Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aren't We Acquainted?

@Ra'a'mah

Zhin started walking with his friend while they spoke. She answered his question which he was even more curious after. He noticed she was acting different than before they came outside. Must be something I said. he thought while taking each step. "It seems like to me that you're neutral." he said. Zhin glanced behind him to make sure no one shady was behind them. He did this quick so Ra hopefully wouldn't notice, the plan was to not make the situation worse. Though it wasn't like he had to really worry, his paranoia just got the best of himself.

The atmosphere around them wasn't too good. Zhin thought he was a little too harsh. The goal wasn't to scare her or anything, but he felt like that's exactly what he done. "Hey, I didn't mean any harm when saying what I said. I've tried to avoid fighting for a few years so I always stay out of talk about the Jedi." he said looking over and smiling. "..and I didn't want anyone hurting you." Zhin looked ahead now with a joke incoming. "Jedi or not, I'll help a pretty woman in distress."

Zhin listened as she answered and offered up that she may be neutral rather than either a Jedi or Sith. Did that make any difference to him since he held something against the Jedi? She noticed he glanced behind them, but as she looked around had already been doing the same thing.

"Is that better or worse than being one or the other?"

She had meant keep the thought to herself, but it had come out anyway. For some reason, Zhin just relaxed her. Like she could be herself and not have to worry. Another thought came to her mind and looked up before speaking it.

"What happened to make you dislike the Jedi?"

He then said he hadn't meant any harm in his words, but they had been true and she needed to watch where she said what from now on.

"Well, if I'm in distress, then I guess I to be rescued. Oh help me, you're my only hope."

With the mood getting a little lighter, Ra felt a touch more secure in their friendship.

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah

That question. He knew exactly the answer but he doubted it at the same time. "I'm not sure if it's wrong to be one or the other but every single person is wrong in their own way. Not so much the teachings you are taught." he said while thinking about it some more in his head. Zhin despised sith and didn't like Jedi, however he knew that wasn't enough to say it's wrong to follow one path or another. The dark side was displayed as evil and destruction by Jedi, he thought maybe that was wrong.

Then, another question came. This time it was about his disliking of Jedi. He grinned. "You really want to know? It's a pretty stupid story." Zhin lost the grin and started to tell it after teasing Ra. "I'll give the short version. I used to be a Jedi but something horrible happened. That's when I realized the Jedi order was a loss cause. So I left, plain and simple." he said this with a smile. Remembering the good time when he was a Jedi. Those times changed to the horrible ones, he stopped remembering. Zhin kept smiling to look normal.

Zhin laughed at her response to his joke. "Zhin to the rescue!"

"So there's no right in either path?"

There were valid points in each path, but Ra felt no real desire to follow the Sith. To be free to do what one wanted without control, that was not her.

He answered her second question and it almost stopped her in her tracks. Instead of stopping her entirely, she tripped slightly as she looked at him.

"What? How can you just leave? How are they a lost cause?"

Getting her questions under control, Ra stopped asking them and waited as patiently as she could for him answer. She looked up at him and lightly elbowed him in the ribs.

"You don't need to hold that fake smile. I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night and you're faking that."

Though she spoke with a light voice, it was in all seriousness. ​

"Are you going to steal me away now that you've rescued me? Maybe to a castle in the clouds or someplace just as dreamy?"

Maintaining her hand on his arm, she enjoyed his company. She really could be herself with him, a freedom she doesn't have with many.

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah

"I guess you can see it that way. It's just like school, if you're taught to write with your right hand you will write with your right. If you are taught that the Jedi are evil and threaten your friends, you will naturally make them your enemy and fight." he said telling his thinking. Zhin never really talked about this stuff, especially in public. However he thought it was nice to be able to tell someone his thoughts.

Zhin had plenty to say about the Jedi but he decided to not make it a debate. "Well as I woke up one morning the temple was attacked, my fiance died. It may seem like that's why I hold a grudge against the Jedi but it's quite false. I don't blame my former master, my Jedi friends, or the order for it. The thing that made me leave was my will to keep going as a Jedi. I was afraid my anger was turning me slowly into a dark sider. Even now... the dark runs through my veins. That's ultimately why a Jedi's presence hurts me, I'm afraid I'll snap." what he said was entirely true. Zhin didn't feel aggressive or anything. It was only fear that made him think these things. When Ra touched his ribs he looked down and smiled still. "Even if it is a fake smile it's okay. I enjoy smiling."

He smirked when she mentioned a castle. "A castle? I can't afford a castle!" he jested.

"I guess I got lucky in school and we could write with either hand. Who would teach the Jedi were evil? I mean I guess some people might consider them that. They certainly were in the distant past."

While with Dune or others, Ra had never really spoken about this. To have somebody to talk through her own thoughts and have a meaningful, not polluted conversation was nice.

Zhin continued on and answered some of her other rambling questions. He had lost his fiancée and to her it sounded like he wanted revenge on the people that had done the attacking. His own anger at it all would have slowly driven him into darkness. She could understand that and look at him again. With a touch of sympathy in her eyes.

"Darkness runs within us all, Zhin. I didn't grow up a Jedi and when we met I didn't even know I could use the Force. Growing up with all my emotions, however I learned when I was little that nobody actually gave a damn about me and how I felt. So I kept them buried and still do.
We all snap, sometimes at the worst times."

She shrugged slightly and just kept walking with her arm looped through his.

"Ok a cardboard box next to the castle in the clouds."

Giggling a little at the prospect of that and just how out of place it would be if it could be a reality.

"Oh...never mind."

She was going to ask if he wanted to speak someplace away from all ears, but figured it might sound improper and changed her mind.

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah

Zhin listened to her telling of tales, her past. A subject wouldn't usually come up where he'd mention something about his Jedi life. However he decided being honest with his friend would be best. She seemed to be honest to him so it was only fair. When Ra talked about her life growing up he noticed her eyes appear different. He looked ahead again to try and focus on the conversation rather than staring her eyes down.

Even after thinking so much about what they talked about, Zhin didn't give a reply. To him none of it really mattered. That was simply because he was retired, in a way. The war between the two forces bad and good was now none of his business. After the serious stuff was over Ra continued the joke. "Yes exactly!" he said laughing along with her. Zhin enjoyed the joke while it lasted. Not many people he knew, which was few to begin with, seemed so serious and tense all the time. His new friend was humorous however. Ra said something that sparked Zhin's curiosity. "Were you gonna ask something?" he asked.

Zhin remained quiet as Ra spoke and even when she finished. However, her little joke seemed to lighten the mood and they laughed together a little. Then he asked what she was going to say and had changed her mind on.

Letting out a sigh and thinking about how to phrase her words before speaking she took a minute or two.

"Well, in my mind it sounds a little improper, but instead of chatting out in the open where any ears can hear us, would you like to find someplace private. And before you get any naughty thoughts, I'm not asking you to sleep with me."

At least not yet, but she didn't give that voice. Their friendship only just having been reestablished, that was meant for the future.

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah (has it already been a week :p *goes outside and yells as his neighbors contact the police*)

Zhin smirked because of his new thoughts floating around in his head. These were of course not ones he'd mention out loud since it showed immaturity, or at least he looked at it that way. "Miss Ra. That sounds like a plan, and it wouldn't be the first time I've shared a bed so don't worry... but if you really wan-" he said stopping his teasing.

Zhin had a smirk on his face after Ra spoke her mind. His reply made her blush slightly and though he may have been teasing, she wasn't entirely sure.

"My ship is docked at the spaceport. Only place I know of here that's entirely private."

That was of course the opposite direction that they were walking, but she would adjust course and lead that way if that's where he wanted to go.

"Unless you have any place else in mind."

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

(I was on vacation myself so no worries)

@Ra'a'mah

A ship? He forgot about her occupation, that of a transporter or at least it was a broad term one could use for such a job. The whole transportation of illegal goods or people didn't really matter to Zhin, he just didn't know if his trust was all there. Zhin didn't think his friend would do anything to hurt him, but he knew to be careful due to that.

"That'll be fine." he said smiling with his reply.

For once, there was very little joking or humor in his reply, just a simple answer with a smile.

Pointing with her free thumb in the other direction and stopping, "the spaceport is that way."

With a slight chuckle, she turned in the proper direction and lead Zhin to her ship. Along the way, they made small talk, nothing big or of any real importance. Lowering the ramp, she climbed aboard and waited on him to join her.

(If you want me to edit the post, I will as I did make the trip back rather fast. Up to you. Welcome back after yet again another week. lol)

@Ra'a'mah

Zhin stopped his feet and turned toward the way she directed him to. "Right." he said remembering. He followed Ra to her ship.

Now that he had time to think about it, this would be his first time in awhile since entering a ship. Of course he used city transport at times but that was different. It wasn't like he would expect much from the situation though. Unlike most pilots, he didn't care much for ships.

He walked of the ramp following Ra.

Her ship was an old YT-1300, but she kept it in working condition and even sometimes took on those side jobs she mentioned. Her ship was clean inside, but lived in. There wasn't much junk or clutter, but it wasn't spotless.

"It's not much, but easier to chat in here."

Taking her cloak off when she reached the top of the ramp, once Zhin was in, she closed the ship and looked at him. Her golden eyes meeting his.

"Here we may speak freely about anything. Come on, you want something to drink?"

Leading the way inside her ship, she would head to the galley which was her favorite part of the ship.

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah

Ra's ship felt like a home. He had an apartment in the city but it was different then this. Zhin stopped and looked around. The inside was rather clean with a few things here and there. For a ship it surprised him, especially with her occupation. "It's okay Miss Ra. I'm thankful you allowed me in." Ra continued walking inside the ship towards what looked to be a kitchen. He followed.

"Yes, a water would be great." he said while making their way there. When they would reach the destination, Zhin would make a joke. "I can only imagine how much pain I would have to endure if your boyfriend seen me in here." he said smirking.

Ra liked Zhin and trusted him, so felt able to freely show to him the thoughts and emotions she kept buried so often. Her body language relaxed and she gave him a smile that lit up her eyes even.

Getting the water for him, she handed him the glass before saying anything.

"Who says I have a boy friend? I mean there's a cat wondering around here somewhere, but he doesn't like strangers much and hides when somebody else is aboard."

If he looked around there was no bowl for food and would hopefully tell she was joking about the cat.

"If you could have a pet, what would it be?"

Something light to talk about before they returned to the previous conversation that led them to her ship. Grabbing some water for herself, she took a seat at the galley's table and invited him to join her.

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah

Zhin liked Ra too but he never fully trusted anyone. This didn't stop him from relaxing himself however. There was a bit of trust there so he didn't feel like he'd be harmed by her or anything. Hell, if Ra wanted to do so she could simply lace his drink with something. He drank the water anyways proving that.

He didn't notice it was a joke until he remembered there was no sign of an animal living in the ship. A smile followed when he thought about having a companion. It had been quite a while since he spent day after day with someone or something. An animal would be a good addition to his life.

The smile remained as he answered her question. He would sit down across from her accepting the invite. "Well, Miss Ra. I believe I would choose you." he waited a moment to see Ra's reaction, then he laughed. "Of course I'm just kidding and didn't mean it to sound like I was calling you an animal." he gave a serious answer next. "I would pick a dog most likely. Though I'm sure the old me would pick a dragon. Something deadly. Not anymore though, a dog would be plenty for me."

Zhin joined Ra and she could tell he relaxed at least a little after the ramp closed on her ship. Accepting the water she offered, they sat down at the table together. He gave a quiet smile at her joke and as he answered her.

There were times when she wasn't sure if he was serious or not and this was one of them. Her uncertainty was answered rather quickly when Zhin said he was joking and that he wasn't calling her an animal. The part though gave her something to think about. She'd been alone since her captain died, maybe a companion or co-pilot would be something for her to look into. A thought for another day.

Going along with his joke, she would give him a small wink, humor lighting her eyes. "Who says I can't be an animal?"

He went back into though and he would rather have a dog of some kind.

"I actually have a nexu, but I don't often bring her along when I travel. Taking on cargo, passengers...whatever and keeping an eye on what most consider a wildcat proved to be difficult at times."

Taking a sip and looking at him again, she considered how to get back on the sore subject from before.

"What was the old you like?"

[member="Zhin Zondaar"]

@Ra'a'mah

Zhin sipped on his water before almost spitting it out. Ra had continued his joke and he thought it was brilliant. He couldn't help but go on with it as well. "Careful or I'll be forced to take you." he grinned and then returned back to a smile.

The mentioning of a nexu as a pet name Zhin feel a little uneasy. "You have a nexu?" his voice sounding surprised. "You're braver than me having one as a pet." he finished his water moments after.

Ra asked him a question, this one made him smile like the last. "The old me, man. You know I really had everything I needed and wanted at the time. A family, a wise teacher, a home, and my fiance." he said pasuing. "In the past I was a care free boy with potential. I was friends with everyone and I was skilled for my age. I never expected for me to be so weak." he sounded a little depressed but he got himself together. He cleared his throat and spoke again. "Enough of my boring life. What about yours? I'm sure your mother is beautiful and your dad has nice eyes." Probably didn't need to say that last part.. he said to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom