Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are We There Yet? : Belkadan [OPEN]

[OOC: Whoops! I didn't realize CIS was a non-permitted faction, and I had recently joined up with a sub faction of their's. Luckily Qae caught that before I got to deep into this thread. Sorry for the inconveniance guys. Have a good one!]

"Belkadan"

Delila said to the newcomer, turning her attention back to Thessa since man she greeted was interested in getting food and drink. Apparently Jorus liked ribenes so much there was a years supply on board. Seemed a bit like overkill to herself, yet it did not seemed as if the Vagrant Fleet pulled into the local grocery often.

"Jorus is right. We should take his ship and track this guy down. If you go alone Thessa you're just going to end up even more battle scarred. I have to get a few supplies out of the Hydra but I'm more than ready for this"

The idea of going on a Sith-hunting 'excursion' wasn't exactly high on any of his priority lists. Most of the time he avoided Sith space like a plague, even promised Thessa never to do business with anyone remotely aligned with the Sith or Imperials. They were all going in for the purpose of hunting the low-life who tortured the Kai family but to Judah it seemed they were giving the sicko what he wanted. Running after him and heading back on unequal footing because it wasn't their turf.

Although without any knowledge of this man it was impossible to lure him to a better location. Rock and a hard place.

"Leaving our vessels here sounds fine. Sparky, how about you stay with the Siren ?"

With a disgusted electronic snort, Sparky moved closer to Thessa's leg, which seemed impossible given how close the droid was to her to begin with. It was clear their child disguised as an R2 was not staying behind. Giving tight squeeze to the half-Galan's hand, Judah left her side and disappeared into the Siren's Song to finish locking down the ship.

Seeming as her writer desperately wanted her to get involved in something social for once, Iron Giant le wildly appears... with great lack luster.... as much lack luster as 440 kilogram mechanical monstrosity could be anyway. She wasn't late to the gathering as so many later comers to threads such as these often make an excuse of in character, but rather, she was simply silent... again, as silent as 440 kilogram mechanical... you get the idea.

At any rate she was simply about, bored half to death, not having seen any action in literal months. That was a lot for a Resu to handle. It drove her stir crazy with the lack of action. She was very low ranked in Omega Pyre, and couldn't fit very well in the command structure. Thus she spent most of her time flying around with the cooky band of exiles, batting her small mechanical companion like crazy through the water in her ship. COMO had a few new dents that would need to be polished out later, but that would be expected out of a thing used to entertain a blood-lusty giant silicon space fish. It rested on her mechanical shoulder while mechanisms gave her a HUD of the situation... which wasn't much. She wasn't even sure what it would do if danger showed up it's been so long.

As usual, the alien didn't understand much about the conversation they were having but it seemed to imply either finding something, or leaving something behind. It was a possibility it could be a combination of both, but honestly he writer mostly skimmed the thread for the basic details and through her in there to be confused in filled in later. She decided perhaps she'd speak up to let them know she didn't go brain dead in the last few days of no action.

"Iron Giant present. Orders?" Her ironically small electronic voice piped up innocently, ushering a response from her orange spherical companion.

"She's bored to death, and probably glazed over your conversation. She's been itching for battle for weeks, using me as a comfort toy. She isn't a soft hitter. Anyway, she's asking you what to do." The little thing sat back down on her shoulder.

Jorus tossed a nod to @[member="Iron Giant"], the weaponsmith who had helped him make the riot gun on his hip. "Thessa here has been hurt, Giant," he said. "We're going to find the one who did it..." A bitter smile crossed his face. "...and then we're going to have you sit on him.

"Alright, folks. All aboard the Gypsymoth. Someone get on the holocomm and start sending Thessa's description to the number that's in the system as 'Rave.' I've got preflight and ribenes to handle."

He vanished into the YV-929.

"Thessa injury. Locate predator.... rest above prey." Made enough sense to her. "Follow [Ship Designation 'Gypsmoth']. Message description [Rave]. Preflight meat responsibility." Well the first part was easy enough.

"Confirmed." She replied as she lumbered her way in. She wasn't even fully armed either, nor her heaviest. Ironic that her current layer was labeled as 'Speed' when she could only match an average human run. Better than the Firepower layer she supposed, but still ridiculous. Did she really need all this weight to lug around? She also wished that the suit required more muscle to operate. Perhaps if she worked more Omega Pyre they'd go through time of giving her an upgrade to improve her health and style of living. Only time would tell.

[SIZE=10pt]Sparing a smile, she tapped the top of Sparky’s dome-head gently. “Missed you too, buddy.” Sighing, eyes trailed after Judah before turning in wonder to @[member="Iron Giant"]. She only knew of that by reputation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Glad to have you,” voice carried-up to her formidable height.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Walking past Dells, she grasped her friend’s arm gently. The gesture said it all. Thank you. Again. Heading into the Gypsymoth, thin-fingers slipped her blaster from its holster. Even though battered and beaten, the Galan could still quick-draw and shoot that would rival any force master.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Chef Jorus…once you’re done with meal preparation, got anything that’ll do better against a sith than this?” Hand held-up the worn blaster.[/SIZE]

While Iron Giant lumbered aboard, having her computers inspect her blaster rifle since it would seem that combat was soon to be at hand, as her trusty companion upon her shoulder explained to her. She heard a voice that the computer recognized as a fellow Vagrant, designated as Thessa, the one Jorus spoke of when he suggest she pursue some enemy of the Vagrants... which seemed unusual, seeming as this group ran into trouble, rather than caused it. But she enjoyed the idea that her martial prowess (if telling a machine what to do could be called as such) had use here. She turned to face her, and paused her rifle checkup pointing it down so as to not accidentally put something in potential danger if the weapon was faulty... but under mechanical hands it was most likely unnecessary. She observed that many of the aliens when working with weapons such as these practiced this, and decided for the comfort of her family and friends to practice it to, no matter how un-dangerous the proposition was under hands that could have no fault.

She bowed a bit as a sign of acknowledgement, and reciprocated her gratitude. "Reciprocal gratitude." She hoped it was understood, but she learned quickly that Vagrants like Jorus are fairly aware and intelligent, having little difficulty understanding her... even if in the opposite direction they continually puzzled her. That's when COMO piped up to interpret her translated words. She didn't understand the sense behind how a machine could translate her words, have them translated in the way they are, and then a second Machine interpret those words to form what these aliens considered a coherent thought. It seemed to work though, and besides, she enjoyed the small machines company.

"She thanks you, and is glad to have you." It said. Again, the sensibility behind the system seemed vastly more complicated than it should be. Maybe she just needs a mechanical interpreter of the basic translation of her speech. How did advanced Resu Translators work? She didn't know, but that was a thought for another time.

At the mention of a term she (her computers) recognized, "Sith", she was all business. Since the attack on the Fleet, she didn't care about her peoples previous trade deals with the Empire, she hated them, and everything they stood for. She wanted them dead. Every last one down to their offspring. It was an unbreakable grudge she held that she would pass on to her children should she ever bare any... the likelihood being slim with her status as an exile.

"Sith?" The beast inside the metal prison she subjected herself to writhed with animal anger. Stowing away her rifle on her thigh, she pressed a button upon her forearm. From outside a Hoversled appeared carrying her Firepower layer, just as her Flight Layer came down from the sky to wrap itself around it. All about the sled were various modules and weapons that she fancied.

"Sufficient?" She asked to answer her fellow Vagrant. She looked for Jorus, "Storage Capacity?" She asked.

"I'm not so sure that really needs translation..." C.O.M.O. said.

Iron Giant's three-layered suit was a marvel. And it would fit. Barely. "Yeah, we've got enough space in the hold for your suit," he said. "Glad to have it aboard, too.

"Now Thess...let's see what we can find you." He already had something in mind, and when he cracked open the gun safe, it took him about five seconds to procure.

"Here we go," he said, passing her his own modified Czerka riot gun. "Iron here spent a few days on this with me. We cut down a Czerka HeadBanger to pistol size, and I been carrying it ever since. It'll drop four lateral metres of charging Wookiees at ten metres' range, put down a crowd of humans at twenty - for days. It'll knock out a Sith Master. I've held off armies with this gun, twice."

If there was weapon talk to be had, Delila wanted to be a part of it. There was a part of her that wanted to try out every single weapon currently in production. Just to test it out. There was always something out there with a bigger bang, made more damage, or just looked like a extreme death dealer.

So when she had excused herself back to the Hydra before coming aboard the Gypsymoth, Dells had grabbed a bag of weapons. So naturally, while Jorus was showing off his personal weapon stash, she had to chime in.

"What about the bolter?"

Holding up two versions, one gun extremely worn -- nicks and dents littered the surface -- the other newer and still shiny.

"The first bolter and the second bolter.....Granted they have many,many weaknesses. If we run into a crowd or a bunch of Forcies though... Delila clicked her tongue and pretended to fire at the wall with the original beat-down bolter. "Levels the playing field. I've got extremely limited ammo for both."

Finding himself following after the lumbering large mechanical creature-beast, Judah was the last aboard and slapped the button to close the ramp. The Gypsymoth was one impressive vessel, no doubt. Talk was drifting from one of the open spaces about weapons and the best one to have. He was neither knowledgeable or had a passion for such things.

Wandering through the corridors he came across the one thing he had been hoping to see. A 'Burble' unit, one KRDS had a hand in producing. Always nice to see a finished project on the job. Kneeling down, the salvager looked the small droid over, wondering how it was performing and what improvements could be made.

"Better hope Sparky doesn't find out I'm looking at another droid"

Having completed the inspection and making a few mental notes, Judah found himself back into the weapons talk circle. Happening to step in when the redhead was 'shooting' at the wall,he couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow. Little too trigger-happy for his tastes.

[SIZE=10pt]“This…will do nicely,” slender fingers trembled for a moment. Curling her hand into a fist, she quickly shook her fingers out, taking the weapon from Jorus and carefully looking it over. “Not too heavy for its power,” inquisitive gaze panned from Jorus to Dells.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Of course you would have good options, too. I think I’ll stick with the Jorus-Iron special, for now. I just hope we find this bastard.” Nodding to Dells, Jorus, and Iron she walked over to Judah. “Could you guys give us a moment?”[/SIZE]

Looking at Judah, Dells was waiting for him to leave. It took her brain several moments to process she and the others were the ones that were leaving. Or supposed to be leaving. Shoving the bolters back into her bag of holding, she gave a friendly slap on the back to Thessa as she exited.

"Be easy on Junior, will ya Kid? I dont need my entire flight ruined by crying."

And with that, Dells wandered off to take a small tour of the Gypsymoth.

He was more than happy to leave Thess and Judah and the riot gun to share a necessary moment. While Dells and Iron Giant wandered Gypsymoth, Jorus got to calling up his friends on the other side. Velok, for example, a man who would happily manipulate, use, sell, or save Jorus as the mood struck him, but a man who had no compunctions about sharing such tales as might hurt the Empire.

And then, just to confirm things, he called his estranged sister, Rave, at her...home...on Endor. She'd served the Empire for a good while, if not as long as Velok.

After some considerations, he went up to the cockpit and slapped the intercom.

"Whenever you've got a minute, folks, I've got some information."

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Amusement crossed his features at the comment, clearly trying not to laugh. His attention turned back to the Galan however, holding a riot gun and looking like she could fall over and sleep for days at any moment. Judah hated that she ran off without him and got herself captured, tortured,starved and who knew what else.

With his expression quickly sobering at the thought of what happened to Thessa, Judah decided to break the silence.

"Nice to have you back"

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

[SIZE=10pt]Facing Judah, arms crossed over her chest, fingers gripping opposite arms, digging into the fabric of her flight jacket.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Do you hate me? I’m sorry about what I did. You can be honest, y’know. Even though I’m like…,” eyes glanced down at her changed demeanor, dark-circled face drifting slowly back-up to meet Judah’s gaze, but not quite looking at him in the eyes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“…this. You mean as much to me as them and after Roche…after the nanos, I couldn’t bear to-to, lose you, like that…again…”[/SIZE]

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

"I'm a little upset. First you leave when I fall asleep without even a goodbye. Then everything goes wrong and I get to assume you're dead. That...that was extremely hard. More than you'll ever know. I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

Reaching out, Judah tipped her head til Thessa was looking him in the eye. Instead of twin orbs of summer sky staring back at him, there was nothing but a dull and tired look. She needed a few weeks of rest and a couple of months worth of decent meals. A chance to recover. Flying around in the skies wasn't going to solve anything. Yet there was no stopping Thessa. She was on the warpath and there would be no true rest until the work was finished in her mind.

"I don't hate you. You're still absolutely beautiful darlin', mind and body."

Judah gracefully sidestepped the mention of nanos. His top fear was to go back to the darkness, the gripping paranoia, the lack of control. Thessa knew it too. It didn't mean she had to forge alone on the path to get her parents to safety. Judging by her use of words they were safe and alive.

"Lets go see what Merrill wants. The sooner we do whatever it is we're doing the sooner we can go back home."

Dropping his hand, Judah slipped it around Thessa's shoulders and slowly wandered out to the cockpit with her.

The YV-929's cabin had more than enough chairs for the lot of'em, though Iron Giant would have to stand in the hall and look in through the door. Jorus spun the pilot's chair to face the lot of them as they trickled in.

"Talked to some sources inside the Empire, sources that know people. There's not too many Zabraki that high up in the Dark Side, and the description and skillset rang a bell." A mug shot flared to life on a small holoprojector. He left it up for just long enough to know whether Thessa recognized it.

"This is Daxton Bane," he said, conscious that the face was getting a reaction from a few folks. "Helped conquer Gand and a few other places during the Desmius regime. Sith Master, left the Empire a while back, some say he's hanging out not too far from where I used to hang my hat, Void Station, maybe Confederate space."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom