Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Another day, another cargo hold.

Valora Starchaser

V
Bezharl
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Valora could only remain undiscovered for so long, not just because the hiding ability of a preteen could only stretch so far on a ship full of masters, but also because it was boring.

Like, really boring. They had gone and done something, but she had not gotten the memo. And now they were flying back somewhere, but... security had grown tight.

And that hiding in force light stuff made her hungry.

And the pantry always had someone in it.

So many ands, not enough sugar. Valora was getting sloopy as she crept along the mess hall wall, the light bending around her form in an impressive display, for a kid. Her eyes were on a bowl of apples. Yes, apples. She was that hungry.

She side-shuffled carefully, her collar catching on a ledge in the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were a number of things he was going to have to think about, and consider for his own goals in the future. He was called to the Bezharl to assist the Jedi Coalition in the best way he could. But now he was lost in thought. Ashin had provided a few different views on things, and the Jedi Master was going to have to meditate on what he learned. First though, he needed to visit the infirmary to help with any healing that needed to be done.

However, the other Masters were around and he did need to recharge himself. The bacta would slow the wounds and start the healing process.

Making his way to the mess, the Jedi Master was really wishing that he was at home and not on the warship. Even on the Dawn Chaser the rations and chef droids were a bit better than a warship. He was a bit drained but welcoming the Force back after being in that void of the ysalamiri.

Stepping in, he made his way for a bit of fruit, the conservator had citrus from Kattada and that was what he was craving, that and one of the more sweet melons. Used to get them after any exploration trek, why not after a combat engagement? Peeling the skin from the citrus, he wasn't really searching in the Force, and with this ship, there was always something going on, but this felt different...

Looking over his shoulder, he was staring right where he sensed it. "Funny, I figure my daughter would be safe and not on a warship." He said as he turned around, back to his food. Was she really there and hiding herself, or was he just missing home?

Valora Starchaser

Valora Starchaser

V
“This is a worship?” Valora chirped excitedly, realizing a moment too late that light doesn’t talk.

Dammit. Baited.

Her shoulders fell as the illegal passenger dropped into sight. “No fair! You weren’t suppose to be in here.” Valora might have been able to hide from the others, but from the light bending master himself?

She had yet to stand a chance.

She relinquished herself to her fate and scooped up not one, but three apples, growling as she did so. Days of work, lost!

A smirk as he shook his head. "War. Ship." The whole reason he was out here was so she didn't need to know what the inside of one was like. He fought wars so his children wouldn't have to. Hopefully by the time they were ready to trek out on their own, at least with the twins, they'd have a solid understanding of where they wanted to be in the galaxy.

Kaia and Jared had found their roles, and Kyra was finally coming into her own.

"You should be checking all the crew, its actually harder here, with the Force, but… you weren't exactly closed off. Would fool a non Forcer, but not your dad." Or Julius. Or Wyatt. "You know, its never been something I was all that good with, hiding in plain sight like that. Takes a lot of focus." Most he knew could become a bit more dim and hard to stand out, but not out right blend in.

Good on Valora, honestly.

Valora Starchaser

Valora Starchaser

V
Valora gave him a tired look and dug into the apple.

"You didn't tell mom you were gonna be in a ship with a bunch of jedi. You said you were visiting friends." As if that excused her cargo hopping, or her getting in over her head.

"None of them noticed me," she reported, smug.

"You gonna tell me what you doing? And why they all seem so tense?"

Peeling the citrus, he was just shaking his head. Was he upset with her? Yes. Was she any different than when he was her age? No. It was interesting, Kaia and Jared both shared parts of what made Coren Coren, but Valora? She had a lot of the other pieces at a younger age. Or maybe it was just because he was here for it.

"Because I didn't want your mother to worry. I'm not out crusading, but someone has to keep an eye on the folks on this ship." Force knew Julius should be the one to.

"And good. Getting around unseen is the first tool you really need. Your grandfather taught me that when we were avoiding Sith hunting squads." He didn't really need to go into the darkness of that time. "But if they didn't see you? You're doing good."

As for the tension… "We came here looking for someone. We have them, but she can't know you're aboard this vessel." His tone was calm, and not at all disciplinary. What good would it do?

Valora Starchaser

Valora Starchaser

V
"And why not?" she challenged, holding his gaze as she chomped down on her apple. He would know that look. That was spill or be spilled on.

To Mom.

Alls fair in love and worships.

Well, he wasn't much of a hostage negotiator, this had to be a skill inherited from Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel , if Coren had any say in it. "Because you're my daughter. The person we have aboard would use that, you, and your sister to gain an upper hand on me and your mother." And if someone had gained an upper hand on Coren?

Who knew if he could be like some of the stories of Luke Skywalker, or like others. He was of a Jedi path that understood compassion and love, and how it was part and parcel to a Jedi.

Valora Starchaser

Valora Starchaser

V
Valora pulled a face, perturbed by the thought.

"So... they're a bad guy. Are they..." she leaned forward and whispered conspiratorially, tension forming in the air. "...A sith?"

Now that was the real question, wasn't it? Taking a piece of the citrus and putting it in his mouth, he was using that to buy some time. Going through the conversation with Ashin over in his head. "They used to be. Currently? I'm not so sure.They're looking to defend themselves, and that which they care for."

Was this going to be a conversation of 'ends don't justify the means'? He hoped not.

"And bad at one point. I'm not so certain truly evil…Or Sith."

Valora Starchaser

V
Valora could have fun trying to puzzle that one out. She mulled over it and reached out for a piece of the citrus.

"So... you went sith hunting. And now you have a sith. Here. On this ship." Which was text book cool, by the way. "And now we're gonna... bring the sith home? Oh, um. Go to Coruscant? Bring it to jail!" A guessing game, clearly. Valora was happy for the company. Hideouts were boring.

A lesson for the future.

Looking at her, the Jedi Master shook his head. He wasn't trying to be purposefully difficult for her, but well, Ashin seemed to be something different.

"I was here to help remove a potential threat from the galaxy. We took them alive, and are moving them." Did he know where? No. If he had the time, he could center himself and find out. "We're moving to wherever the gathered feel they should be transferred. I doubt we'll go into the Core as deep as Coruscant." At least, Coren hoped as not.

"Why would you say Coruscant over say Commenor?" She wouldn't know about the way Sullust had been used for this very purpose.

Valora Starchaser

V
Valaro shrugged. "They mention it sometimes. The others. Who are they by the way, I don't recognize them from any of the lifeday parties."

Two blue eyes leveled eagerly up at him.

"Are they in your stories too?"

"The ones on the ship? You should know a few, if you saw them." Romi Jade and Julius Sedaire at the least. They went back far in Coren's history. He knew that he was lacking on telling the twins certain parts of his own story.

"They are in my stories. They're the people who have kept me going when there were times I thought I'd surely fail."

Valora Starchaser

V
Valora perked. "Aunt Romi Jade Romi Jade here??" Not her aunt, but family was not always blood. She strained in her stool and glanced behind.

"Well now that I'm here you can't get rid of me," she asserted, confident that her blackmail would hold firm. Valora wasn't suppose to be on ships that was hauling more than basic goods, but neither was Coren sooooooo.

"Mom thinks we're in Naboo."

And that was why he tried to keep certain things quiet around Valora. She was probably going to run off and around the ship. All he had to do was keep his mind quiet and not let Valora know where Ashin was. He did that? And they'd be fine, no fuss and no mess with her getting into trouble.

Continuing the peel the citrus, he nodded. "And did she hear that from you? Or she make her own conclusion?" It couldn't hurt, having Valora aboard.

He'd have to direct her to the bridge if she wanted to wander.

Valora Starchaser

Valora Starchaser

V
"Oh I told her. Kinda. I mean, I left her a letter..." She stole another citrus piece. "But last time went so well, she's not gonna care about this. Does this mean I get my own room now? My crate is boring."

This one was definitely his. Shaking his head, the Corellian couldn't keep the smirk off his face. "At least you left her a message. I know Mom hates it when I leave. Probably because sometimes I'm half way to my hyperspace jump and sending a message. But we will just have to not tell her what we're doing."

And here came the extortion. "For now you can sleep on the lounger in my bunk. I'll chat with Julius and the others about getting a room set up for you. But you'll have Porter watching you when you're wandering. Probably places you really shouldn't be."

Valora Starchaser

"I know, I know. It still doesn't mean you're doing it right, Val." He tsked as he shook his head. "Listen, I won't put you on lock down here, but you do need to keep your head down."

"At least until we get our other passenger off."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom