Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Anubys

Status
Not open for further replies.
eso1134a.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Anubys
  • Demonym: Anu, The Anu.
  • Region: Wild Space
  • System Name: Osirys
  • System Features:
    • One Yellow Sun
    • One Moon, broken due to being the target of advanced weaponry.
    • Ship debris orbiting the planet, Anubys, as well as scattered ship graveyards throughout the system.
    • Anubys is the fourth planet in the solar system.
    • Anubys has a orbital rotational period of 357 standard galactic days.
  • Major Imports: Before the War-
    • Food
    • Energy
  • After the War-
    • Nothing
  • Major Exports: Before the War-
    • Military Equipment (i.e. weapons, uniforms, etc.)
  • After the War-
    • Nothing
  • Unexploited Resources: N/A (Note: Due to the war there no longer remains large pockets of untapped exotic or rare resources)
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Temperate/Barren in certain locations.
  • Primary Terrain: Forests and Artificial
  • Atmosphere: Type I
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: Duat
  • Planetary Features: Following a great war, the planet has been reduced to ruin. Mega-highways still connect the major cities, or what's left of them, in a web that spans the globe. Plant life has begun to make a comeback, turning the areas of the planet not reduced to glass into forests outside the major cities.
  • Major Locations:
    • Duat Library - The greatest library on the planet, now reduced to ruin.
    • The Anu Assembly - A great senatorial building that served as a meeting ground for representatives from across the globe. All issues were brought here to be decided upon as a collective. Now, it only serves as a grim monument to the ultimate failing of the Anu.
    • Duat Military Industries' Machine Factory - DMI provided the city with all the weapons of war it needed to continue the fight. Even still, the factory and it's automated workerdrones still produce weaponry and equipment, recycling what scrap they can. The War continues.
    • Duat's Underground Launch Facility - Just because the Anu were all dead did not mean the war ended. This facility is still online. Refitting and rearming, to the best of it's ability, the automated machines of war that continue bombing runs on an enemy long since destroyed.
  • Nexus Alignment: Dark
  • Size: Planetary
  • Strength: Weak
  • Accessibility: N/A
  • Effects: Force Sensitives in the area feel an aura of dread and unease upon this planet. A feeling as if they are never alone, and occasionally glimpses of apparitions.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: N/A
  • Immigrated Species: Human majority.
  • Population: Unknown
  • Demographics: Primarily Human, although all races are welcome.
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Basic with an Anu dialect.
  • Culture: The Anu did not have a single unified nation on the planet. Each city was it's own nation. Each with the hope of being self-sufficient of the other cities amidst bickering. Your race didn't matter as much as what city you called home did. Each city was ruled by the people and one member of the city was elected to serve on the Great Assembly, where representatives from each city talked together to solve whatever problem. Each city was different in what they specialized in, each looking for the 'answer' to being self sufficient. For the city of Duat, that was being a military powerhouse. The city itself runs a lot like a military base, with each and every citizen dedicated towards Victory. Even after death.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Directly Democratic City-States with a U.N of sorts before the war. Now? Nothing.
  • Affiliation: Unaffiliated
  • Wealth: Poor As every sentient being that lives on this planet is thought to be dead, there is no economy. However, before the war, the economy was on the lower end of prosperity.
  • Stability: Low Some wildlife remains on the planet, outside the major cities. Sometimes, they venture into the cities looking for food. Any visitors here would do well to remember that they aren't alone, and this planet is not yours anymore.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Before the war, the planet was governed fairly diversely depending on what city you were in. The city of Duat may be considered oppressive. All citizens worked towards the same goal, and all felt as if this path was right. The city was a direct democracy, but certain policies were 'expected' to be passed.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: The city of Duat was incredibly militaristic, more so then the norm but as the War broke out, all the cities became engrossed in the idea of 'Total Victory.' When the orders of command finally went silent, and the soldiers didn't rise from the trenches, nothing but the machines have kept the War going. From all sides. The High Command of Duat, wanting to ensure victory, had a military AI developed. This AI, named 'Aken', was created for the express purpose of winning the war, except Aken does not know how to determine what 'victory' is, and does not know that Aken is the last remaining member of Duat's military. Small military parades and rousing speeches are still held in the ruined square outside the Assembly. Victory, at any cost, is inevitable.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

When the expanse was first settled Anubys was, at first, ignored entirely for more favorable or resource rich worlds. However, in the year 700 ABY, Anubys was chosen as a free-haven for people who wanted to live by themselves, for themselves. Colonists flocked to Anubys in droves seeking their new paradise, and chose Anubys for it's natural beauty and unspoiled nature. When the planet was first settled, it was decided that no corporations would be allowed on the planet, nothing would be allowed to despoil the beauty that was Anubys. Any minerals that lay in the crust will remain undiscovered by mega corps, and any mining done was done by the cities themselves for the express purpose of building their new homes.

As time went on, the people of Anubys came to refer to themselves as the Anu and began to disassociate from the galaxy as a whole, chasing the idea of becoming self-sufficient they grew their own food, produced their own energy, and lived as independently as they could. But the idea of self-sufficiency began to permeate further. Any idea of unity between the major cities that had grown on the planet had dissolved as each city wanted to be independent of eachother. Yet, some cities produced one thing more than the others, and resources suddenly became scarce. This new, artificially created resource scarcity caused some cities of the Anu to begin reaching out to other systems and begin trade, sacrificing their once treasured self-sufficiency in an attempt to never seem 'weak' to their neighbors by caving in to whatever demands the other cities may impose.

While some cities embraced trade, the others became even more reclusive. The other cities were just that, the 'Others'. This led to a military build up in these isolationist cities which was, in turn, matched by the Free-trade cities. The isolationists believed that those cities that welcomed trade were going to ruin the freedom that Anubys always promised. So, suddenly the world was split into two very loose, very untrusting idealogies known, unofficially, as the Iso and Freetraders.

The City of Duat, the unofficial 'capital' of Anubys, sat apart from both camps in an effort to try to maintain peace among both sides. As the home of the Great Assembly, Duat was chosen as the neutral ground that both sides would come to meet and attempt, often in vain, to allow cooler heads to prevail. Sensing that War was inevitable amidst several small scale engagements fought by both sides in the streets of Duat, the city kicked out both sides delegates and shut it's doors. Duat declared its intentions to establish control, and it's own peace, over the other cities. Wanting to get a jump on hostilities, Duat built several military installations that could act autonomously, hoping to free up manpower to push wherever was needed. What Duat didn't know, was that other cities were doing the same, and in the year 800 ABY, the Great War began. Machine militaries began fighting alongside their organic compatriots in great pitched battles all across the world, and in space. Ships rained fire down upon cities and artillery strikes turned the ground to ash and glass in many areas.

Never smart enough to form their own opinions or act of their own accords, these machines were under control from a single military minded AI from each city, and the Duat High Command ensured that theirs, Aken, would be allowed to do what was necessary as the war got worse. Fighting on it's own, Duat knew that it couldn't hold out forever against both sides that, despite heavy losses, still had the manpower and resources to destroy the city of Duat, and after twelve years of fighting, in 812 ABY...

One final offensive was planned.

Operation: Meseket was drawn up to ensure victory by Duat High Command and the AI known as Aken. The plan dictated a full offensive on all fronts by the remainder of the organic military and their machine auxilieries. Any civilian ships have been taken over by the military and repurposed for war. Using their stronger military capabilities, Duat was able to target and destroy the high commands of every remaining combative city, and any field armies were routed or captured. However, the offensive was costly. Most of the military that remained was dead, most of the ships destroyed, but it was over. The war was over. Finally. Calling all military units back to Duat, victory was declared and a parade scheduled, with the fleet of Duat or what's left of it remaining in the skies above Duat as a show of victory.

But their victory came at a huge cost. The other cities and their AI did not surrender, and in their 'Deadman's Hand' protocol, machine led strikes, bombers, automated ships, and armored vehicles descended upon the heavily weakened Duat, targeting the parade. The following attack destroyed the remaining High Command, and triggered Aken to reinstate it's War protocols. Taking charge of the militaries machines and assuming automated control of the remaining ships, Aken continued to wage war against the other cities, which in turn continued their automated war against Duat.

Years and years of continued, fruitless attacks with no one around to tell Aken or the other AI the war was over, soon enough...it was...in a way. Any ships that tried to flee the planet were considered hostile and shot down, and any significant gathering of life was targeted in an attempt to destroy the 'enemy.' After a while, there was no one left.

Last edited:
The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Rann Thress Rann Thress

Hey, man. This has been a fun read and for the most part it's good, but I have a few comments we have to work through before I can give it a stamp.

• Major Imports:Before the War-
    • Food
    • Energy
  • Major Exports: Before the War-
    • Military Equipment (i.e. weapons, uniforms, etc.)
  • Unexploited Resources: Unknown

Does it have any import/exports after the war? If not, please make note of that here. For the unexploited resources, while it is OK that nobody is aware of them ICly, the submission is an OOC snapshot of the world. This means that even if IC it is unknown, you have to write them down for OOC posterity.

If there aren't any that's okay too and you can just put N/A there.

• Population: Uninhabited Population: Unknown

I believe you have a little typo here in the population field. If you mean to say that it is unknown right now, but it is uninhabited, you can just put that in a single line rather than having two Population: after another.

Let me know if you have any questions and tag me back once you are done with your edits.

Arage Bao Arage Bao

Okay! Imports and exports fixed, and population fixed. It wasn't a typo, I didn't know if I could take liberties and say it's 'unknown' so I figured I'd put both down, I've amended it so that it just says Unknown.

Thank you!

edit: Goofed and forgot to fix unexploited resource. Could I make amendments to this as I think of something? "Unknown" was just a fancy way of saying 'idk yet'. If I have to commit to an answer, saying nothing's there is easy enough.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Rann Thress Rann Thress

The edits look good!

As for the unexploited resources field. We look at it from an OOC perspective instead of an IC perspective, to avoid people suddenly magicking into existence a beskar core, stygium oceans and other stuff from nowhere.

I understand the desire to want to develop things more organically and not wanting to tie yourself to something you may have forced onto paper months in the past. If you add a note to the field that stipulates that because of the war and calamity there no longer remains large pockets of untapped exotic/rare resources, I will be more comfortable stamping it.

Then you can roleplay out stuff and add to the field later.

Does that sound fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom