Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Archer-class Gunship

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
FTFxThor.png

Image Credit: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/images/FTFxThor.png
Intent: To develop a prototypical platform for a composite-beam armed starship.
Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Subach-Innes | Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Model: Archer-class Gunship
Affiliation: New Order/Horde (List as New Order, please) - Open Market
Modularity: Minor(systems can be updated)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Adamithium(hull), Duranium(frame)
Description: A monstrous platform nearly as large as the Detritus-class bomber, the Archer is a gunship designed around an oversized composite beam laser. This heavy piece of machinery was designed to function as both an anti-fighter and anti-vehicle gunship, similar to the Lancet Aerial Artillery piece of Galactic Empire lore. Though not armed with a fighter-sized proton beam, the composite-beam laser is powerful enough to easily deal with any immediate hostile threats, assuming they get in the line of fire. Archers, being large and hard to maneuver, are not effective against most starfighters or light bombers. Deployment of Archers is traditionally used with regards to subsystem strikes on larger warships, assault against ground-based convoys, and long-range anti-starfighter activity. The Archer does suffer from very poor gun and missile placement - missiles and laser blasts will typically miss if the target is located directly in front of the craft.

Classification: Gunship
Role: Anti-transport, anti-turret
Height: 10m
Width: 28m
Length: 30m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Subach-Innes "Mir" Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Armaments:

• 1 heavy composite beam laser
  • 2 laser cannons
  • 2 ordnance bays(14 missiles, 7 proton torpedoes, or 3 proton bombs each)
Hangar: N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Sensors
  • Shields
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: 150kg
Consumables: 2 weeks
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability:
Class 4

Mod request 27.3.18
Original Section(s):
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Affiliation: New Order/Horde (List as New Order, please)
New Section(s):
Affiliation: New Order/Horde (List as New Order, please) - Open Market
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes | Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing

Okay, several things pop out, gunships generally have a speed of four and this isn't giving me any reason why it should be dropped down to a three. You also say that due to the forward facing weapons, this can't hit targets directly in front of itself? And even a heavy composite laser isn't as powerful as you're writing it to be, yes it's a beast but it'll have its own drawbacks (low firing rate springs to mind) and it certainty isn't suitable for attacking most capital ships.
[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Domino"]

The gun positioning is far off from center, or even remotely center. The laser cannons are located well over a meter to the left of the cockpit, meaning a target directly in front of the cockpit would be easily missed by the off-center lasers. This makes its dogfighting capabilities against anything short of a transport or heavy bomber utterly useless.

Speed being 3 instead of 4? That can be explained due to the fact that it carries no troops. Unlike the old Republic LAAT/i gunship(which carried between 4-8 passengers standard), or even the newer S90 MAAT gunship(which carried 30), the Archer carries none at all.

Well, I would've gone with a proton beam, like the Lancet Aerial Artillery was equipped with, but that's of dubious usage(read, it isn't banned by the rules, but from what a staff friend of mine has told me, other staff do not approve). Hence I went for a composite beam. Not expecting it to do anything to the ships themselves - only to turrets.

[member="Domino"]

Enigma said:
[member="Domino"]

The gun positioning is far off from center, or even remotely center. The laser cannons are located well over a meter to the left of the cockpit, meaning a target directly in front of the cockpit would be easily missed by the off-center lasers. This makes its dogfighting capabilities against anything short of a transport or heavy bomber utterly useless.
The x-wing, b-wing, Slave-I, and many other ships could fire accurately with guns far off the center line of the ship they're mounted on. But that's your choice. Add the bit about being poor against fighter/bomber sized craft to your description and clarify the roll some please.
[member="Enigma"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
With the X-Wing, the guns were boresighted to converge a certain distance away. The B-Wing and Slave I both had "swivels," for better lack of term, that allowed the guns limited traverse to stay on target. The Archer has neither of those. As well, edited.

[member="Domino"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom