Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we ready for a non-dominion dominion?

Alright, I recently made the planet Sucellus for the Sanctum. I'd really like to see it included in our little cloud of influence, as I think it fits us quite well. My main and primary goal was to give as a type of Alderaan planet, one that could quite possibly be our center for diplomacy and learning.

With that being said, any ideas on a plot? My brain is a bit fried at the moment. Also, any objections to this? I think its high time we had another faction thread :)

Of course we could Adventure Sucellus!

Though a plot is a little elusive. The majority of the citizenship, government, and general affairs seems pretty laid back, so I'm hesitant on suggesting some sort of 'in grown' trouble as it'd count 'out of character' for the planetary profile. ...Somehow. O,o

Ohhh, [member="Judah Dashiell"] is a hater~ :p

Well, let's also consider: Sucellus is an epicenter for regional culture and learning. We could maybe focus on something having to do with the student population?

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

It could work out as some sort of political science conflict? Maybe? Students stage a sort of cultural revolution, something misguided based on outmoded ideology? Possibly introduced from somewheres? The only thing I worry is that it would need to be sustainably fun.

The Hound

T
There are felucians there? Of the jungle variety?!
Could always go the Palpatine route, have some Force Using corrupt diplomat attempt to insight a coup using his sith-trained tribesman?

The Hound

T
[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]
Or building off him, maybe the poli sci studnets feel the Felucians are oppressed and one of them does something stupid to anger them?

The Felucians are the lizard like, non Force using ones. I can easily see why people would think the Felucians are oppressed, given many of them live in a traditional environment, farming and harvesting timber out in the forests. It could seem the corporations and government are taking advantage of their labor while gaining little.

[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] - I definitely see your concerns about sustaining something fun for 100 posts. There are other routes, didn't we need a group of slaves rehomed? Or they have homes now?

I was just thinking over lunch. It might stretch us a little, but could the story host maybe several plot-lines at once? Sub-plots, even? Just for instance:

[member="Turin Val Kur"] : The Felucian Issue
-Portions of the anochronistic Felucian tribes-people are facing losses of autonomy as local corporations buy out 'unclaimed' tracts of land for industrial development, such as lumber-stripping. The Felucians lack "proper" legal means to reclaim or defend their centuries old living grounds. Sparks of protest are beginning to issue from local University bodies as their plight is recognized.

[member="Judah Dashiell"] : Student Revolution
-Radical degrees of political and cultural thought are making waves in the planetary student body. Enough to upset the political scene, as a marked rise in civil disobedience, urban crime, and sabotage begin to flourish and destabalize Sucellus' long built peace. Passion is blinding most to the reality of what's ultimately outmoded and oppressive.

The Indigo Bridge
-Local healthcare officials and physicans are baffled. And panicking. While Sucellus isn't blind nor deaf to the issues of illegal narcotics, a new product hitting at certain circles in Secondary Schools and the Military Barracks is proving an addictive epidemic. They call it the Indigo Bridge, with effects ranging from mild highs to hallucinogenic episodes, from which it's name draws. Neural damage inculcates an early stage of dependency, leading to behavioral degredation, aggression, and ultimately death. Authorities are at a loss of how to stem its trade, or provide treatment.

Or something, I don't know.

I like the idea of having multiple goals, just like regular dominions except without all the killing and destruction. :p

I also forces us to split up into teams to pursue different objectives, and once one group has accomplished their goal, they could join up with the remainder. :)

Thurion Heavenshield said:
I like the idea of having multiple goals, just like regular dominions except without all the killing and destruction. :p

I also forces us to split up into teams to pursue different objectives, and once one group has accomplished their goal, they could join up with the remainder. :)
Well I just want to help give people some options, give them initiative to try and pursue stories to their liking. ...Of course, we may have to put in a small disclaimer: 'Please limit body counts, property destruction, and acts of casual violence.' XD Can't have someone coming in and trying to sink the city.

Note: None of this is set in stone, to be honest.

Kala'ndryl Ryj

K
I'm definitely in for this...also...if we're going with the multiple story ideas, put me on the Indigo Bridge team. 'Bout time I did some actually Jedi like things and Healing in a thread.

Soon is good!

*bounces*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom