Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual Faction Elections

Progflaw99

As with anything, are we sure this is a problem for the majority, not merely a minority? If you legislate based on exceptions you'll eventually find the rules become too restrictive. Not only on those to whom they are applied, but also to those moderating and administrating the board as a whole. I can guarantee you that if multiple people in any faction where the leader was merely 'resting on their haunches' and not catering to their members/the faction's members, and it was brought up as a collective group of members to admins, something would be done. There's absolutely no reason to build rules or build a framework around this.

The Major said:
There is nothing that stops a major faction from doing internal, annual voting without laying that policy upon every other faction. If you feel it's a good idea, go and implement in your own faction.
Pretty much this. This is not something I am going to force on people. If they want to do it for their faction, good for them. If they don't, good for them.

"Have there ever been rigged faction elections?"

Yes, actually.

Anyway, I agree with the idea to just leave it to the factions to do so themselves. Let's be honest, potential for abuse aside you have to factor in that not everyone considered capable may -want- the job and the pool of people who could take the job and do well with it might not always be plentiful. Most times, someone is the faction owner for a reason. If the faction owner is not doing what is best for the faction, the job of changing this is on the Faction Admins.

I haven't even remotely read the replies, knowing how the internet works I'm surprised it isn't "America vs British" yet. However, reading the original post. I have opinions:

On one hand, yeah no this isn't a bad idea. It certainly keeps faction owners accountable, something that has been an issue on chaos in the past. I won't name names here. Having a system like this would ensure that the faction is being lead in the way the members want it to be lead. The entire point of factions on chaos is to please the members of said faction, this just ensures they are doing it. If the faction owner is doing a good job, then yes you vote for them.

On the other hand, this is too open to abuse. I've seen systems like this get abused day in and day out. People claim they have the best intentions for the faction they are voted as the leader of, then kick the faction admins and replace them with friends.

I don't like it

Even though I kinda do.

I think this discussion has run its course? It's clear that this isn't something everyone wants or is open to, and staff isn't going to make this something everyone is required to adhere to, leaving further two cents seems a bit.. extra?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom