Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antithesis Campaign - Homeworld (Domination of the Aing Tii Hex)

5vQRKRc.png

It had been twenty days since the region had been turned on its' collective head...

Seventeen since Pitanna had sent a fleet to explore the new system that appeared from the either...

Ten days since all signals ceased from the new system...

Three days since the attack on Pitanna...

and

One day since the Aing-tii had come from hiding and brought a massive Shepard ship into Kal'shebbal...

No one knew why they had come. To most they were rumor, legend, or the stuff of ghost stories told around campfires to scare little children into obedience. But yesterday they became flesh, their shell like ship standing in wide reality making all who saw it believe. The ship as massive and dwarfed the mighty KS1 Arbiter Station which sat in low orbit of Kal'Shebbal and guarded the way to the whole Kathol region.

Everyone from the highest military agency to the common citizen waited for a signal, any signal of why they were here. For most they would never know. It was the way of the Aing-tii, secrets and shadow. They were a private race and the fact they had chosen to send a ship into so public an area was an ominous omen for sure. But for some there would be an answer, for those of special talent or spirit they have seen things these past few days. Visions of great and terrible things. Each one of these visions called to them, beckoned them to travel, to gather in one place.

lost_paradise_zpsyvo3up3z.jpg

The old city, name something different by each new race that had called home still stood like faded jewel in the winderness. It was old, everyone knew that. But few realized how old. Those strong in the force could feel it though, the foot prints of untold millions littered the vine covered streets. The very walls, each carved and re-carved by those that had passed lay in revered tribute to those who had come before.

Here is where you will find yourself, either alone or with others. You don't know why but you feel the compulsion to enter into this holy city. You have been called, you know this, but don't know why.

OOC: This will be a self led journey, feel free to write yourself in at anytime. No matter what entrance you have read you find yourself here. Each knowing very little as to why or who now joins you. I will allow everyone to enter and mingle as you want. Have fun with it, be creative and add lore as you wish. More fun to come as we go. Once we have all the players on the stage we will move to the next scene. Welcome to the beginning of the Antithesis Campaign.

[member="The Slave"] | [member="Vaylin"] | [member="AD-Iqatar.13"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Antherion"] | [member="Boethiah"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Iron Giant"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="Aeshi Tillian"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot

Dax gazed out the viewport of the Azalea at the mysterious vessels idling above the verdant planet's atmosphere. The Aing-Tii...mythical, even legendary, in their reputation. A species known for their far-sight and their ability to fold space and time. And here they were. For what reason, no one seemed to know yet. Dax had only just gotten word. Immediately he had punched in the co-ordinates for the ORC world and jumped through space.

"Kiere, pya eine afti?" asked the grey skinned woman beside him. 'Who are they?'

"Uhm...well..." Dax said, searching for the words to describe the msterious beings. He'd only seen them in holos and ancient tomes before. They were...peculiar to say the least. "To be honest...you just gotta see them..." he finally said.

jungle_by_unidcolor.jpg

Vegetation littered the trails he walked, every few catching his foot and forcing him to put slightly more effort into his step. It was annoying, traversing this hyper overgrowth that meant to hold him back from his goal, but a necessary obstacle should he follow through. Afterall, he had spent all the time traveling this far out of his way to hold onto some magic floating red crystal just so someone lost in the jungle could tell him how to create life.

Now that he thought about it, this wasn’t exactly that sane.

Within his helmet, he offered a low and berated sigh, one of tension and stress. He far preferred the high strung and crowded streets of a metropolis than this… Mess of a city, but it didn’t matter now. On his back, a sith forged sword waited patiently for it to be drawn; but its temptations would have to be put on ice until they were needed. It was a virgin blade, other than the slaves and prisoners it had struck down to test it.

It was a virgin to emotion, perhaps.

The Slave broke the seal on his mask, taking a deep breath of the organic air. This city was only a few clicks north of him now, and in a few minutes he’d be there. Was there to be a welcome party waiting for him? Perhaps a buffet he could sink his teeth into, or a well shaped whore that also could have his teeth sunk into? He broke a grin, resting the mask back on his face before picking up his pace. Somehow, he managed to get himself excited; after all, there was an interesting sensation emanating from the city...

Thane was amongst his companions starring a drink when they received word from scouts that a strange vessel had entered orbit over the planet. Walking outside, drink in hand, Thane looked up to see something he'd only ever caught a glimpse of. Aang-tii. He'd spent enough time in space to know their myths. They were monks, masters of time and space, even sought to free any slaves they came across.

"Prepare my ship. I'm going in to have a look. Del, Toggs, you're my wingmen. The rest of you keep watch. I'm leaving Shawn in charge."

Jumping into a speeder with Del and Toggs, they shot off to the hangar. There, his Saint class kinetic fighter was waiting. His wingmen would be piloting a pair of X-wing.

<<Red Leader ready to launch...>> Thane pressed the throttle. As soon as he was airborne, his wingmen were right behind him.

As he crossed the skies, Thane caught visions of fire and death, but also life and rebirth. His course was altered and without question his men followed.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

The Wretched Hive's landing struts, designed for permacrete, bit deep into soil and broken stone. The old corvette groaned as its weight settled unevenly. Treads idling, Saggy beewheeped nervously.

"We'll be fine." Jorus unbuckled and turned helm control over to Shenna'vala. "Hull strain is well within the green. I'll have to replace the landing gear, though."

As distractions went, a job like that would be pretty good, and he could use a distraction. Shenna glanced at him a little warily, likely evaluating his frustration. For years now, he'd wanted to speak with the Aing-Tii. Sedaire, Rave, Alec: they'd all had that chance. He'd used their data, done everything right, and the Sanhedrim juggernaut had offered no reply at all.

Just visions, and Jorus Merrill wasn't a visionary man. Didn't like his mind being poked, either. He slung on a backpack and a blaster rifle. Saggy in tow, he left the ship wordlessly and headed into the ruins.

Northeast - Outside ruined city
[1]

Water drizzled down, dark clouds moving over head softened the sun rays which managed to reach the floor through tall canopies and thick underbrush. An ambiance of life surrounds the young witch, she spins on her feet to stretch her hearing in every direction. A pair of wonderstruck eyes searched every distance, nook, and cranny in her line of sight.

She ducks down and slides off the small ridge into a green thicket. Just ahead of that appears a game trail, a quite large one which suggested a sizable beast or many came through here recent enough to keep the jungle from reclaiming nature's highway. "Here we are..." Whispered words escape parted lips, her feet pressing down on the strong grass made an audible crunch.

A pair of winged creatures hopped from the tree and buzzed around the source of the sound, investigating Boethiah with large, haunting eyes. Before buzzing off just as quickly as they came.

She had prepared herself for the dangers, but nature reminds her to maintain her caution. Boethiah steps off and moves forward towards the game trail, and the storm continues to follow.

Engulfing the whole of the jungle in its lukewarm shower.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Unsure of how to proceed Dax looked over to his navigator. "Any chance we're getting some sort of communications from them?"
"Negative, sir"
A scoff left the Reaper's mouth, "Whelp, figures...anyone else planet side that we know? Or at least give us an idea of what the feth we should do?"
"Looks like the Wretched Hive just touched down. Looks like Merrill is down there."
The turbo lift behind the Rogue hissed open, Halzyn Ciir emerging from the tube gazing out in awe at the mysterious ships before them. "Well I'll be damned...look at that..."
"Alright then, open up a line of communication."
The communications officer did as he was commanded, a few taps and swipes and the blue glow of the holocommunicator began to come alive.
"Hey Jorus, you didn't invite these boys did you?"

[member="Jorus Merrill"], [member="The Slave"], [member="Thane Drexel"]

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
​Location: Orbiting The Planet
​Post: 1.20

​The technomancer stood on the bridge of a small frigate, looking out to the planet below. She didn't know why she was here, but the frigate slowly passing through the darkness of space seemed to be driven by invisible hands to the planet; her cybernetic eyes now locked in a soul gaze with the planet with numerous questions flooding her inner core. There was a reason she had been called to this planet, but what and why? Was it the Force that whispered gentle breezes into her ear to make a pilgrimage, or was there some sinister force down below that required her immediate attention? Despite her dark side alignment to the Force, she didn't want to watch the galaxy burn; she wanted to close the fractured wounds of the galaxy by any means possible. She made a personal vow of vendetta against one Order, a personal inquiry of another; and yet she stood swaying upon the cusp of the crossroads of indecision, plagued by more questions still.

​"I repeat, your orders my Queen," ​the damaged, rusting droid asked her. Clenching her left metal hand in and out, she thought about this. There wasn't enough facts for her to run a series of scenarios with any plausible results, so whatever she did decide would be what organics called 'taking a leap of faith.' ​"Have my transport shuttle prepped within the hour," ​came the cyborg's response. ​"Are you travelling alone my Queen? Or should I have a company assigned to this mission,"​ the navigational astromech droid inquired.

​"Something is calling to me from the surface of the planet," ​she said breaking her gaze, ​"Something meant for my eyes only."

Visions.

Resu do not get visions, as they do not have sight nor a connection by which they could listen to the will of the force.

They were a naive race, unaware of the powers above them. Yet even still, as Resu pilots orbited Kal'Shebbal in their various instances attempting to land a deal, some of them received a... sense. Iron Giant herself did not, but those present on the planet where the Aing-Tii arrived, did. Her Exileship was notified, and against the better judgement of other high classed CybeResu in command of the Resu Diaspora Protectorate on Resu Exile, she assembled the few who experienced the "sensation", and allowed them to command a ship together with her onboard. It was a simpler vessel, much smaller than her prize ships the Iron Mother or Iron Blade, and manufactured by her friend and colleague [member="Bryce Bantam"].

After some period of time, the small group of CybeResu arrived by the mysterious City the other's had been beckoned too, like an electric beacon. Unaffected by the visions herself, she could right away tell something was drawing her compatriots in an animalistic fashion, allowing higher functionality to be compromised in seeking this city. She allowed them to proceed, as she knew her curiosity had already gotten the best of her, and they had already come this far. Exiting the airlock, the four CybeResu stepped out into the tropical environment, with C.O.M.O. crawling around on her back before finding a place to nestle comfortably for the walk. She allowed the other three to lead her, to subsume themselves into their strange compulsion.

"Transmissions indicate others proximity; [member="Jorus Merrill"] among them. Else, combat preparation advised." C.O.M.O. pipped up, alerting them of the possibility of danger, as well as that a familiar face was likely around.

"Acknowledged. CybeResu, advance." Iron Giant commanded the group, as they cut away at various vegetation attempting to snag on their various mechanical components. Jungles were not so suited to cyborg fish.

| [member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="Boethiah"] | [member="AD-Iqatar.13"] |

[member="Dax Fyre"]

Jorus' comm crackled. He paused in the outskirts of the complex. Blaster rifle resting on his shoulder, he toggled the comm while watching the overgrown ruins for movement.

"Hey, Dax. No, I didn't call in the Aing-Tii. They wouldn't talk to me apart from a vision kind of thing that sent me here. No idea why yet. What's things look like in orbit? Saw a couple other ships touch down; any read on them or anything else coming down the pipe?"

His voice carried a bit; others might hear him, as well as Saggy's apprehensive beewheep.

[member="Iron Giant"][member="AD-Iqatar.13"]@Boethiah@Thane Drexel[member="The Slave"]

Drifting from place to place, using his small size, active camouflage, and camera-like appearance to his advantage, Chip had been sneaking aboard ships and tagging along for one adventure or another for months now. By happenstance, it was by this means that Chip now found himself silently floating a few yards behind [member="Jorus Merrill"], following him on whatever adventure he was about to undertake.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Dax shook his head, despite the fact that Jorus couldn't see him. "Negative on that one. Ship's scanners picked up some vessels heading for the surface, but I didn't recognize their signatures. Not ORCs though. Be on the look out, maybe the Aing-Tii had some stow aways or somethin'"

Dax stared out the viewport at the mysterious vessels silently for what felt to him like an eternity....What kind of knowledge was held in there? And what knowledge would the Aing-Tii bestow on them...one way to find out.

"Hey Jorus? I think I'm about to do something really stupid, but I'm gonna approach the Aing-Tii. Try to get some kind of communications up..."

With a gesture, the Azalea began to move slowly forwards towards the Aing-Tii ships,the grey and black paint shifting beneath the light reflected from the planet surface. In truth, the Rogue Master was unsure of how the Aing-Tii communicated. For whatever reason, he imagined they were telepathic, yet he was certain that was wrong...he knew they definitely didn't speak like other sentients. Well...hopefully they just didn't shoot them out of the sky...

[member="The Slave"], [member="Boethiah"], [member="Thane Drexel"], [member="Chip"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Iron Giant"], [member="AD-Iqatar.13"]

Southern Outskirts
Post 2

Thane and his wingmen touched down on the outskirts of the strange ruins. Upon settling down, Thane hopped out and ordered his men to stay with the ships. He tossed them his favorite flask and a pack of cards.

"I play winner!" He called as he walked towards the city ruins. Vegetation had retaken its place, growing from every conceivable crack it could find.

His hands hovered over his pistols as he wove his way through the overgrown remnants of a walkway. He kept silent, eyes and ears open. Taking each step carefully. Hoping to not set anything off, be it friend or foe. With the visions he'd had on the route over, Thane wasn't about to run in like he usually did, guns up and bottlenecks down.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Chip"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Iron Giant"] [member="AD-Iqatar.13"] [member="Boethiah"] [member="The Slave"]

Perfect. Waking up on a foreign planet with no reconciliation of how you got there was always interesting, Especially when you roll over and the face of a cliff peeks back up at you. Groaning, the scratched, dirty, and barely conscious man rose on shaky arms, propping himself up as he examined his surroundings.

This wasn't natural; him being there. There were signs of others, footprints, a few scrapes and his gear. All zipped up neatly. "I would never." That was a sure sign he wasn't brought there on his own accord, because if he was, everything would've been strapped onto him. Slowly standing, the bruised and battered mam looked skyward, the peaks of some ruins faintly visible through the gaps in the trees. Immediately, a surge of emotions rushed forth, practically dragging the man towards the temple.

Hobbling, the many cuts across his body began to close, his stride lengthening soon enough to where he was walking normally, his path clear. There were plenty of familiar presences nearby, but there were also many unidentified.

[member="Thane Drexel"], [member="Dax Fyre"], [member="Chip"], [member="Jorus Merrill"], [member="Iron Giant"], [member="AD-Iqatar.13"], [member="Boethiah"], [member="Bryce Bantam"]
Sorry for the late post y'all.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

"Not dumb at all - I tried the same thing. A couple years before your time, an Underground crew ran into some of them over Demonsgate. I've got all kinds of data on how they communicate - telepathy, pheromones, special translators. Mind to mind, tentacle patterns, scents. Dig into the Underground databanks under Alec Rekali; use what's in there. Who knows: maybe they won't just send you off with a vision like they did me.

"Good luck out there, Dax. I gotta run - making a lot of noise talking to you, and Saggy's getting nervous. Keep me posted."

A I N G T I I
East of the City
Azathoth

Eyes still shut, Aria grasped for a fallen branch that lay on the dirt beside her.
She sat up in the same second, holding out the branch as though it were her weapon and the jungle her foe.
Reality, thankfully, caught up to her an instant later.

Not five seconds awake and everything felt wrong.

The jungle she'd found herself in was entirely unfamiliar, but its entirety flooded her senses and forced her awake all too quickly. She could feel the dirt like it was under her skin, it and every crawling thing that had made the earth its home. Every drop of rain was invasive, every breath of wind filled her ears - it was unsettling and unnatural, and somehow still so perfectly, perfectly natural.

Aria set the branch down as she realised her hastiness, blinking through strands of dark hair. She hadn't the first clue where she was or what to do - but the planet felt so alive that she could not help but feel its presence enclose her own, like unseen eyes watched her, like unheard voices called for her.

Trained in the Force by now for long enough, Aria knew full well to go where its movements directed. This was wholly unfamiliar in that sense - but did it matter? She hardly had anything else she could do, and her desire to follow where senses pointed her went past the curiosity that she so frequently indulged.

Warily, she rose to her feet.
It seemed she'd be told where to go.

Am I dreaming?

It was the first thought that came to Vaylin's conscious mind as she stirred.

Vaylin instinctively clenched her hands, fingers digging into the ground beneath her, specks of dirt buried under finger nails. Then she shifted, feeling the familiar touch of bark against her back and head. Even the sounds of rain falling upon the canopy above reminded her.

It sounded like Dxun, but it did not smell or feel like it.

The Zabrak's eyes snapped open to familiar terrain; a jungle, but everything else was foreign. There were the usual scents, but they were not the same - like a different shade of colour. Vaylin remained seated against the tree, taking the moment to heighten her senses. She picked up the sounds of various creatures, ranging from the harmless and small, to the large and deadly. It would've been easy to remain, to just simply absorb being back on similar ground.

But her mind was spinning, thoughts on how she got her. The last she had recalled was being on a completely different planet, one that she was most certain had a lack of jungles. That and the Force was calling to her, pulling at her to get moving. Whether it was out of danger or a sense of adventure, Vaylin was unsure. Amongst it though her inner explorer was practically soaring, as it always did when she was somewhere new.

So she pushed herself up, parting from the tree and standing to her full height. Vaylin took a minute to brush herself down and stretch her stiff limbs.

As Vaylin began to walk onwards, she subtly reached out through the Force to see if she could pick up any more presences around.

Northeast - Outside ruined city
[2]

Boethiah followed the trail which grew narrow and wove through the thicket, drawing her closer to the ruins.

A rumbling in the nearby roots of a tall tree immediately robbed the witch's attention, she drops low and leans against a muddy rock. A single paw splinters through the roots as a large creature shreds forth from its den, snarling at Boethiah in its territorial stance. Thick black fur dots its bony form, and a long spiked tail snaps back and forth in agitation.

Boethiah circles slowly, keeping herself faced towards the beast, the beast twisting its head and neck in pace, counter circling on all fours.

Drawing from the force, the witch reaches out with a mellowing touch to the beast's mind. It flinches and stumbles, finally humbling itself before her. She steps forward with maintained caution and places her hand upon its forehead. "Shh, creature... You have as much purpose as any child under the stars. Let my thoughts be yours." Turning back to the ruins on the horizon, Boethiah walks off.

"Come." The beast follows.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="AD-Iqatar.13"] | [member="Chip"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Vaylin"] | [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
​Location: Jungles, Near One Of The Many Oceans
​Personal Objective: Unravel The Mysterious Calling
​Post: 2.20

​The small black and sleek shuttle landed on the surface of the planet, the engines popping and hissing as the cool air of the planet invaded the heated metal. From her vantage point in the cockpit, the cyborg could see a vast ocean of illuminating colors to her left and a near-lush jungle to her right. Inserting the probe from her right wrist into the shuttle's computer port, she began rooting around the databanks that were connected to the galactic holonet; her purpose was to discover as much as she could about the planet. She downloaded information to both her memory core and the datapad on her opposite wrist, though what information she discovered was little in nature. The planet was a mystery.

​The only viable information she obtained was the planet possessed a type-II atmosphere, and even though she was more machine than woman; she was still created with portions of her old body. Her lungs were still organic, despite being lined with cybernetic wiring and mechanical patches, could still cause her to suffer the effects of asphyxiation due to the planet's lack of breathable air. Before departing the cockpit, she opened the emergency box above her head to retrieve the breathing mask and the mechanical apparatus filled with enough supply of oxygen to last six hours before it needed to be refilled.

​Exiting the craft, her first visit was to the edge where the shimmering water met the sandy beach. The sight was majestic, and she scoured inwardly knowing this couldn't be the first time she witnessed such a wonder. Whomever was responsible for her transformation had the ability to wipe her mind clean, as if she was some basic droid manufactured to serve the needs of organics. Unknowingly, she clenched both fists tight; and if she possessed any nerves in either hand, she would have felt the pain from the gesture. Well, her left hand was completely machine, but her right hand had been reconstructed with nanothreads replacing her nerves before being encased in this body like her remaining organic make-up; save the fleshy palm. In hindsight, she shouldn't have destroyed the entire file on her, but downloaded it for future studies. Even she suffered bouts of anger and fits of rage.

​Turning from the soothing slaps of the waves, she headed toward the jungle using the micro-binocular unit in her eyepiece to temporarily scan further ahead. With no viable threat detected, she entered the jungle ready to commence with her pilgrimage. Somehow she knew her life was about to change, not because she felt the influx through the Force, it was the odd feeling surrounding her; what female organics referred to as 'woman's intuition.'

[member="Boethiah"] l [member="Vaylin"] l @Everyone Else

Pathfinder of the Gate Clans
Drums... As you walk, run or arrive you now begin to her the sound of music coming from the not so far off city. Thick clouds begin to build in the sky but they do not feel like the vanguard of a storm, but rather they seem to swirl around you as it you were in the eye of a hurricane. The sun is setting but the air is electric, a content invigorating breeze now flows through the forest and toward the city no matter what directions you approach it.

As the sun's light wains you begin to see the very stones of the city begin to glow with a light. The light is comforting to those who are drawn to the light side of the force. Almost like a beacon calling you home. Those who crave the dark will feel uneasy, as if your connection to the dark side is fading, that is till you see new life coming from the red stones you hold. Like smoke, long tentacles of shadow will creep up your arm, wrapping you in that which you love.

"You are protected, the light will not burn you..." says a voice as quite as a whisper.

Those who approach will find tattooed Twi'leks have gathered in the city. All seem to be centered around a great stone temple in the city's center. At the base of the temple a great fire has been lit, and a table with all manner of food laid out. By the fire a great many now dance and sing. As they lift their voices to the heavens you do not understand the language they speak. If you ask them any question they will not answer, instead they will motion you to head toward the temple.

What you seek lies there.

OOC: Dax the Aing Tii will not speak to you no matter how times you hail. If you try to get too close you will find your vision goes dark and when you awake you will find yourself on the planet. By the city...

All the rest feel free to continue exploring, interacting and having fun!

[member="The Slave"] | [member="Vaylin"] | [member="AD-Iqatar.13"] | [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Antherion"] | [member="Boethiah"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Iron Giant"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Delila Castillon"] | [member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="Aeshi Tillian"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] | [member="Chip"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom