Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech APRG-P900 "Field Day" Corellian Arms Repeating Blaster Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmKay

xRcSO6Z.jpg
IMAGE FROM QUAKE WIKI

INTENT: This submission is intended to expand the Corellian Arms heavy weapons line with a multi-role blaster cannon capable of filling various roles on a battlefield, particularly 'powerhouse'.
DEVELOPMENT THREAD: If Necessary
MANUFACTURER: Corellian Arms
MODEL: APRG-P900
AFFILIATION: Open Market
MODULARITY: No
PRODUCTION: Mass-Produced
MATERIALS: Standard Materials
CLASSIFICATION: Blaster Turret/Heavy Blaster Repeater
SIZE: Man Portable
LENGTH: 1.25 metres
WEIGHT: 40.8 kilograms
AMMUNITION TYPE: Blaster Gas; Energy Cell/Power Generator
AMMUNITION CAPACITY: 450 Rounds per clip, theoretically infinite if ship-mounted or permanently emplaced.
EFFECTIVE RANGE: 45.72 metres (68.58 maximum range)
RATE OF FIRE: 150 rounds per minute average, 800 maximum possible.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Particle Beam lasers grant this blaster more intense and volatile beams which splash on impact. While not special on principal, it is noteworthy.
  • This weapon may be mounted to a tripod, affixed to the hull or a compartment of a starship, used as an auto-turret connected to a power grid, or carried - though wielding this weapon is not recommended due to its weight.
DESCRIPTION
The APRG-P900 or "Anti-Personnel Repeating Gun - Particle #900" is another weapon in Corellian Arms' arsenal utilising the versatile particle beam laser technology. This weapon is designed to deal great amounts of damage over a short period of time; typically to a large group of targets. Its high power output and high rate of fire make it an excellent choice for an offensive emplacement on battlegrounds where a lethal sweep of an area is necessary. Unfortunately, its high rate of fire also causes it to drain power cells very quickly. Replacing these power cells is a time-costly activity. Because of this, long-term warfare using this weapon is considered ill-advised; however, attachment to power grids and starships is possible. These options significantly increase the endurance of this weapon through theoretically infinite ammunition. This obviously, however, limits portability by being mounted permanently to one location. A moderate balance to both worlds, however heavier and more resource-costly for soldiers, is to move the "Field Day" to a location, set it up with a tripod, then connect it to a power generator. This greatly increases this weapon's endurance on a field at the cost of being able to quickly change position. Overall the APRT-P900 is a very heavy, nearly-devastating repeating blaster cannon with a sensible handful of configurations that allow it to hold its presence up with the once-popular E-Web Blaster Cannons.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Well, there's nothing I love more than a good crew served weapon.

I have two requested edit and one recommendation.

Crux Denko said:
SIZE: Tripod-Mount/Ship Mount/Two-Handed for Extremely Strong Individuals
What you're technically looking for here is Man Portable. What that basically means is that it can be transported without the use of special equipment, though you'll probably need a couple of strong backs. Puts it in the same category as mortars and light cannon.

I'm gonna have to ask you to remove the bit about being a two handed weapon for extremely strong individuals. That's a bit like someone trying to hold and fire a Ma Deuce. It's technically possible, and I've seen it done, but it's wildly impractical and it's ripe for abuse. Someone is gonna get the idea that they can use it like a rifle just because they've got more bicep than brain, and like as not it's gonna get reported. So as much as it pains me to say it, probably not a good idea. This is a big, beautiful piece of kit, and I'd hate to see it nerfed because someone decided to be an idiot.

Crux Denko said:
AMMUNITION TYPE: Particle Beam
That should probably be something along the lines of blaster gas and power cell.

Also, while we're on that subject, my suggestion is to look into portable power generators like you'd see with an E-web. Doesn't have any bearing on the submission, but I'd see this thing being most useful as a fixed emplacement weapon along fortifications, especially given the limited range. Just a thought.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a chance to take a look at the brute. Hell of a piece you've got here.

[member="Crux Denko"]

EmKay

[member="Rusty"]

Adjusted size and ammunition type, and then amended the bottom of the description to include your suggestion to affixing a power generator to the gun (and pros and cons thereof). Also edited the intent, I wrote it oddly the first time.

Also also, I was seriously surprised when you scooped this sub up before it really had a chance to be out of the oven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom