Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Angellus Family History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide an informational history to the RP Legacy of Liram Angellus
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: No, this is my personal collection of RP material over a span of 20+ years
  • Permissions: My subs
  • Links: Liram, Silver Jedi Concord, Entries
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: Angelus family history of military service
  • Format: Audio Recording
  • Distribution: Rare (Silver Jedi Concord)
  • Length: Recurring (for ongoing magazines, holonet shows, radio broadcasts, etc.)
  • Description: To give interested parties a look into the history behind Liram Angellus’ family history.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: The Executive Officer of each Angellus.
  • Publisher: Self
  • Reception: Personal but informative
FORMAT INFORMATION
Various recordings of the executive officers have been “cleaned up” and declassified. The purpose of each entry is to document the actions taken in the missions and events that have been described. This is also used by military doctors and medical personnel to give an introspective view of the current officer with the “famous” surname.

CONTENT INFORMATION
The series starts with two of the most controversial, influential, and notorious officers, Kam, and his son Arestul. Each recording is linear documentation of their actions, victories, and losses. Each log provides not only a look into the motivations of each officer but their thought patterns as well. Often these dossiers have been used by Commanding Officers to better understand just who they are dealing with.

Kam Angellus, or "Angel" as he was called, longtime considered to be the most feared non-Force user in the galaxy was a feared Fleet Admiral for the Republic. Making his name at the ambush at Kamino, half the defense fleet destroyed, he took command of his frigate and had it flying like a fighter. The damage was done by the Confederacy, but the combat vessel and her rag-tag surviving crew disabled three battleships and two-thirds of the heavy batteries on the Confederacy Fleet's flagship before reinforcements arrived. Never one to lead the major attacks, "Angel" preferred to be the diversionary tactic, using the target on his back to the Republic's advantage. When the Republic morphed into the Empire, "The Angel of Death" squadron as it was called by many had become a fleet of 'pirate hunters.' This was Kam's belief that he could still some good in the Empire that he had never signed up for. One by one, every major pirate clan or criminal organization not named "Black Sun" or "Crimson Dawn" was defeated and dismantled. Little did he know they were being recruited and repurposed by the very Empire he was working for until it was too late.

It was too late when he found his parents killed in their home with the rest of his family by an Imperial Sniper squad. His days with the Empire and the majority of his loyal fleet were done. They were not "Rebel Alliance", but they did give that fledgling group of planets a fighting chance. His final days came just outside the Yavin system. If he was not there, Yavin IV would have gone the way of Alderaan (his wife's home planet) and the Rebel Alliance would have lost the day, and most of all, there would have been no "lucky shot."

The entries continue with his and Angelina's son Arestul. He entered service reluctantly, originally wanting nothing to do with being what the Angellus was known for, after all, up to that point he had heard the rumors and read the "official" reports. As far as he knew, they were "traitors" and "murderers", it was when he learned the truth that the rage that had been inside him all of his life was channeled into purpose. He had no formal training and probably the mistake made by the New Republic was fast-tracking him through the ranks based on his name alone. This brought him absolutely nothing but resentment (justifiably) from his colleagues. No matter how natural he was in his tactics, no matter how talented he was in his abilities, Arestul needed to earn the respect not afforded him, and earn it he did.

He did not have the battlegroup his father did, he had his blood, and his head. His tactics were swift, efficient, and sound, the problem is that they were known to many, after all, many of them were his father's. They were required reading in many naval academies. Most of his opponents knew what he would do before making an order, just like Arestul counted on. His actions were as unconventional as his mouth and like his father, he made his name in an encounter where he was statistically outmatched. In a frigate (there's that word again), his ship damaged, Arestul ordered ramming speed and destroyed the shield generator of an Executor-class Super Star Destroyer. That started it all. What cemented his name came years later when Arestul was named Supreme Commander of Republic Forces. The Admiral decided to take some tactics out of the Rebel Alliance and Rogue Squadron, "hit and run". He took that one step further. Shipyards worked overtime building identical battlegroups, completely identical, the same ship classes, the same fighter wings, the same IFFs, the same markings. The purpose was to conduct multiple operations and have "the same fleet" identified in different parts of the galaxy. He didn't remember much about his father, but Arestul knew that Kam believed "Heroes always rise and Tyranny always falls."

Arestul's career was not as long as Kam's as he was able to retire, having overseen a lasting peace for years. He was able to become the father he never had, he and his wife Tyria Vanagor-Angellus giving birth to twins, Kameron(names loosely after his father) and Kayla(named after her grandmother), they would prove to be Force Sensitive and go off to train with the Jedi with their uncle Caltin.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
While each entry will not be “captivating” or “enthralling” to listen to, the recordings were originally meant to be used in the case of inquiries and depositions. It soon became something of a necessary tradition and protocol as more than once an Angellus was considered an “outlaw” or “traitor” these recordings, while not necessarily proving otherwise to some give a view of “what really happened.” The first entries are some of the main exploits of Fleet Admiral Kam Angellus, and his son Fleet Admiral himself, and former Supreme Commander Arestul Angellus. The two of them carved a swathe into those who would do the Republic, Empire, Rebel Alliance, and the New Republic harm(chronologically and did so in their own ways. These exploits document many of the actions as they really happened and some offer "official releases on what happened. So that the galaxy sees what the public was told as opposed to the knowledge of who was there.

Liram is currently shifting his focus from piloting a fighter, which is what he has done his entire career to the command of a ship. This is FAR from his comfort zone and maybe by reading some of these, he might gain not only some insight into his history but some better understanding and knowledge of who he is, as well as what he can do.

Last edited:
Hey there, Liram Angellus Liram Angellus ! I'll be your Codex Judge for this submission, and as I'm just a Codex Trainee at the moment, Allyson Locke Allyson Locke will be helping out too.

If at any point through this review process you don't understand what it is I might be suggesting, or just need some further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

I have highlighted the Permissions point here as this bullet is intended to give credit to and proof of permission to use the work of another in your own submission here. If I am incorrect in my understanding that this is used in submission currently as giving the "Silver Jedi Concord" Permission to use this publication, please let me know, but you can remove this permission as is unless you are using material originally created by the Silver Jedi Concord (and an individual in particular) in this submission.

CONTENT INFORMATION
The series starts with two of the most controversial, influential, and notorious officers, Kam, and his son Arestul. Each recording is linear documentation of their actions, victories, and losses. Each log provides not only a look into the motivations of each officer but their thought patterns as well. Often these dossiers have been used by Commanding Officers to better understand just who they are dealing with.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
While each entry will not be “captivating” or “enthralling” to listen to, the recordings were originally meant to be used in the case of inquiries and depositions. It soon became something of a necessary tradition and protocol as more than once an Angellus was considered an “outlaw” or “traitor” these recordings, while not necessarily proving otherwise to some give a view of “what really happened.”
If you can, would you be able to expand on both Content and Historical Information? You have a lot of good content you can incorporate with the Content section with the posts you've linked at the top of the thread. Including a bit more of this information would definitely add to the sub. The same could definitely go for the Historical Information. You've put a lot of good work into the posts behind this and we'd love to see some more of that here too.

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
For some reason, I did not see your previous response from the 13th, and my apologies for that. The permissions are fine as that would (at least in my opinion) give him credibility in posts. As for the content and information, there is a LOT of information to add, but it is all in my watermelon-sized head. That is why I put "ongoing" as I thought that I could add as it came to me.

If this is not the way things work, go ahead and archive it. It really is not a big deal.
Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Last edited:
Liram Angellus Liram Angellus

Whereas I understand what you are trying to say with the Permissions bullet, this particular section is not for detailing the distribution of this to others.
Srina Talon said:
  • Intent: [ State why you are making this submission and what purpose it will fulfill in RP. ]
  • Image Credit: [ Provide credit to the original artist of the images in your submission. Link to the web page where it can be found and state the name of the original artist if possible. Each image used must be credited. Use TinyEye, Google Image Search, or the Image Credit FAQ to help.]
  • Permissions: [Please link any Marketplace purchase or similar approvals to use other Writers’ content as part of this submission.]
  • Links: [ Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, etc here. Canon or otherwise. Especially obscure references, or events important to the submission.]

As you can see here, this "Permissions" section here is to credit other's work which you may be using in your own submission. If you're trying to limit who can receive this, I'd highly suggest just using the "Distribution" bullet point.

And just to clarify with your Content/Information bit, it's great that you want to expand in the future! There are a number of ways we can do this! We have the options to submit submission modifications for one. What we are mainly asking for here when I asked if you could expand on those categories was simply to give us a little more on the topic. What you linked gave us a lot; we'd just like to see more of that captured here.

If after this, you still want to archive this submission, I can do that for you. Just let me know what you'd like to achieve here.

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Liram Angellus Liram Angellus

This is definitely a step in the right direction and starting to look better already! Thanks for adding a little more to the Historical Information! Would it bee possible for you to also expand a little more on the Content Information? Is this recorded as something of a personal journal when they are recorded or intended to be gathered, researched, etc by people who find them?

Almost there!

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom