Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antithesis Campaign - Homeworld (Domination of the Aing Tii Hex)

P I T A N N
~​
[member="Delilah Keyes"]
Well, crap.

He had known she was acting brave for the sake of him, so he wouldn't worry. But the fact Del didn't take the bite and banter with him for a little bit? Told him she was very worried, which made him worry in kind. How bad could it be? Bacta would stave off any infection long enough for them to get back to civilization... wouldn't it? Walker nodded and as he watched her retreating back, he twitched his arm as an experiment.

Pain, flaring pain, alarm noooooo don't do that again. Walk hissed, gritting his teeth before shaking his head. Definitely not a thing worth repeating.

Time faded for a moment.

"Ma never said anything about this." Walk mumbled to himself. Half grump and half petulant, but entirely furious with himself for letting it get this far. He should have been paying better attention to the firestorm, should have been better, but it seemed his ma had been right in the end.

Right now he was just a burden to Del.

"Tunnel splits off at some heavy machinery. Two tunnels run deep, clearly old mining shafts. Another runs off to the west. If we can get the machinery up and running, it'll start some automated carts on their trundle along, and if those goons end up making it in here, we may be able to make them think we headed down instead of west. It's a long shot, but probably our best bet." Walk blinked and looked up.

"Oh, Del, when did you get here?" His mind retraced what she had said, before nodding. "Been tinkering with machines since I was old enough to walk," (ha ha, do you get the name now?) "I can get the thing going."

Maybe not entirely useless burden.

"Might be able to re-divert one of the carts to the west, so we don't have to walk."

Took them some doing, before Del managed to hoist him back up on his feet and they were on their way. He did catch her looking at him sideways every once in a while during the walk. Couldn't fault her, probably looked like a mountain of dung and grime, but there wasn't much to do about it right now.

"I am fine, really." Sweat beads told a different story. As did the burns.

Pitann
Objective: Worry
[member="Walker Ducarte"]

His response was beyond worrying. Del was uncomfortably familiar with the phenomena of pain lag, even if she didn't have a more technical term for it. Dark eyes cast between his for a moment- pupils dilated, face pale, with the barest sheen of sweat at this temples. As long as they got him to an actual doctor before infection set in, he'd be okay she thought- but the level of pain he was in....

"Just got here," she said gently.

A few minutes later they were on their way, but Walk looked positively grey from the pain, and the increase in the sweat did nothing to relax her. She kept her shoulder below his uninjured armpit, her arm snug around his waist.

"I bet you can," she confirmed. "Totally useless with machines myself. Can't even program a holocorder."

It wasn't strictly true. She was perfectly capable for every day things. But she wasn't a *mechanic*. Giving him something to focus on beyond the pain though was important and she kept talking while they walked.

It seemed a lot farther this time.

"My uncle, he could make anything work," she didn't really think. Just talked. "You remind me of him like that, at least. Mom would get so pissed off when he'd track grease across her floors. or leave smears on door knobs."

It took longer to reach the junction than it had taken her alone, and she eased him down into the control seat as carefully as she could to keep from jarring his shoulder. Glancing around, she was already eyeing the carts- they could come off the track, but would they work if they were off? Would it be easier on him if they did it anyway and she pushed the damned thing? She really wasn't sure, but just the walk to here had taken more out of he than she was happy with.

She looked back down at him, then at the machinery. The controls were completely foreign to her, beyond a button that probably started the whole thing up.

"What can I do to help?"

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Allies: [member="Dorsca Waverunner"] [member="Veera"] [member="Jim Pehico"]
Enemies: Unknown

Janick watched as the ship the ORC called a judicial police van land near her position, near the great temple, with the pirates still reeling in from delirium tremens regardless of whether or not they stepped into the Otherspace portal. So there was a portal leading to the Aing-Tii homeworld and another one leading to Otherspace, and the pirates were along the Otherspace one? she thought, while taking the time to get a better feel for the temple complex, and, at the same time, helping the police handlers to get the handcuffed pirates to safety, somewhere close to, say, Karideph or Pergitor. Oh and they would receive care to get them back on their feet after the delirium tremens trap was sprung. Also, the police handlers came to get the loot out of the Otherspace portal room, which served as the pirate headquarters for this region. These pirates were plaguing Otherspace as well as realspace, even though their piracy was mostly done in realspace, she thought, while the last of the Charon pirates were taken away.

P I T A N N
~​
[member="Delilah Keyes"]

Walk groaned as she helped him settle down on the chair, but the sitting did help a bit at least. The weight off his shoulder and legs gave him some room to breath and think what to do next. He eyed the controls of the console, frowning, before looking down to the little hinges that would give away to the internal systems of the machinery.

"See if you can find some tools around here? Servodriver or something similar." Oh, the man could probably do it without a servodriver... well, usually.

Right now Walker was doubting himself.

Hands shaking?

That wasn't a good sign, not a good sign at all. With some difficulty he managed to pry open the little access shute that allowed entry to the circuits. A whistle escaped him, before he blew some of the dust and sand away. This was definitely old, probably hadn't been used in ages.

Didn't look too crapped out though, which was good.

Meant that there was a chance.

"Servodriv-" Walk looked up towards Del already offering him one. He hadn't even noticed her approach, but he did notice the look of concern. "It's fine, I am fine."

The servodriver was barely functional, but that would change.

"Check the wheels of the buggies, might be choked out with sand and dirt... if so, we will want to remove the excess- otherwise the gears might choke out trying to push through them." Usually the machinery would be powerful enough to bypass the dirt, but this was ancient and old. How long the reactor would hold was anyone's question and if they could limit the stress on the electronics? That would be better for everyone involved.

Objective: Trade
Allies: Captain August

It was time for her to head to trade meeting, she headed down the lavish corridors. It had tapestries showing how the king came to power, and all their noble deeds. She then entered the hall, she had realized that she was wrong, she was not alone in the meeting. She looked around, they all data pads and well dressed. She closed her eyes, and regained her composure. She smiled and looked around, and realized the only people she knew where her bodyguards. They where dressed in the servant gear, serving wine to other delegates. She took delight in knowing her men, could infiltrate the hart of the government. She then took her seat, the seat was made from an oak, and so was the table. It had a gold thread table cloth, and sliver candle stick holders on it.

Then host started to speak, he explained what he wanted, the speech was very long winded, with more detail than needed. Their was something very wrong with what he was saying, he only wanted to do. He was not after defending the planet, he was after securing his own power in the event of an invasion. He only wanted the ability to negotiate with the invade, not to resit the invasion. His reasoning was simple and wrong, or was it she was unsure. His rational was if they resisted more people would die, and it was better to be subjugated and still hold power, than lose everything fighting. Though in his plan the people would suffer, but it didn't matter as long as his power did not diminish by much. She asked out of turn, How do you plan to protect the interest of the general population? He looked bemused by her question, and his answer was simple I don't they only live to serve me, and my family. She was taken back by this, other looked at her, like this why was that even question. She then got said, ​Then with regret, I can not sell you anything. As the point being in charge, is not to do so for your own sake, but to help your own people. He laughed at her, and then said Is that what you did when you rebelled against [member="Faith Organa"]? Her went down a bit, and then rose I made mistake yes, but I could not trust the man she stood by. As he fought with the one sith, though it appears he did have Alderaans best interest at hart. So yes I am exile, and a traitor. Though I did it, because I dare not see my people live under the yolk of the sith. He looked at her again, Like you didn't serve the sith, ha. She had tears in her eyes, and the yelled NO I DID NOT SERVE THEM, I BETRAYED THEM AT EVERY CORNER I COULD! AS WHAT THEY DID TO MY PLANET, MY PEOPLE, I RATHER DIE THAN LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. The tears began to stream down eyes, she was resisting the urge just kill him. She turned around and stormed out, she may never step foot on home world again, but it mattered not she would protect her own people no matter what. As soon as she got she found cupboard to sit in, and the tears just began to roll down. She blown any hope of deal for her people in this trade negotiation, by letting her emotions get the better of her.

post 6

He watched the meeting, as he had installed cctv in the room. Then he had an idea, he was only meant to be using it, encase of threat to Elaine. He leaked the video of what just happened on the holonet, and with a message the outback would look after them. He had shipments of carbines ready and troops on stand by, that was before this happened. He watched the news, as it began to be broadcast, they trying to censor the footage, but still got up, soon the people began to rise up. They got repulsed by the palace guard, then the arms came into play. Yes they where initially meant to be sold to the king, but he did not want them but mob did. He tipped off one the leaders that their was shipment weapons in the hanger bay, that was about to be taken back to Elysian. The rioters took the weapon and armour began to fight back. He then brought the leader to his hq, and said I am going home, this is your fight. Here is the password to all the cctv, in the city. Good luck.
Then he left for home, with [member="Elaine Thul"], by time they got back. The world had thrown off the leaders, and officially joined the outback in a refrendum. Maybe they could sell the new leaders weapons.

Pitann

He wasn't fine.

She just didn't know how to help him.

Oh, his instructions were clear enough. She'd gone hunting around the far side of the machine and found a leather tool roll. Servodriver, hydrospanner, couple of tools she mostly just called mentally whatchamacallit and dohicky.

It wasn't often that Del felt helpless. Threatened by Sith, chased by security, chased by thugs, even losing her ship. She could always act, always respond. There was always something to *do*. Fight, run, even hide, those were all actions she could take. But this?

If they got out of this, she'd learn more than the most basic of first aid. Something beyond 'slap some bacta on it' anyway. Del wasn't religious. And she didn't say it out loud. But internally, she offered up a small prayer to Kad Ha'rangir. God of destruction yes, but also of change and growth.

Let me get him out of this, so we can keep changin' and growin' and I'll kick something's ass for you, good and proper.

"That's as clear as it's gonna get," she called over a moment later.

"Want me to see if I can get one of the buggy's off the track?"

She was already rocking one experimentally. The karking things was *heavy*, and she was dubious that it would do them much good. Unless it could roll on it's own off of the track, she'd make better time carrying him if she had to.

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Allies: [member="Dorsca Waverunner"] [member="Veera"] [member="Jim Pehico"]
Enemies: Unknown

"Nice catch, Your Honor" the police officer told Janick.

"Thank you. These Otherspace pirates will no longer plague realspace around Aing-Tii"

I guess, I could get used to being called Your Honor by the Outer Rim Coalition's judiciary or law enforcement, she thought, while realizing that she is perhaps one of the more dark-sided among the Judges. That, knowing that her area of jurisdiction will mostly concern spaceborne criminality. Stowing away is not nearly as serious as piracy so she would let that slide: stowing away often cause no real harm to the stowaway or the ship being stowed away on. Oh, sure, there might be some negligence but no charges are laid on that count until people get injured or killed as a result. And yet, the loot was taken away by the police, too.

P I T A N N
~​
[member="Delilah Keyes"]

"Walker? Walk!"

"Huh? Yeah?" He looked up from the machinery and noticed her sitting next to one of the buggies. Trying to get it off its tracks - why? Oh. Right, that was his mistake, should have been more clear. "No, don't worry about that. If I get this crap to work I can use the console to switch the gears." His attention slipped again, away from Del and towards the dusty inner-workings of the console. The servodriver was humming gently - micro-vibrations and resonance thrills running up and down its surface, before seeping into the air itself.

From there they took to the air, riding the waves, until they hit the sensitive machinery inside. What he would give to get a sonic servodriver here, but his had been lost during the crash.

Doubt it was still alive.

"Make sure the rails are free for the most part, so the buggies don't crash, before getting the momentum they need."

"And how much is that?" Walk cursed as the servodriver whined out of existence, before resuming its function. The power source was weak - enough to get the job done, but it would be a pain along the way. "Think six will do it, considering its weight and all." A hissssss and the console suddenly powered up again. Some of the lights nearby were extinguished as the reactor re-routed its energy towards the critical systems. In the distance the sound of an explosion sounded, but from the sounds of it... it hadn't been able to penetrate the heavy door.

Yet.

"We will need to move, they will get through by the next explosion." Probably would have gotten through by the first one, if they hadn't been worried about causing a slide-in and restricting their way in. "Tracks good?"

P O S T 9
[member="Vaylin"] | [member="Dax Fyre"]

Eyebrows lifted instinctually when lightning bolts shot in her direction.
Not a Jedi indeed.

She almost started to worry there. Jedi were easy to dismiss even when they weren't the weaker in a fight - because failure only meant humiliation, perhaps arrest if the poor dear was especially good at their job. Failure against those who didn't worry for keeping their prey alive could easily mean death if you let it.

But she didn't worry yet. Aria was keenly aware of her flaws - lack of skill with a saber was not one of them.

Aria called up a shield with seamless ease, still yet to appear in the slightest bit discomforted by the fight. The lightning stopped short maybe half a feet before they found purchase exactly as though the bolts had hit a wall, done away with easily.

Vaylin's message brought amusement to her features, and she spoke back into her mind quickly.
Keep going. He'll get bored or get tired.

She hadn't once stopped smiling.

Pitann

"As good as we're going to get, anyway," she said, stepping up next to him again. They were running out of time. She didn't know how long it had taken them to switch from trying to break down the door to trying to blow it off its hinges, so she didn't know how long it would take for them to set up another set of charges. Assuming they had more explosives on them...

Who was she kidding? They always had more explosives on them.

"Let's do this."

Either it was going to work or it wasn't. She was mentally preparing herself for the wasn't when:

CLANG CHUNK-CHUGGA GROOOOOAAAAAN

The sound of protesting machinery filled the halls, almost painful in the gritted metal upon metal screeching before the gears properly bit into each other and the whole thing started to move.

"I'd hug you but that would defeat the point," she said with a grin as the extra cart came grumbling off of the downward track and onto the west switch. She leaned over, planting a kiss on him, hard but short before helping him down off of the control seat. She paused, frowning as she looked down at how the cart left a clear trail in the sand build up.

"Alright, this thing is pretty slow moving- I can catch up to it at a brisk jog. You're going to get in and I'll meet you in a couple minutes- want to throw sand back over this route, and as long as I jog up the rail itself I won't leave prints. Otherwise the whole thing is moot."

THE AIING'TII MOTHER SHIP!
------------------------------
Writer Post #4​
----------​
The Guide of the past appeared. Well more like grabbed onto her with his claws and ripped her from her frail frame. As her ghastly soul left her body to join in the eternal flow of the white current, time marched onwards at a steady pace. But through the flow walk she felt her mortal body, her tether point to the real planes, drift away.

She was powerless as they broke through barriers and bands that held space and time together. She thought she would be sick from the inter dimensional travel.

"Where are.....who...what....whoaa..."

That was all she could mutter as the guide stormed her into the past, showing her a great many things.

A Stormtroopers Widow cradled her baby boy as she mourned her dead husband. He'd been shot, but more specifically she was ripped sideways into a vision of when she placed the bolts into his brain on Dosuun.

Then they traversed, even farther back. More death....more destruction. Each time she was there, feeling it, living it.

"These are the results of your actions Whisperwind. What have you to say for yourself."

She was arrogant as ever, though a little bit of dread filled her gut.

"Justified. All of them. I'd go before any tribunal and answer for every kill. Every time was self defense, the defense of others, or the erradication of evil."

"What evil does a man trying to make his way in the universe bring?"

"Ummm....."

"Exactly. So quick to judge, so quick to inhabit our plane of the force and use it. But no clear cut justification."

"I need more time to organize my thoughts."

"Time is a luxury that belongs to us and the force Apprentice Whisperwind. Not you. Now that you see the error of your ways it is time to move forwards."

"Right then."

She still wasn't convinced, and ducked her hand, checking one last time to make sure her blaster was there.

then there was a falling sensation and burning in her body as her flow walk ended, and she found herself slammed back into her mortal shell. This time she was different, as if something had been left behind out there, in the space between time....

"Already you change then?"

She glanced up, brushing back her hair and realizing that she had been crying the widows tears in real time. Felt the blaster penetrate her skull, felt everything.

"What is this devilry?"
"This....is....just....the....beginning!"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax was many things. But a fool was not one of them...okay, well most of the time...half the time...either way, he knew two things for certain. ORC needed to know of these Darksiders popping up and that there may be more of them. Secondly, he needed intel but there would be no way he could capture them both. If he wanted intel, he'd have to back off and either comeback with reinforcements or tail them. The latter was already out of the question, no doubt they'd already marked his Force signature. But, he had ways to get around that. First however, he needed to get away from them. Far away.

Still between the two women, sabers pointed at either, Dax slowly backed towards the trees keeping his blades at the ready in case either tried at another blow. "Well ladies, while your company has been lovely, I'm needed elsewhere." he said. Slowly, the trees enveloped the man and his sabers went out with a hiss. "I'll be seeing you both soon." And with that he faded into the forest, a specter once more.

As silently as he could, the man crept away from the two, doing his best to keep tabs on their force signatures at the same time. He was certain they could probably still feel his, if they searched for it. But in the winding maze of trees, it would still be difficult for them to give chase, he reckoned. Soon he'd be able to watch them...soon.

[member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Vaylin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom