Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Any Publicity is Good Publicity... (SEEKING REVIEWERS FOR KALIPHER'S RESTAURANT AND BAR)

Zelroga

Executive Chef at Kalipher's

ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY

iu

Zelroga mused to himself as he caramelised a batch of ojomian onions. Business for Kalipher's was faring well given it was such a new restaurant, but it needed to be electric! A review or two by the right sort of people would do nicely... someone in the news or entertainment business, perhaps. A reporter... a talkshow host...

That night during service he made sure the waiters all gossiped with their well-connected customers:

'Oh yes, yes,' the waiters all said, 'Someone in publishing? Media? Talkshows? Reporting? The meal will be free in exchange for a review on their platform. An honest one of course. Have anyone in mind?' Lots of murmuring and nodding. 'Oh you do? Wonderful! Here's Chef Zelroga's contact details if they wish to get in touch...just have them send a message to his datapad. Tell them to hurry!'

• I will select up to three reviewers who have a suitable platform for the review/ promotion (newspaper, radio, talkshow etc)
  • Reply IC to this post as a message to Zelroga who will get back to you
  • Preferably your character will have Coruscant, relevant media or executive connections to inform you
  • I will start a private rp to facilitate the restaurant visit sometime this week (feel free to bring a special plus one!)
  • I know y'all want a free dinner but keep it real. No low-sector bums allowed > : (

Thanks!

RPIIYQx.png

Corellia Digital Building | Mecha | Drall | Corellian System
To the esteemed Master Zelroga Zelroga

Corellia Digital would be interested in including a piece on your restaurant in a travel segment being developed for our Holoflix platform to encourage tourism to Coruscant. Our scouts were most impressed by the marketing materials that they've seen while scouting the upper areas. Our hope is that seeing and hearing a meal in your fine parlor might invite those from beyond the Core Worlds to see the capital of the Alliance for themselves, and to partake in the many flavors that it has to offer.

Should you accept, then I might also inquire as to whether you would permit me to have, as a guest, the Honorable Sankt Yora Sankt Yora , formerly a Senator of the New Republic, and currently the CEO of
Off World Exports.

I thank you for your kind consideration of this offer, whatever you may decide.

Sincerely yours,

S. J. XANTHA
President/CEO
The Corellia Digital Corporation

Last edited:

Zelroga

The next morning over a hot cup of caf Zelroga flicked through his business messages. A potential reviewer already...and what a plus one! Eyes fixed on the message, he downed the last of his caf and got to typing.

.......///// INCOMING MESSAGE

Bright Suns, Master S. J. Xantha,

It would be a delight both for Kalipher's and myself to host you. I have heard wonderful things about Corellia Digital and will gladly accept your proposal. I will reserve our best table for an evening next week that suits you. Of course we would be honoured to host your guest as well as yourself.

p.s If you have any dietary requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me. This will allow me to prepare the kitchen and ensure you have a most pleasant evening.

Yours~

Zelroga

KALIPHER'S
THE VEDA PEARL
CORUSCANT 101998 674

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher
Zelroga Zelroga
Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

The lithe Bothan, demure, reserved and meek compared to the few aliens that were with her awaiting seating at one of Coruscant's many, many restaurants, was relaxed and leaning against a corner by the door, unlike the remainder of the patrons who were crammed around the vicinity and otherwise rather busy in appearance and mannerism, each engaged in the ordeals that kept Coruscant functioning, or at the very least their own personal lives. A family of Devaronians took up the bench to the far side of the entrance, at least six children clamoring for their moustached, athletic father's attention (one couldn't tell how many there were, as most younglings could move rather quickly), while his furred, pale, pudgy middle-aged wife in business attire hissed angrily into a handheld comlink; a rare blue Gamorrean, tuxedo-clad and rotund, lacking the well-kept, toned muscles most males of his species were known for, kept his hand firmly wrapped around one buttock of a petite Vor female, clad in an expensive, gem-encrusted dress that hung perhaps a bit too loosely from her scrawny frame; cut at the hips (much to the hog's delight, surely), her reptilian tail dragging to and fro, and rather noisily at that, over the floor of the entrance - she probably would lose the dress if she were to so much as sneeze. An aged, cane-bearing Weequay rested his wrists and his weight on his gnarled, oiled wooden crutch, his dark, wrinkled and ashen skin trembling with decrepitude as the hunchbacked old man surveyed the restaurant with squinty ice-blue eyes, his bald head shifting to and fro with purposeful resolve.

In stark contrast to all of these finery-clad folks, the youthful Bothan teen was far less impressively dressed and appeared out of place, comically so. Her fiery red hair was cut short, adding to her petite, boyish appearance, and hidden beneath the fabric of a well-kept, unadorned blue bandana, while the rest of her clothing further fueled the illusion (from a distance, anyway): baggy, knee-less breeches hugged her bird-like, thin legs, the tan fur of her exposed knees visible, while a zipped, navy blue hoodie obscured her torso and whatever shirt she happened to wear beneath it - what little of that fabric that was visible below her neck was black. With her hood drawn up over her head and her tired eyes surveying the restaurant's occupants in a placid, bored manner, the teen stuck out like a sore thumb. It was with a wry, crooked, left-sided smile at the hostess (droid or organic?) that the Bothan spoke her first words since entering the restaurant, not even bothering to look directly at the host that approached her.

"You know, if that Gamorrean is head of one of the planet's many fire departments, that scrawny ptero-form is going to find out a new meaning for the phrase 'Getting hosed down' this evening..." The Chandrilan-accented Bothan snickered, then turned her hood-clad noggin towards the host, "Table for one, please..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom