general feelings toward him. He was quite aware that non quite a few Dark Siders objected to what they viewed was overpowering force on a hapless foe. It amused him to no end that there were people who still clung to misguided concepts of fairness in combat.

To his mind, battles ended much faster if one did not toy with ones prey. Blast the opponent with so much power, the survivors would lose hope and retreat rather than face him in open combat. They will be scarred by the memory for the remainder of their living days and if ever they faced Daxton again, they would think twice before standing their ground.

Still a discussion on tactics could be held at another time as Daxton said over the comm link. “I will hold the door. Reinforcements are already in the way.” Then he pulled up the ferrocrete floor in front of the main entrance using the brute power of rhe Force and used the rubble to barricade the door against the attackers return fire.

Arkam2.png
Equipment: Sk-UL Mk3 Armor | KC-77N Hybrid Pistol | KC-249 General Purpose Repeating Blaster
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Razelle Breuner"] | Others in Area​
She first had to react to a flash grenade going off right by them, sweeping her gun toward the seeming origin of the grenade, even if she hadn't seen whomever had thrown it. Even through the helmet's optics, her eyes stung from the bright flash. Whoever it was, it hopefully hadn't been an unannounced friendly. Thought paying the slightest attention to where her gun was swinging would easily allow it to be avoided. Before any kind of mix ups could be dealt with, Scherezade shouted to run.

That, was not a good sign. When bloodthirsty killers start screaming to run, something very bad was on the way. Thedra had enough of a sense of self preservation to follow her. Whatever glory there was to be found, it wasn't going to be found here. Turning around, she followed the Knife-wielding woman out of the building. Whatever was coming, it seemed it was way too close for comfort.

Normally, a retreat was a shameful action. Given that they weren't running from an enemy but what in her experience seemed to indicate was a bomb, she could satisfy herself by calling it a tactical advance in the opposite direction. She was the last one out of the building, though there was still a fair amount of time to start. She continued to keep a tight, yet awkward grip on her weapon, running alongside the Pathfinder, who seemed to have been blessed with way more information on what was going on than she was'.

Arkam2.png

Att: [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Thedra'Vazuum"], some idiot flyboy who apparently doesn't have an IFF on their stupid boat ( [member="Keva"] )

The Albatross provided her plenty of optical camouflage, and her position was defensible. If Scherezade's squad downstairs could make their way up here, the whole building would be cleared in a matter of minutes. Accumulating and disseminating information, though, might take weeks afterwards. Fortunately it wasn't Razelle's job this time (she had no "job," to be honest), but she could still set Scherezade up for some commendations, right? Everything was going well. Which meant-

Thirty seconds until their position was obliterated by an airstrike.

Come on, Breuner, you should know better than that. Rule 5: Close air support and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart. Without thought, Raz looked down towards the ground floor. They were already leaving. Chances were they'd survive. No further hesitation, then. She clicked her ascension gun, fired it to an adjacent building, and retracted. There was the quiet whizzing of a zipline practically catapulting her out the window. A lazy arc took her to the rooftop next door, whereupon she quickly hit the ground in a roll and flipped open her databracer. Scherezade's vitals were fine (she didn't have the rest of the squad's. They mattered exactly zero), so Raz fell back on her rear and looked up at the sky.

After a minute, she came back over Scherezade's squad comm channel. <"Any survivors?">

As she spoke, Razelle tapped her FOSB databracer a few times, patching into local Confederate comm frequencies. Their cybersecurity was pretty lax, honestly. It was as if no one had expected electronic warfare during a cleanup operation. Didn't hurt that she could piggyback off of Scherezade's clearance, either. Within seconds, she had a name. "Keva'sol'loro." Sounded Chiss...which meant her core name was, appropriately, "Asoll." Raz made a note to have words with her brand new special friend about firebombing an urban area with engaged allied infantry.

Arkam2.png

There didn't need to be fire for it to be hell.

The heat had come and gone, and they were left in a wasteland of dust and echoes. [member="Naedira Darcrath"] had cleared the worst of it, but Alkor could feel the damage had been done. Where her powers were able to influence the world around her, much of his own focused on perception. Understanding and connecting with the Force, stretching out and learning about the world around him. It took only seconds to recognize they were the only two things left alive in the area.

It would take him as long to convey that to her in words. He just had no desire to confirm it. The protocols left in place by Supreme Leader Graush of the First Order were to leave nothing of substance. Nothing for the enemy to turn into an asset. That included manpower. Alkor knew this from his time as a mercenary, attached to Stormtrooper cells and working in close proximity with various enigma who's identities were concealed behind black tape.

It was the work of a massive state in its death throes. It was... Alkor supposed that it was normal, for a given value of the word. He'd watched many Empires rise and fall, and even been involved several times. It was nice to be a nobody.

It was nice, for once, to watch from the outside.

Yet, he felt an emptiness in his gut, and his mouth was dry. "There's... no one left," he confirmed across the comms a moment later. "I'll call it in. Unless... you want to."

Arkam2.png

Tags: [member="Tarix Talso"] |[member="Zorok Rane"] | [member="Keva"] | [member="UBD-028"] | [member="Thedra'Vazuum"] | [member="Razelle Breuner"] | +Feel free to join!

They were all running Thedra was last out of the building, but Scherezade had paused by the door to usher everyone who was with them to keep running out, keep putting distance between them and the building. She kept her eyes up to the skies while doing so, following the dot of an image that was her godmother, ensuring she was making it away as well.

Twenty seconds. Ten seconds. No time.

Flinging herself forward and using the Force to aide her, Scherezade grabbed everyone she could, lurching some of them even further away with Force Pushes whereas those she had physical contact with she actually pushed. They were a blur of movements, all of them, and when the torpedoes and other explosives landed on the warehouse, they were still not far enough.

Those who would not find ways to attach themselves to the ground would find themselves flung forwards now. Not enough to cause permanent damage unless one was horribly unlucky, but more than enough for it to be an incredibly uncomfortable and unnecessary terrifying ordeal.

Was it a minute later, or an hour later, that the high pitched noises in her ears finally began to subside, that Scherezade realized Razelle had sent a message via the comlink. She turned to her teammates, glowing green eyes looking them over I clear worry. "Anyone hurt?" she asked. None of them were a corpse now. That was good.

"I think we're all alive," she growled a response back to [member="Razelle Breuner"], still looking over her teammates, "I'm going to KILL whoever is responsible for this!"

Ishmael Verd

I
Arkam3.png

Tag: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"], [member="Damsy Callat"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]​

The Light was damning.

And yet the Force sustained. When the eruption of blinding light surged into being, the Master of Ren felt every fiber of his being scream in protest. The realities of his blood - Vi'dreya blood - was such that sudden flashes of light were their downfall. [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] had the luxury of a helmet yet upon her visage, but her elder sibling did not. If he were a mere mortal, the flashbangs would have been more than enough to reduce him to a crumpled heap. Even now, he could feel his muscles spasming underneath his armor - but the only saving grace was the Dark Side. The bang forestalled the slash of his sword by a few moments, affording the Mandalorian the time to prepare her defense against him.

But by the sheer might of his rage, the Dark Side empowered him forward. He pushed through the frailty of his body and followed through with his swing. What the young woman would find is that Asphyxion was also his father's son. And like any progeny of the Sith, he constructed his lightsaber lacking non-demetris circuitry. Meaning his crimson blade collided with the blaster without shorting out in the slightest. This was enough that Asphyxion was able to follow through with his strike, not being subject to the electricity of her plan. And when the young warrior attempted to kiss her sibling with her buy'ce, she'd find only wrath in her path.

Crimson lightning exploded from the man's offhand, bearing with it kinetic force. Her momentum would carry her right into the blast's trajectory and hopefully see her sent careening back across the room. But, even should she managed to evade, Asphyxion's next motion would be the same. He'd shove himself backwards, just out of the range of her lightsaber, and dance back a few paces. He would find himself standing between Allya and [member="Damsy Callat"], counting the few precious milliseconds whilst his forces met their demise at the hands of [member="Kurenai Yumi"] and [member="Daxton Bane"]. A snap decision was made - one that caused a wrathful growl to escape the man's lips. Power rose within him as he raised his saber defensively. His offhand immediately tapped upon his wrist-guard - and a low rumble would faintly be felt underneath their feet.

Survival was his objective this day. And thus, his next assault came not towards his adversaries, but to the wheelworld itself. Destruction exploded backwards from the Master of Ren - tearing through the layers of durasteel and electronics behind him until only the void of space remained. Oxygen raced out of the vacuum, and as the closest being to the black, Asphyxion was sucked out into the black of space. For the moment, the Force would sustain him, long enough for the slave circuitry to do their work. By the time his adversaries had an opportunity to deal with their impending doom, his transport would swing by and secure the Master of Ren. Meanwhile, his order to retreat would ring out over his channel. Their objective had been lost this day - and any forces who yet survived would need to make their way out as best they could.

Asphyxion himself would regroup. There was time aplenty to fill the void left behind by the First Order. And he certainly intended to carve out his own dominion amongst the stars. After all, he certainly was his father's son.

Arkam1.png
Arkam2.png

Tag: @Deleterius, [member="Voph"], [member="Kiff Brayde"], [member="Tarix Talso"], [member="Zorok Rane"], [member="Keva"], UBD-028, [member=Thedra'Vazuum], [member="Razelle Breuner"], [member="Scherezade deWinter"]​

In the end, the order to retreat fell upon deaf ears.

By the time the Master of Ren made his own evasion from demise, his forces had already begun to bleed. The combined might of the Confederate forces saw his primary envoy of destruction - the FIV Obstruction - rendered completely inert. Concentrated fire upon the bridge and numerous vital zones saw command effectively reduced to zero. All weapons systems were powered down and auxilary personnel were forced to make the order their deceased bridge crew could not. Surrender.. To dive into escape pods now would only prolong the inevitable - for the Vanguard fighters were still in the field and could easily pick off any survivors.

Overall, the white flag had begun to wave in space. And therefore, the auxiliaries extended their orders to the forces on the ground. Though some stragglers might choose death before dishonor, those who yet survived the clash against the Confederates would see raised hands and lowered arms. Though the capital city yet burned, the enemy had been brought to heel. The battle had been won - but what of the war?

Her words were as honey blacked with aspic.

Her tone was as sweet as that of a doting mother. One could easily have mistaken her for a benevolent creature - for even the word beloved slithered forth from that forked tongue. She attempted to wrest control from the Sith Lord's hand. Attempted to convert all that he was into a means of sustaining her presence in this world. But for all her posturing, Darth Metus was left with the impression that his Gambit at least worked to some small extent. Why? Because a final wintery chill erupted into being upon his brow. A kiss. Yet in the moments following, the primordial creature departed from the Sith's mind and he felt the ability to breathe return. He was in control - but how much longer would that last.

Ragged breaths escaped him as he eased his head into his hands. His thoughts ran ten thousand miles a minute, and wrathful pangs yet erupted in the pit of his stomach. She claimed that he was the thief. And that, above all, she was within him in some aspect. Darth Metus did not notice feeling any primordial remnants upon his return from the Netherworld...but the events of the present had ran so quickly that the man did not have time to truly verify if he was the same man. He did not look inward to see if any part of him was left behind in that Vault of Glass...or if any shards had made their way back into the present with him. And, if what she said was true...

His dominant hand collided with the arm of his seat. He would not be the plaything of anything - especially not some creature from beyond. And if she was truly within him, then she would hear the wrath fall from his lips. A solemn vow to end this game that she so desperately wanted to play.

"If that is so, then I will cut you out."

[member="Darth Elyria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom