Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Antarian Ranger Combat Bodysuit Mk. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a specialized bodysuit for NFU PCs in the Silver Jedi Concord.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Synthetic Yorik Coral - X
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Combat Bodysuit
  • Weight: Weightless
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very Low
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Disruptors: None
    • Radiation: Extreme
    • Acids/Corrosives: Extreme
    • EMP/Ion: None
    • Sonic: Extreme
    • Force: Extreme
    • Pressure/Gravitational Force: Very Low
    • Extreme Cold (Weaponized): Extreme
    • Extreme Heat (Weaponized): Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Force Defense: Incorporating a specialized variant of synthetic yorik coral into the design, the Mk. I affords the wearer an extreme, borderline-immune degree of resistance to the Force and its manifestations. Most notably, this makes the wearer nigh-impossible to detect via the Force, while also masking their intent, making their actions significantly more difficult for a Force-user to predict in the already-demanding conditions of combat. Abilities which rely heavily on precognition, such as blaster-bolt deflection and danger sense, become substantially more difficult to utilize directly against the suit’s wearer, with the former ability becoming more difficult to execute than hitting a fastball with a baseball bat.
  • Exotic Weaponry: The Mk. I confers the wearer an extreme degree of resistance to many forms of exotic weaponry, including corrosive/acid, extreme cold, radioactive, and sonic weaponry. While these threats are relatively uncommon as compared to more conventional blasters and slugthrowers, they are no less lethal when not defended against. The Mk. I succeeds in this, providing the wearer a powerful insurance against these rare, yet extant threats.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force-Users: Force-users who attempt to wear the Mk. I will immediately find themselves to be extremely disoriented, as the suit will severely inhibit their ability to manifest the Force. Even individuals possessing a slightly above-average midi-chlorian count, yet no real Force potential, will likely find themselves to be disoriented when wearing the suit, which as a side effect will negatively affect their passive intuition to a limited degree.
  • Conventional Weaponry: By itself, the Mk. I provides no real resistance to conventional and common weaponry, including energy weaponry, slugthrowers, and disruptors, the latter of which is all too-common on the battlefields of the modern Chaos Era, given the proliferation of advanced, power-armored infantry serving in the armies of the major galactic powers.
DESCRIPTION
Conceived as an experimental design, the Antarian Ranger Combat Bodysuit is a skintight combat bodysuit which utilizes a Force-dead form of yorik coral in its construction. During its conception, the Mk. I underwent a number of iterations which initially incorporated a wider variety of materials and features into the suit than what was included in the final design. Among these was Void Stone. However, given the proximity of Antarian Rangers to the Silver Jedi, it was decided early on that Void Stone was not viable for use in the bodysuit, given the material’s indiscriminate effects which would inevitably inhibit the ability of the wearer’s allies to manipulate the Force. Instead, the design team procured synthetic Yorik Coral from TDW, allowing the suit to achieve the same Anti-Force effects without inhibiting the ability of the wearer’s allies to manipulate the Force. The Mk. I also very effectively protects the wearer from many forms of exotic weaponry, derived from the bodysuit’s integrated sonic dampening overlay for sonic defense, agrinium weave construction to shield against radiation, Anti-Corr 113 to protect against acids, and various Anti-Freeze materials for protection from weaponized cold. While this comes at the expense of protection from more conventional weaponry, the Mk. I is nonetheless an effective defensive system, due to these properties and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom