Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annealed or Tempered (Open Group Training)

"Don't sell yourself short," I joked. "You're more than just a trophy." Thanks a lot Vulpy, I thought savagely. He just had to go and say that, didn't he? And I was no better with my reply, in jest though it was. Sure, I was a smooth talker, but because of my only recently resolved troubles: spice addiction, an inability to filter out foreign thoughts and emotions, and semi-severe depression, I hadn't 'gotten' many girls over the years. You know, quality over quantity and all that rot.

I made a note to watch what I said around socially inept Jedi apprentices in the future. Then I might end up ruining my chances with a girl who was actually interested, and that would suck bantha balls.

@[member="Lilia Dur'iar"]​

Tattersong

T
Tattersong wandered onto the Jedi training ground in the Tython wilderness, absently checking his right hip to make sure his lightsaber was still there. Feeling it tap against his palm, the big Tiranii looked for the Master conducting the training.

"Mastair," he said aloud, "would there be room fer one moor padawan who'd be wantin' training?" His heavily-accented voice rolled his r's, elongating the sound. At the same time, he looked at the other trainees to see if anyone might be lacking a partner.

@Je'gan Olra'en

Vulpesen chuckled. Fighting multiple opponents had been one of his favorite studies, and that had finally come to an advantage. A jedi's focus was his best friend in battle and Vulepsen had used @[member="Lilia Dur'iar"] to break @[member="Kale Arkin"]'s. No, She wasn't a trophy. Like he and Kale, she was a player in the game. And players could always be manipulated through politics. Sneaky, and unfair though it might be, Kale had said unscripted chaos.
Vulpesen moved while Kale spoke, us advantage using his divided attention to his advantage as he took a quick jab at his torso. He was confident it would connect, but he'd always learned never to simple let an attack go in alone. As the jab reached it's intended length, Vulpesen quickly retracted the blade and feinted with a slice to the upper right shoulder which quickly flipped into a lower left leg cut by using a quick roll of the wrist. Makashi masters were great at blade manipulation, and Vulpesen's readings, gave him the basic knowhow of how to move a lightsaber quickly and efficiently, albeit without the true refinement to be more dangerous than anyone above hi.

I wasn't a master of the blade, but I had completed the basic, blind-folded training regiment involving both a blind-fold and a training-remote-from-hell, and I knew one single, irrefutable truth, learned beneath the stinging burns of Master Garai's training saber -- you couldn't get hit by what couldn't reach you.

Vulpy's fancy blade work sliced through air as I repeatedly gave ground, true to the principles I'd learned earlier in the week. I maintained a wide, open stance as I backpedaled and side stepped, keeping my blade angled between his saber and my body at all times. Lilia had scored a hit because I'd underestimated her, and I'd been using a style I wasn't altogether comfortable with.

I'd never do either again.

"Some Jedi you are. Attacking while my attention's divided?" I shook my head in faux disappointment. "You'll have to try harder than that." I'd evaded pirates, Republican authorities, and stabilized an overloaded hypermatter engine while high on spice, all at the same time. It'd take a parade of naked Lethan Twi'leks running through the forest right now to catch me off guard.

I knew from experience.

@[member="Vulpesen"]​

Vulpesen smirked and gave his blade a small twirl before returning it to the ready position. "Can you blame me for trying?" Apparently this flyboy would be harder to pin than he thought. Still, he had to focus on the battle as a whole. Such a philosophy is what kept him moving. Never stay in one spot. The voice of his master rang in his mind, the voice that had kept him alive in situations that nobody his age should have been able to crawl out of. "The man who moves, his valor he proves. He who stays still, is a target to kill." He uttered the words quietly, remembering their importance as he looked between his two opponents. His advances were done, and perhaps a reactive approach would be best for his situation. @[member="Kale Arkin"] @[member="Lilia Dur'iar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom