Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antar the Dragon (Republic Dominion of Antar

For many centuries, the denizens of Antar 4 lived as an anarchic mass of warring tribes and cities that were watched over by a group of individuals known as the Antarian Rangers. Initially, the Rangers assisted the Jedi in seeing to the peace on Antar 4, but with centuries of war, disease and strife, the Rangers were left to their own devices. They took up the challenge and did their best to mediate between the disparate groups of native Gotals and the newer immigrant species that all together made up the urban and rural areas of the moon. For centuries, the Rangers were unable to forge a truly lasting peace by themselves, as none of the groups wanted to give up autonomy. Recently, however, attitudes have changed. Antar 5, another moon that was used for mining and refining magnetite for export into the galaxy, has recently been taken by a group of bandits calling themselves Prindaar Freedom. The group of bandits has stopped the shipments to Antar 4 and not respected the many deals with external companies and governments. They have committed several bombings in both the capital, Temba Port, and the moons largest city, Baal Commune as well as centers of rural life on Antar 4. All of these factors has allowed the Rangers to bring together the leaders of the moon's powers and send a call to the Jedi of the Galactic Republic. The Rangers wish to renew their allegiance to the Republic and would like emissaries of the Jedi and Republic to come and treat with the leaders of Antar 4. As part of the entreaty, the Rangers ask that the Jedi help them with their bandit problem. In exchange for help, the Jedi and Republic may begin negotiations with the powers of Antar 4 to bring the system back into the Republic. While negotiations and anti-bandit actions will be bringing Jedi and Republic forces into Prindaar System, ancient reports of a derelict battleship being recorded as crashing into one of the uninhabited moons of Antar arise anew in the records of intelligence organizations both within the Jedi and Republic and outside. The battleship is rumored to still remain untouched on the uninhabitable moon, a remnant of the ancient clone wars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Prindaar System, Approaching Antar 4]

Dair stood watching out the windows of the bridge of a Republic warship as the fourth moon of the gas giant Antar. The Jedi Council felt that the situation in the Prindaar system, while warranting attention, would also act as an excellent training exercise of their Padawans. Others from the Republic would be there, and those Knights and Master's that wished to observe or act as advisers were there as well. Should the situation prove to be more than the collective of padawans could handle, then more experienced hands could take over. As one of the older, if not most senior, padawans, Dair was feeling a great deal of attention being given to him. Mentally, he felt like the weight of Prindaar system were riding on his shoulders, though he knew intellectually that this was not true.

When they had received the entreaty from the Antarian Rangers and the Council approached the Republic's padawans for this mission, Dair had looked into the histories of both the system and the Rangers. Centuries lay between now and the last time that Prindaar system resided within Republic borders, but still the agency that had been installed to protect the population of Antar 4 thrived. He was proud, in a way, of the Rangers maintaining themselves and all they had done to keep the denizens of Antar 4 from annihilating themselves. That took a great deal of wherewithal to accomplish, particularly over centuries of essential isolation. The summit would take place in Tempa Port, the centuries old capital of the world, a city that maintained the title even in the anarchy that had consumed much of the moon. There would be many people counting on the Republics response and negotiations, and he was certain there were some in the assembly that would feel as the terrorists that had taken the mines of Antar 5 and want the Republic and Rangers out of the system. At this point, Dair didn't know if he would join those who would treat with the assembly on Antar 4 or go help root out the bandits on Antar 5. First, they had to make official contact with the assembly, then they would be formally asked to intervene. The wiser minds of Masters and politicians had insisted that they wait for the formal invitation to intervene, which would place the people of Antar 4 in the Republics debt from the onset of negotiations. Dair didn't know how he felt about that, but he knew he wasn't a politician, so didn't second guess the decision.

This is the Galactic Republic Dominion of Prindaar System, which will take place on Antar 4, Antar 5 and 'Antar 6'. Respectively the Objectives are:

1) Establish Diplomatic Relations with the powers of Antar 4 and enter into negotiations with the assembly for entry into the Galactic Republic.
2) Assist the assembly of leaders on Antar 4 in clearing out the mines of Antar 5 of the bandits calling themselves Prindaar Freedom.
3) Investigate rumors of a derelict Confederacy of Independent Systems Battleship Malevolence.

As per the rules on Dominions, any writer should stick to a total of 20 posts. Anyone can come help, please respond in the OOC thread prior to jumping in. The objectives are just guidelines, and people may use them or do other things in the Prindaar system.

Finally, I have 1 rule. Don't interfere with the fun. This is a game, this is where people come to let off steam built up from their real lives in a constructive manner. As long as people's fun doesn't interfere with other people's fun, keep it going.

Thank you all.

Dair Cotarin

(OOC Thread)

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
Allies: [member="Dair Cotarin"] and other Pubs
Enemies: Opposition, particularly of the kind that goes "Roger, roger"
Objective: 3

I stretched my arms out, arching my back and cracking my knuckles as I walked onto the bridge. In the pockets of my utility belt were my three lucky stones, a knife, a few batteries for my training sabre, my training sabre, and at least two or three bread rolls I had, ah, "borrowed" from the kitchen. They wouldn't be missed, anyway. And they were going for a good cause: me!

Because, you know, I was special.

In any case.

What with my new reform, I'd decided the best way to keep my mind off of the Kowakian Monkey-lizard which graced my back would be to throw myself into as many things as I could manage -- which meant more practice with Shii-Cho, more review of planets, and yes, more missions. This particular mission was of some interest to me because I'd read about Antar 4, 5, and 6, and decided this would be the perfect place to get a quasi-vay-cay while pretending to do whatever the Jedi were expecting of me. Though, by now, I don't think their expectance bar could get any lower.

A smirk on my face and a chunk of bread now in my mouth, I moved up beside one of the Padawans on the bridge. I hadn't actually spoken to him before, but he looked to be about my age, only more serious, as if he took the weight of being a Jedi seriously.

Making him my perfect target.

Chewing and swallowing my food, I tossed the roll up and down in my hand and sidled up to him. "So, did you fall asleep during the briefing? 'Cause I did. Man, these guys are so boring. You'd think they'd never have been to like, a party or something before. Honestly! You all need to live a little!"

8448880_orig.jpg

In the Shepherd's Droid, Jacen sat shoulder to shoulder with Krart, a renowned Gotal Ranger. Dressed appropriately for the bar, which sat in the centre of a slum district, he bided his time with non-alcoholic beverages. And the odd real one. They'd received a tip off from an agent that the terrorists were going to strike the capital again. The bar was frequented by a particular ethnic group that had been outspoken against the revolt, and they were expecting the attack within hours.

Krart was particularly skilled at sensing intentions in others, and Jacen was beginning to develop some talent in that area. The two of them, and any others, were going to try and catch the bombers, prevent the deaths and then start to follow the trail to the Antar 4 operations. Even if they dug them out of Antar 5, they had to root out the cells here first.

Jacen cast his eye over his shoulder. Nothing out of the ordinary yet, and he didn't detect any nefarious intentions. Of course, this could be a very brief mission if no one did. One very short, very hot mission, that came to an abrupt end.

Friends: [member="Dair Cotarin"]
Enemies: Girl Jedi ([member="Roshki Belawiiks"])
Objective: 3 - Ghost Ship, brah!

For many centuries, the...

The young Nautolan's face made a sour expression, blending confusion with frustration as the youngling held a datapad out at arm's length as he was confronted by the greatest enigma the galaxy had ever known.

Galactic Basic Standard.

As a younger Padawan, who ordinarily still slept and played with his Youngling Clan, Zak had gotten this big lecture on observing how older Padawans represented the Order. How older Padawans demonstrated service above self. How older Padawans blah-blah-blah, for the Republic, all stars burn as one... you get the picture.

Get it? Got it? Good, because Zak had totally tuned out at that point.

They were going to some planet in the Mid-Rim... Or was it the Core Rim?

Was the Core even a Rim, or was it just the Core?

Anyway, they were going somewhere. A planet. Maybe in a Rim, maybe not. The purpose of which was to do something where people talked a lot, shook hands, and then the HoloNet would be full of people angry and talking about how credits were spent, if the people agreed to what they said they agreed, and a bunch of stuff he really didn't understand. The point was, Zak was supposed to write a report on where they going, why they were going there, and what the Jedi mission was all about. Because he was still in the elementary grades of the Jedi Academy and so, while this might have appeared to the casual observer to be a field trip, let's be real.

This was homework.

For many centuries, the...

The words from the briefing material they'd been provided mocked him from screen. "Den..." the boy began, frustration bordering on anger as he uttered aloud, "Den-uh-shins?" Was that 'z' supposed to be a hard consonant? Or more like a shh sound? Den-ee-zins?

Whatever, brah.

For many centuries, the something of Antar 4 lived as an an... anarc...

The boy threw his hands up in defeat, sending the datapad clattering off the ceiling, the walls, and sliding across the floor as he just pitched it. "Who writes these!?" the youngling demanded, to no one in particular.

Slumping forward in defeat, the boy stretched out a hand. The sound of something metal vibrating against the hull plating could be heard, as the discarded datapad seemed to skip forward an inch on it's own, before finally shooting through the air to return to the boy's waiting hand. Making his way through the ship, the boy looked for one of the Padawans -- the real Padawans, not that GIRL Padawan.

She was a Sith spy. He just knew it.

Could girls even be Sith? They seemed like they were even too evil and gross for even the Dark Side.

Coming up to another of the Republic Jedi, the child looked up and asked, "What's a denishen?"

Allies: fellow pubs
Enemies: time
Objective: 2

"I'm telling you, your ship doesn't sound right Travot."

"It doesn't smell right either," cut in another youngling.

Before Travot could protest, the pair of younglings scampered off further back into the ship, shouting about some smell wafting around in the corridors. Did one of them...you know what...never mind. How they're better able to use the Force than me...the Maker help me. At least I have a license. The thought brought a flicker of a smile across his face. The flowing lines of hyperspace disappeared to reveal the gas giant of Antar and its many moons. He could already see a large ship eclipsing the light-colored orb of Antar 4. That must be the warship that most of the others came in. He glanced at his wrist chrono. I guess we're not that late...but still...

"I bet he won't let you fly us again," said one of the youngings, a rodian boy that stood up to his waist.

"Oh yeah, why's that?"

"Because we're late."

"We're not that late..."

"Master Tobiem always told me to be on time for things. Always."

"Have you ever heard what Master Ecso says about speaking in absolutes?"

"No," replied the rodian, abruptly running off to the back of the ship.

Well, it has been a few days...they're probably just feeling cooped up. I probably wouldn't be much better at their age. The large man shook the thoughts from his head as he gently nudged the yoke of the craft to take the starship closer to the nearby moon. I'll drop them off to meet up with the other youngerlings, and then find out what I can about these bandits...

Allies: Anyone else doing obj 1
Enemies: None
Objective 1

My starfighter came out of hyperspace and in a flash I was staring at a huge orb in front of me. I tilted the wheel forward a little move the ship downward to where the coordinates suggested. I then said to my R2 unit "R10 I need you to plot a course for the embassy also send a message to all incoming republic personnel to meet me at the space at the following coordinates". I typed a series of digits and R10 responded with a few beeps and bloops. I responded with "No there's no need to worry, it's a simple get in get out mission...besides what's the worse that could happen". It responded with a few more monotone boops but I ignored them.

A few minutes I landed my ship in a small scale hanger and was greeted by a female Mirialan. She bowed to me and said "Greetings Jedi and welcome to Antar I am Administrator Yesa ". I bowed back and said "Thank you..may I make a request of a side room at the embassy for my fellow Jedi to meet". She nodded then typed somethings into her datapad then she said "There you have it, I will notify and Jedi that arrive to head there and meet you". I nodded then made my way to the nearest exit.

Droids and officers scurried across the polished floor in all directions. The hangar resembled a circus in those moments. Through the bay doors, the gassy behemoth of Antar crawled closer.

"What do you think?" asked the officer.

"I think the caf is cold," said Dazuto to his superior's amusement.

The pair stood casually at the edge of the humdrum, sipping their drinks. Nearby, a small squadron of ships were being armed and fueled by the deckhands. Dazuto spotted his own R44 snub, shiny and untested, provided during the purgatorial aftermath of Incom's departure from the Republic.

"The waiting is the worst," said the officer.

"Aye, it is. When will we know?"

"Command will give us the word once a deal's been reached with the unity government. After that, it's just like they told us - provide air support for the assault on Antar 5."

Dazuto nodded lazily, eying the distant moons.

"Ever seen combat before, son?" asked the officer.

"No, sir. This'll be my first combat mission."

The officer gripped the young man's shoulder. Really not necessary, he thought.

"Keep your cool, maintain communication, and focus on your breathing. All will be fine," assured the officer. His communicator crackled and summoned him away. Dazuto was just glad to be left alone.

The caf was still cold.

[2/20]

“So, have you been doing this long?” the bulky Gotal asked. They’d taken a private booth with a good view of the room.

Jacen carefully placed his drink back down on the cheap metal table. “What, being a J…” he started.

“Shhh. No I meant in my line of work!” Kart replied. Jacen wasn’t quite sure how such a bulky creature could function. The Gotal’s arms were about the width of both of his legs, his torso was an incredibly thick round trunk. He was hardly soft around the middle either. The Gotal laughed. “I’m going to guess not though!”

“No, not really,” Jacen replied rather sheepishly. “I was a soldier before this.”

“Ahh, fair enough. Good to have you around then!” Kart said, slapping him gently on the shoulder and nearly knocking the drink from his hand. “Just try and keep things low key though eh?”

Jacen nodded, before turning his eyes back to the dingy bar. On his belt was an empty blaster gas cylinder, within which resided his saber. Of course, before using it, he would need to detect the bomber. Stretching out with his senses he could feel patches of emotions and the odd errant thought. However, it was hard to discern where they were coming from. He hoped his Gotal detective, with his sensitive horns would be able to spot the bomber. Kart had boasted on his skill in this area, suggesting he could feel someone particularly panicked from hundreds of metres.

Jacen hoped the bomber hadn’t already been past. An image of a scorched ruin where the bar once stood, his own corpse still smouldering briefly flashed before him. Was that the Force, or his subconscious? Kark.

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
Allies: [member="Dair Cotarin"] and other Pubs
Enemies: Opposition, particularly of the kind that goes "Roger, roger"
Objective: 3
Side Objectives: Make [member="Zak Dymo"] crap his pants *evil snicker*

I took another bite from my roll and turned to address the owner of the question. As soon as I realized who it was, though, my lips curled back into a fearsome smile, baring my canine teeth at the youngling.

Let me be honest here: I really wasn't that bad of a person. Oh, sure, I had my faults, but one thing for sure was that I wouldn't, you know, hurt a kid or something. That thing didn't appeal to me, to tell the truth. Not to mention there was that whole "Jedi don't hurt innocents" thing.

But this little squid-head? I heckled him enough to win me the Official Champion of Heckling award. If, you know, they did that sort of thing. But I didn't do it to harshly, not only because I didn't really want to hurt his feelings, but also because I saw a bit of myself in him. And, trust me, the kid would need to grow a tough skin if he was gonna survive this galaxy. So, as any compassionate person would do, I took it upon myself to complete the monumental task.

"A denizen is like a citizen, but their legal status is less official. Like a squatter in the Temple: they're denizens, but they're not citizens." I grinned again at him. "Zed, right?" I asked him, fully aware of the fact that his name was Zak. As stated before, I just liked to poke his buttons. "You going to find the big ship-thingy, too?"

I hunched my shoulders slightly, reconfiguring my face so that it looked even scarier than before. "I wonder if there'll be old droids on there? They say the Separatist droids looked like the skeletons of the Geonosians, but with less mercy, and more bloodthirsty."

Brahs: [member="Dair Cotarin"]
Enemies: Super Irritating Terrible Hags (S.I.T.H.) ([member="Roshki Belawiiks"])
Objective: 3, and to find a protocol droid to write this report for him...

So it was basically just the occupants of the planet?

"Why couldn't they just say people?" the boy opined aloud. Really, that would have been a lot simpler. What wasn't so simple was how to deal with the Jedi who'd answered the question for him.

So she was a girl, a S.I.T.H., and a nerd.

And he was enclosed in the same confined space as her, breathing the same air. Recycled air.

Astral. Just kriffin' astral.

As he looked up at the Togruta's toothy smile, the boy shuddered and fought against every instinct to look away in sheer revulsion. Man, was she UG-LY. To start with, she looked like a girl. That was pretty much the bottom of the barrel to begin with. She had the lekku, which were like head-tails, so those were actually kind of cool. But the rest of her? Nope. Train wreck. Hyperlane straight to Sithspit.

In fact, Sithspit would have looked at her and gone, 'damn, gurl, what happened to YOU!'

Was it possible to get cooties just from visual contact?

On the plus side, she didn't know his name. That much was almost cause for relief. There were cultures out there who believed that names had power, and maybe that was true or maybe it was poodoo, but if she didn't know who he was... that worked for him. That worked really well for him as a matter of fact.

Come to think of it, if she didn't know his name, then she couldn't rat him out when he snuck a bug or something into her room later...

No, wait. All she'd have to do is say the word 'Nautolan' and Master [member="Corvus Raaf"] was likely to declare Zak guilty. It was like anytime a Nautolan did ANYTHING on Ossus it was automatically his fault. Which, that was usually true, but still. Speciesism was bad, kids.

And what ever happened to the presumption of innocence? Due process? The right to counsel before answering questions? It was martial law at the Academy, brah. All anyone had to say was Nautolan, and he was extraordinarily rendered straight to detention.

"Thanks, uhh..." the youngling chirped, completely content to roll with the notion that Zed was his name.

So, what was her name?

Girls did have names, didn't they?

Of course, he knew that they did. But they had boooooorrrrrrring names. Girl names. Like Zooey. Or Leia. What the Hutt was a 'Leia' anyway? Like, I'm gonna Leia down for a minute and take a nap? Come on.

He could address her by her title, except she was a Padawan. And he was a Padawan. Technically anyway. Padawans normally slept with only two or three roommates in their dorm, and they were usually teenagers. How could you play with less than four people? Youngling Clans were much more awesome. If you didn't like the group of kids you were playing with, there were three or four more playmates just right there with you. Aquatics, like Mon Cal and Quarren if he wanted to have an underwater sleepover. Or Zabrak and human younglings if he wanted to play something terrestrial.

Dude, that smile was just creepy. And ugly. Had he said ugly, yet? "...uh, brah," the youngling finished finally, stammering through the statement awkwardly as he looked back up at the still-smiling young woman.

The mention of droids, the boy brightened up considerably. The only reason he'd agreed to this field trip-school report-thing was the prospect of battle droids.

They were like regular droids, but much, much cooler.

Visions of such mechanical monstrosities danced in the boy's eyes, as he listened to the girl's commentary about all the reasons why battle droids were more astral than girls. But would there be any on the ship? If the ship even existed? "They'd... they'd be, like... a hundred zillion years old!" the Nautolan chirped.

Seriously, the whole Confederacy of Independent Systems Clone Wars thing was sooo B.Z.

Before Zak.

Which was the same as saying Before Cool (B.C.) or otherwise known as ancient history.

"Seriously, their power systems would be... be, like, total rust."

Didn't girls know anything?

Oh, wait, he forgot he was talking to a girl so... Nope. No intelligence life here, Captain.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Antar 4
Obj 1: Meet n Greet. (p1)
[member="Caleb Brolen"]

Caleb Brolen had requested a side room be prepared at the Antarian Embassy for the Jedi Ambassadors. Seeing as the others had yet to arrive, or were perhaps only simply arriving now, Apprentice Rhymes entered the side room early. She bowed to Apprentice Brolen and retreated nearer the window to contemplate the mission further.

"Meet the locals and help them with their rogue Mining Station. That seems simple enough. I'll let Cotarin handle the speeches though. Wouldn't want to get in the way of good diplomacy, after all. Watch and learn girl. Watch and learn."

She nodded to her own reflection and turned about to step into the hall.

"Excuse me miss? You wouldn't happen to be one of the Jedi Ambassadors just now arriving, would you?"

She was a dark-haired G-human woman in a fine red business suit. Professional, fluttering, and beaming a happy smiling. Megan couldn't help but enjoy her presence immensely,

"Indeed I am. Apprentice Rhymes of the Ossus Academy, at your service."

"A pleasure Apprentice Rhymes. I am Sandra Coltos. A Ranger, and one in dire need of some assistance. Have you met with the Antarian Delegation yet?"

Megan shook her head,

"Not just yet Lady Coltos. The official welcome has yet to come to pass. ...However, I would be happy to skip the formalities if time allows."

"Indeed it does. Time being of the essence, at our very present situation. So. Shall we?"

___

Megan ushered Ranger Coltos into the Embassies side room and took a seat across the many couches from her. They could now discuss business matters accordingly and in a semi-private setting.

The scarlet-suited Sandra retrieved a Data Pad and opened up a presentation.

"What I'm about to show you is a diagram of some new construction plans that have been planned for our fair capital city. I was hoping that you would be able to help my organization talk some sense into a group of new contractors to the planet? The Jedi are renowned diplomats and our own local efforts at persuasion with this building group have been, alas, ...somewhat hampered thanks to our recent mining problems. If you understand my saying so."

"It is a Jedi's duty to serve and protect, Lady Coltos. Please. ...Continue. You have my utmost attention. How might the Jedi Order help with this unique building situation?"

The two women continued chatting for almost twenty minutes thereafter. Meanwhile, the other members of their party were facing new challenges on their own.

Objective: Bomb threat
Allies: [member=Jacen Voidstalker], Krart
Post #1

Des Kovak stood outside, across the street from the Shepherd's Droid cantina, grumbling to himself. This Jedi, this Jacen Voidstalker, had told him to stay outside. Too many people in one place would draw too much attention, he'd said. We have to be careful, he'd said. Something to that effect, anyway. So Des stood outside, keeping watch, supposedly ready to respond to the first sign of trouble from inside. He had a comlink, but it had stayed silent for some time now.. He didn't have to try very hard to blend in. With his sleeveless tunic and breeches in tan, earthy tones, he looked like about a dozen people who'd passed by just now. He looked close enough to human to pass for one, and he was particularly adept at passing himself off as a street urchin. He had been one for long enough. The cool metal touch of the lightsaber, on loan from the Jedi Temple, at the small of his back served as a constant reminder of what he was here for.

Des resented this sort of work. Being careful, and sneaking around. The Jedi were supposed to be powerful, yet he had seen little of that power during his short time with the Order. People calling themselves 'Master' kept telling him to keep himself in check when he fought, to hold himself back. That was not power. They told him he had to focus on his connection to the Force, to be patient and compassionate. That was not power. Des had grown up with the law of the jungle on Haruun Kal. That was where power lay. Not in this skulking in back alleys, waiting for someone else to make a move and get the drop on you.

Sunken in his own private thoughts, he looked up as the first drop hit his shaven brow. "Looks like rain..." he said to himself, more to keep himself occupied than anything else.

Prindaar System
Antar 4
Temba Port

Dair rode the diplomatic shuttle down into Temba Port's main space port. Despite centuries of anarchy across the moon, the city was quite clean and showed signs of new constructions. The route the shuttle took was choreographed to show the city below to those within the shuttle and to show the elegant lines of the Republic shuttle to the citizens of the city and those visitors from other parts of the moon. A diplomatic show of force, the Galactic Republic has arrived and all will be well. Dair shook his head and glanced once more to the datapad in his hand, over the last night the terrorists had set off another bomb in a rural town, killing upwards of a hundred people. If Dair were another person, he would think about calling in for support already, he didn't like the idea of people dying just because he was here. That would have been the height of hubris, he was merely a padawan, a single cog in the organic machine of the Republic and these terrorists would be continuing whether or not he were here. He just had to make sure they were stopped before much more bloodshed. The key to that would be just ahead.

The shuttle landed with graceful dignity, careful precision of one of the Republic's best pilots brought in just for this landing. It seemed mildly wasteful, but Dair understood that the effect it would have couldn't be measured. The door in front of Dair opened and folded down into a set of stairs. Dair tugged on several points of his tunic, making sure it looked presentable just before he stepped out and strode confidently down the stairs. Inside he felt a great pressure settle on his shoulders. There were people cheering the coming of the Republic. The delegation from the Antarian Alliance (as Dair thought of them) was smiling. There were two Gotal, a Human and a Twi'lek present. One Gotal and the Human were dressed in clothes that would have been familiar in most planetary government buildings and corporate offices, the other Gotal was dressed much more aboriginally and the Twi'lek was dressed as one would see in most cantinas. Dair stepped up to the group, his own delegation forming behind him. Dair bowed low to the four before him.

"I bring greetings and well wishes from the Galactic Republic. I am Dair Cotarin of the Jedi Order." He states simply as he rises from the bow. He matches gazes with each of the delegation as he does.

"I am Harie Do'lam, I am the leader of this delegation and attache to Dovrim Gothe, the estimable leader of Temba Port. By the grace and power bestowed upon myself and my compatriots here before you, you are welcome to our land and are named guests of Temba Port." The contemporarily dressed Gotal woman stepped forward and said. She returned Dair's bow, though she had a troubled look on her face. Her eyes went to the datapad in Dair's hand before meeting his again. "We...humbly implore you to assist us in our domestic affairs. We would like to begin the talks as soon as you are able."

Dair's stomach turned. He felt he should have sent those assembled to retake the mines right as he entered the system, and now he was regretting the delay. "Of course..." Dair turned to the person behind him and nodded. That person began speaking into a communicator, releasing those assembled to retake the mines to do so. "The assistance we spoke of before is being sent right now. Shall we adjourn to the Embassy, we can begin soon."

The woman looked relieved and nodded, not trusting herself to speak. The two delegations boarded aircars and were whooshed off to the embassy.

[member="Des Kovak"] [member="Megan Rhymes"] [member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Dazuto"] [member="Caleb Brolen"] [member="Travot Ravenna"] [member="corvus raaf"] [member="uri aureleos"] [member="fletcher lorcan"] @Other Republic Padawans/Helpers

Allies: fellow jedi and pubs
Enemies: "Smart" technology
Objective: 1 (then 2)
[2/20]

Travot found himself standing at the end of the Plainswalker's ramp, holding back what feeled like a flood of younglings behind them, though last he counted, there were only five of him. In front of the jedi stood an slim, silver droid with a pair of bright blue photo-receptors. He eyed the droid carefully, even as a certain rodian jedi attempted to slip past hiim. He almost did, but thankfully another grabbed him to pull him back. Travot blinked as his eyes met the unyielding gaze of the droid in front of them.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?"

"Are these children your offspring?"

"No," said Ravenna, briefly wondering if the droid thought that he had adopted the rodian, or that the rodian was his offspring.

"Are you their legal guardian?"

"No."

"Who is the legal guardian?"

"The Jedi Order," said Travot plainly.

"That is not an acceptable response. Please try again."

"The...Jedi...Order..." stated Travot slowly.

"Thej Edioder...sector-wide registered bank robber. Calling...law enforcement," stated the droid, whipping out a retractable stun baton.

"What?! No, that's not me..."

"Your attempts to persuade me are futile. You are under arrest."

"Uh-oh, Travot's going to get arrested. Master Hvboe is going to really not like you now, Travot," tattled one of the younglings excitedly, "I wonder who's going to fly us back to Ossus. Maybe someone more fun..."

Travot was unsure if he should more annoyed by the youngling or the customs enforcement droid. A brief feeling flickered across his mind. The man stepped to the side, just as the droid swung his baton at him. Whether the droid was poorly programmed for combat, or he was just lucky, Travot watched the metal object fly just past his cheek. Even as it did, a pair of organic customs agents, one gotal and one human male, walked into the landing pad with blasters drawn. Several of the younglings behind him screamed and ran up the ramp.

"Don't move," stated the human one, "now put your hands on your head..."

Ravenna started to comply, slowly raising his hands towards his head.

"Clyde...that's not him. The Wanted holo looks nothing like him...he's a guy, for starters," said the gotal officer, holstering his weapon and turning to the droid, "A412, stand down."

"Roger officer."

"What?" said the other man turning his eyes back to Travot, "Then who are you?"

"I'm Travot Ravenna," said the padawn, "I'm here with the Jedi Order."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Allies: Republic Jedi, Antarian Rangers
Enemies: Pindaar Freedom bandits or any other hostiles that show up
Objective: #2

A pair of well-used macrobinoculars were brought up once again to zoom in on the southeast entrance to the mine that Kaitlyn Solay was scouting out. The young Antarian Ranger took note of who all was coming and going, and with what. The what looked to be bomb materials. This had to be the Pindaar Freedom bandits hideout. Kai's blood boiled as this all was hitting home too closely especially after her mother being killed in one of the first bomb blasts that had targeted Temba Port. She wanted justice to be served to these murderers… or was it just revenge? Dark thoughts of how she'd like to deal with these cowards who killed from a distance came to mind, but then the light of her late mother's love show'd her the right way of thinking. Justice it would have to be.

Kaitlyn retreated slowly and carefully from her hidden position up high in the tree line that skirted around the mine on one side. Once down on the ground, the brunette made her way back to her speeder bike that was covered in some thick bushes a few klicks away and collected a recon droid she'd deployed when first arriving. It was a quick trip to her waiting camo-netted ship several more klicks away, then Kai downloaded all the information gathered along with the known blue prints of the mine into Patriot One's computer and beamed the encrypted intel low wave to Antar 4 for those waiting to hear what she'd found. Hopefully orders would come down sooner than later. The Ranger just wanted to stop these guys before anyone else died.

[member="Dair Cotarin"] (Since you are handling the NPCs at the assembly.)

(1)

Allies: Republic Jedi, Antarian Rangers
Enemies: Pindaar Freedom bandits or any other hostiles that show up
[Post 1/20]

Judah Lesan Jr, JJ to his parents and closest friends, had caught wind of some trouble near Antar 4. Normally he would just keep his nose out of someone else's business, but the historic connection between the Jedi and Antar 4 made him jump to action. Antarian Rangers had been comprised of those who were force sensitive and could not "cut it" as Jedi. There were also those who simply chose to join their ranks, leaving whatever force potential undeveloped. JJ didn't know what their make up, or ranks, were like now, but he was curious.

He was also restless. JJ had been cooped up on Corellia for far too long, and when it went kaboom, JJ and his family parted ways. It was a bittersweet moment, but the young Lesan was ready to face the galaxy as his father had before him. This was JJ's first real foray into danger. Sure he'd been with his father, and his mentor @Cabria Zadira, but this was his first solo mission. JJ was antsy, but nervous.

High in trees, JJ remained out of sight. While a guardian, he had shadow tendencies thanks to his father's influence. JJ was a good mix of both really, though leaned to action first, questions later. It would get him in trouble someday. Being Corellian, JJ had a certain attitude about him, one which exuded confidence. Some called it arrogance, but there was a difference. His dress was simple, a brown pant, blue tunic, brown vest. Clipped to his belt was the Lightsaber he carried. It was green in color to remeber the planet of his birth. Boots were made of a sturdy leather, and around his neck hung the claw of a Sand Panther.

In the distance, JJ could hear the sound of rustling. He saw motion. Leaping from his perch, JJ quietly approached whoever, or whatever, it was nearly blowing his hiding spot. He was close he knew it. The hideout was close, and the bandits would be rooted out, and dealt with. Bombings were a cowards way of violence, and JJ hated cowards.

[member="Dair Cotarin"] | [member="Kaitlyn Solay"] | @whoverelse is objective 2

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Antar 4
The Breakfast Heights
Obj 5: Construction. (p2)

___

The Breakfast Heights was a large new commercial construction about thirty minutes outside the city. Once a large quarry dug into a white mountainside, it now sported yellow construction droids of all kinds. Stylish robots that were busy clearing ground, churning rock, and leveling flat basins. No foundations had yet to be poured. It was simply a vast white desert of bedrock, polished smooth, and ready for building.

Rhymes closed the car door and peered down at the quarry from the highway. Coltos exited the driver's seat and came to stand beside her with a nod,

"As you can see Apprentice. Already are the foundations being laid for a new and impressive groundwork. Billions of credits just this year alone and many more for the future."

"It's massive. They could begin the finishing touches any day now really." Megan chirped, "What's the time table? Surely they want to begin moving on this soon?"

"The Fahl Corporation hopes to begin landfall of their prefabricated constructs next week. I've been using the Mining troubles on Antar 5 to by us some time and keep them off-balance. But I'm running out of reasons to delay the final negotiations." Sandra nodded.

"I'm not sure I understand Ranger Coltos. Just what exactly would you like for me to accomplish?"

"Fahl rose to power during the stability of the Republic. Before the Sundering of Corellia, Fahl was quite the galactic corporation. They played by the rules and everybody got along smashingly. But since the Republic's influence has waned in the past few months; Fahl has been starting to resemble pirates more and more each day. I even suspect they hired thugs to intimidate our wildlife researchers. Forcing their way onto this property without fail."

"Republic influence is returning to this sector Sandra. Your government could renegotiate at any time with our support?"

"Exactly. But It's more than that too. Fahl picked this location because of the water caverns that reside underneath the bedrock as well. While technically a resource of the state, their drills would be the only ones able to access it on-site. They've already bought out the colonial manufacturer that works the coastal pipeline in this area a month ago."

"No competition in the region? You mean, Fahl will have a working monopoly on water?"

"For the city. No. But for the outlying settlements of this continent. Yes. Very much so."

Megan nodded. Fahl was taking advantage of the weaken government to being leveraging planetary assets in the favor of big business. So much for power to the people. Sandra sighed and pulled out a card from her jacket pocket,

"Now that you've heard my side of the story, it's time you heard theirs. Jim Cantor. CCO for this site and their assets in orbit. I'd like you to contact him before our meeting next week and talk with him. Get his perspective and see what you can do to leverage their weaknesses. If the Republic Dominions this Sector, you'll have the political advantage in the years to come."

She pointed a finger at Megan and squinted hard against the sun,

"Don't disappointment me Jedi. Our government needs this."

Megan took the card and nodded. She knew what Sandra meant.

"I won't Ranger Coltos. The Fahl Corporation will learn that the Galactic Republic supports the people of Antar 4 wholeheartedly. I'm sure a compromise in powers can be made."

Sandra put her hands on her hips and smiled,

"Ha. I was hoping you wouldn't use that word. ...But. It's a sham deal as it stands now. So? ...I'll take what I can get. Call me when you've set up a talk with Cantor. I'd like to be kept in the loop as this thing moves forward."

"Of course. I'll call you tomorrow with an update. After I speak with my superiors, of course."

"Excellent. That will do nicely. ...Well? Time is wasting now. How about we return to the Embassy and check up on your delegation back there? Hopefully. You've missed all the boring parts."

Megan smiled.

"Yes. Hehe. Hopefully."

Macharius Solaire

M
Allies: [member="Travot Ravenna"] [member="Dair Cotarin"] [member="Caleb Brolen"]
Enemies: Spaceport Rent-a-cops
Objective: 1
[1/20]

"And he's here apart of the Republic delegation. Granting him diplomatic immunity if there is to be any more shenanigans officers". Macharius hobbled up to the Jedi and customs officers with his four guards tailing close behind. A cane aided in supporting his right legs weight. He'd been recovering from a recent accident with a slippery ship ramp. He was far better than when it happened; knee looked like a Bolo Ball with the swelling afterwards. Bacta was a wonder for fixing injuries but recovery was still necessary, not that he hadn't been just as busy with things during that time.

"And so who does that make you"? The question was curtly asked by the junior.

"I am Senator Solaire of Denon, and the Senates representative here to aid the Jedi in the talks. Now that we have established who we are and our purpose you have no reason to waylay us anymore". Macharius folded his hands across the handle of his cane and gave a scowl that could cut Beskar in half.

The senior of the agents realized their hands were tied here. Not that he had a reason anymore to bother them but he knew better than to cause an incident and have the blame fall on them for it. The Gotal figuratively dragged off his partner and the droid returned to its duties elsewhere.

A satisfied smirk broke when they took off. He was quite used to chewing out people. It was what officers did, politicians too. There just needed to be a more polite approach to it. "Well Jedi I am already late to the Embassy. Gather up your Younglings". Solaire looked out the corner of his eye to see those who ran inside the ship leaning on the top of the ramp. "And see to it they behave". His tone changed abruptly to one of a grandfather speaking idle threats for amusement. "Else they won't get to go back to Ossus. Maybe I'll draft them to work in the war factories on Denon. Or they can go to Coruscant. After all, the Sith Lords have to eat too". The facial reactions of the younglings were priceless. Only for a few seconds could he contain his laughter before it spilled out. Maybe this diplomatic mission would be better than he thought it'd be; certainly it was already more fun.

Allies: [member="Macharius Solaire"] [member="Travot Ravenna"]
Enemies: No one
Objective:1
[2/20]

I was in the room for about a few minutes before I heard something in the hall. I was trying to get us embassy passes and secure transportation but I guess that would have to wait. I sighed then walked out the room to see what looked like bounty hunter walk away from a group of Jedi and another man. The man looked to have a lot of prestige so if I had to choose I would say that he was a senator.

Closer examination viewed that out of the group of Jedi only one was a padawan and the rest were younglings that came with him. I walked up to both of them and bowed. As I bowed I began with "Greetings gentleman, I am padawan Caleb Brolen, it is nice to meet you". I then looked at the younglings and said "As for you there is room down the hall on the left". I then changed my voice to a more serious tone "I want you to behave and be still, am I clear". Then all nodded there heads and proceed down the hall.

I then turned to R10 and said "Watch them,don't let a single one out of your sight". He had some beeps in protest but then followed the younglings. I then said "Now since that's been handled I supposes we should get started shall we?".

Allies: Fellow Jedi and Rangers
Enemies: Any bandits that can't be reasoned with
[Post 1/20]

Mark Sage sat high in the treetops overlooking the valley containing the bandits' camp. Although he was watching for any movement down there on a quite serious mission, Mark was quite enjoying being up here: the view, the wind through the trees, the sounds of the fauna throughout the forest. It all was a setting that Mark was quite used to and enjoyed.
Pulling a pair of worn macrobinoculars out from the leather satchel that hung at his side, Mark looked for any signs of movement, but found none. All seemed quiet for the moment, so he climbed down the tree he'd been perched in to find what everyone else was up to.
Mark snuck through the brush silently, hoping to locate any other jedi or Antarian Rangers to work with. There was, after all, safety in numbers, and since his master, jedi Avi Merron, was on Antar IV doing diplomatic stuff, Mark felt that he should probably stick with someone.
Mark sensed that he was approaching someone, or perhaps someone was approaching him. He couldn't tell which.

He cautiously moved forward through the forest, clutching the fossil tooth that hung from his neck to his breast for a moment, then releasing it to hang freely. His dark green bladed lightsaber swung back and forth at his belt, now unencumbered by a normal jedi tunic. Mark had decided against wearing one, as, although it was flexible, it had it's limitations compared to the simple grey V-neck and brown vest he wore now. He'd also traded the lower half of the tunic for some cargo style khakis. He'd kept his usual brown boots though. They were about as versatile as you could get these days.

Mark was nearing someone, he could sense that much. But, the real question was 'who?'.
Not sensing much of anything too dark about the person, Mark quietly called out to him (assuming it was a 'him'),
"Hello! Is anyone about?"
[member="Judah Lesan Jr."]
[member="Kaitlyn Solay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom